• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Poké Balls vs Great Balls vs Ultra Balls

juan8913

I want shiny zekrm
Reaction score
So which one do you prefer?
Me personally i uuse poke balls?

I jus want to know how many people use which one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Poke balls vs great balls vs ultra balls

I like Poké Balls the most. Sure, they aren't as potent as the other two, but I feel like I accomplished more if I catch a Pokemon in one, as apposed to a stronger ball.

Ultra Balls. Who cares if your Mewtwo is in a Pokeball? Mine is in a Masterball and just as good, with much less effort on my part.

Whatever I feel like using at the time. Throughout the game, I tend to use whatever I have the most of first, while once I can afford plenty of Ultra Balls I use those to capture whatever I want. Those that find their way onto permanent teams get captured in whatever ball I think matches their design the best. Overall, I still think the Great Ball looks best, though.

Well, I voted Poke Balls, but I usually use Ultra Balls - it's just that I try and use up all of an 'inferior' ball before starting to use a higher grade.

Even though I captured many of my legendaries and most of my shinies with Ultra Balls, I voted Great Ball because I like it's design, and with it, I caught my first legendary, Raikou.

I vote for Ultra Balls because I like it's design. And it's better.

I mostly use Ultra Ball but I like the simplicity of the pokeball.

It really comes down to how much patience I have at the moment of capturing a certain Pokémon. Personally, I like to use Poké Balls.

Poke ball. It's very easy to catch Dialga/Palkia with a pokeball. (The only legendaries that are easy to catch)

Re: Pokeballs vs greatballs vs ultraballs

i went ultra ball, they have a way better catch rate and look kinda cool to

My favorite is the Great Ball, because it has a sleek design, as well as an interesting multiplication effect.

I always buy Pokeballs in quantities of 10; then, I sell back the pokeballs. I may start a thing where I only use Premier Balls for capture. That'd be expensive though, and it'd only be for show. (It'd essentially 1000 for each ball.)

Ultra Balls, for the higher catch rate. Poké Balls can't hold a candle to them in terms of reliability.

Poke ball. It's very easy to catch Dialga/Palkia with a pokeball. (The only legendaries that are easy to catch)

Don't forget Reshiram and Zekrom, who are even easier to catch (yes, that's possible).

I voted for the Pokéball, because I don't like the design of the others, especially the Ultra Ball.

Ultra Balls, for the higher catch rate. Poké Balls can't hold a candle to them in terms of reliability.

Don't forget Reshiram and Zekrom, who are even easier to catch (yes, that's possible).

Yeah your right.

Since capturing Kyurem with a Pokéball on the 1st throw (non-critical capture), I have a new found respect for the humble Pokéball!

None of them appeal to me all that much, but Ultra Ball looks slightly better, so I'll vote for it.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom