• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh "Poke Jobs" Discussion/Speculation

I really like the idea that certain Pokémon will be better at certain jobs, like maybe Machoke is better for construction work while Eldegoss is better for farming. Helps make them all feel a little more real - we've always seen examples of Pokémon helping out with certain jobs/tasks in past games and now it's a part of the gameplay, and seemingly a little more complex than Pelago.

Also, while not related to Poké Jobs, in hindsight I can't believe how obvious the idea of combining the Loto-ID with the PC should have been.

Reminds me of scouting and similar features you see in other JRPGs. It's nice to see Game Freak take pages from from other games. I just hope we get in-game activities as well.

I find the name unoriginal...why can't we be the ones getting a job and request help from Pkmn!? Seriously, bring team Plasma back, namely N.
If I were to buy one of the games, I'm seeing this as a new feature that I'd skip entirely just like Musicals (by Arceus, how I still hate the whole concept of it!)

Amie is about increased luck. This is akin to a day care with EV benefits (base points), or just Poke Pelago. But yes, your Pokemon will be overpowered if you use this feature a lot.

After chucking your pokemon into balls and locking them in a PC, you can now make them work to earn a roof to sleep under. They really went all out on the early industrial revolution theme

Ash's Galar outfit revealed!?

As a replacement for the Pelago, I guess it will do. I would like to see more of it, though.

The website says, "They’ll receive rewards like Exp. Points or base points"

Am I forgetting something or is this potentially something new; hopefully hinting towards a new base building mechanic?
I think they’ve used “base points/stats” as their own term for EVs before, possibly in the descriptions of the vitamins?

If this is the new equivalent of Isle Evelup I actually think it’s pretty cool. It’s a bit more immersive than “play on a jungle gym and drink this protein shake to become ready for competitive”.

I don't like that this is more of a passive activity and a daily check opposed to an actual minigame, but I like everything else. The connections with the companies are great, and if what they say that jobs change every day it will be quite fun. Also, I love that cutscene of you congratulating your team! (But at the same time it makes me sad that I'll never see that scene with all my favorites :cry:)

What I would like is for it to be mix of passive and active gameplay. Like if I’m actually engaging and playing these mini games with my Pokémon while they work, it’ll go faster and increase my odds for rare items or bonuses, but I don’t HAVE to do this in order for them to complete a job. I just don’t have time to be playing the mini games (or whatever the alternative is) every day so I’d appreciate the passive option.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom