• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Points of Interest on the map of Pokemon Legends: Arceus

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
I thought this would be an interesting topic to discuss. While we've only seen just a couple of minutes of gameplay so far, Pokemon Legends: Arceus has already managed to make me intrigued about some areas of the map. One of the beauties of open-world adventure games like this is looking out into the distance, seeing something interesting, and deciding to go there (and getting sidetracked by a million other things along the way).

Untitled3_20210321184757.png

There are a few places that have caught my eye. The first 3 are in this image right here. The one on the left is the most peculiar to me, mostly because it's so hard to tell what it is. It looks like some sort of geyser, but it's behaving more like the bottom of a waterfall wood. There is no waterfall big enough to create something like that insight though. This area is also one I think has a lot of potential for something to actually happen in it. What is causing this effect? Is it a Pokemon, or some weird environmental thing? I have to say the moment we are given full reign of this world, I am going here.

Screenshot 2021-03-21 6.57.28 PM.png

I think the middle arrow is actually pointing to something we get to see a much closer look at in the gameplay trailer. It appears to be a massive tree (Crown Tundra DLC for Legends confirmed late 2022 lol), and as seen in the second image, it has some broken ruins. I have a feeling this area could contain a small part of the story since ruins are usually elaborated on in some story or postgame thing (at least in my experience). Then again, this game could just be pulling a BOTW and ancient ruins just exist in the world and maybe have their own story to them, but the game doesn't directly tell you it or include it into anything major or even in a side quest. Whatever it is? I am really interested to see what's up with these ruins and this big tree. There also appears to be a torch here, so maybe these ruins are actually pretty well known.

Now we get to the point on the right of the first image. This one actually only caught my eye recently, and I think this one has the least potential of anything super interesting. It's some odd rock formation that kind of stands out amongst the grassy terrain around it, but that could just be the lighting/silhouette effect on it.

Untitled4_20210321184856.png

This final image was actually the first one to catch my eye in terms of interesting locations. It's almost hard to tell if it's an arch or two stone-like protrusions emerging from the water, but I think it's the latter. We don't really know how water exploration is going to go yet but I am sure we will have some form, whether we ride on Pokemon or have to swim ourselves (it's Pokemon though so I'm gonna assume the Pokemon), but I wonder if anything is going to happen here, or if it's just an odd landmark that won't have any real meaning to it.

That's all I got, but please if you find anything more in the first trailer (or in future trailers whenever they come out), please post them in the comments. Or if you just have any areas seen in the gameplay that you think ou want to explore first, let us know.

Gamexplain put out a 40-min trailer analysis recently, and one of the things they figured out is that the path seen in some shots (lit by torches) is one single path leading from your little town to the big tree with the ruins. I think that will be an early game objective- going to the tree and investigating it.

Gamexplain put out a 40-min trailer analysis recently, and one of the things they figured out is that the path seen in some shots (lit by torches) is one single path leading from your little town to the big tree with the ruins. I think that will be an early game objective- going to the tree and investigating it.

I thought the same thing in the trailer. The trailer gives me the impression that we've only really been shown one early part of the game so far, the only location that strikes me as probably being somewhat far away from the others we were shown is the beach with Piplup, and then in leaked footage, we were supposedly given a glimpse of what climbing Mt. Coronet might look like, so I think we basically saw a stretch of the game they probably focused on first that spans from Eternal City across to Sunyshore City, but I could be wrong.

An area I'm most looking forward to seeing is Snowpoint City and the caves inside of Mt. Coronet themselves. To me the Mt. Coronet caves are iconic because as a kid it felt like the most-vast single area in Pokemon yet, and I definitely got lost a few times, so I'm expecting that feeling to be replicated well in a full open-world game like LA. And I just like Snowpoint City and the routes around it because I enjoy snowy, colder locations.

I initially thought the Piplup beach was Route 213/222, but it could also be a new area entirely? It's definitely on the (western?) coast that's for sure. Speaking of, I'd like to see Pokemon Rock as a point of interest - imagine going to the east coast and seeing this rock formation between two cliffs. Then the realisation hits - it's Sunnyshore City in the past.

The most curious thing from the trailer was that geyser looking thing. I don't remember anything remotely similar to that in DPPt. That might be the one I want to check out first, after the village obviously.

Other than that, I want to see Solaceon Ruins and maybe Snowpoint Temple.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom