• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Contest Poké Balls vs Great Balls vs Ultra Balls

juan8913

I want shiny zekrm
Reaction score
So which one do you prefer?
Me personally i uuse poke balls?

I jus want to know how many people use which one?

Last edited by a moderator:

HexagonStephen

Offline for a while
Reaction score
Re: Poke balls vs great balls vs ultra balls

I like Poké Balls the most. Sure, they aren't as potent as the other two, but I feel like I accomplished more if I catch a Pokemon in one, as apposed to a stronger ball.

Kutomba

Take me for the walk
Reaction score

Ultra Balls. Who cares if your Mewtwo is in a Pokeball? Mine is in a Masterball and just as good, with much less effort on my part.

Data_Error

Gym Apprentice
Reaction score

Whatever I feel like using at the time. Throughout the game, I tend to use whatever I have the most of first, while once I can afford plenty of Ultra Balls I use those to capture whatever I want. Those that find their way onto permanent teams get captured in whatever ball I think matches their design the best. Overall, I still think the Great Ball looks best, though.

Shuckle213896052

1 in 213896052 don't suck
Reaction score

Well, I voted Poke Balls, but I usually use Ultra Balls - it's just that I try and use up all of an 'inferior' ball before starting to use a higher grade.

TFSpock

It's all ogre now.
Reaction score

Even though I captured many of my legendaries and most of my shinies with Ultra Balls, I voted Great Ball because I like it's design, and with it, I caught my first legendary, Raikou.

Betsy

overswagulate
Reaction score

I vote for Ultra Balls because I like it's design. And it's better.

shayminskyforme88

Collecting Events
Reaction score

I mostly use Ultra Ball but I like the simplicity of the pokeball.

Akaiyou

Forever Politoed
Reaction score

It really comes down to how much patience I have at the moment of capturing a certain Pokémon. Personally, I like to use Poké Balls.

Shuckle

Link animated Avatar FTW!
Reaction score

Poke ball. It's very easy to catch Dialga/Palkia with a pokeball. (The only legendaries that are easy to catch)

Dark Master Draya

I Dont Suck, It's Rigged
Reaction score
Re: Pokeballs vs greatballs vs ultraballs

i went ultra ball, they have a way better catch rate and look kinda cool to

Ghost

<FONT FACE=”vivaldi”>Boo.</FONT FACE>
Reaction score

My favorite is the Great Ball, because it has a sleek design, as well as an interesting multiplication effect.

League

MegaEvolutionMegaProfesr!
Reaction score

I always buy Pokeballs in quantities of 10; then, I sell back the pokeballs. I may start a thing where I only use Premier Balls for capture. That'd be expensive though, and it'd only be for show. (It'd essentially 1000 for each ball.)

TLZ the Confirmer

I'm out of Zek macros, OK
Reaction score

Ultra Balls, for the higher catch rate. Poké Balls can't hold a candle to them in terms of reliability.

Poke ball. It's very easy to catch Dialga/Palkia with a pokeball. (The only legendaries that are easy to catch)

Don't forget Reshiram and Zekrom, who are even easier to catch (yes, that's possible).

Zenax

Keep moving forward
Reaction score

I voted for the Pokéball, because I don't like the design of the others, especially the Ultra Ball.

Shuckle

Link animated Avatar FTW!
Reaction score

Ultra Balls, for the higher catch rate. Poké Balls can't hold a candle to them in terms of reliability.

Don't forget Reshiram and Zekrom, who are even easier to catch (yes, that's possible).

Yeah your right.

IceWolf762

Yay May!
Reaction score

Since capturing Kyurem with a Pokéball on the 1st throw (non-critical capture), I have a new found respect for the humble Pokéball!

Camille

Call of Fate
Reaction score
None of them appeal to me all that much, but Ultra Ball looks slightly better, so I'll vote for it.

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.