• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the Orange League trophy and Frontier plaque next to it, and what seems to be badge cases. I don't remember the object to the right of the OI trophy, though.

I'm not positive why he left the Z-Ring behind. Maybe he thinks it would be an unfair advantage outside Alola where it's possible nobody else can do it? Although he used it against Misty.
EDIT:
Huh, the responses to the tweet are full of comments about it being a continuation and not a reboot (if the translation is accurate), so I guess it was debated in the Japanese fandom, too?

Why... why did they add two objects that have no significance(The RM statue and Clefairy doll), and remove the souvenirs Ash had displayed in his room up to BW?
To be fair, those souvenirs were only from Sinnoh and were only shown in BW.

The new series is canon to OS-SM.
Ash left his Alola League trophy and Z-Ring in his room in Pallet Town.

Welp, that's official hard coded evidence of it not being a reboot, I hope that puts the debate to rest. Also interesting to note that Orange Islands hasn't been forgotten at all, I hope that means we see related strands to it like Ivy, the GS Ball and Tracey (the last one seems most likely).

Now this series needs to be heavy on continuity to reach full potential, especially given that some of the early revealed episodes have possible past characters. If they decide to pull a bait-and-switch this early then that's sending a wrong message and pretty much giving a middle finger to a large portion of the fanbase.

Let's see... I can see the BF symbols, the Hoenn+Sinnoh+Unova+Kalos badges, the Z-Ring(+crystals presumably), the Manalo and MR Exhibition trophies, Orange Island trophy. I assume the Clefairy doll is a gift from Lillie. Can't remember where the 'crown' is from though. Kind of surprised that Kanto and Johto badges are missing.

Last edited:
Nice to see its still canon that Ash is the Alolan Champion in this series. I'm very disappointed that we're not getting a preview, especially cause I wanna know what Gou's English dub name is. I wish they could be like more anime these days that air the subs and dub together.

I don't remember the object to the right of the OI trophy, though.
Can't remember where the 'crown' is from though. Kind of surprised that Kanto and Johto badges are missing.
That's the special commemoration badge each Trainer received from Mr. Goodshow at the closing ceremony of the Indigo League.

As for the Kanto and Johto Badges, he kept those in his OS jacket and not in a case. But I agree it would still have been nice if they had been displayed here alongside the rest.

The new series is canon to OS-SM.
Ash left his Alola League trophy and Z-Ring in his room in Pallet Town.

I love this picture but it reminds me of a similar shot is Best Wishes- which didn’t really rely super heavy on continuity.

I’m struggling to identify all these items, who wants impress me?

I love this picture but it reminds me of a similar shot is Best Wishes- which didn’t really rely super heavy on continuity.
BW is the black sheep of the anime though, from the very first episode they made their marketing intentions clear to have it be a reboot (only to back out on that decision later on).
I’m struggling to identify all these items, who wants impress me?
You're welcome.
Let's see... I can see the BF symbols, the Hoenn+Sinnoh+Unova+Kalos badges, the Z-Ring(+crystals presumably), the Manalo and MR Exhibition trophies, Orange Island trophy. I assume the Clefairy doll is a gift from Lillie. Can't remember where the 'crown' is from though. Kind of surprised that Kanto and Johto badges are missing.
That's the special commemoration badge each Trainer received from Mr. Goodshow at the closing ceremony of the Indigo League.

As for the Kanto and Johto Badges, he kept those in his OS jacket and not in a case. But I agree it would still have been nice if they had been displayed here alongside the rest.

BW is the black sheep of the anime though, from the very first episode they made their marketing intentions clear to have it be a reboot (only to back out on that decision later on).

You're welcome.

ah, I was too lazy to scroll through the thread. Thank you.

So, that blue trophy is from the Indigo league?

So, that blue trophy is from the Indigo league?
Yep

Guys, please don't post unrevealed new Pokemon or information here. I know that the games are available in some parts of the world today, but some people aren't going to get the games until tomorrow and still want to avoid spoilers. Please keep the focus on the upcoming series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom