• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Translation by Adamant/Dephender:

Quick and dirty translation:
Narrator: Pocket Monsters, or "Pokémon" for short:
Narrator: They're enigmatic creatures that hide many mysteries.
Go: What's THAT Pokémon?
Okido: It might have been a Mew.
Okido: It's said to be a mythical Pokémon.
Sakuragi: Go is just making his debut as a Trainer, so he hasn't been given his starter Pokémon yet.
Go: The one I choose is...
Go: Look!
Satoshi: I've found you!
Satoshi: Let's battle!

Okido: Everyone are able to set off on an adventure alongside Pokémon once they turn ten!
Satoshi: Oh, so cute! Isn't it just the greatest?
Satoshi: I'm Satoshi from Masara Town!
Go: I'm Go from Kuchiba City!
Go: I acknowledge you.
Satoshi: As what?
Go: As my friend!
Koharu: He never seems to do anything other than Pokémon research and observation...
Satoshi: I'm definitely gonna become a Pokémon Master alongside this guy here!
Go: Just wait!
Go: I hold the future in my hand!
???: An extremely rare Pokémon has appeared in Kuchiba's port.
Go: Just as I predicted...
Go: It's in a frenzy!

Not impressed with how Ash looks here... imo, Ash's PM design is the 2nd worst one after Sun/Moon. His face looks so off in so many shots in this trailer. Wish OLM had gone back to the sharp design he had in the series before SM. Bleh.

The animation was good though in the action segments.

I think the most likely is that this will be a "fresh start" (not necessarily a reboot).

I mean they will likely recap the meet betwen Ash and Pikachu. So, new audience can easily enter in this.

Also, although it is probably mentioned that Ash had other adventures, I doubt the events or people in this will be mentioned.

Doesn’t look like a reboot to me... it seems a bit more like how Ash reacts when someone gets to choose their starter Pokémon (ie May). He’s back in Kanto, met Go and that’s how the adventure starts. Vito-ing all his previous adventures doesn’t make sense to me. The poster has his Bulbasaur, Squirtle & Charizard at Oaks lab representing Kanto.

Though it does seem 50:50 if it’s a reboot or not, my money is currently on not.

Mainly because I really hope not.

Pikachu back story? I am shook.

The thing is we have scenes of Ash in pajamas that are likely at different times:

- We ha a scene where he seems to be receiving Pikachu. This is important, because it could be a flashback or the end of Pikachu's back story episode. However, it could also be a retelling for episode 1.

- In the other scene, Ash is waking up in pajamas and Pikachu is along him. That's probably before he mets Go.

Last edited:
Go is from Kanto? Yeah, he isn't going anywhere for a while.

Finally, we got an animated traler, the 1st opening sounds good can't wait to hear it in full, The art style and animation at least to me definitely looks better than SM, and for those saying this is a reboot I don't think so, Ash is just back to Pallet Town and there he meets Go and he chooses one of the kanto starters and their journey begins, I am actally excited for this new anime based on the trailer, when I saw the first SM trailer I was just like meh, but this series has a really good potential, and I hope that It reaches it, one thing I would like is since Ash is back in Kanto, every region will be an arc, for example they spend 10 episodes in Kanto, then they go to Johto for some episodes and in chronological order they finally reach Galar and spend the most episodes there.

Ash is just back to Pallet Town and there he meets Go and he chooses one of the kanto starters and their journey begins
I seriously doubt either of them will pick Kanto starters. There's a lot of cropping, moving and pasting of scenes in different order.

The scene where Gou is picking as starter at Sakuragi's lab with Ash being excited would most likely be the Gen 8 starters whereas the one with the Gen 1 starters is at Oak's lab and Oak is showing them to Gou for whatever his goal is.

I really wonder if there is a Galar League, will Ash win now since he won Alola, or is he just going to lose again?

I seriously doubt either of them will pick Kanto starters. There's a lot of cropping, moving and pasting of scenes in different order.

The scene where Gou is picking as starter at Sakuragi's lab with Ash being excited would most likely be the Gen 8 starters whereas the one with the Gen 1 starters is at Oak's lab and Oak is showing them to Gou for whatever his goal is.

I think the Kanto startes are in Sakuragi's lab.

According to the profiles, Go and Scorbunny have unexpected encounter. So, I don't think Scorbunny was originally an initial.

The scene in Oak's lab (where Ash is in pajamas) seems to be a flashback or recap of the first meeting between Ash and Pikachu.

Last edited:
Probably the "plot twist" will be that Go will not choose any starter and will want to find and befriend his first Pokemon in the wild. And he will find Scorbunny.

And maybe the scene where Ash wants to battle is against Scorbunny, a Pokemon never seen in Kanto which is why he is excited and then in another scene we see Scorbunny and Pikachu fighting.

Reboot or not a reboot... this is a good question. I would say it is a semi-reboot, because of all the throwbacks like Oak's lab and Ash throwing his clock at the wall. They will probably bring a lot of iconic scenes back: The Spearow chase, a similar goodbye scene with a Butterfree, first meeting with Team Rocket, Serena's Kiss, etc.

Also, this anime will really have no female companion, or I would say not a traditional one. There is this one girl in the trailers, but I think she will just be a side character that sometimes has a couple of episodes focused on her but will not be part of the major story. That goes to Ash and Gou. If she would play a major role, she would be part of the promotional posters. Which she isn't.

Ash in his new clothes with all the Kanto starters threw me off and made me think it's a reboot.

Anyone else getting bad Best Wishes memories from this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom