• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

Didn't mean offense to Wobbuffett. I just don't want James going an insufferable amount of time without a Pokemon again, like BW and SM

Same, but the problem is Piplup and Croagunk are featured in episode 8. If old characters are returning, it's basically now or never.

I don't think that's necessarily true if their personalities are distinct from Dawn's Piplup and Brock's Croagunk. We've seen lots of Charizards and Lucarios for instance.

I'm leaning towards them saving Dawn for Sinnoh remakes if that speculation turns out to be true.

Pardon me, but I don't seem to like Go all that much. Something tells me I am in a desolate minority in this case.

Pardon me, but I don't seem to like Go all that much. Something tells me I am in a desolate minority in this case.

Why don't you like Go?

I really like his Scorbunny, seeing it throw a tantrum when Pikachu and Yamper ignored it in the trailer was just too funny.

I'm still neutral on him but it's really because of his goal. I just don't find it interesting
It's still a better goal than all those SM goals and the non-descriptive Dragon/Water master though. It's actually Pokemon related(unlike bubbles, space, restaurants), and also easy to understand without a vague definition. But it's hard to really care about it, hopefully my opinion changes when the show starts but I do like that Ash and Go have a close bond, like Ash had with Dawn and the SM boys...

I want to examine the missing episode title a little bit. The way I see it, there are only two reasons that the title is being censored; It contains the name of an unrevealed Pokemon or the name of an existing character. Looking at the episode 6 title and artwork, that episode most likely takes place in Kanto due to all the Kanto bugs in the art and the reference to Mew. With that said, I don't believe episode 7 will take place in Galar because it wouldn't make sense to jump back to Kanto for one episode and then all the way back to Galar again for an episode and THEN to Sinnoh. It's not off the table, but if this episode doesn't take place in Galar than it's unlikely an unrevealed Galar mon would be in the title or even the episode for that matter. Even so, with the amount of Galar Pokemon we've seen by now there's a fairly low chance that such an early episode would so prominently feature one we haven't seen yet. I'd also like to point out that many of us thought SM141's title was censored because it contained a gen 8 Pokemon, only for it to just be the name of an existing character (Kukui).

So it could be an unrevealed mon, but I find that unlikely. Let's look at characters. The obvious one is Hikari. The episode could be about meeting up with Hikari to set up for the next episode, and thus feature her name in the title. The problem with this is that episode 8 has "in the Sinnoh Region" in the title just like episode 9 contains "in the Jhoto Region." This implies episode 7 most likely won't take place in Sinnoh. One explanation for that is that Satoshi and Gou meet Hikari while traveling and they plan to travel back to Sinnoh together. But I think the more likely answer is that episode 7 features Satoshi and Gou meeting up with Takeshi. They'd already be in the Kanto region from episode 6. The episode title could have Takeshi's name in it and involve his plans to travel to the Sinnoh region on official business, and then Satoshi and Gou decide to travel there with him leading into episode 8.

The wording is odd but I thinks he's meant to be saying that that's their first time seeing Gou as well.

I was kind of hoping someone would go ahead and sub the whole special, but this is certainly nice too. Looks like we're not getting a love triangle after all. I wasn't expecting it, but it would have been an interesting change of pace.
Actually they withheld SM141's title because it spoiled the outcome of the Alolan League, and they did not want that to happen because they held a contest to predict the winner with an actual prize.

Why don't you like Go?

I really like his Scorbunny, seeing it throw a tantrum when Pikachu and Yamper ignored it in the trailer was just too funny.
Lets just say that I feel it In my gellies...

I'm still neutral on him but it's really because of his goal. I just don't find it interesting
It's still a better goal than all those SM goals and the non-descriptive Dragon/Water master though. It's actually Pokemon related(unlike bubbles, space, restaurants), and also easy to understand without a vague definition. But it's hard to really care about it, hopefully my opinion changes when the show starts but I do like that Ash and Go have a close bond, like Ash had with Dawn and the SM boys...
He has a fair point, but Ash's goal isn't a very described one either. Both are powerful plot devices tho. But I liked Dawn the most as a travelling companion of Ash; I'm not a shipper of any sort in Pokemon.

Friday isn't getting near fast enough!

Well that's super disappointing. We've always gotten a sneak peek of a new series with the dub. Even if it doesn't directly promote Sword/Shield as much as the other games, it does feature new Pokemon, so you'd think that would be more than enough reason for them dub the series early. I've also been quite curious to find out what the dub names are going to be and how the new characters sound, so having to wait possibly until the SM dub ends for that is pretty disappointing.

Ugh, lame. I feel like Disney XD is starting to slack on the dub the way CN did before they got rid of it. First the movie, now this. As someone who watches and enjoys the dub, it's really disappointing.

I too really enjoy learning dub names and getting to compare voices, so I get really excited for the previews. Definitely seems like a poor choice if they want to generate interest in the new series dub wise, especially since this is such a different take on the show.

Ugh, lame. I feel like Disney XD is starting to slack on the dub the way CN did before they got rid of it. First the movie, now this. As someone who watches and enjoys the dub, it's really disappointing.

I too really enjoy learning dub names and getting to compare voices, so I get really excited for the previews. Definitely seems like a poor choice if they want to generate interest in the new series dub wise, especially since this is such a different take on the show.

I'm not too sure if they're responsible for the movie situation, if only because there was seemingly no attempt to give it a limited release it in theaters. Disney XD wouldn't be involved with that. They could be more responsible for not airing the sneak peak of the new series by comparison, but it's probably just as likely that TPCI isn't getting the sneak peek of the dub ready in time for them to air it. It's still really disappointing, but it might not be entirely due to Disney XD. I don't think that Disney XD is on Cartoon Network's level of slacking on the dub yet. At least they've been more consistent with its premiere slot and promotes the series through their Anime block promo, which is more than what Cartoon Network did for the last two series they aired on their lineup.

The new series is canon to OS-SM.
Ash left his Alola League trophy and Z-Ring in his room in Pallet Town.

That's a really cool image. It seemed really clear that this wasn't a reboot or set within a different universe, but extra clear confirmation is always good. I also had a feeling that Ash would leave his Z-Ring back in his room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom