• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pocket Monsters (WIP) Please leave Comments :D

Do you guys like my Fanfic? :D

• Meh, it's ok :/

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It needs a lot of work D:

• Other (Please Comment)

• Total voters

CT_400

Turtle Lover :D
Reaction score
Work in progress!

You may critique, but don't be too harsh ;D

ALSO: My sig will have the 4 main chapters of the 4 part series :D

The links to every chapter in each separate series are at the bottom of each chapter (Lol wut?)

Click on them to jump to the desired Chapter without having to look for it in my topic :D

Pocket Monsters​

Editor’s Note: Rated “T” for mild violence

Somewhere amongst the vast emptiness of the night sky, a small, dying star glows dimly.

A small, pink, catlike creature flies swiftly to the star. It knows that if it doesn’t move quickly, the only source of light will disappear forever. It empties its mind and envisions itself feet away from the celestial object and ebbs. Within seconds, the pink creature rematerializes a few feet away from the star. It fearlessly dives into the star and melts into a massive, dimly lighted, secret room.

Inside the room are very large, pillar made out of ancient white rock which holds up an enormous white roof that has a sharp indent in the middle. The floor is made of a smooth, white, mirror-like substance. The walls are covered with pictures of ancient events that lead up to the creation of life. In the middle of the room is a huge golden bed with elegant bed poles on all four corners of the bed. The sheets were made of superiorly soft silk unobtainable to man and the mattress was made of strange material as soft and delicate as clouds. Resting on the bed was the God of all living creatures, both Pokemon and non-Pokemon alike. It appeared to be sleeping; all four of its long legs were tucked neatly beneath it and its elegant head lay on a large, white pillow.

The majestic deity stirs, raises its head from a pillow, and looks down at the tiny creature at the entrance of the large room. The pink Pokemon quickly floats to the front of the bed, bows deeply to the powerful being, and waits for permission to speak.

The God nods its head, “You may speak Mew.” its rich voice rumbled.

Mew looks up at the God with its bright blue eyes, “Thank you, Arceus. I bring good news My Lord.” Mew replies

Arceus rises from its bed “You have found the child that will bring life and light back to this world?” Mew nods. Arceus closes its eyes “Are you absolutely certain Mew? If you are wrong, then life as we know it will cease to exist.” Arceus opens its eyes and stares intently at Mew

Mew meets Arceus’s gaze fearlessly “Yes My Lord, this is the child we seek. The Pokemon the child comes into contact with are showing signs of life.”

Arceus nods “This sounds promising. However, I want to give the child one final test. There are five souls in Johto that I trust and will see if the child is the one we seek.” Arceus elegantly gets off from its bed, beckons Mew to follow, and guides the small pink Pokémon to a hidden opening in the room.

The two legendary Pokemon walk to the end a long, winding hall and stop at the end of the hall where a small chest was hidden. Arceus elegantly lifts one of its long legs, slowly brings it down to the top of the chest, and gently taps it with its hoof. The chest opens and reveals a small, brownish-gold egg.

Arceus slowly puts its leg down, turns its majestic head, and looks at Mew. “Mew, take this egg and give it to one of the five. I trust you know who I am referring to.” Mew nods and floats to the chest, bends down and gently grabs the egg, cradles it in its tiny arms, and vanishes.

Once Mew’s psychic light vanishes completely, Arceus looks back at the chest and sighs.

“In the beginning, when the ‘Creators’ ambitions were just beginning, there was only a small, concentrated area that played Pokemon games. I was created from the very first game the ‘Creators’ made and became the light for Pokemon and Man when the ‘Players’ would turn off their games or would set their games aside for long periods of time. I gave the creatures of the Pokemon world a soul and they lived on, forgetting that their world was a ‘game’. The captured Pokemon would gather with their Trainers and sat happily together beneath my light.

Now, the ‘Creators’ have made many new games and have stretched my powers to the limit. I once could light the whole Pokemon world, and now, my light cannot shine brightly enough to reach everyone. I only have the power to give life to the ‘Legendary’ Pokemon and a select few humans. Through them, I am searching for any signs of life. I have foreseen that a child from the ‘Creators’ world would bring back life to the Pokemon world and would give me enough power to light the Pokemon World for many centuries to come.

I would search for the child myself, but the ‘Creators’ forced me to create this star and hide within it when they created my ‘body’ and gave me a name. If I venture from this star, I will disengage and vanish forever. My only hope now is this child that Mew found.”

Arceus swiftly turns around and calmly walks back to the entrance. It elegantly walks to the side of the large bed and stops for a moment. “For the lives of all the creatures in the Pokemon world, I pray this child is the one….” Arceus climbs up onto the bed, lowers its head onto a pillow and sleeps.
----------------------------------

Part 1: Realization

’Words’ = Thoughts

”Words” = Player’s Thoughs

Chapter 1: The Box​

Darkness.

That’s all I could see. I got up from a sitting position and put my paws out in front of me to try and see if anything else was in here with me. I stumbled over my own feet and fell on my stomach.

“OUCH!” I yelped. I got up awkwardly and tried to balance myself with my tail. I fell down again and landed on my left hip. Suddenly, I heard a noise behind me.

I turned around “Is anyone there?” I asked in a shaky voice.

“Yes” a female voice answered, “Where are you?”

I managed to get up and followed the direction I heard the voice “Keep talking! I’ll try and find you!” I shouted and took a few wary steps forward with my arms stretched out in front of me. Suddenly, there was a blinding light that filled the void. I squeezed my eyes closed and froze.

“Wow! I didn’t know I could do that!” a squeaky male voice chirped, “Hi, I’m Cyndaquil! Who are you?”

I blinked several times in an effort to get used to the harsh light. I put a paw in front of my eyes and looked in the direction of the voice. I saw a weird black and yellow Pokemon with a long nose and tiny eyes whose back was on fire. My heart raced and I lowered my paw in shock ’He’s a Fire Pokemon! I-I don’t know why I know this, but…’

Cyndaquil tilted his head curiously “What’s the matter? I know you two can talk, I heard you a while ago” he took a few steps towards me.

“Stay back!” the female shrieked. I turned around and saw a weird green, four legged Pokemon with a large leaf on its head. She took several steps back, obviously scared of Cyndaquil. ’She’s a Grass Pokemon! Why do I feel afraid of her? Better yet, why’s she afraid of Cyndaquil?’

Cyndaquil held his small paws up “Whoa sister, I mean you no harm! I just wanted to know who was in this big box with me”

My eyes widened and I instantly looked around. There were four large walls surrounding us; there was even a wall on top. ’Whoa, we ARE in a box! There’s no way out of here!’ I walked around in a small circle with my jaw wide opened.

“W-where are we?” The female stammered and inched closer to me.

Cyndaquil shrugged “I’d tell ya if I knew sister, but, I’m just as confused as the two of you” He faced me “Now, what’s your name blue?”

I gulped “Totodile” I mumbled. Cyndaquil and I both turned to the plant Pokemon.

She looked down nervously “I-I’m Chikorita…” She whispered.

Cyndaquil smiled “There! That wasn’t so hard! Now then, Chikorita’s obviously a Grass Pokemon, you, Totodile, must be a Water Pokemon, and I’m a Fire Pokemon” He put his paw to his chin thoughtfully, “I wonder why I know that…”

’So it’s not just me!’ I scratched my head and moved closer to Chikorita and Cyndaquil “Why are we here?” I thought out loud

Cyndaquil shrugged “I don’t know brother, I was about to ask you the same question” He sat down and beckoned us to do the same.

Chikorita warily lay down and I clumsily flopped down next to her, my tail accidently slapping her side. She jumped in alarm and I held out a paw “I’m sorry!” I gasped, “I-I’m not good at controlling my tail” She glanced at me warily and reluctantly lay back down.

Cyndaquil chuckled “You need to gain control of your body brother” I glanced at him and blushed

Suddenly, I felt a sharp tugging on my tail “Hey stop that!” I cried out and quickly turned around only to find that no one was there.

“What’s wrong?” Chikorita asked

“Something was pulling my tail!” I answered without facing her.

Cyndaquil jumped up “OW! Something’s pulling my foot!”

Chikorita yelped and jumped up “Mine too! What’s going on?”

The tugging got stronger and started pulling me towards the far right corner of the room. I looked at Cyndaquil and Chikorita and saw that they were having the same problem.

I winced “I-I don’t know, but it’s getting worse!” I pushed my body forward and tried to take a few steps away from the mysterious tugging. I saw Cyndaquil dig his paws on the ground with his left foot in the air; Chikorita was doing the same thing. It looked like an invisible hand was trying to pull them off their feet.

I squeezed my eyes shut, threw myself on the ground, and dug my claws in the ground as well. The tugging intensified and literally pulled me off my feet. My claws were slipping ’I can’t hold on…Much…LONGER’ I grinded my teeth and tried to dig my claws in as deep as I could. I could feel my claws slipping, it wouldn’t be long until I lost my grip and was dragged into the abyss.

I heard Chikorita squeal and instantly opened my eyes and looked at her; she lost her grip and was flying into the darkness. I opened my mouth to say something when I heard Cyndaquil yelp. I turned my head but it was too late, he crashed into me and we both flew into the darkness.

//////////////////////////////////////​

Realization Chapters: (Click on them to jump to desired chapter!)

Chapter 2 - DONE
Chapter 3 – DONE
Chapter 4 - DONE
Chapter 5 - DONE
Chapter 6 - DONE
Chapter 7 - Under Construction

Last edited:
Chapter 2: A Way Out

I heard noises.

They sounded so far away I could barely hear them.

My body felt heavy and difficult to move. I opened my eyes and saw something blurry and red. I blinked to try and see clearly again with no avail. I closed my eyes and tried to listen to make out the noises.

“…dile…”

“….ey…”

“….Totodile!” It was Cyndaquil! He was alive! My eyes snapped opened and I could see big red transparent walls.

“Heeey! Are you Ok?” That was Chikorita, she’s alive too!

I turned to their voices, but a white wall blocked my view. I shakily pushed myself up and saw two round objects close to the thing I was in. I rolled onto my stomach and pushed myself to my feet. Now I could see Chikorita and Cyndaquil’s faces peeking from the inside of round things ’Those are Pokéballs! I don’t know how I know this, but that’s what these things are!’ I ran to the wall of my Pokéball and pressed my nose and paws against the clear, red part of the ball.

Cyndaquil pounded on the clear wall of his Pokéball “You Ok there brother?” He shouted

“You scared us! We thought you were dead!” Chikorita yelled as she put her forepaws on the clear wall of her Pokéball.

“I’m Ok! How are you two?” I shouted, I turned my head away from them for a moment, and then looked back “Do you know what happened? I thought the blackness ate us!”

“We’re Ok brother, but I don’t know what happened or why we’re in these things!” Cyndaquil shouted.

I turned around and looked at our surroundings. Things were different; there were boxes, paper, and a whole mess of things in the big box now! I gasped when I laid my eyes on a human; he wasn’t moving nor did he seem to notice us ’What’s going on? Why is a human here? Why do I even know what that thing is?’

“He doesn’t move!” Chikorita shouted.

I turned and faced her “Doesn’t move? What do you mean?”

“He’s been like that ever since we woke up!” She shouted back

I trembled with fear ’What’s going on here? I want to leave! I don’t know where, anywhere but here!’ My heart raced and I walked in a panicked circle.

Suddenly, the wall on the top disappeared and an enormous human face was looking at us from the sky. I froze; my mind went blank for a few seconds until I heard Chikorita scream in terror. I snapped my head to her direction and saw her on the opposite side of her Pokeball, cowering in fear.

“MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!!” She bellowed and slumped to the floor of her Pokéball, sobbing.

I turned to Cyndaquil and saw him staring at the huge face in the sky. I waved my arms and called to him, but he didn’t move. Crestfallen, I dropped my arms to the side and turned to the human that was in the box with us. My eyes widened when I saw that there was another human with a big thing on her head ’Where did that other human come from?’

The two humans talked to each other for a moment, and then the taller human ran to some weird thing, walked back to the other human, and pointed at us. My heart raced ’This can’t be good!’ My heart sank when the human with the weird thing on its head walked over to us and stood right in front of me. I ran to the opposite end of my Pokéball and curled into a little ball ’Please go away, please leave us alone! I don’t want to be eaten!’

To my horror, the human picked up my Pokéball. I scrambled to balance myself from the sudden movement ’Oh no! No, no, no, no, NO!!’ I faced the human and hissed. I could hear Chikorita and Cyndaquil yell at the human to put me down and leave us alone, but the human wouldn’t listen. Tears formed in my eyes when the huge face in the sky fixed its eyes on me ’T-this is it…I’m g-going to d-die!’ I gulped and braced myself.

Suddenly, I felt that strong pulling again but this time, I could see that the thing pulling me was a big red light. Before I could react, the red light engulfed me and shot me out of my Pokeball. I saw the huge things in the box get bigger as the red light started to fade away. I looked up from my laying position and saw that the human holding my Pokéball wasn’t so big after all ’But that face in the sky is just as big…’ I stared at the huge face and warily got up.

“So! You want the Water Pokémon Totodile?” The tall human asked. I jumped and stared at him ’I-I thought he couldn’t do anything!’

”Yes” A female voice in my head said. I jumped again and looked around for the source of the voice ’A-am I going crazy?’ I put my paws on the sides of my head and squeezed my eyes shut.

“Would you like to nickname your Pokémon?” He asked. I opened my eyes and turned to him with my paws still on my head ’Nickname?’

”Yes” The voice said, ”I’ll call him Oliver” The male human nodded and gave the female human a thin red object.

I narrowed my eyes and threw my arms to my sides, “My name isn’t Oliver!” I snarled, “My name is….My name….” My eyes widened, I couldn’t remember what my name was! I trembled with fear ’Why can’t I remember my name? I knew what my name was before…’ I gasped, ’That voice in my head! It made me forget my name! But why?’

The female suddenly started to walk away from the male human. I followed her, I don’t know why, but I felt that I needed to follow her. I felt guilty walking away from my friends, but I couldn’t help myself. We walked past more strange objects and two other male humans that were walking back and forth. I stared warily at the two males for a moment, and then turned my attention to the face in the sky ’It’s watching us!’ I shuddered and walked faster, hoping to somehow shake the human face’s attention off of me.

The female human stopped and I bumped into her legs “Sorry!” I gasped. She didn’t seem to notice and put a hand on a weird round object stuck to a brown wall. She grasped it, turned it, and pushed the wall open. I could see trees, grass, more humans, and other big boxes.

My jaw dropped ’So there IS a way out of here! I need to tell Chikorita and Cyndaquil!’ I turned around, put my paws on either side of my jaw, and took a deep breath. Suddenly, the female human walked out of the box and into the grass. Without thinking, I followed her outside and she shut the brown wall behind us.

Intro + Chapter 1 - DONE
Chapter 3 – DONE
Chapter 4 - DONE
Chapter 5 - DONE
Chapter 6 - DONE

Last edited:
Chapter 3: Trainer’s Control

SLAM!

My eyes widened and I felt a fluttery sensation in my stomach ’Oh no! Oh no, please!’ I quickly turned around and banged my paws on the brown wall ’Why-won’t-you-OPEN?!’ I grunted and looked franticly for a ball stuck on the wall. I spotted it and tried to jump up to reach it, but it was too high ’I can’t reach it!’ I growled and turned to face the female human.

“Hey! Open the wall!” I shouted, “I have to help my friends!” I was furious when she didn’t answer or even look at me. I grinded my teeth and opened my mouth to yell something else when something tapped me on the shoulder. I jumped violently and slammed my face into the brown wall.

“Haha! You’re weird!” a smooth female voice sang. I rubbed my face and turned around. I saw a smiling, round mouse with a thin, crooked tail with a small blue ball at the end. ’She’s a Water Pokémon! But, what’s she doing here?’ I turned my head to the female human to see if she noticed the round Pokemon, but she hadn’t moved from that spot.

I frowned and faced the Water Pokémon. My eyes shifted to the human face in the sky “Wha-what’s you name?” I asked without taking my eyes off the face.

The Water Pokémon followed my gaze, turned to me looked at me curiously “Marill, what’s your name?”

“Oliver” I said automatically. I cringed inwardly, I wanted to forget that name but I couldn’t “Don’t you see that?”

“See what?”

I raised a brow and pointed to the sky “That huge human face in the sky, that’s what!” I snapped

Marill looked at me nervously “Are you ok? Did you hit yourself too hard on the door?” she touched my arm with her paw

I stared at her dumbfounded “You seriously don’t see that thing in the sky?” I looked up and saw the huge human face looking at the two of us with an annoyed expression ’Oh no! That’s not good!’ I gulped.

Marill sighed and shook her ‘head’ “Are you sure you’re ok?” Her ears perked up when she heard a male voice “Oh, my Trainer’s here!” She sang but didn’t turn around.

I stared at the male walking towards us “That human is your Trainer? How can he be your Trainer? Better yet, what IS a Trainer?”

Marill laughed “He has my Pokéball silly! A human who owns your Pokéball is your Trainer!” She patted me on the nose and laughed again.

“Owns my Pokéball?” I looked at the female human “So, she’s my Trainer?”

“Does she own your Pokéball?” Marill asked

I nodded and she smiled “Then she’s your Trainer Oliver! You have to fight for her, help her catch other Pokémon, and win battles! She can help make you stronger!” she said in a matter-of-fact tone.

I shook my head furiously “W-wait, how do you know this? Who told you we had to do those things for a human if it has your Pokéball?”

Marill smiled “No one told me anything, its jus a strong urge us Pokémon feel that we have to do! There’s nothing in this world that can break a Pokémon’s bond to its Trainer!” She jumped up and down merrily.

“But WHY? Why do we have to do these things? Why MUST we fight for humans if they own our Pokeballs? And why do I know things when I’ve never seen or heard of before?” I demanded; I was growing frantic with this knowledge thrown happily in my face.

Marill’s smile faded “Why?” She echoed, “I….I…Um..” She looked to the ground uneasily

My eyes narrowed “You don’t know do you?” I said with a slightly cracking tone

She glared at me “Why are you asking these questions? Why don’t you just quit asking questions and do what your trainer says like a good Pokémon!” She yelled

“Do what my Trainer says?” I pointed furiously at the sky “HOW CAN YOU EXPECT ME TO FOLLOW SOME STUPID HUMANS ORDERS WITH THAT THING STARING AT ME?!” I roared

We glared at each other; I wanted to take all my frustration and confusion out on her with my claws. Suddenly, her ‘Trainer’ called her name.

I snorted “Your ‘Trainer’ is calling you. Why don’t you be a ‘good Pokémon’ and go to him?” I sneered. Marill shot me a death glare and ran hurriedly to her Trainer.

I grumpily followed my female ‘Trainer’ in silence to another big box. She opened another brown wall and we walked in. Inside were more strange objects with an older female human sitting on a weird brown thing. Unfortunately, the big human face was still visible. The two females talked for a few minutes and we walked back out.

We passed other boxes in silence and almost made it to a path that lead to nothing but tall grass and trees when the tall human male called to us. I turned to him and he grabbed a small, fat object from my Trainer’s hand ’Since when did she get that thing?’ I crossed my arms and looked to the sky again. The face was staring at us impatiently; perhaps it didn’t like these interruptions? I turned to my trainer when I heard the tall male walk away. We proceeded down the path in silence and walked into the tall grass.

I couldn’t take the quiet anymore, “Hey!” I shouted. My Trainer ignored me and I glared at her, “Excuse me! I’m trying to talk to you!” I waited for a response but she never answered.

Furious, I ran in front of my trainer in an effort to make her stop. She never did and walked right through me! It was a terrible sensation; I could feel a horrid coldness sweep through my body as she walked through me as if I never even existed. I trembled violently from the cold and stiffly walked behind her ’W-what j-just happened? Did s-she j-just walk through m-me? She was s-solid when I b-bumped into h-her earlier!’ My teeth chattered as my Trainer continued on, unaffected by what just happened ’What IS she?’

There was a loud snap and my Trainer stopped in her tracks. I peeked curiously from behind her legs and saw a small purple rat several feet away from us. I had the strongest urge to jump in front of my trainer and attack the small Pokémon, but I hesitated ’I-is what Marill said t-true?’ I shuddered; my body was strangely starting to warm up quickly as my Trainer held out her arm.

As soon as she snapped her fingers, I saw red. I immediately jumped in front of her and waited for orders. I could not explain this strange feeling of rage and obedience or why I had to defend my Trainer, but this feeling was so strong that I could not resist it.

”Oliver, use your Scratch Attack!” ordered the voice in my head.

I lunged at the rat Pokémon and raked its face with my claws.

The purple Pokemon squeaked in pain and tacked me in the stomach. I lost my balance and fell to the ground; the air was knocked out of me, but I quickly got up.

”Oliver, Scratch it again!”

I wheezed and ran at the rat Pokémon, but it jumped away at the last minute making me miss my target.

The wild Pokémon tackled me on the back, but I locked my arms and stopped myself from falling face first to the ground. The rat slid off my back and jumped a few feet away without ever taking its eyes off me.

”Scratch it again!” The voice thundered

I growled at the small Pokémon and looked at its body position; it was ready to jump to the right as soon as I got to close. This time, I had a plan.

I ran to the rat Pokémon with my left arm out and my right arm to my side with my paw wide open ready to strike. As soon as it jumped, instantly moved my left arm out of the way and threw my right arm out and scraped it with my claws. The rat Pokémon yelped, fell to the ground, and didn’t get up.

As soon as the fight was over, the hostile feeling vanished. I blinked and stared horrified at the motionless body on the ground ’Wh-what did I just DO?’ I stared at my bloody paws in disbelief ’It’s just like Marill said! I’m fighting Pokémon for my Trainer and there’s nothing I can do about it…’ I lowered my paws and stared numbly at the ground.

We continued on, I didn’t notice that we ran into another wild Pokémon until I felt my body warm up again. I looked up and saw a strange, triangle shaped rat Pokémon with a long, brown and black tail. I glanced at my Trainer nervously ’As soon as she snaps her fingers, I won’t be able to control myself!’ I narrowed my eyes and bared my teeth ’No, I don’t want to fight this Pokémon! Maybe if I-’

SNAP!

I jumped in front of my trainer once again, fury pulsing my veins and waited for orders.

”Oliver, scratch it!” the voice barked

The Pokémon stood on its tail and growled

I felt slightly relaxed, but jumped and scratched it on the belly. My foe squeaked, fell down, and slapped me on the face in the process.

I wasn’t hurt, but I got hit in the eye by the Pokémon’s tail. I rubbed my eye furiously and failed to see my foe dash towards me.

It hit me so hard on my side that I flew a few feet away. I landed face first on the ground, scraping my chin.

I felt dizzy, but I shook my head, shakily stood up, and wiped blood from my chin. I rubbed my eye and forced myself to keep it opened.

”Scratch it again Oliver!” The voice snapped

I glared at the rat Pokémon; it stood on its tail again watching me warily. I snarled, jumped, and scratched its belly with such a force that I knocked it to the ground. The Pokémon landed with a thud and didn’t move.

I snapped out of it and winced as I felt pain and soreness throughout my body. I stayed rooted to the spot; I didn’t want to move lest I feel more pain. I looked at my trainer and saw her rummaging through her bag ’W-what now….?’ I grinded my teeth as she pulled out a strange purple object, walked in front of me, and pointed the object at me ’Please don’t hurt…’ My Trainer squeezed a small stick and a strange smelling mist shot out forcefully into my face.

I nearly choked on my saliva; the mist intensified my pain for a few seconds and then I felt a strong tingly sensation on the cut on my chin. My Trainer squeezed that horrible mist all around my body and had the same reaction except the mist attacked the parts of my body that hurt. As soon as the tingly sensation faded, I felt….Better. Wonderful actually; my body didn’t hurt any more and I felt refreshed.

I stared up at my trainer mystified ’Wait, what just happened? She healed me…HEALED me? But, she ignores me...’ I glared at my Trainer

“Ok, I’ve had it! What’s your deal?” I shouted, “You ignore me, walk THROUGH me, force me to fight, and THEN you heal me?” My Trainer ignored me and started walking towards me. I panicked and jumped out of her way.

My nostrils flared and I clenched my paws, “Fine, DON’T answer me! But can you AT LEAST stop walking THROUGH ME?!” I roared. My Trainer ignored me and continued on, but I didn’t care anymore. I looked to the sky and saw the face stare at me with a soft look. I was strangely calmed by this ’At least that…thing notices me’

We walked in silence and eventually came to a path with oddly shaped sticks stuck to the ground. I reached out to touch one but then a sour smell invaded my nose. I clamped my paws over my nose and saw an aged, wrinkled skinned male human run towards us ’Great, will she make me fight this one too?’ I watched the old human warily as he talked to my Trainer. She was silent as usual and we ended up following the nasty smelling human around the small maze of boxes.

My spirits lifted when he lead us to the ocean shore. I dug my toes into the sand and shivered with delight when the ocean water slapped onto my feet. My moments of bliss came crashing down when the old human lead us away from the ocean and to a box. He handed shoes to my Trainer and she put them on.

I sighed with relief when the old human left and looked to the human face in the sky “This day can’t possibly get worse….” I grumbled

I spoke too soon.

I looked to my Trainer just in time to see her bolt to a new path that leads to more grass. I nearly tripped trying to keep up with her and when she suddenly stopped, I slammed into her legs so hard that I staggered back and fell on my butt.

I grimaced at the human “What are you? Seriously?” I leaned to one side, pushed down on the ground with a paw, pushed myself to my knees, and stood up. “You walk through me when I’m in front of you, but when I’m behind you, I can bump into you?” She ignored me and ran forward.

I clenched my paws “This isn’t normal you know!” I hollered and ran to catch up with her. I stayed a few feet behind her just in case she suddenly stopped again.

I face palmed when she stopped for a wild bug Pokémon “When will this nightmare end?” I griped and jumped in front of my Trainer. I looked over my shoulder and tensed when she held out her hand; I didn’t want her to make me fight again, but I couldn’t do anything about it.

I stared at the green, large eyed Pokémon with pity “I’m sorry” I said and inhaled deeply.

SNAP!

”Oliver, Scratch it!” the voice barked

I snarled and ran at the bug Pokémon with my left arm out, and scraped its back with my claws.

The bug Pokémon fainted instantly and I snapped out of my hostile mode.

I put a paw to my throat, it felt tingly. I tried to cough, but a blast of water shot out from my mouth and hit a nearby box.

My eyes widened “Wow, did I just learn Water Gun?” I surveyed the damage and saw that I made a small dent on the box.

We moved on, passed a small maze of trees, and made it to a secluded brown box. I gazed at it warily ’If we go in, will we be able to get back out again?’ I followed my Trainer to the front of the box and saw her put her hand over the ball stuck to the wall, turned it, and we walked in.

Inside were to old human males ’At least they don’t smell sour…’ I crossed my arms and waited for the humans to finish talking. One of the old males handed my Trainer an egg. I stared at it curiously ’Is that a Pokémon egg?’ I put a paw to my chin and watched my trainer put the egg in her bag. I saw movement out of the corner of my eye and saw the second old male stare at me intently.

I put my paw down and tilted my head “Wow, he’s actually looking at me. You’re the first human to do that buddy! Well, kinda anyway…” I nearly forgot the face in the sky. I looked up and saw the human face stare at us blankly.

I heard the old male chuckle and stared at him curiously “You humans are weird…Since when can you laugh?” I snorted.

The old male smiled warmly at me “I see that face in the sky too, young one” My jaw dropped ’D-did this human just TALK to me?’ I was speechless, the old male laughed and bowed his head “My name is Professor Oak, it’s a pleasure to meet you, Oliver”

I shook my head furiously, “W-wait a minute! How the heck do you know my name? Better yet, why are you talking to me? I-I mean, all the other humans ignored me like I don’t exist, but y-you…” my voice trailed off and Oak smiled warmly, squatted down, and sat on his haunches.

“My young Pokemon, there are a lot of things to explain, but I’m not the one to tell you.” He reached out a hand and patted my head.

“What do you mean ‘not the one to tell you’? Can’t you at least tell me WHY the other humans ignore me or WHY I see a huge face in the sky and no one, not even Pokemon, can see but YOU can see it?” I nearly whined

Oak looked down for a moment then looked me in the eyes, “The other humans ignore you because they lost something a long time ago and without this, they can’t see or interact with anyone. As for the face in the sky, all I can tell you right now is that it is real. You are not insane, the other’s just can’t see it because they don’t have what the two of us have” with that, he patted my head again, stood up, and handed my Trainer a thin, red object.

I ran to him and pulled on his brown clothes “Wait, what do we have that the others don’t? Can’t you help them find it?”

Oak smiled and shook his head; “I can’t find what they lost, and it’s because they lost what we have, they can’t see what we see.” he said simply and started walking to the door. I ran in front of him and blocked his path. I flinched, waiting for him to go right through me. After a few heartbeats, I opened my eyes and saw Oak look at me with concern.

I stared at him dumbfounded “Y-you didn’t walk through me?” Oak smiled and bent down on one knee “I can’t walk through you, I’d trip and we’d both get hurt”

I pointed at my Trainer “The why does SHE do that? Is it because she lost that thing you were talking about?” He nodded and I looked to the ground

He stood up “I have to go now Oliver, but don’t worry, I’ll see you again” He walked around me and put his hand on the ball on the wall. He looked over his shoulder and smiled “Things will be explained soon enough, you just have to trust me on that” He turned the ball and opened the door. He waved to me with his free hand, walked out, and closed the door.

Intro + Chapter 1 - DONE
Chapter 2 - DONE
Chapter 4 - DONE
Chapter 5 - DONE
Chapter 6 - DONE

Last edited:
Chapter 4: Monster

RING-RING!

My head was spinning with questions What did everyone lose? Can I help them find it? Will I ever see Oak again? Are there other Pokémon and Humans out there than have the answers?

I hardly realized that my Trainer and I walked out of the box. I stared blankly at her as she reached into her bag and pulled out a fat, black object that was making an odd noise. ’Wh-what’s going on?’

I heard a familiar voice shout franticly from the odd object ’Is that the tall human?’ Before I could react, my Trainer ran forward, not caring if she left me behind. I narrowed my eyes and ran after her ’I wish she would give me a warning before she does that…’

We dashed through the grass, followed the row of trees, and made our way to the cluster of boxes. My Trainer stopped for a second and I put my paws to my knees and hung my head, desperately trying to catch my breath. I tilted my head up and looked around. The old human who lead us around the boxes when we first got here wasn’t around.

I glared at my trainer “I’m gruh-grateful we didn’t r-run into any wild P-Pokémon, but suh-seriously, what’s the r-rush?” I wheezed. She ignored me and walked calmly to the main entrance. I grinded my teeth ’I guess I should be happy that she’s not running anymore…’ I dragged my feet behind her, I felt really tired and wanted to lie down and sleep. I knew this was impossible.

We made our way to the row of white sticks on the ground. I stared at them curiously ’Since when do white sticks grow from the ground? I thought that only brown ones grow…’ I paid no attention to my Trainer and suddenly bumped into her legs.

I took a few steps back and frowned “You know, it’d be nice if you warned me before you did that” I snapped and put my paws on my hips. I wasn’t surprised when she ignored me, but she acted…Strange. Her body was stiffer than usual and her right hand was right over my Pokéball, as if she was going to start a battle with an imaginary figure.

I looked in the direction she was facing and was startled when I saw a red-headed male several yards away walking quickly towards us. My heart dropped to my stomach and I felt an odd chill crawl down my spine ’This…This feels wrong. I-It feels like something bad is going to happen..’ I crossed my arms and stood beside my Trainer.

As the male got closer to us, I saw a green creature walk behind him. I squinted my eyes ’Is that a Pokémon?’. My eyes widened with horror when I saw who the green Pokémon was; it was my friend Chikorita! She was looking at the ground, and I saw that she was depressed by her body language.

I couldn’t believe any of this was real until she looked at me, her eyes red and puffy. Her expression quickly changed from depression to shock. I scratched the back of my head with a paw and looked down nervously.

“Uh, h-hi”

“…..”

“Umm, h-“

“How could you?”

I looked at her in confusion “How could I what?”

She narrowed her eyes, her expression full of rage “How could you be so heartless you MONSTER!?” She snarled

I was taken aback, “I-“

Her face twisted with rage “DON’T MAKE EXCUSES! YOU KILLED HIM! YOU LEFT US AND KILLED HIM!” She roared. Tears were running down her cheeks.

I held out my paws defensively and took a few steps back “W-what? I killed who?” Chikorita took a step towards me; she had a crazed look in her eyes.

“YOU KILLED CYNDAQIL!” She roared, “BOTH HIM AND HIS POKEBALL WENT UP IN FLAMES AFTER YOU LEFT! I HEARD HIM SCREAM IN PAIN AND HE….AND HE…” Her voice cracked and she sobbed, falling to the ground.

My whole body shook with horror and disbelief. I walked to her and put a paw on her shoulder. Suddenly, she lashed out and slapped me with the leaf on her head with such a force that she cut me on the cheek. Baffled, I put a paw to the cut and took several steps back. I stood sideways and stared at her warily.

She glared at me, her tear filled eyes like daggers “DON’T YOU TOUCH ME! YOU LEFT US AND I HAD TO WATCH CYNDAQUIL DIE! HE’S GONE! THE ONLY THING LEFT WAS A PILE OF ASH!” She rose to her feet and lunged at me.

I couldn’t move; I was too shocked to think or notice that my Trainer held out her hand and snapped her fingers.

I regained focus and forgot who the Pokémon to my side was; she was a target and nothing more.

”Scratch her Oliver!” The voice bellowed.

I threw out my left arm and tried to swing it down on my opponents head before she reached me. I was too slow and she tackled me on my right side and tackled me to the ground. She managed to pin my right arm under her stomach and held the rest of me down with her weight.

I tried to wiggle my way out from under her, but then she started swinging her head left and right, hitting me viciously in the face and the back of my head with the surprisingly sharp leaf on her head. I tried to pull my right arm out from under her to throw her off of me when suddenly she screeched angrily and hit my eye with a well aimed blow. I cried out in pain, a sharp stinging sensation filled my right eye.

”What the hell is wrong with you!? ATTACK IT ALREADY!!” The voice snarled

I tried to obey, but the plant Pokémon refused to let me up and continued her onslaught. I felt dizzy and I could feel liquid trickle down my face and head. I grunted and managed to turn my head. With my good eye, I saw my foe rear her head, swung her large leaf in a circle, and threw her head down.

Before the leaf could hit me, I hit her hard with my Water Gun attack. She gurgled, flew off me, and landed hard on the white sticks. I managed to roll onto my stomach and just laid there for a few seconds. My head was spinning and my entire face and head was throbbing with pain.

”HIT IT AGAIN WITH YOUR WATER GUN!” The voice roared

I groaned and dragged my arms to my stomach. I planted my paws shakily to the ground and pushed myself up. I immediately fell back down due to a strong dizzy spell. I heard the voice in my head grumble something, and then I felt a cold mist surround my body. I chocked on my saliva when the mist hit my face and head. The pain was overwhelming, but lasted for only a few seconds.

I felt refreshed, but my eye was swollen shut. Filled with rage, I pushed myself to my feet. I turned around to face my foe only to she her catapulting towards me. I jumped out of the way just in time and she landed face first on the ground.

She spit out dirt and faced me, her eyes full of rage. I could see cuts and nasty bruises on her, but I didn’t care; she would pay for hurting my eye.

She staggered to her feet and lunged at me again. I waited until she was a few feet away from me and then I hit her with a powerful jet of water in her chest. Her scream was muffled with the water and she was thrown of her feet again.

”DESTROY IT!!” The voice roared

I grinned, ran towards my opponent, and jumped hard on her stomach. As she coughed out the air in her lungs, I sat on her chest, pinned her forelegs down with my feet, and pressed my tail firmly on her stomach. Before she could react, I threw both arms out and started to savagely scratch her face and neck.

She screamed in anger and pain, but that only fueled my ever growing rage. I threw my left arm back and scraped my claws on her opened eye. She screamed in pain and tried to hit me with her leaf. I grabbed the stem of her leaf with both paws and brought the leaf to my open mouth. I took a huge bite and ripped a good chunk of the large leaf from her head. I spit the horrible tasting leaf to the ground and enjoyed my foe’s shrill cries of pain. I cackled madly, threw both of my arms back, and swung my arms down, slashing my foe’s cheeks with my claws. My foe bucked with pain, but I firmly held her down. I slashed and slashed my foe’s exposed flesh until my chest and face was covered in her blood. I smiled madly at her and stopped my rampage for a second to survey the damage.

My foe laid still and was barely breathing. Her entire face and neck was covered in cuts. She couched up blood and tried to say something. I sneered and brought both arms out to deal the finishing blow-

SNAP!

I froze. I blinked my good eye a few times and looked around dumbly as the savage rage slowly left me. I heard something cough from under me. I quickly looked down and almost threw up. My best friend Chikorita was badly injured and hardly recognizable. She stared at me with fear, tears filling her good eye.

I quickly jumped off of her and knelt at her side ’Wh-who did this?’ My good eye widened in horror as the memories flooded my brain. My whole body trembled ’O-oh no….What have I done?’ I looked at her desperately; I wanted her to say something, anything! I saw her move her lips and I leaned forward to hear what she was trying to say.

“C-Chikorita?” I asked weakly.

“…M….”

“Huh?”

“…Mon…” She gurgled. I jumped to my feet and backed away. I knew what she was trying to say ’I-I’m…’. Her Trainer called her back to her Pokéball and walked away calmly.

I stared at the spot where she was a few heartbeats ago and saw the ground stained with her blood. I trembled and looked down at myself. I was covered in her blood. I hurt her without caring if I killed her or not.

I felt dizzy and everything looked blurry. I automatically put my arms out to try and regain balance, but I fell to the ground and shut my good eye. ’I can’t believe what I just did….I…I enjoyed it…I-I’m..’ I felt bile in my mouth and I gasped for air.

“A monster” I rasped.

Everything went black.

Intro + Chapter 1 - DONE
Chapter 2 - DONE
Chapter 3 – DONE
Chapter 5 - DONE
Chapter 6 - DONE

Last edited:
Sorry, this one's kinda short D:

Chapter 5: The Dream and the Oak

I was flying.

I have no idea why or how, but I was in the air. I tried to look over my shoulder to see if I had wings attached to me, but all I could see was a big, bright light, beautiful blue sky, and delicate, large clouds. I looked down and saw many green blotches in the middle of a vast ocean. I focused on a green blotch in the middle and pushed myself down. I was mildly surprised when I started to fly downwards. My heart raced in my non-existent chest as my excitement grew and pushed down harder and dove down towards my destination.

As I got closer, I saw large patches of green and tiny black dots. Curious, I slowly glided down. Slowly, the black dots and blotches took shape of a three big boxes and a large group of bodies surrounded by a vast and thick forest. I was scared of going any closer, but something gently guided me lower. Suddenly, I saw three identical humans and a huge herd of Pokémon. The humans had the same red clothing and were smiling and having fun with the Pokémon.

I was shocked; the humans I’ve encountered completely ignored me and hardly showed any emotion. And there weren’t that many trees where I came from; the boxes took over the land and pushed the green trees and grass far away from them. These three humans were smiling, laughing, and running with the Pokémon. The boxes that were here did push the trees back, but they were simple, large, and looked more inviting. The Pokémon were gated in an enormous wooden pen, but they all looked happy.

Even though I couldn’t see my body, I somehow landed on the grass. I turned my head to the humans and I saw one of the triplets hug a yellow, striped mouse Pokémon while the other two threw Pokéballs at a large, orange, fluffy dog and a long, purple snake. The two Pokémon chased after the balls, caught them in their mouths, and returned the Pokéballs to the two humans. The humans petted their head affectionately, laughed, and gently took the Pokéballs from their mouths. The two Pokémon smiled happily and nuzzled the humans.

I looked at the last human holding the yellow mouse and saw the human laugh at his companions’ fun and hugged the Pokémon in his arms. The yellow mouse smiled happily and rubbed its cheek against the boy’s shirt. Suddenly, the other Pokémon surrounded the humans and jumped up and down merrily. The humans laughed and petted the other Pokémon one by one affectionately.

I was deeply confused ’Wait, since when did humans…SHOW emotion? I thought…I thought they didn’t care…’ I stopped myself and snorted angrily ’No, that’s not true. Oak showed the same emotion…Wait!’ My heart raced with excitement ’These humans and Pokémon must have what Oak said everyone back at home was missing! But, what is it?’ I tried to talk to the happy group, but no sound came out.

Suddenly, the light was blocked by a passing cloud and everyone looked up. I could see the humans tell the Pokémon something, but I couldn’t hear what they were saying. Curious, I glided closer to the large group. I was shocked when the yellow mouse in the humans arm looked at me and smiled. It jumped out of the humans arms and ran towards me. It stopped in front of me and held out its paw-

My eyes snapped open. I could see the clear red wall of my Pokeball and a female human with an odd thing on her head watching over me. I shakily got up and realized that my injured eye was completely healed. I put my paw over my cured eye for a moment, and then jerked when the female human suddenly grabbed my Pokéball. I regained my balance just in time to see a red light engulf me. The light shot me out of my Pokéball and I landed on the hard, cold ground.

I stared numbly at the ground. I was home. My mind went blank and my body felt light, as if I didn’t exist. I felt so emotionally and physically drained that I didn’t realize that my Trainer and I had walked all the way back to the box that started it all. My heart raced ’W-will I see Cyndaquil’s ashes?’ I shuddered as I remembered the fight with Chikorita ’I’m such a monster….’

I reluctantly followed my Trainer inside the cursed box and gagged when a horribly strong, foul stench filled my nostrils. My eyes watered and I inhaled deeply. I instantly regretted it. I could taste the stench of burned flesh and plastic. I slapped my paws over my nose and tried not to breath ’O-oh no…I-it’s true!..’ I felt bile in the back of my mouth and fought the urge to throw up. Tears ran down my cheeks and I looked at my Trainer. She was unaffected by the odor and walked calmly to a group of males.

I wobbled behind her and gagged as the stench grew stronger. My body trembled violently and fresh tears filled my eyes; I hardly noticed the group of humans talking and turned my attention to the odd object that first held our Pokéballs. I could see burn marks where Cyndaquil’s Pokéball was supposed to be. My heart sank with fear and guilt ’I…I killed…Him…’ I squeezed my eyes shut ’I’m worse than a monster….’

I forced myself to look away and focused on the humans. I blinked the tears away and looked into their eyes. They were hollow; there was no emotion whatsoever in their eyes. My stomach turned ’I wonder if that’s how I look when I….Turn into a monster..’ I shuddered. I was relieved when my Trainer turned around and walked to the wall that opened. I restrained myself from running in front of her and took grateful gulps of air once we were outside.

I wrapped my arms around my trembling body and looked to the ground ’H-how could they? How could humans BREATHE that stench? Are they that…empty that nothing bothers them?’ I clenched my paws into fists ’Why didn’t the tall human help Cyndaquil? Why did he LET him die? Did he know this was going to happen?’ Rage filled me and I grinded my teeth ’How can these humans be so…Heartless?’ I snarled and shakily followed my Trainer as she suddenly walked back to the path that leads to the grass.

We suddenly stopped a few trees away from the grass. I angrily looked up at my Trainer and was about to tell her something when everything went black. I gasped and automatically shot my arms out to my sides ’W-what happened?’ I saw a dim sparkle in the sky and blindly put my arms in front of me. I felt my Trainer’s legs and pulled myself closer to her ’Wha-what’s going on?’ I shuddered and pressed myself closer to her body.

SNAP!

HIIIISSSSS!!

I jumped violently when I heard the loud sounds behind me. I squeezed my eyes shut as a bright light suddenly lit in the darkness.

“Hello again Oliver” A familiar voice chuckled warmly.

My eyes snapped open and I instantly tore myself from my trainer. There stood in front of me was Oak holding a strange stick with fire hissing on the top.

Intro + Chapter 1 - DONE
Chapter 2 - DONE
Chapter 3 – DONE
Chapter 4 - DONE
Chapter 6 - DONE

Last edited:
AUTHOR’S NOTE:

GORE (SLIGHT) AND ‘MURDER’ IN THE FLASHBACK!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

It’s not that bad, but I still say it’s still rated ‘T’ just to be on the safe side

Chapter 6: Red, Blue, and Green

Everything was happening so fast

One minute, I woke up in darkness and in a blink of an eye I killed one friend and nearly destroyed the other.

My body trembled with fear and I felt light headed. I closed my eyes, I moved my paws to my head, pressed two clawed fingers to my temples, and rubbed my skin in a small circular motion ’Th…This is too much…’ I could hear the soil crunch as Oak walk closer to me.

My eyes snapped open and I glared at the old male in front of me “I need answers” I demanded. I wrapped my arms around my body in an effort to stop myself from trembling. Oak looked at me with pity for a moment, then he closed his eyes, lowered his head until his chin touched the top of his chest, and sighed heavily.

My nostrils flared ’Those eyes…They make him look like he cares, but I know he doesn’t! These humans are all the same!’ I clenched my paws and threw my arms to the side. ’That’s it! I’ll make him TELL me even if that means-’ I snapped out of my train of thought when Oak suddenly sat on his haunches.

He let go of the stick of light he was carrying in his left hand and it floated above our heads as if an invisible hand was holding it out of harms way. He looked deep into my eyes and smiled gently. I took a few steps back, stunned by the gentle and caring look he had in his eyes. ’Wh-why is he l-looking at me like that? And why does it look so…Familiar?’ My eyes widened ’The dream! Those humans and Pokémon had the same look! But what does it mean?’ I gulped and tried not to flinch as he held eye contact.

“Oliver, I can’t tell you everything” he said solemnly

I narrowed my eyes and grinded my teeth. I covertly opened my right paw and prepared myself to rake the human across the face. Suddenly, images of Chikorita’s mauled body flashed in my mind. I furrowed my eyebrows and squeezed my eyes shut in pain ’No, I don’t want that to happen again….I don’t want to be a monster….’ I relaxed my arm, looked at the human, and sighed.

Oak rested his arms on his knees and placed one hand over the other, “I understand that things are very confusing for you right now and you want answers. I’ve told you before that I’m not the one to tell you, but things didn’t go as planned…”

I snapped.

“Planned? You mean you KNEW bad things were going to happen and you LET them happen?!” I shrieked. My body was trembling with rage, but I restrained myself from attacking.

Oak looked surprised and confused by my sudden outburst. He leaned in closer, “Bad things? What bad things?” he asked cautiously and tilted his head to one side, leaving his neck exposed.

I clenched my paws into fists, but kept my arms to my sides. “What bad things?” I spat, “What do you THINK that means?! YOU STUPID HUMANS FORCE ME TO DO THINGS I DON’T WANT TO DO AND YOU LET MY FRIEND DIE!” I bellowed, tears of rage ran down my cheeks.

The human looked shocked but remained silent. My throat tightened as a swirl of sadness and rage filled me, “DON’T LOOK SO SURPRISED! YOU SAID YOUR PLAN DIDN’T WORK RIGHT? AND WHAT WAS THAT? TO USE ME TO KILL OTHER POKEMON?!?!” I stomped my left foot in front of me and leaned forward until I was nose to nose with the human. “WELL GUESS WHAT? MY TRAINER STOPPED ME FROM KILLING ONE FRIEND, BUT I SUCCEDED IN KILLING THE OTHER! YOU MUST BE SO DISSAPOINTED!” I roared.

Oak backed up slightly and opened his mouth to say something, but he seemed too stunned to say anything. I took another step forward, locked my arms to my sides, and clenched my paws so hard that my claws cut into my palms. Oak breathes in shakily, moved his right arm from his knee, moved it to his face, buries his face into his hand, and exhales shakily.

I grinded my teeth and curled a lip “WHAT? GOT NOTHING TO SAY?” I challenged.

Oak shook his head and slid his hand down to the top of his nose so that his eyes were visible, “Dear Arceus, not here too…” He looked right through me, eyes filled with sorrow and worry. He finally looked me in the eyes and sighed heavily, “Oliver, what in the world happened?”

“What happened? YOU KNOW FULL WELL WHAT HAPPENED! DON’T ACT STUPID!” I roared. Suddenly, Oak narrowed his eyes, removed his hand from his face, and crossed both arms across his chest. I took a big step back in shock ’W-what?’

“Oliver, I DO NOT know what happened and I do NOT appreciate you accusing me of something I didn’t do” Oak’s voice was firm and his expression serious. I gulped; I was too startled by his sudden change in behavior to speak.

The human closed his eyes and sighed. I debated whether I should stay or not when the human suddenly bent over and slowly brought his right arm towards me. My eyes followed his movements as he gently put his hand on my back. I glanced warily at him and was surprised to find that his expression was gentle again.

“Oliver, tell me what happened. Who were your friends and who did you ‘kill’?” he asked gently. I felt stones in my stomach and my mouth went dry as the memories filled my head again. I looked away from him, inhaled, and shakily exhaled as fresh tears ran down my cheeks. Facing him, I told the old human everything I knew; the darkness that took me and my friends, the face in the sky, the deranged Marill, the strong hostile feelings, the battle with Chikorita, and the death of Cyndaquil.

I strangely felt as if a heavy weight lifted from me when I finished telling Oak my story. The old human remained silent through it all, his gentle expression never changing. I felt nervous for some reason and looked down, locked my right arm, moved my left arm to my right one, and rubbed the top of my right arm with my left paw.

“Oliver”

I quickly looked into Oaks eyes, but decided to remain silent.

“I want you to listen to what I have to say and when I’m finished, you may speak. Ok?” his voice gentle. I nodded and Oak smiled, “Good. First off, I want you to know that I’m very sorry for what’s happened to you. I can imagine how hard this must be for you” He paused when I opened my mouth to say something, but I stopped when I remembered that he wanted me to stay quiet.

He smiled warmly, “Yes young one, I know how it feels to be forced to do things that you don’t want to do. But, I’ve never been forced to hurt anyone because I’m a human and humans don’t hurt each other. Not here anyway….” His eyes dilated for a moment, then he closed his eyes and sighed, “Anyway, I want you to know that Cyndaquil’s death wasn’t your fault and you shouldn’t beat yourself up for something you had no control over.” Oak looks me in the eyes and smiles somberly.

“What?” I blurted, and then I slapped my paws over my mouth. Oak nods, “Yes Oliver, Cyndaquil’s death wasn’t your fault. It’s horrible that Chikorita had to witness it, but she shouldn’t have blamed you for his death.” He smiled as I fidgeted impatiently, “He died because Arceus does not have enough power to keep everyone alive.” He added quickly.

I shook my head in confusion, “Wait, who’s Arceus? Why does he have powers to keep everyone ‘alive’? And why did he decide to kill Cyndaquil and not me or Chikorita?” I reached out and grabbed Oaks white clothing, “Please, tell me why.” I begged.

Oak sighed, “I wasn’t supposed to be the one to tell you, but for your sake, I’ll tell you what you should know for now.” I let go of his clothes and smiled weakly.

Oak removed his hand from my back and moved it to my left side, moved his left arm to my right side, put both hands under my arms, and picked me up. I gasped in surprise at his strength and put my hands on his wrists and dug my claws into his skin. Oak winced and brought me to his chest. I quickly grabbed his shoulders and dug my claws into his clothes. Taking advantage of my good grip, Oak moved his left hand from under my arm to my back, pressed me to his chest with his left hand, quickly moved his right hand from my side and put his right arm under my butt. I put my weight on his arms but kept a firm grip on his shoulders.

Oak stood up and turned around “I’m going to take you to my house Oliver so I can explain there.” He walked forward, leaving my Trainer behind. I don’t know why, but I felt a pang of guilt leaving her behind. Oak seemed to know what I was thinking, “Don’t worry about her, she’ll be fine” he said, his voice vibrating in his chest. I said nothing and dug my claws deeper into his white clothing.

Oak walked passed the first horrid box where the tall human lived, passed the other group of houses, and stopped in front of a large tree. I looked over my shoulder at the large tree and raised a brow, “This is your house?” I looked back at Oak and he smiled. I snorted, dislodged my right paw from his clothing, and leaned back to get a better look.

My eyes widened when we walked straight into the tree. At first I thought we were going to hit it head on, but instead we entered a large, circular shaped hidden room. Inside the room were pictures of many young humans standing next to Oak with different Pokémon at their sides all over the walls. There was a large, green couch in the center, brown different sizes shelves with white things stuffed in them outlining the room, a large blue carpet on the floor in front of the couch, and three large plants randomly placed around the room. On the right side of the couch was a small, red table that had a picture in a yellow picture frame.

Oak walked to the couch and sat down. He leaned back and allowed me to put my feet on his lap. When I got my footing, Oak moved both arms from me and put them down on the couch. I turned to the yellow picture frame “What’s that?” I asked. Oak looked to the picture frame and smiled weakly, “That, my dear Oliver, is what I needed to show you.” I quickly jumped off his lap and ran to the green arm rest, jumped on it, sat down, reached out, and grabbed the picture frame.

I gasped when I realized who was in the picture. Oak got off of the couch, put his arms behind his back, and walked forward until he was right behind me. He stared sadly at the picture, “You recognize who’s in the picture?” he asked. I nodded without looking at him, “I saw them in a dream…” I looked up at Oak, “Who are they?”

Oak’s face filled with pain and he closed his eyes, “Those three are Green, Blue, and Red. They were the very first Pokémon Trainers.” Oak sat in the soft seat behind me and I carefully turned around in the armrest until I was facing Oak.

I held out the picture, “Tell me, please?” I asked.

Oak opened his eyes, sighed heavily, and grabbed the picture frame, “Ok, I’ll start from the beginning.”

~_Flashback_~

In the middle of a densely wooded area, there was a large but simple looking white house with two big windows and an average sized door in the front. Inside the house was a single room with no sinks, restrooms, or kitchen. Red carpet covered the entire floor, all four walls were painted blue, and all the furniture was green. The furniture in the house was a medium sized couch in the center of the room, several empty bookshelves just behind the couch on both side, and a large table in front of the couch. There sprawled unconscious on the floor in front of the table were four humans; three identical looking boys in red clothing and an older man in brown slacks and a white lab coat.

The older man stirs and groans. He opens his eyes and sees blurry red and blue colors. He squeezes his eyes shut rolls onto his stomach, drags his arms to his sides, straightens himself up, and pushes his upper body up by his elbows and upper arm. He drags his legs under him and pushes himself up on all fours with a grunt, leans to the left, and moves his body into a sitting position. The older man leans against the table, brings his arms to his face, and rubs his eyes with his hands. He moves his hands from his face, lowers his arms, and blinks several times. Once his vision is cleared, he looks around the room; he didn’t know where he was or why he was here. He looks to the left and sees the three boys still out cold on the floor.

The old man gasped and quickly moved to the three boys. He put a hand to two of the boy’s necks to check for pulses. They were alive, but he checked the last one to make sure he was alive as well. He sighed in relief and tried to wake the boy in the middle by gently shaking his shoulders. The boy stirred, moaned, and opened his eyes. The man moved and woke the other two boys up while the one in the middle started to sit up. When all three boys were sitting and looking curiously around the room, he spoke.

“Are you three ok?” he stared intently at the boys.

The boy in the middle looked at him, “Yeah, I’m ok but a little confused…” he put an arm behind his head and rubbed the back of his neck.

The man looked at the other two boys, “What about you two? Are you ok?” The boys nodded. He sighed in relief, “That’s good. My name is Professor Oak, what’s your name?” Oak felt scared, he didn’t know who gave him that name nor did he know where he came from. He pushed the thoughts from his head and waited for the boys to answer.

The trio remained silent and looked nervously at one another. Finally, the boy in the middle cleared his throat, “My name’s Blue, Professor. I-I don’t know why that’s my name, b-but….” Blue looked down at his legs and stayed quiet.

The boy on Blue’s left fidgeted glanced timidly at Oak, “My name’s Green sir…I don’t know why either…” Green said softly and quickly stared at the ground, his face bright red with embarrassment.

Oak looked to the last boy, “What’s your name son?” he asked gently.

The boy locked eyes with Oak “My name’s Red.” He said confidently.

Green and Blue stared at Red, “You know why you’re named Red?” asked Blue.

Red blushed, “N-no, but I’m going to find out why” he declared. Red suddenly jumped to his feet, “Professor, you should know who we are and why we’re here right? I mean, you ARE a Professor after all.” Red made fists with both hands and brought them in front of his chest, eager for Oak’s answer.

Oak sweatdroped as all three boys stared desperately at him. He sighed, “Boys, I don’t know what’s going on or why all four of us are here.” He paused when Red’s gasped dramatically “I’m sorry boys. I don’t know why I’m called Professor Oak either. I wish I had the answers, I really do.” The hope in all three boys’ eyes faded. Red flopped to the ground, crossed his arms, and stared angrily at Oak while Blue and Green stared at Oak with depressed expressions.

Oak held up his hands meekly, “Now, now, I’m sure if we look around here we’ll find answers.”

Red narrowed his eyebrows and slapped his hands on his legs, “Look around at WHAT? There’s nothing here!” he snapped.

Oak looked around the semi-empty room and chuckled, “You’re right, there really isn’t anything here…”

Blue raised his hand and Oak nodded at him, “Professor, if we look outside, we might find some answers” Blue suggested

Red sneered at him, “Oh yeah, because that’s safe! What if there’s a monster out there? It could eat us!” Red snapped

Green recoiled in terror, “M-monsters!?” he squeaked.

Blue put a hand on Greens shoulder and glared at Red, “Don’t worry Green, there’s nothing out there that’s gonna eat us.” Red rolled his eyes and shook his head.

Oak sighed and got to his feet, “Now boys, lets try and get along. I’ll take a look outside to see if it’s safe, you three wait here.” The Professor turned around and walked to the door. He turned the knob and cautiously opened the door.

Outside was luscious green grass, large trees that surrounded the house, bright blue skies, and a large shining light in the sky. Oak poked his head out the door and looked around. Once he was sure that it was safe, he opened the door completely and stepped outside and onto the grass. The breeze was nice and the weather was comfortable. Oak put his hands behind his back, inhaled the pure air, and walked ten feet forward. Oak looked around for a path that might lead to answers, but found none. He frowned and was about to turn around when he heard something moving in the grass behind him. Chills rand down his spine and he held his breath, waiting for the unknown thing to attack.

“Wow, this place looks nice!” a familiar voice gasped.

Oak frowned, “I thought I told you to wait inside Red.” Oak turned around and jumped in surprise when he saw that all three boys were behind him.

Red put his hands on his hips, “I wanted to make sure you didn’t get eaten or something gramps.” he snorted. Blue rolled his eyes and Green hid nervously behind Blue. Oak frowned at the trio but he couldn’t blame them, he was just as desperate for answers as they were.

Blue looked around, “So Professor, is there a way out of here?” He faced Oak and tilted his head to a side.

Oak shook his head, “I’m sorry boys, but I don’t think there’s a way out of here.” He crossed his arms and looked to the left. There was nothing but trees and grass all around them.

Suddenly, there was a loud crackling and snapping noise behind the house. The humans jumped and all three boys ran behind Oak. The Professor put his hands behind him and pushed the boys closer behind him while all three boys cling to his lab coat.

“Stay behind me boys!” Oak ordered.

Everyone held their breath as a loud moaning wind blew strongly from behind the house and kicked up pollen. The humans flinched as the powerful wind slightly pushed them back, Oaks lab coat slapped onto the terrified trio and all three boys’ caps flew off.

The strange episode quickly ended and everything went silent. The humans stood still lest the wind kicked up again. After a few heartbeats, the boys poked their heads warily from behind the Professor.

Green quickly let go of Oaks’ lab coat and clung to his right arm, “W-what h-happened?” his voice trembled.

Red rolled his eyes at Green, “Grow a spine will ya?” he growled

Blue glared at Red “Says the one clinging to the Professor’s other arm.” Red frowned at him, quickly let go of Oaks’ arm, and crossed his arms.

Oak sighed, “Behave boys,” He looked over his shoulder, “I want you three to stay here this time, I’ll take a look..” Oak gently pried Green from his arm and cautiously walked to the right side of the house. He slowly crept to the corner of the house, keeping his left hand on the wall. He held his breath and slowly peaked around the corner and gasped.

There was a long dirt path with short grass at the beginning of it and large patches of long grass on random sides and two long, tallish brown bumps that had a gap in the center. Trees outlined the new path and random boulders were at both ends of the strange bump.

“Wow, that’s freaky!” Red gasped, causing Oak to jump a foot in the air. He put his right hand over his racing heart, turned his body to the left with his left hand still on the wall, and glared at the trio. They had their caps back on their heads.

“Was that there before Professor?” Asked Blue, Green hid behind him and warily glanced over Blue’s shoulder.

Oak sighed and shook his head, “No Blue, this wasn’t here a few minutes ago.” He turned around and stared at the new path, he wasn’t sure if this path leads to answers or danger.

“Is this thing safe?” Green asked shakily.

Blue looked at the boy kindly and smiled warmly, “Don’t worry Green; I’m sure nothing bad is out there.” Blue looked uncertainly at Oak, “There is nothing out there, right?”

Oak shook his head, “I don’t know, but don’t worry, I’ll protect all of you.” he said firmly and smiled warmly at the trio.

Red raised a brow, put his hands on his hips, and was about to say something when his expression suddenly changed to surprise. He raised an arm and pointed behind Oak, “What’s that?” Blue and Green leaned to a side to get a better view at what Red was pointing at and gasped.

Oak raised a brow and looked over his shoulder and did a double take. There in the entrance of the new path was a small, purple rodent. Oaks’ jaw dropped and he turned his body around to shield the boys from this strange creature. He had the strangest feeling, as if he’d seen that creature before.

“Professor, is that a….”

“Pokémon…” They said in union.

Oak felt stones in his stomach, how in the world did they know what that thing was? He’d never seen that thing before yet he felt he knew what that creature was his entire life.

Suddenly, Red bolted towards the purple Pokémon. Oak gasped, threw out his right arm, and tried to grab Red by his collar but Red was too fast. Without thinking, Oak ran after the boy with Blue and Green right on his tail.

“RED, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING!?” Oak yelled as he tried to catch up to the young child. Red ignored him and stopped a few feet away from the creature.

“YOU IDIOT!” Blue hollered and easily ran past Oak with Green right behind him. The two boys stopped right behind Red, too afraid to go any closer.

“B-BOYS WUH-WAIT!” Oak wheezed and stopped behind the trio. He bent his knees, planted his hands on his knees, lowered his head, and gasped for air.

Oak looked up just in time to see Red inch closer to the rodent, bend down on one knee, and held out his left arm. The rodent twitched its whiskers at the boy, blinked, and walked towards Red. Oak watched warily as the rodent neared Red’s hand. It sniffed the boys’ fingers and walked onto his hand. Red smiled, gently lifted his arm, and brought the rodent inches away from his face. The purple Pokémon sat on its haunches and stared at the humans curiously.

“Professor, where did it come from?” Blue asked, never taking his eyes off of the rodent.

Oak stood up straight, “I don’t know, but I think it came from the tall grass.” He leaned closer to Red to get a better look at the Pokémon. The small rodent turned its attention to the Professor and twitched its ears.

Red smirked and pets the purple creature on the head, “It’s kinda cute, I’ll call you Bob.” Green snickered and Blue raised a brow.

“Bob? Why Bob? It looks like a mouse, why not name it Whiskers? Besides, how do you know that it’s a boy and not a girl?” snorted Blue. Red glared at the boy, “Because I had the guts to see it, that’s why!” he snarled.

Oak gently hit Red upside the head, “Red, that’s enough. That was a stupid thing you did, young man! What if Bob attacked you? How could we have gotten to you in time? You seriously need to think before you act, son,” he scolded.

Red looked down at the rat, embarrassed and slightly annoyed, “Sorry Professor…”

Blue frowned, “Maybe Bob shoulda bitten you so you’d learn not to do stupid things!” he scoffed. Red shot him a death glare and Oak facepalmed.

“Enough boys!” Oak sighed and put his arm down, “Well, we should check this place out.” Oak looked down at the trio and poked Red on the side of his head, “Be careful and LISTEN to me for once.” Red smirked mischievously and Green and Blue nodded.

Oak walked in front of the boys, looked over his left shoulder and smiled, “Shall we?” The boys gathered behind him and nodded. Oak looked forward and cautiously walked to the first patch of long grass.

He stared the tall grass half expecting more creatures to pop out. After a few heartbeats, he stepped into the tall grass. He quickly held his arms up as the grass slowly got so high that it almost reached his ribs. He looked back and saw the boys copy his moves and had their arms up; the tall grass reached the boy’s neck. Red swatted at the irritating grass and scratched his neck furiously. The rat sat contently on his head, amused at the human’s difficult time in the grass.

Finally, they reached the end of the tall grass. The humans swatted pollen off their clothes and the boys scratched at their arms and necks. Red grumbled something under his breath, Blue spit pieces of grass from his mouth, and Green sneezed up a storm. Oak shook his head and turned around. He saw a long knee high brown bump in the road and more patches of long grass on either side of it.

Red gawked at the scene, “Oh no! No, no, no! I’m NOT walking through that grass again!” he snarled.

Oak frowned, “I have to agree, but I’m not sure if we can go around the-” Oak was cut off by Red bolting to the brown bumps with the rat in his left arm, quickly put his right hand on the strange obstacle, tucked his left arm in, jumped, put his weight on his right arm, and landed on the other side of the brown thing.

Red faced Oak and grinned, “You were saying?” Blue rolled his eyes, Green giggled, and Oak sighed heavily.

Blue sighed, “C’mon, we can’t leave this airhead alone…” he patted Green on the shoulder and jogged to the bump. Green hesitated for a moment, and then ran to catch up to Blue. Oak shook his head and walked towards the boys.

Blue stopped in front of the bump, judged the distance, put his right hand on the brown object, jumped, and landed on top of the bump. Green glanced warily at the brown bump as if he half expected it to bite him.

Red sneered at Blue, “What’s the matter, too chicken to jump over it?” Red crossed his arms; the purple rodent was now on his left shoulder. Blue rolled his eyes, turned his back to Red, and slid off the bump.

Blue put his hands on his hips and looked at Green, “C’mon Green, it’s not gonna eat you.” He smiled kindly at the squeamish boy and held out his right hand, “I’ll be right here to grab your hand, ok?” Green glanced warily at Blue and nodded.

Red rolled his eyes, “Oh please!” he scoffed. Blue ignored him and helped Green over the bump. The timid boy nearly tripped as he landed. Blue steadied him by putting a hand on his back.

Red fidgeted impatiently, “C’mon old man! We aren’t getting any younger!” he hollered. Oak sighed and power walked to the bump. He stopped in front of the object and frowned, he was too old for this…

Blue smiled and held out a hand, “I’ll help you, Professor.” Green walked up next to Blue and held out his hand too, “I…Um…” he looked down shyly, but kept his hand out.

Oak smiled and took the boys hands. He put his weight on his left hand, lifted his left leg, slowly swung it over the bump, steadily planted his foot on the other side, shifted his weight, pivoted his foot so he would land on his side, and swung the other leg over.

“Thank you boys.” Oak smiled and let go of their hands. Red snorted, “Hurry up! We gotta get over this other one too!” he pointed to a second bump not far from them. Green groaned, Blue sighed, and Oak shook his head.

Everyone made it over the second bump easily enough. The group turned and saw a clear path of short cut grass that leads to a small town. From where they were standing, they could see a large triangular shaped building, two smaller square buildings painted either blue or red, and a few people walking around.

Red crossed his arms, “Well, what are we waiting for?” he started walking but Oak grabbed his collar, “Oh no you don’t! We’re going together! I’ll hold your hand like a child if I have to.” Oak scolded and held out a hand. Red frowned and reluctantly gave Oak a hand. The group cautiously walked into town. A man dressed in blue jeans, white shirt, and had a green cap that had the words ‘Viridian Poke Mart!’ in red letters approached them.

The man smiled, “Welcome to Viridian City! Here, take this Pokéball as a souvenir!” He handed Red a small round object that was red on the top and white on the bottom. Red raised a brow, slowly reached for the object with his left hand, grabbed it, and slowly brought his arm to his chest.

Oak cleared his throat, “Excuse me, but do you know where we are?” The man looked confused, “You’re in Viridian City, sir.”

Blue shook his head, “Yeah, but what IS this place? It wasn’t here when we woke up. Actually, this path wasn’t here either…” Blue looked over his shoulder.

The man scratched the back of his head, “Yes, that wasn’t there when I woke up either…”

Green’s eyes widened, “You woke up in a strange place too?” His three companions looked at him curiously, “Well, well, the wimp speaks!” Red snickered. Blue glared at the boy while Green blushed and looked down embarrassed.

Oak glared at Red then turned his attention to the man, “Did a strange wind kick up here?” The man looked at Oak and nodded.

Blue crossed his arms over his chest, “Did you hear loud snapping sounds too?” The man nodded, “Huh, so whoever did that wanted us to come here…” Blue tapped his chin with his right hand and looked down.

Green trembled with fear, “W-wanted us t-to c-come?” He wrapped his arms around himself and hid behind Blue.

Red rolled his eyes, “By the Gods, grow a spine will ya?” The man looked at Red, “You’re a Pokémon Trainer right?” Red looked at him questionably, “Pokémon Trainer? What’s that?”

The man looked confused for a moment then laughed, “My, my! Your grandchildren are so adorable!” Red facepalmed, Green and Blue smiled, and Oak laughed, “No, no, these three aren’t my grandchildren.”

The man raised a brow, “If they aren’t your grandchildren, then who are they?” Oak was about to answer when Red took a step towards the man, “Hey, don’t change the subject! Tell me what a Pokémon Trainer is first!”

Oak frowned and pulled Red back to his side, “Don’t be rude, Red!” he scolded, “A Pokémon Trainer is a person who catches Pokémon in Pokéball and raises them. They also fight other Pokémon Trainers so their Pokémon can get stronger.” Oak said automatically.

Oak felt a large ball of ice in his stomach, how in the world did he know what a Pokémon Trainer is? He didn’t know what that was a few minutes ago…

Blue stared at the strange object in Red’s hand, “So we can catch Pokémon in that thing?” he pointed at it and Red held out his hand and looked at the round object.

Oak glanced warily at the thing and nodded, “Yes, I really don’t know why I know this, but that’s what that ball is for.” Oak fidgeted uncomfortably, he wanted to get out of here and fast.

Red frowned and glanced at Oak, “You know what this is but you don’t know why?” He looked back at the Pokéball and chuckled, “That seems to happen a lot to us lately…”

The clerk nodded, “That happens to me too, I’ve been giving those things away like candy! I don’t know why, but I feel like I have to.” He looked back at the two square buildings uneasily, “Listen, I have to go back to the Pokémart, I’ll see you around!” the man waved and walked away.

Blue waved back and Red looked at the Pokéball, “Huh, for some reason, I wanna click on the white button…” he rubbed his finger over the plastic button and pressed it. He jumped in surprise when the tiny ball enlarged enough to fit in both hands. He smirked, “Wow, this is cool! I wonder what happens if I press the white button again…” Bob squeaked, jumped off of Red’s shoulder, and scampered off.

Blue snorted, “Nice job genius, you scared off Bob!” Blue crossed his arms and raised a brow at the large ball.

Red snorted, “I’ll get him back in a little bit, I wanna see what’ll happen!” he snapped. Oak sighed; this boy is a handful…

Red looked back at the Pokéball and pressed the white button again. Suddenly, the Pokéball opened releasing a large cloud of silver mist. The mist quickly surrounded the humans, rose to the sky, and disappeared into the distance.

Red coughed, Green sneezed, and Blue and Oak scowled, “Red, what have I told you about doing stupid things!” Oak snapped. He looked around furiously for the clerk and then gasps in surprise as he realizes that everyone else had stopped moving as if they were all frozen.

Blue coughed and put his hands on his hips, “You really did it this time! We don’t even know if that stuff was dangerous or not!” he snarled

Red glared at Blue and was about to say something when he heard a hissing noise. He looked at the source and saw that the Pokéball started melting in his hand. Horrified, Red dropped the Pokéball, but the ball completely dissolved into dust and floated to the sky before it could touch the ground. Red rubbed his hand against his vest furiously, his body trembling with fear and shock. He brought his hand to his face to make sure that it wasn’t hurt.

Suddenly, his fingertips started tingling. Red brought his right hand to his trembling left hand and examined his fingers. He felt tremendous pain; his fingers were starting to melt! He screamed in terror, but it was too late. He watched in horror as his skin dissolved revealing his flesh. Blood and pieces of flesh dropped from his hand, dissolved before it touched the ground, and floated to the sky. His bloody skeleton hand and the skin on his arms started dissolving. Tears ran down his face and he screamed in pain; he looked at his companions for help, but all they could do was watch him die.

Red brought his right hand to his melting arm and hugged it to his chest. He felt dizzy and fell to the ground. His eyes rolled back and he started convulsing as the melting sped up; his hand was completely gone, half his arm was bare bone, and his right hand and both shoes started melting. He opened his eyes and saw blurry figures above him; he barely recognized that it was Oak and Blue. He opened his mouth to say something, but no sound came out. He felt so tired, his eyelids were getting harder to keep open, and the pain was nothing more than a light throb. A soothing hand was petting him, it felt so relaxing. He looked up to see who it was, but now his vision was so blurry he couldn’t tell if it was Oak or Blue. He closed his eyes and fell asleep.

Oak felt sick; the boy’s arms and legs were gone. All he could do was to try and calm the boy so he started petting Red’s head while Blue tries to stop the bleeding. The boy looked at Oak and Blue confused, his eyes dilate, then he closed his eyes, and stops breathing. Oak squeezed his eyes shut in pain and Blue chocked on his saliva. The boy’s body dissolved rapidly, his hips and shoulders were completely gone and his abdomen and chest started dissolving. A mixture of his blood and dust floated to the sky and disappeared.

Suddenly, Green starts coughing and gagging. Blue looks over his shoulder just in time to see Green throw up blood. Blue gasps in horror and throws his arms out to Oak and grabs the Professor by the shoulders, smearing Red’s blood on Oak’s lab coat. Oak opens his eyes and stares into Blue’s terror filled face. Blue stutters nonsense and points at Green. Oak turns to Green and gasps as the boy throws up a mixture of blood and flesh.

Oak jumps to his feet, “Oh no, Green!” he quickly glances at Blue, “Stay here with Red!” he orders and runs to Green.

Green puts his hands to his throat and drops to his knees, struggling for breath; his insides were on fire. He feels a hand on his shoulder and looked up to see Oak’s terrified face. Green removes a hand from his neck, grabs Oaks’ lab coat, pulls him closer, gurgles, and begs for help with his eyes. Oak puts his hands on the boy’s shoulders and looks into the boys’ eyes; the old man couldn’t help him, there was nothing he could do to stop the pain .Green feels the pain increase dramatically and he throws up blood onto Oak’s white coat. Oak gasps in surprise and Green gurgles; he can’t breath and everything is starting to spin.

Oak catches the boy before he could fall. The child convulsed in his arms for a moment, and then goes still. Oaks’ heart was racing and his stomach was turning, this wasn’t happening! Suddenly, Blue cried out in agony. Oak quickly turned around just in time to see the last of Red fly off into the sky.

Blue stared speechlessly at the sky, trembles violently, lowers his head, pounds his fists to the ground, and screams. He sobbed, Red was gone! That hardheaded idiot was gone forever! Blue raises his right arm to his face, rubs his nose with the back of his hand, sniffled and looks over his shoulder. Oak was holding a lifeless Green in his arms and the boy had started to dissolve. Tears blurred the Boys vision as Oak chokes back a sob and buried his face into Green’s lifeless body.

Blue stumbles to his feet and staggers over to Oak and Green. He falls to his knees beside Oak, puts his left hand out, and pets Green on the head. He sniffs, “We’re gonna die too, aren’t we Professor?” he says without looking at Oak.

The old Professor sobs into Greens shirt, pulls his face from the boy, sniffs, and faces Blue. He swallows, “I-I don’t know B-Blue. I…” he squeezes his eyes close in pain and sniffs.

Blue puts his right hand on Oak’s shoulder, staining his lab coat with Red’s blood, “I-It’s ok P-Profes-sor, I-” He’s cut off as Green’s body suddenly dissolves completely, rises up, and floats off into the sky. Blue gulps in air and tries not to cry; Red and Green were no longer suffering and he should be happy about that. Right? Blue lowers his head, squeezes his eyes shut, and breathes in and out to try and calm himself.

Suddenly, he feels a sharp pain in his chest. He quickly puts his free hand over his chest, curls his fingers into a fist, and takes in sharp breaths. He could feel Oak’s hands on his shoulders, but he already knows that the Professor can’t help him; he’s going to die, simple as that. Blue squeezes his eyes shut as the pain increases, it’s getting harder for him to breath.

Oak felt a ball of ice in his stomach, Blue was going to die just like Red and Green did. Suddenly, the boy convulses and his rib cage starts to break. Blue’s eyes widen, he chokes on his saliva, falls back first to the ground, and gasps for air; his rib cage was slowly starting to protrude outwards. With one loud and sickening snap, his ribs break through his skin and start to pull themselves to his sides. Blue gurgles and makes strangled noises, his delicate insides were visible. Suddenly, his abdomen and crotch started ripping open as if an invisible hand was taking a sharp knife and was dissecting the boy. Blood spewed from the boy’s mouth, ears, and open wounds. His internal organs were starting to turn black and were filling up with air like a balloon. The boy convulsed violently as his internal organs swelled, and swelled. Finally, they burst open splattering Blue’s blood onto Oak’s clothing and face.

Oak could only watch as Blue’s body quickly dissolved, floated to the sky, and disappeared. His body trembled with fear, this wasn’t happening! He would wake up and all of this would be a dream. He squeezes his eyes shut, brings his hands to either side of his head, lowers his head, and screams.

Suddenly, he feels his back, arms, and legs tingle. He gasps; it was his turn to die. He removes his hands from his head, wraps his arms around his trembling body, and sobs. The tingling turned into biting pain and the skin on his back, arms, and legs started to dissolve. He gasped, this was it! He was going to die.

BWEEEN!

A harsh pink light surrounded him, instantly stopping the pain. He brought his hands to his face in an effort to block out the blinding light. After a few heartbeats, the light faded. Oak slowly lowered his arms, opened his eyes, and gasped. There floating in front of him was a pink, catlike creature with stunning blue eyes. Oak stares open-mouthed at the creature. Somehow, he knows that this Pokémon is an extremely rare one that doesn’t appear to the average human. He slowly lowers his arms onto his lap and gapes at the pink oddity.

The Pokémon tilts its head to a side, “Do you know who I am, human?” it asks with its Psychic powers.

Oak nods and finds his voice, “You’re Mew, the Mirage Pokemon…” he says.

Mew giggles, “Mirage? I’m quite real.” It floats closer to Oak, “Do you understand what happened to you and the boys?” Oak shakes his head.

Mew blinks, “Just as I suspected. You were brought here for a reason. What happened to you and the boys was meant to happen.”

Oak narrows his eyes, “’Meant to happen’? What does that mean?”

The Mirage Pokemon tilts its head, “Just as it sounds. You were all meant to die here for a reason.” It paused as Oak opened his mouth to say something, but it held its tiny paw up to silence him, “Tell me this human, did you wake up in a strange place? Knew who you were, but didn’t know how or why? Acquire strange knowledge that you didn’t know moments ago?”

Oak looks horrified, but nods.

The pink Pokémon blinks, “That’s because this world is not real. It is fake, you are fake, and I am fake.”

Oak closes his eyes and shakes his head, “W-what? Fake? How can I be fake when I can feel, bleed, and die?” He demands and locks eyes with the legendary Pokémon.

Mew sighs, “That, Professor Oak, is because you have a soul.”

Oak narrows his eyes, “Wait a minute! You just said that we’re all fake and now you tell me that I have a soul? Which is the truth? And how did you know my name?”

Mew tilts its head, “We are fake, yet we are alive. That’s only because we were created from pieces of data and given a soul by the Sun.” it said simply.

Oak stares dumbfounded at the Mirage Pokémon, “Created from…Wha-what are you t-talking about!? None of this makes any sense!”

Mew looks to the sky, “The Sun in the sky is the ‘life giver’. It was created the exact moment our world was. I don’t know why or how for that matter, it just simply is.” It looks back at Professor Oak, “The ones who created us are called ‘creators’. They look just like humans, but they posses a strange power that can create and destroy worlds such as ours.”

Oak felt dizzy, “H-how do I k-know that you’re t-telling the truth?”

Mew puts a paw on Oak’s shoulder, “The Sun can show you what it showed me.” It looked up to the sky again, “It has the power to see what the ‘creators’ intentions are and it can give life to worlds just like ours.”

Before what Mew said could sink it, Oak was surrounded by a warm, golden light. He gasped in surprise as he was gently lifted into the sky, “W-what’s going on!?” he yelped.

Mew giggled, “The Sun is going to show us what became of the boys!”

Oaks arms shot out and he tried in vain to grab something, anything that would keep him from flying to the sky. He gulped as they flew higher and higher into the sky; the town and the large house looked tiny from where he was. Before he knew it, he was face to face with a golden orb. It didn’t feel hot, it was soothingly warm. He jumped when he felt something tug at his collar and quickly turned to see Mew staring at him.

The pink cat smiled, “Ready?” it asked.

Oak gulped and nodded.

The legendary looked back to the Sun, bowed its head, and closed its eyes. Oak hesitated, but copied its movements. Mew raised its paws to the Sun, “Oh glorious life giver, please show us what became of the three children that died by the hands of the ‘creators’!” it spoke firmly.
Oak swallowed hard and nervously glanced at the Sun. It started to glow brightly and Oak automatically shielded his eyes with his arms.

Suddenly, the light faded and Oak heard loud mechanical noises. He opened his eyes, lowered his hands, and gasped. The Sun had taken them to a humongous, white room filled with large oddly shaped machines. Mew tugged at his lab coat and pointed to the ceiling. Oak looked up and saw the dust and blood from the boys swirling on top of the odd machinery. He makes a strangled noise, brings his left hand to his mouth, and watches in horror as the boys get sucked into the machines. The machines make clicking noises and chuck out green chips. The green chips are then put into either a plastic green, blue, or red rectangle, and then placed on separate conveyer belts that lead to separate openings in a wall.

Mew grabs the Professor’s coat and leads him to the conveyer belt in the middle. They follow the colored rectangles to the opening in the wall and discover that it leads to another room. Inside the other room are rows and rows of humans standing next to even more conveyer belts that lead to even more openings. The humans themselves were packing the different colored rectangles into small, square boxes with three different Pokémon on the cover.

Oak shudders, “How can they….D-don’t they know that they KILLED those boys!” he yells.

Mew stares at him kindly, “These humans don’t know that we are alive. All they care about is distributing us to other humans around the world. They can’t even see that both you and I are in this room with them.”

Oak turns to Mew, “How do you know this?” he asks shakily.

Mew closes its eyes, “I know this because I can move freely in the fake world. I can only be caught by a Trainer if he or she activates a certain code. And because of that, I am able to communicate easily with the Sun.” Mew opens its eyes and looks at Oak, “And as you can see, the Sun can show us what the humans intentions were for you and the boys.”

Oak squeezed his eyes shut and shook his head furiously, “But why? HOW? How can it do that?”

Mew puts a paw on Oaks’ shoulder, “Because it is connected to the games by the boys and you. The creators killed the boys and put them into those plastic things. The Sun’s job is to give life to creatures like us, so, when the humans put the boys in those things, the Sun’s powers went with them.”

Oak opened his eyes, “Connected by us? But I didn’t die! And why did they need humans to die? Why not Pokémon?”

Mew smiled, “True, but your blood was collected by the ‘creators’. It only takes a drop of blood for the ‘creators’ to make millions of copies of you and put them into those plastic things. And the humans decided to kill you and the boys because the fake world revolves around humans, not us. This world is a game that deals with humans like yourself catching and raising Pokémon, not the other way around.”

Oaks jaw dropped, how could these humans do such a thing? If they knew that they were alive, would they still kill them and distribute the fake world or would they let them live?

Mew removed its paw from Oaks’ shoulder, “I have to go now, Professor.”

Oak’s eyes widened and he opened his mouth to say something, but Mew put a paw up to silence him. Oak swallowed hard and waited for Mew to speak.

“I have to go back to the Sun. It needs me to help it find a way to let the humans know that we are alive and to show them that what they’re doing is wrong.” It stopped for a moment when it saw sadness in Oaks’ eyes, “Don’t worry, Professor, I promise you that we will meet again.” With that, Mew disappeared in a pink light. Oak was left there floating. He couldn’t believe what was happening, he prayed that this was a bad dream.

Suddenly, Oak feels a strong pull. He gasps and tries to pull away, but gets sucked back into the opening in the wall. He cries out in surprise when he’s face to face with a green chip. Before he realizes what happened, he feels a stronger pull and feels his entire body stretch painfully. Everything goes black.

When he wakes up, he’s belly down in a cold, dark place. Oak lifts his head, brings his arms to his sides, and pushes himself up.

CLICK

Oak shields his eyes with his arms as a harsh light illuminates the dark place. He cautiously lowers his arms and gasps and falls on his butt when he sees a huge face in the sky. The face is a young, 7 year old female with thick, spiky black hair and silver eyes; long and thick cluster of spiky hair cover her left eye completely.

Oak gawks speechlessly at the human female, is what Mew said true? Is this world...Fake?

“YO! Professor!” A young male voice hollers.

Oak jumps in surprise, quickly turns to his right, and his jaw drops in disbelief. There in front of him was Red!

Oak quickly jumps to his feet and runs to Red, “RED! Thank the Gods! Are you ok son?” he asks eagerly.

The boy stares questionably at the old man, “Red? Who’s that? My name’s Ash.” He shifts his weight to his left leg and puts his hands on his hips.

Oak’s heart drops to his stomach, “Y-your name is…Ash?” he asks.

Ash raises a brow, “Yeah…” the boy gasps as Oak suddenly puts his hands on the boys shoulders and looks deeply into his eyes.

“Your name is Ash? Seriously? You don’t remember what happened?” The boy remained silent causing Oak to grow frantic, “Red, Blue, Green! Do ANY of those names ring a bell?”

Ash looked scared, “Umm, a-are you ok P-professor? I-I just c-came for a P-Pokémon...”

Oak gasped as the strange place quickly morphed into a lab filled to the brim with books, papers, a small computer, a large table, and three loan Pokéballs. Oak gulped, let go of the boy, and nodded. Memories of giving three starter Pokémon and Pokédexes away to children whose faces he couldn’t see filled his head.

He closed his eyes and gulped, “Y-yes, that’s r-right. G-go on son, t-take your p-pick...” he heard the boy slowly walk to the table and pick up a Pokéball.

Ash cautiously walked back to the Professor, “I’d like this one, sir!” he held out the Pokéball for Oak to see.

Oak opened his eyes and saw that ‘Ash’ picked Bulbasaur, “So, you want the Plant Pokémon, Bulbasaur?” he said automatically. The boy nodded and Oak numbly walked to a desk at the back of the room, grabbed the red Pokédex from a small table, walked back to the boy, and handed it to him. He didn’t notice the boy taking the Pokédex from his hand nor that his ‘grandson’ had barged into the building and was yelling at him for giving ‘Ash’ a Pokémon and Pokédex before him. He numbly said things to the boys, gave a Pokédex to his ‘grandson’, watched the two boys battle and run off.

He couldn’t hear the sounds of his ‘lab workers’ running around the building doing things here and there. He didn’t notice that he had walked back to the table and put his hands on the hard object nor did he realize that he was crying until a teardrop fell onto his hand. Oak stared dumbfounded at the tiny splatter of water, how could he be alive enough to feel that yet fake enough that he truly doesn’t exist?

Oak narrows his eyebrows, curls his hand into a fist, and grinds his teeth, “I won’t let the boys die for nothing! I’ll find a way to bring their memories back AND to make these…’Creators’ see that what they are doing is wrong!” he looks to the left over Pokéball and sees a Squirtle staring hopefully at him.

Oak stares kindly at the water Pokémon, grabs the Pokéball, and releases the Tiny Turtle onto the table. The turtle stretches its arms and legs gratefully and hugs the Professor, “Will you help me, Squirtle?” ask Oak as he pets the turtle on the head.

The water Pokémon pushes Oak back, looks him in the eyes, and nods. Oak smiles, “I don’t know if Pokémon even know what happened, but I’m sure with your help, we can find a way to live in peace.” With that, Oak takes the tiny turtle into his arms and runs to the door.

~_END Flashback_~

A teardrop falls from Oaks tear-filled eyes onto the picture. The old man doesn’t bother to wipe the tears from his face.

Oliver is stunned ’Whu-what? W-was what he j-just told me r-real?’ he sees the pain in the old man’s face and frowns, ’It must be real, the part about the boys dying anyway. I can see that he’s really hurting from losing the boys…I just hope they really didn’t die like that…’ Oliver shudders at the vivid death scene that played in his head.

“Now you know.” Oak said softly, “The world we live in is just a game for humans. Both you and I and everyone in this world for the matter, are fake.”

I narrowed my eyes, “Fake? How can you say that?” I jumped to my feet and Oak stared at me with red, puffy eyes, “Look, you’re crying right? You can feel things and so can I!” I held out my wounded paws for emphasis, “How does this not make us real?”

Oak smiled weakly, “It makes us fake because the real world is outside of this one.” Oak pointed to the ceiling, “The human face in the sky is where the real world is.”

I put my arms to my sides, “The real world? What does that mean?”

Oak closed his eyes causing more tears to fall from his face, “It is the way it sounds.” He said simply.

I raised a brow and crossed my arms over my chest, “You still haven’t told me who Arceus is or why he doesn’t have enough power to keep everyone ‘alive’” I demanded.

Oak opened his eyes and smiled, “Would you believe me even if I told you?”

I snorted, “It’s better than no explanation at all.”

Oak nodded, “Very well. The Sun is Arceus and the reason why it can’t keep everyone alive is because the ‘creators’ made too many Pokémon games. So many that the ‘life giver’ can’t shine a sufficient amount of light to each game, resulting in walking empty shells like your Trainer.”

I looked at him skeptically, “Uh-huh. And THAT’S supposed to explain everything, right?” I said sarcastically.

Oak rubbed his eyes with his left hand and held the picture frame in the other, “Look at the face in the sky when the light comes back and ask yourself if you noticed something you didn’t see before.” He said without looking at me.

I opened my mouth to say something when I felt a sharp tug on my tail. I gasped in surprise, turned around, and saw nothing. I gulped ’This feels like the same weird tug when I first met Chikorita and Cyndaquil!’ I turned around to ask for help and saw that Oak was gone. Before I could react, I was pulled out of the room and landed roughly on the ground next to my trainer.

I moaned, dragged my arms to my sides, pushed myself up, and wobbled to my feet. Suddenly, the Sun turned ‘on’ and the human face in the sky returned. I looked closely at the face and realized for the first time that the human was female, had thick spiky black hair, silver eyes, and a cluster of thick hair covering her left eye.

Intro + Chapter 1 - DONE
Chapter 2 - DONE
Chapter 3 – DONE
Chapter 4 - DONE
Chapter 5 – DONE

Last edited:
I like this, the idea of being a pokemon and the detail is excellent! I can't wait for the next chapter! 8D... That ppor chickorita though... and *sniffs* Cyndaquil!!!

Thank you!

I'm so happy you liked it :DDD

I'll have the next chapter up when I have time to write it...

School kicks my free time out the window D:

I should have Ch 6 by the end of Spring Break (3/21)

Oh! There's more than just one chapter so I'll have to review in sections. This review is for the prologue, just for cataloging sake.

Oh and I can come off a bit harsh sometimes without intending to. I am really sorry if I do. But I try to be as nice as possible and as positive as possible. So please don't think I'm trying to pick on you.

Somewhere amongst the vast emptiness of the night sky, a small, dying star glows dimly.

Alright, just so you know, the first paragraph- actually the first sentence of a story really really has to grab you. If it doesn't, some readers will just be turned off. Some publishers don't even read past the first page before determining something isn't worth their time.

Now this isn't a bad opening, it's just sort of flat. There's a dim star in the sky. This isn't really abnormal or unusual. There are many dim stars in the sky. Even if it were dying, which is an interesting word choice, why should we care about something that seems rather natural.

To so you what I mean, I'll quote some rather catchy openings from some well known published books.

Starting with a rather simple one, not including the prologue- Artemis Fowl's first book.

Ho Chi Minh City in the summer. Sweltering by anyone's standards. Needless to say, Artemis fowl would not have been willing to put up with such discomfort if something extremely important had not been at stake. Important to the plan.

That's actually the whole first paragraph. We start with a very foreign city, which is intriguing. And by the first paragraph we understand that something important is going to happen. Later we find out that important thing is the beginnings of a plan to kidnap a supernatural being and nearly drag an entire secret underground culture into the light of day.

By your first paragraph, and the first line, we get the sense of a small pink cat like creature flying around a dim star. But it isn't really grounding. It is unusual but not really eye grabbing. We aren't being thrust into something about to happen or something happening. It's a very soft and modest opening which might turn off potential readers.

Another good opening from the book inspiring a recent movie release, The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan.

Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood.

By that first line we get introduced to an interesting word. Half-blood. What does that mean? And we understand it's something undesirable by the narrator but that he's defending himself for. As if it might be desirable for others to be half-bloods even if it isn't for him. So, we have an intriguing introduction into a book about demigods.

Other books aside, an opening really needs to be important. But sometimes, it doesn't always come. The best thing to do is come back to it later when the story is finished- and then create an opening that brings the story full circle.

Pocket Monsters too, while being a kind of cute title by literally translating the Japanese Poketto Monsuta into English, it's also quite general. Simple may still be the way to go. I'm just afraid you might just be settling with it when there might be a better title out there. But we'll see, you might have had a reason behind the title yet.

“You may speak Mew.” its rich voice rumbled.

You should put a comma after Mew. Kind of a nit-picky grammar thing.

Though this story seems really intriguing. You don't seem to trust the reader enough. What I mean is, you don't seem to want to show us this background information and are instead forcing it out of Acerus' mouth in a monologue which is both bogs down the story and breaks the fourth wall for the readers. It'd be best if you just let this background be known through the actions of the characters and the paths of the story's plot. And even if not all of it gets told- it's alright. So long as you know it. J.K. Rowling had tons of backstory that she never got to include in the Harry Potter books. She knew it happened but she couldn't introduce it without dragging the story down. And you shouldn't either.

Okay so that was my review for the prologue. It seems really intriguing so far. We have this creators and life... seems promising.

However I have a feeling this is an OC trainer story. Which isn't really my thing. I'll try to be unbiased when I continue reviewing, but just know I don't really find OC stories very applying because in that case I'd rather the person just write a original story apart from the pokemon verse.

But in any case, I am kind of busy in real life at the moment. But I will try to come back and review the later chapters too. I'll be back! I just can't review through the whole story at this moment in time.

Thanks and see you in my next review!

Wow, thanks for the review :D

Yeah, I still need to fix things up here and there, but I'd say it's good for my first time :D

I'll take your advice and stick to finishing the story before I fix any mistakes I missed :D

As for the title, it DOES have a meaning, but I can only hope that I can portray that in my future chapters =D

Also:

I'm not sure if this would qualify as an OC trainer fic 'cuz the trainer plays no part in the story.

For now anyway ;D

Last edited:
MAJOR UPDATES!

Plus, half of chapter 6 up!

Tell me what you guys think :D

I liked chapter six, it has quite some muysteries and imagination! Alot of people don't actually use that when writing, but you've got the whole made up by yourself thing down pat! Who would've thought a room was inside a tree! Now the flashback, I waiting to see that! It sounds exciting, considering that you only told us who was in the picture, I hope we find out something big! Probably something about the focused characters, it makes me excited thinking about it!... Keep up the good work!

I liked chapter six, it has quite some muysteries and imagination! Alot of people don't actually use that when writing, but you've got the whole made up by yourself thing down pat!

Thank you, I'm flattered ^///^

Yeah, I try to keep things as imaginative as I can.

It's not easy, but I try :D

Who would've thought a room was inside a tree!

Lol, I got that idea from Ruby and Sapphire (Seceret Bases FTW)

Now the flashback, I waiting to see that! It sounds exciting, considering that you only told us who was in the picture, I hope we find out something big! Probably something about the focused characters, it makes me excited thinking about it!... Keep up the good work!

Haha, I hope I can meet your expectations xD

And don't ignore the 'other pictures' in the room, they'll play a part in it too!

Can you guess who they are?

ALSO, a certian legendary will make its apperance ;D

*CoughFirstGenCough*

PIKACHULOVER44!!! You beat me to actually posting first! :boom:

Well, I'm just guessing but is the pokemon Mew?...

CHAPTER 6 IS FINISHED!!

I hope Y'all like it!

I worked really hard on it!

Be mindful of the warnings!

EDIT:

I will not write Chapter 7 until after Summer 'cuz I have a load of essays to do and an Internship!

So, re-read Chapter 6 'cuz that's gonna be it for a while!

~CT

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Benjamin510
YES But No Expiation Of Cyndaquills Ashes...

For those of you who wanted to know WHY Cyndaquil turned into ashes like Benjamin510, I actually forgot to put that in...

Sorry!

But, the real reason why was because the "Sun" can only keep two starters alive 'cuz in each and every game (except for Yellow, but that's the only one I believe), only two of the three Pokemon the Professor has is used.

Therefore, the last one gets eliminated (In my story anyway)

HOWEVER, Squirtle didn't get eliminated....

Why?

Heheh, You'll just have to find out in Chapter 7!

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom