• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Pocket Monsters: XY" TV Anime Announced: October 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fennekin

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Pok%C3%A9mon_XY_Series.png

TV Tokyo announced on Sunday that it and its affiliates will premiere the latest Pokémon television anime, Pocket Monsters XY, on October 17. Satoshi (known as Ash in English) will remain the protagonist, and he and Pikachu will travel to Miare City (Lumiose City) at the center of the Kalos region. There, they will encounter never-before-seen Pokémon and make new friends. Thus begins a new adventure as Satoshi takes on the Kalos League.

Among the new Pokémon in Pocket Monsters XY will be Keromatsu (Froakie), Harimaron (Chespin), and Fokko (Fennekin).

Not coincidentally, the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y games will launch on the Nintendo 3DS worldwide on October 12. The same new Pokémon in the upcoming anime will also be featured in this next generation of Pokémon games at the Kalos region.

001l-2.jpg

003l.jpg

Pokémon XY TV Anime to Debut on October 17 with Satoshi/Ash - News - Anime News Network

Last edited:
Fennekin looks cooler in the Anime here than it does in the game/Sugimori art, imo.

EDIT: I'm disappointed they didn't go with another pun title.

Hmm... I wonder how long it'll be before the dubbed releases for english territories. Hopefully not too long!

I'm hoping that Fennekin won't be abandoned by its old trainer or something just like Charmander, Chimchar, and Tepig. Actually, I would prefer if he didn't even get Fennekin. Seeing as how he'll probably be catching a Fletchling early on, I think that him getting Fennekin is unlikely. Maybe just 1 or 2 of the other starters. Chespin definitely, I think it's carefree attitude as described by the xy site would be great for Ash. If I had to guess, Ash will get only Chespin and Froakie, maybe just Chespin. And of course Fletchling.

The title isn't a surprise. Absolutely loving the logo though.

Satoshi's outfit.... not so much. I always hated Calem's design and was hoping he'd have differently styled clothing but oh well. It's mainly the hat that's bugging me, it's too different in shape from all his old ones (not to mention the fact that it's otherwise exactly the same as Red's hat).

Last edited:
That outfit looks really great, so happy to see the design so early on! :D Not bad, not bad at all!

He better not catch all those starters.[/QUOTE]

I know that really annoys me when he does. We get it Ash, your in a new region. And why can he do it so easily when we have to go through trades

I wonder which one of the starters is going to get the most screen time on Ash's crew. My money is the Froakie.

I aren't surprised with Ash being in the series because it's obvious. Furthermore, there are merchandise of Pikachu from October and up and Pikachu is everywhere in the XY promotion. There's no point to hide Ash anymore. Also I'm glad that there aren't silhouettes around because it would have been horrible.

What I'm more surprised is that Ash goes to Lumiose City first even through it isn't the starting town. This could be free speculation that there areversion exclusive gyms and that Ash will do a mixed route. That's means tha Alexa will let Ash go to Kalos as expected.

Apart of it, there's the first mention of the Kalos league in any canon.

Pretty sure this is dethroning AG Ash as my favorite look for him. He's rocking that style way better than Calem is.

Logo's great too, digging the ripple effect.

I was not expected this to be announced this early. I thought that they'd wait until later in the summer. The logo is pretty cool and I really like Ash's new outfit. The hat really looks cool too. I really hope that he doesn't get all of the starters though. Still, it should be interesting to see this series eventually dubbed.

Oooooooh I really like the new outfit. It's pretty hip. I can see it becoming my favorite outfit. I love the logo, although I find BW!'s to be better.

I'm loving Ash's new outfit. I see the Calem-like style to it and I think it suits Ash. I too hope Ash doesn't get all the starters. I mean in the long run, I wouldn't mind it but I'm always a fan of the less obvious choices Ash could get to fulfill his type quota. So as of now, my favorite for Ash's starter is Froakie. I'm loving its animated design. The pose they gave it seems pretty cool and ninja-esque.

The logo looks nice too. I'm glad they stuck to XY for the title. Pulling an AG and make it "Pocket Monsters: 3D Generation" would've been a bit odd (although this would never happen in the first place due to how the anime is drawn currently).

Satoshi's new outfit is great. Like his BW one, there's no dark colors (like his AG and DP outfits) but this time he looks maybe little older...the BW clothes made Satoshi kinda kiddy-like in a good way.

Can't wait to see how this series will play out.

That Pikachu looks the same as the BW artwork one. And I don't like it.
That series name is just "XY". And I don't like it.
That hat remembers me of Red. And I like it.
That outfit is a darker color scheme. And I like it.
That body looks thinner and taller. And I like it.
That hair covers a little his ears. And I like it.
Those Zs on his checks don't look oversized. And I like it.

Pok%C3%A9mon_XY_Series.png

TV Tokyo announced on Sunday that it and its affiliates will premiere the latest Pokémon television anime, Pocket Monsters XY, on October 17. Satoshi (known as Ash in English) will remain the protagonist, and he and Pikachu will travel to Miare City (Lumiose City) at the center of the Kalos region. There, they will encounter never-before-seen Pokémon and make new friends. Thus begins a new adventure as Satoshi takes on the Kalos League.

Among the new Pokémon in Pocket Monsters XY will be Keromatsu (Froakie), Harimaron (Chespin), and Fokko (Fennekin).

Not coincidentally, the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y games will launch on the Nintendo 3DS worldwide on October 12. The same new Pokémon in the upcoming anime will also be featured in this next generation of Pokémon games at the Kalos region.

001l-2.jpg

003l.jpg

Pokémon XY TV Anime to Debut on October 17 with Satoshi/Ash - News - Anime News Network

Froakie looking awesome like always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom