• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Poke Dolls- a method I created to watch the anime with dolls!

How many dolls do you have?

• 2-5

• 6-10

• 11-20

• 21+

Results are only viewable after voting.

GalarChamp_Cinderace

Champion of the Galar Region!
Reaction score
This is a system I created, as a new way to watch the anime with dolls.
Rules:
Bonding period refers to a length of time (usually 2 days, but can be larger or smaller, up to a total of 5 days) when a doll is, in essence, ‘locked’ into being matched to one character after said character has caught, received, evolved, ‘Nebbied’, or otherwise obtained a new Pokémon. However, there are three main exceptions:

1. Any doll playing Gou is unable to be placed in bonding period after obtaining a Pokémon that is not Legendary, Mythical, or an Ultra Beast (however, they can still enter upon evolution).

2. A maximum of four dolls can be in bonding period at any one time

During a bonding period on an anime night, characters who are normally matched to a bonding doll are instead played by another doll who has been trained for the character (for Serena, use the match of the other Forme if only one Forme’s match is bonding). Trainings are listed on the match screen.

“Nebbied’ refers to a Pokémon that has not been formally caught, but has decided to travel with the main cast. It was named after Nebby from Sun & Moon as it was the first Pokémon I ever saw to do so. Other examples include Squishy the Zygarde and Team Rocket’s Meowth, Stufful, and Bewear.

Upon entering and exiting a bonding period, ceremonies must be conducted (with at least one other doll watching, and using a plushie or card of the Pokémon if you have it) in which various questions are asked to ensure that both Trainer and Pokémon are ready for each other. Questions are listed on next page.
When a Pokémon is Received
1. X, do you promise to train Y to be its best?

2. Y, do you promise to battle for X ?

3. X, do you promise to protect Y from harm?

4. Y, do you promise to protect X, no matter the cost?

5. X, do you promise to win battles/performances etc. with Y?

6. Y, do you promise to battle/perform to the best of your ability?

7. X and Y, do you promise to be partners forever (or at least until the end of (show name))?

8. X and Y, do you promise to love each other no matter what?

When a Pokémon Evolves

1. X, do you promise to help Z get the best out of its new form?

2. Z, do you promise to stay strong despite these changes?

3. X, do you promise to continue to battle/perform with Z?

4. Z, do you promise to continue to battle/perform the best you can?

5. X and Z, do you promise to be partners forever (or at least until the end of (show name))?

6. X and Z, do you promise to love each other no matter what?

Each doll must have between one and three matches, and training on at least one other character. Training without a match is in case a doll who is normally matched with the character is unable to attend and another doll must take her place. Situations where this is necessary include:

1. The normal match is on bonding period as another match.

2. The normal match is sick.

3. The normal match is on vacation.

4. The normal match is currently on as another match.

And so on. Matches are chosen simply by how close their looks and personality are to the character in question.

If a doll is, for any reason, unhappy with her match, she MUST report to the authorities (you) and inform you of this. You will then give the match to another eligible doll. But if the unhappy doll(s) is/are the only eligible doll(s), a call will be made to a website selling dolls to locate an eligible doll who is happy with the match.

Upon a visit to another region in Journeys, matches for characters from the region are normally (but not always) brought onto the show. They mostly end up unused in the episode, or as one of the random Trainers in the World Championships, but sometimes it worked out perfectly. Ever since then, we have been bringing on Trainers from that region’s show in Journeys.
Q: A Nebbied Pokémon just evolved! What do I do?

A: Simple! Just apply a standard bonding period.

Q: Should I dress my doll as the character they are matched to?

A: If you want to. It’s not required and I have no opinion.

Q: Does a Pokémon's type have any effect on bonding periods?

A: The Pokémon's type has no effect.

Q: Can my doll be matched to both of Serena’s Formes?

A: Yes!

Q: Do bonding periods affect which Forme Serena can be in?

A: No, Forme does not matter.

Q: Can Gou be put in bonding period when his Pokémon evolves?

A: Yes. As explained on page 7, section 2, the doll can still enter upon evolution.

Q: How do I choose which characters my doll should be matched to?

A: To quote page 10, section 1,”Matches are chosen simply by how close their looks and personality are to the character in question.”

Q: I watch some shows in Japanese and some in English. Does this have any implications?

A: No! Feel free to watch in whichever language(s) you prefer!

Q: Why does Serena have two Formes?

A: In episode 60 of Pokémon XY, Serena cut her hair and changed her outfit, and we of the Poké Doll community refer to her designs before and after this transition as “Formes.”

Q: What does it mean to shift a bonding period?

A: Shifting bonding periods means to apply it to a trainer other than the one who obtained the Pokémon originally. This may only happen if a trainer gives a Pokémon to someone who is too young to be an official trainer.

Q: What happens when Pokémon are released?

A: Nothing.

Q: What if a Pokémon evolves in the same episode as it is caught?

A: Just a two-day bonding period.
The rules are very long, but it's worth it!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom