• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

"Poke Jobs" Discussion/Speculation

prog rocker

Reaction score
Hopefully, this will help us get rare items, like evolution items.

Kinda funny that Sun and Moon has all your boxed pokemon sent on vacation, while here now that gotta work
Not exactly, there were those mines.

Esserise

Her Wraith
Reaction score
I really like the idea that certain Pokémon will be better at certain jobs, like maybe Machoke is better for construction work while Eldegoss is better for farming. Helps make them all feel a little more real - we've always seen examples of Pokémon helping out with certain jobs/tasks in past games and now it's a part of the gameplay, and seemingly a little more complex than Pelago.

Also, while not related to Poké Jobs, in hindsight I can't believe how obvious the idea of combining the Loto-ID with the PC should have been.

Sakuraa

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
It's interesting and I like the idea of putting your box Pokemon to work while you're off on your adventure :LOL:

Reaction score
it reminds me of the Merc stuff from XC2. hopefully it won't take the place of stuff like in-game quests though.

Kallyle

Nepgear is cute.
Reaction score
Reminds me of scouting and similar features you see in other JRPGs. It's nice to see Game Freak take pages from from other games. I just hope we get in-game activities as well.

Leaf_Ranger

Reaction score
I find the name unoriginal...why can't we be the ones getting a job and request help from Pkmn!? Seriously, bring team Plasma back, namely N.
If I were to buy one of the games, I'm seeing this as a new feature that I'd skip entirely just like Musicals (by Arceus, how I still hate the whole concept of it!)

Minya_Nouvelle

Reaction score
As a replacement for the Pelago, I guess it will do. I would like to see more of it, though.

The website says, "They’ll receive rewards like Exp. Points or base points"

Am I forgetting something or is this potentially something new; hopefully hinting towards a new base building mechanic?

Silktree

Unown Seer
Reaction score
Amie is about increased luck. This is akin to a day care with EV benefits (base points), or just Poke Pelago. But yes, your Pokemon will be overpowered if you use this feature a lot.

ItalianBaptist

Informed Casual
Reaction score
As a replacement for the Pelago, I guess it will do. I would like to see more of it, though.

The website says, "They’ll receive rewards like Exp. Points or base points"

Am I forgetting something or is this potentially something new; hopefully hinting towards a new base building mechanic?
I think they’ve used “base points/stats” as their own term for EVs before, possibly in the descriptions of the vitamins?

If this is the new equivalent of Isle Evelup I actually think it’s pretty cool. It’s a bit more immersive than “play on a jungle gym and drink this protein shake to become ready for competitive”.

Nicolas721

Reaction score
I don't like that this is more of a passive activity and a daily check opposed to an actual minigame, but I like everything else. The connections with the companies are great, and if what they say that jobs change every day it will be quite fun. Also, I love that cutscene of you congratulating your team! (But at the same time it makes me sad that I'll never see that scene with all my favorites :cry:)

nickdt

Reaction score
The thing i want too know if its passive jobs (The same ones every time) or that we get a dynamic system. If its passive, then the mechanic is gonna get boring really fast.

swiftgallade46

Now with Mega Evolution
Reaction score
What I would like is for it to be mix of passive and active gameplay. Like if I’m actually engaging and playing these mini games with my Pokémon while they work, it’ll go faster and increase my odds for rare items or bonuses, but I don’t HAVE to do this in order for them to complete a job. I just don’t have time to be playing the mini games (or whatever the alternative is) every day so I’d appreciate the passive option.