• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May's cut ribbon and Gary's pokeball weren't from Sinnoh, that is what I'm upset about.
Those symbolize Ash's friendship with both characters
But those items were never on that desk in the first place...

First BW episode:
HZD1Xea.png

BW finale:
EWOHMHR.png

SjwhGwE.png

The new series is canon to OS-SM.
Ash left his Alola League trophy and Z-Ring in his room in Pallet Town.

I really love some of the obscure easter eggs and continuity nods shown here. Like, yeah, we obviously have besides the badges from the previous regions, the Battle Frontier symbols and his recent Alola League trophies. But they also showed the Indigo League badge (which, funny enough, this is the first time it has appeared since Ash received it all the way back in 1999) and his Orange League trophy (which I really love it whenever they acknowledge the Orange Islands arc; hopefully we actually see the region again).

Other than that, nice to finally have some concret, official and undeniable proof that this is indeed a continuation from Sun & Moon and not a reboot focusing on AU Ash No. 2. I mean, it's not like most of us didn't realize that already, but confirmation is always nice.
(now how much do you wanna bet that there's still gonna be people trying to spin this around and keep on claiming that this is a reboot because of the title)

This is from a page in the Manga based off of the New Anime Series. When Ash is in Prof Oak's Car similar to the Trailer in the Anime thinking about Pokemon he has had before. Don't keep your expectations too high for this to be shown in the Anime since the Manga tends to do things different like SM Ash being the same as the Ash from M20 & M21 unlike the Anime.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    534.5 KB · Views: 436
This is from a page in the Manga based off of the New Anime Series. When Ash is in Prof Oak's Car similar to the Trailer in the Anime thinking about Pokemon he has had before. Don't keep your expectations too high for this to be shown in the Anime since the Manga tends to do things different like SM Ash being the same as the Ash from M20 & M21 unlike the Anime.

It'd be nice if they actually have that, though I hope they finally do another proper lab episode at some point with Go joining Ash on a visit to Pallet Town. Could even have a part with GO being jealous over the amount of Pokemon he has!

I really want to see his Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova Pokemon again. His Kalos Pokemon too since we've literally never seen them at the lab, they just got unceremoniously dumped offscreen, and then later skipped in favor of most the Kanto captures...

That and because the new series shares the same logo with the AU movies.
Honestly, the logo argument was weak from the start. The new logo was more of a new era symbolism (used since the 20th anniversary of the franchise) than anything AU related. Then again, the ones who wanted it to be a reboot try to spin it in weird ways, with one guy saying it would be a reboot in a 3rd continuity because "Ash was wearing his green pyjamas". :bulbaFacepalm:

EDIT: Also here's a countdown.
Pocket Monsters - Countdown

Last edited:
The First Chapter of the Manga based on the New Anime has released. I've read it, it seems to be exactly 100% based on the Anime starting from the Episode 2. Here is a Full Rundown of the Content of the First Chapter.
The Story opens up with Ash and Pikachu going to Vermilion City on a Car with Professor Oak. Ash seems to be energetic as usual looking at all the Pokemon outside. He then reminds himself that he has battled and caught a lot of Pokemon ( Flashback shows him with his Charizard, Greninja, Lycanroc and Rowlet ). Professor Oak reveals that Sakuragi is his Junior and they're going to Vermilion City to attend the opening of his Lab. Once they arrive, Sakuragi gives a speech and reveals he wants to analyze every Region and Pokemon. There we see Yamper running around so Ash picks him up hugs him eventually leading Yamper to Shock him and make his SM memeface. Ash is so excited about Yamper since he hasn't seen it before eventually leading Koharu to be scared and run away from him. We then switch to a scene with Gou, who seems to have analyzed and predict that Lugia will appear. Lugia appears and several trainers battle it including one with a Corviknight and Garchomp. Ash battles next, starts off with Electroweb and gets rekt. Lugia then flies away but Ash jumps on it and so does Gou making both of them surprised. Ash is chilling out while Gou is analyzing everything. Gou then "accepts" Ash as his friend. Lugia then drops them on a bunch of vileplume + some more comedy and they promise to see Lugia again one day. Sakruagi then asks them to become his research assistants. Chapter Ends, Next Chapter is called "Pokemon Training"... /

The First Chapter of the Manga based on the New Anime has released. I've read it, it seems to be exactly 100% based on the Anime starting from the Episode 2. Here is a Full Rundown of the Content of the First Chapter.
The Story opens up with Ash and Pikachu going to Vermilion City on a Car with Professor Oak. Ash seems to be energetic as usual looking at all the Pokemon outside. He then reminds himself that he has battled and caught a lot of Pokemon ( Flashback shows him with his Charizard, Greninja, Lycanroc and Rowlet ). Professor Oak reveals that Sakuragi is his Junior and they're going to Vermilion City to attend the opening of his Lab. Once they arrive, Sakuragi gives a speech and reveals he wants to analyze every Region and Pokemon. There we see Yamper running around so Ash picks him up hugs him eventually leading Yamper to Shock him and make his SM memeface. Ash is so excited about Yamper since he hasn't seen it before eventually leading Koharu to be scared and run away from him. We then switch to a scene with Gou, who seems to have analyzed and predict that Lugia will appear. Lugia appears and several trainers battle it including one with a Corviknight and Garchomp. Ash battles next, starts off with Electroweb and gets rekt. Lugia then flies away but Ash jumps on it and so does Gou making both of them surprised. Ash is chilling out while Gou is analyzing everything. Gou then "accepts" Ash as his friend. Lugia then drops them on a bunch of vileplume + some more comedy and they promise to see Lugia again one day. Sakruagi then asks them to become his research assistants. Chapter Ends, Next Chapter is called "Pokemon Training"... /
Wow that's pretty spot on with what we've been shown. Minus a few scenes like Sakuragi being alerted to Lugia's arrival at his speech. I wonder if it will diverge after the first chapter though because episode three is a plot about Ivysaur and doesn't really match the "Pokemon Training" title. Well whatever the case I definitely want to keep an eye on this manga now, maybe it's going to be more continuity driven then the more episodic anime.

Last edited:
Honestly, the logo argument was weak from the start. The new logo was more of a new era symbolism (used since the 20th anniversary of the franchise) than anything AU related.
Lol I personally thought the logo was the least weak argument of them all, to be honest. Everything else was just too convoluted.

The Story opens up with Ash and Pikachu going to Vermilion City on a Car with Professor Oak. Ash seems to be energetic as usual looking at all the Pokemon outside. He then reminds himself that he has battled and caught a lot of Pokemon ( Flashback shows him with his Charizard, Greninja, Lycanroc and Rowlet ).
This just gives me more hope of seeing them in the future. I wonder if this part will be shown in the anime because I heard that the Alola League is referred during the jeep trip.

Ash is so excited about Yamper since he hasn't seen it before eventually leading Koharu to be scared and run away from him.
That's... interesting and... new I guess? The first meetings with past companions/friends/recurring characters involved anger, curiosity, shyness, annoyance .etc. but outright scaring one? This should be hilarious.

Chapter Ends, Next Chapter is called "Pokemon Training"...
Strange. I wonder if the manga is in the same continuity and shows us 'in-between' moments, as well as key stuff from the anime or if it diverges like Electric Tale.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom