• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really love some of the obscure easter eggs and continuity nods shown here. Like, yeah, we obviously have besides the badges from the previous regions, the Battle Frontier symbols and his recent Alola League trophies. But they also showed the Indigo League badge (which, funny enough, this is the first time it has appeared since Ash received it all the way back in 1999) and his Orange League trophy (which I really love it whenever they acknowledge the Orange Islands arc; hopefully we actually see the region again).

Other than that, nice to finally have some concret, official and undeniable proof that this is indeed a continuation from Sun & Moon and not a reboot focusing on AU Ash No. 2. I mean, it's not like most of us didn't realize that already, but confirmation is always nice.
(now how much do you wanna bet that there's still gonna be people trying to spin this around and keep on claiming that this is a reboot because of the title)

Yep! This clearly shows that the next anime series is a continuation of SM and all Ash's past tropies still present! Especially Kalos, Unova and Sinnoh! Also his Z-Ring and Z-Crystal with Kukui's Cup

Where did you hear that?
Various sources, I cba to locate them again. But that's irrelevant now, I guess we'll find out tomorrow or next week.

Besides, if they showed us the trophy cabinet to confirm a continuation, Ash mentioning about the Alola League during the jeep trip seems minor by comparison.

Why did people think it will be a reboot? Because of the name?

The logo for one which is a pretty weak argument for continuity reboots since companies often redo their logos for anniversaries or new eras. Considering Pokemon just left the handheld (sorta) to the main console, it seems appropriate to change logo.

Misinformation peddled by the likes of Satoshipedia, who freely admit they don't speak Japanese and use machine translators, contribute to the belief in a reboot.

Especially on Twitter, people like to claim XY was the last true Pokemon series and use the art direction as evidence of a reboot. The "real Ash" will return when the XY art style returns. People just love to elevate their fanfics above the actual writers.

The First Chapter of the Manga based on the New Anime has released. I've read it, it seems to be exactly 100% based on the Anime starting from the Episode 2. Here is a Full Rundown of the Content of the First Chapter.
The Story opens up with Ash and Pikachu going to Vermilion City on a Car with Professor Oak. Ash seems to be energetic as usual looking at all the Pokemon outside. He then reminds himself that he has battled and caught a lot of Pokemon ( Flashback shows him with his Charizard, Greninja, Lycanroc and Rowlet ). Professor Oak reveals that Sakuragi is his Junior and they're going to Vermilion City to attend the opening of his Lab. Once they arrive, Sakuragi gives a speech and reveals he wants to analyze every Region and Pokemon. There we see Yamper running around so Ash picks him up hugs him eventually leading Yamper to Shock him and make his SM memeface. Ash is so excited about Yamper since he hasn't seen it before eventually leading Koharu to be scared and run away from him. We then switch to a scene with Gou, who seems to have analyzed and predict that Lugia will appear. Lugia appears and several trainers battle it including one with a Corviknight and Garchomp. Ash battles next, starts off with Electroweb and gets rekt. Lugia then flies away but Ash jumps on it and so does Gou making both of them surprised. Ash is chilling out while Gou is analyzing everything. Gou then "accepts" Ash as his friend. Lugia then drops them on a bunch of vileplume + some more comedy and they promise to see Lugia again one day. Sakruagi then asks them to become his research assistants. Chapter Ends, Next Chapter is called "Pokemon Training"... /

Sounds like Lugia won't be the main transportation then. That might work out better story-wise, especially if Go has some kind of mystical connection with Lugia like Ash does with Ho-oh. And since it looks like they're making Ho-oh more relevant I won't be surprised if they go that route.

Did not expect that continuity reference. Ah well.
Looking at that picture of Ash's accomplishments, I kinda wish he got a silver plate or something fro Kalos for being the runner-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom