• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Animation looked good.

Scorbunny vs Pikachu could just be so the new Pokémon looks good in the trailer. For all we know that's the only hit it gets before Pikachu fries it to a crisp.

I don't think that this whole saga will just be them retelling old episodes but with Gou added to the cast.
I don't think that's the case either. I don't know why do you think I implied that.

However, as we will see Pikachu's backstory, which likely will include the reason for his original distrust to Ash, they may want to show how Pikachu and Ash become friends again.

The scene where Ash throws his alarm clock is most likely just him and Pikachu returning to Pallet Town, Ash feeling nostalgic and telling Pikachu the story of how he overslept on his first day of being a Trainer before he met Pikachu, demonstrating how his clock broke by throwing it.

And then the other scenes like Ash meeting Pikachu for the first time would obviously be reanimated flashbacks. It wouldn't be the first time they do something like that (Charizard returns episode in BW)

EDIT: Watched the trailer again. Ash is asleep when he throws the clock so it's not him retelling the story to Pikachu. But it could still be him just reliving that moment.

Last edited:
I wonder which region they are gonna do first. We already saw a Bisharp, a Nidoking

The poster looks amazing. I already ship Gou and the girl.

Last edited:
The scene where Ash throws his alarm clock is most likely just him and Pikachu returning to Pallet Town, Ash feeling nostalgic and telling Pikachu the story of how he overslept on his first day of being a Trainer before he met Pikachu, demonstrating how his clock broke by throwing it.

And then the other scenes like Ash meeting Pikachu for the first time would obviously be reanimated flashbacks. It wouldn't be the first time they do something like that (Charizard returns episode in BW)

In the first episode, we will have Pikachu's backstory. In itself, it wouldn't be weird the episode ends with the meeting between Ash and Pikachu.

Except he's clearly dreaming and Pikachu ends up zapping him to wake him up. Could he be dreaming about his first day? I guess, but it'd be really random (who acts out his past like that?) and going a bit far for a continuity nod. Why act excited about potentially picking one of the starters when you could just spend time with the ones you've already trained? He's more excited in this scene than in any time he entered a new region.

The reboot possibility is also odd because Pikachu would be with him too early, but that could be explained by saying that Pikachu inspected his potential trainer and got tired waiting for him to wake up. He zapped him, rushed back to his ball and then they were properly introduced... after Ash realized that he was out of other options.

Except he's clearly dreaming and Pikachu ends up zapping him to wake him up. Could he be dreaming about his first day? I guess, but it'd be really random (who acts out his past like that?) and going a bit far for a continuity nod. Why act excited about potentially picking one of the starters when you could just spend time with the ones you've already trained? He's more excited in this scene than in any time he entered a new region.
Where is it implied that he's picking a starter? For all we know, and with Ash being Ash, he's excited at the prospect of beginning his new journey. The Pokeball throwing scene happens at night so most likely it happens before he goes to bed. Besides, Pikachu has always been zapping Ash for oversleeping (one of the DP episodes come to mind).

The reboot possibility is also odd because Pikachu would be with him too early, but that could be explained by saying that Pikachu inspected his potential trainer and got tired waiting for him to wake up. He zapped him, rushed back to his ball and then they were properly introduced... after Ash realized that he was out of other options.
Now you're just picking at straws with the theories you're coming up with.

Except he's clearly dreaming and Pikachu ends up zapping him to wake him up.
Yeah I already noticed he was asleep, my mistake. Point still stands.
Could he be dreaming about his first day? I guess, but it'd be really random (who acts out his past like that?)
Animated characters in service of a nostalgic reference do.
And this is somehow less farfetched than Ash reliving one of the most important moments in his life in his sleep?

The only nitpick I have so far is how they draw the finger- and toenails of the characters. I hate it, I freaking hate it, when animes do that! A lot of animes draw the nails only half-finished. It looks so stupid. Either they should not draw them or if so, they should finish them. I hate it when characters have half-drawn finger- and toenails. I freaking hate it!:mad::annoyedVoltorb:(n)

I'm really excited for the new series, can't help but wonder if they'll leave Galar to last, you know save the best till last
Yeah that is my theory as well, they are going to go to all regions in chronological order, and when we are like 50 episodes in they will go to Galar and spend the rest of the episodes of the series there.

Yeah that is my theory as well, they are going to go to all regions in chronological order, and when we are like 50 episodes in they will go to Galar and spend the rest of the episodes of the series there.

I don't really see the point of that? What could they do for 10 weeks in one region? Travel through the whole region again? I mean I wouldn't mind that but they would have got to have something big planned. Otherwise, I'd prefer if they travel to the various regions on one off missions.

I don't really see the point of that? What could they do for 10 weeks in one region? Travel through the whole region again? I mean I wouldn't mind that but they would have got to have something big planned. Otherwise, I'd prefer if they travel to the various regions on one off missions.
In my opinion it would be better to focus on one region for say 10 episodes and then go to another, instead of every episodes being in a diffrent region that would just get too messy for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom