• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes no sense. Kiawe is not travelling the world, he pretty much declared that he'll be doing the Island Pilgrimage and working his way to the position of an Island Kahuna.

Olivia talked to travel the world to both of them. She said to Kiawe: If you aim to become an Island Kahuna, its best to learn from the world as much as possible, which for me suggests Kiawe is also gonna travel the world at some point.

Also from the way Koharu is talking about Gou, lemme guess, she has a crush on him?
Her line isn't about Gou, but about her father (the Pokémon professor and researcher who has a park in his lab to observe Pokémon).

At this point, I'm waiting on the second episode to see how everything starts to build from there. First episode looks like it'll be a Kanto fest, which was expected, but still annoying to see. As such, I'll be waiting to see what Ash's plans will be after this recapping, backstory and whatever gets done.

My thoughts on the new series:

I like the new intro and I can't wait to hear all the new versions of it. I hope they bring back older singers to do the covers (Rica Matsumoto, Fumie Akiyoshi, Naomi Tamura etc.).
Pikachu's backstory promises to be a great and rare bit of world building.
I really like Koharu.
Those battles look awesome, especially Nidoking (was that Earthquake)?
Where the heck did they get that Lugia and why are they riding it so causally?

Also something I noticed. The scene with the Kanto starters actually take place at the the Sakuragi Institute. It's the same room that people theorized there would be a teleportation machine. That would explain why Ash's Kanto Mon weren't shown because they weren't even in the same city.
800px-Sakuragi_Institute_interior_concept_art.png

This makes me wonder how Prof Oak plays into the story, since we did hear him talking to Gou about Mew. Perhaps Gou sees Mew and goes to ask Oak about it and meets Ash at his lab who just so happens to have business of his own at the lab.

The reboot possibility is also odd because Pikachu would be with him too early, but that could be explained by saying that Pikachu inspected his potential trainer and got tired waiting for him to wake up. He zapped him, rushed back to his ball and then they were properly introduced... after Ash realized that he was out of other options.
o_O:unsure:

Silktree, are you familiar with Occam's Razor?

If I'm reading the scene right, Gou is offered one the Kanto starters but refuses because he wants his first Pokemon to be Mew. Later on he has his fateful encounter with Scorbunny and decides he wants to catch it. I wonder if it's actually a wild Pokemon when we see it battle with Pikachu. If Gou doesn't have any Pokemon at this point then he would probably need Ash's help to catch it.

This is going to be my last comment on this continuity 'debate' (as far as I can tell all but 2 users are now in agreement that it isn't a reboot), but it's worth pointing out that in the poster, the starters seen in Kanto are Fushigidane, Zenigame and Lizardon......... in front of Satoshi's house.

The trailer looks... interesting?

Pikachu's past is something I never thought we'd get but I'm open to it. Ash's face looks really strange. Gou probably is the most promising thing so far.

Also lol at Scorbunny booting Pikachu in the face. Guess he really wants that mascot position. :p

This is going to be my last comment on this continuity 'debate' (as far as I can tell all but 2 users are now in agreement that it isn't a reboot), but it's worth pointing out that in the poster, the starters seen in Kanto are Fushigidane, Zenigame and Lizardon......... in front of Satoshi's house.

View attachment 127280

Seeing Psyduck and Butterfree also brings back some memories

Okay, so I just saw the trailer and all I have to say is... OH MY ARCEUS, YES! SO MUCH YES!!!!!

The backgrounds look gorgeous and breathtaking! The designs, for the most part, are wonderful (finally, Pikachu and Meowth look normal again)! And the animation... my Arceus that animation! Words can't describe how amazing I think it is! The battles look so smooth and fluid, yet also action-packed and intense and quite explosive (and, dare I say, even epic)! Now, it did have some moments that seemed a little rough around the edges, but, overall, I adore it and hope that this is how the entire series will look like in motion. The funny faces are back (obviously, since they've been in the anime since the start), but this time it seems like they're less... outlandish and hyperbolic than Sun & Moon's (which is a plus for me, since I couldn't (still can't and never will) stand those stupid faces). We saw some call-backs and flashbacks to previous series (here's hopping that they're not exclusive to just the OG series). We saw some battling and using some amazing-looking moves. We saw some sweet moments like Yamper licking Bulbasaur, which was just so darn cute. We saw Corviknight in action alongside Garchomp, which, I don't you, but I'm really hopeful that they're both Ash's (which I know that it's kind of unrealistic, considering that most footage is most likely from the first few episodes of the series, but hey, I can dream that Gible will evolve and be relevant again). And it's basically confirmed (though, let's be honest, all of us already knew this) that the first episode is a Pikachu flashback.

They did it! This trailer finally did it! I'm finally excited about this series! Now, don't get me wrong, I was interested in it before (and I was gonna watch the first few episodes before I formed an opinion about it, regardless), but now... now I'm actually hyped! Though I'm still not 100% sold on it. Some of the designs, while a huge improvement over Sun & Moon in my eyes, are still too... cartoonish? for my tastes. And while I just love everything that they've shown regarding it, I do have to wonder if the animation will be consistently good great amazing outstanding throughout the series' entire run (like in XY) or if it's gonna get a major downgrade and become more choppy and wooden as the series progresses (like in Sun & Moon). Hopefully it's the former, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. And I'm still curious about how the premise is gonna work (and I'm slightly concerned that we're gonna spend too much time in Kanto and not enough in the other regions, but, again, I guess we'll just have to wait and see).

But, overall, I'm stupid happy about the new series. The trailer was exceptional and I just... just... just, give me the anime already. I want it! I want it all! Give it to me, Japan!!! My body is ready (for it)!

Last edited:
The art style is pretty similar to Sun & Moon, though.
triggered
No it is not; It looks MUCH better; and The Artstyle doesn't suck anywhere near as much; Ash looks MUCH less Dopey, and more like a Mix of XY & SM, More towards XY!!

now I'm actually hyped! Though I'm still not 100% sold on it. Some of the designs, while a huge improvement over Sun & Moon in my eyes, are still too... cartoonish? for my tastes.
Yeah. . . But At least It doesn't look anywhere Near as Rubbery & squash-And-Stretch as One Piece as it did during Pokemon the Series: Sun & Moon

Last edited:
triggered
No it is not; It looks MUCH better; and The Artstyle doesn't suck anywhere near as much; Ash looks MUCH less Dopey, and more like a Mix of XY & SM, More towards XY!!

and the designs look nowhere n-e-a-r as dopey as in Sun & Moon. . .
Thank you; finally Someone else who hates how stupid they looked back in S&M!!
Could you calm down a little, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom