• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's highly impossible. The two main points of interest in Lumiose for Ash and Gou would be the Prism Tower and Sycamore Labs, both of which contain recurring characters.
They can just say that Clemont gave up his Gym and have a new character take over.

They can just say that Clemont gave up his Gym and have a new character take over.
Again, highly impossible with the way XYZ ended. Clemont doesn't even remotely seem like the type of guy to ever give up on Clembot, Prism Tower or Lumiose City especially after everything he's experienced thanks to Ash.

Or do you expect them to enter the Lumiose catacombs to research all the skeletons?
To be honest I'd find that a better use of a filler episode than a lot of the ones we got during Johto, and we gotta introduce new ghost types somehow.
Seriously though, I think it would be a serious waste not to revisit old characters when they have this opportunity. Maybe not gym leaders or even rivals but former traveling companions? After all, we got to see Misty during the Battle Frontier.

I mean, it's possible they'll avoid showing any old characters for whatever reason but if they were just going to burn down the past and salt the earth why not just do a standard Sword+Shield series?

As expected, it seems very likely like the TRio are going to start off on a bad note with their boss given their orders to come home today due to not producing good enough results. They happen to have left the only results they did produce (Miki + Hidoide) behind so...

Why introduce the girl if she isn't going to travel?

That's what I keep wondering about myself. She may still play a key role without traveling, but I don't know what she could do when she's described as Go's childhood friend who goes to school. It just seems like such a weird and questionable choice to just have her on the sidelines while the boys go out and explore.

Why would they make such a round about way to not showcase Clemont? It would be extremely strange and out of character for Clemont to give up his Gym. At the most, he could have left his robot in charge again like he did during XY, but I don't see why they'd want to avoid Clemont or other previous traveling companions.

I wanted the return of former companions and Pokemon way before today, but my goodness after that SM finale, I need it. So much for not getting my hopes up over something that might never happen...

I didn't realize young Ash was in those screenshots as well. I really appreciate that they're delving into the characters' pasts from episode one. Hopefully there's some more substance to it than what they tried with XY. Seriously, I love that they incorporated it, but was so disappointed that ultimately, there was such little meaning behind it.

I'm hurting from SM ending way more than I thought I would, so I'm really excited for this series to get started and to jump right in. I love that we're starting to get more and more information on it. Hopefully the special next week has some additional details and footage we haven't gotten yet!

(sorry I'm late. Go figure something like this happens when I'm unable to go on my computer for a couple of days x_x)

Oh, please tell me some of the Pokemon in that poster mean the return of old friends....

I'm kind of hoping the same foe the Pokemon shown in the trailer, but I on't want to get my hopes too high.

Last edited:
I think until we get solid confirmation on the matter assuming old characters will reappear is unwise i'm mainly telling myself this

A lot of us thought M20 being set around EP001 meant Kasumi, Takeshi, and Shigeru were definitely coming back and look how that nonsense turned out. If I found out we'd get zero screen time from old companions, or at most just brief cameos, I wouldn't even be that surprised.

I think that absolutely no old companions are coming back.
Then tell us how you think Ash's return to Alola will go. Is he going to intentionally avoid Kukui, Burnett, and all of his friends and Pokemon that he promised to see again some day? Alola is a relatively small place so it will be hard for him not to run into people he knows there. Not to mention he's basically a celebrity over there so he surely won't go unnoticed.

Last edited:
Then tell us how you think Ash's return to Alola will go. Is he going to intentionally avoid Kukui, Burnett, and all of his friends and Pokemon that he promised to see again some day? Alola is a relatively small place so it will be hard for him not to run into people he knows there. Not to mention he's basically a celebrity over there so he surely won't go unnoticed.

Honestly, this is what's bothering me the most. I know it's not guaranteed that old characters will appear. But, especially after seeing the episode today, if Ash and Gou go to Alola and don't bother to see anyone, then that's going to annoy me. I can understand other regions a little better, since they're so big and those characters have (generally) become more dispersed. But, like you said, Alola is relatively small, and Kukui, Burnet, and his Pokemon have a set home.

Nothing surprises me with this show, and most of the time those surprises are negative, so I'm (trying) not to expect much. But the end of SM, and what I've seen so far of the first two episodes of this series, have surprised me in a much more positive way. I'm hoping the show continues in that direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom