• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Poke Transporter (Transfering Pokemon From Previous Gens)

sgntgroundhog

Reaction score
It just occurred to m this morning, but, how will we transfer our old pokemon to gneration 6?

Im hoping that w can do it from any DS gen, because I stopped playing at Platinum, and never bought a gen 5 game, will I need to transfer my guys over to a friends gen 5, or will I just be able to trade it over from my gen 4games.

DISCUSS!!!!

Re: Transfering Pokemon Over From Other Gens

App. Download from the eShop or install from XY. Transfer your Pokémon from BW/B2W2 to the app, then transfer them over to X or Y. Can also be used as an external set of boxes in place of the ones in-game.

Basically, another Poke Shifter that is broadcast/downloaded from the 3DS to another DS.

Personally I don't see it also being offered in the eShop as prior to the 3DS, only the DSi has eShop capability; you need something for all the DS Lites (and any DS Fats) still out there.

They didnt do a gen 3 to gen 5 so I wouldnt expect a gen 4 to 6 tbh. I think they'd feel a proper fan would have a latest Gen game.

App. Download from the eShop or install from XY. Transfer your Pokémon from BW/B2W2 to the app, then transfer them over to X or Y. Can also be used as an external set of boxes in place of the ones in-game.
As i mentioned before. I have no Gen 5 games. SO i can't do that.

They didnt do a gen 3 to gen 5 so I wouldnt expect a gen 4 to 6 tbh. I think they'd feel a proper fan would have a latest Gen game.

Why would they have to? You could already do 3rd-> 4th-> 5th.

I just don't want to have to borrow games to transfer

I'd also like to be able to transfer from any DS game to XY, not because I don't own any gen 5 games (I have two) but because I'm lazy. :p

You've never been able to transfer and skip a generation before, though gen V is the only time that would have been possible, so I think you're gonna be out of luck. It's a pain in the ass to have to transfer things as much as three times, but it's the far and away most likely case.

An app to transfer boxes instead of 6 pokemon at a time would be phenomenal, because I ended up in Gen V just not transfering many pokemon from IV just because it was such a pain in the ass.

Then again, I'm in the boat where I don't want transfers to be possible at all, and for VI to start new, though I know that won't happen.

You've never been able to transfer and skip a generation before, though gen V is the only time that would have been possible, so I think you're gonna be out of luck. It's a pain in the ass to have to transfer things as much as three times, but it's the far and away most likely case.

An app to transfer boxes instead of 6 pokemon at a time would be phenomenal, because I ended up in Gen V just not transfering many pokemon from IV just because it was such a pain in the ass.

Then again, I'm in the boat where I don't want transfers to be possible at all, and for VI to start new, though I know that won't happen.

I agree i kind of want it to be a fresh start on pokemon on the 3DS as cause to me X/Y kinda reminds me of Blue and Red when they first came out on the gameboy so it would be cool to start a new and not transfer... buuuuut at the same time i don't think they would do that as they would probably allow transfers to VI but no transfering back kinda like with gen IV to V so once its traded its traded and cant be traded back... but we'll see once more info comes out... already got Y reserved ^_^

I really wish there was a way you could just download some information for all your ds pokemon games to your 3ds and then just have x and y read that and have your pokemon that way. Ive got heartgold and black 2, and I'm going to probably have to buy a ds to transfer them over to black 2, I don't know how the heck I'm going to get it from bw2 to xy. Here's a question, Can the ds trade pokemon to the 3ds? Like I can put bw2 in ds and xy in 3ds and trade?

I'd be so pissed off if you need to have two 3DS's to transfer them, seriously...

I'd be so pissed off if you need to have two 3DS's to transfer them, seriously...

As would I, but it's probably more likely than being able to use one 3DS and one DS. Though one 3DS alone might be possible...

So i think it'll be possible with a ds and a 3ds just because i was able to transfer some pokemon from Black 2 over to Black since i had black in my 3ds and black 2 in a dsi so it should work so i dont see why not... Unless they make an app for the 3DS that can hold and transfer pokemon from previous generation which i can kinda see game freak doing and i could also see them using dream radar for it as well.. but hopefully we will know more when it comes closer to release

As far as I know, the 3DS is backwards compatible. So an App would actually be nice- Send any Pokemon to the app from Gen IV and Gen V, and then send those Pokemon to X & Y.

Heck, the app might even be used as a ranch-like storage system, might work.

And if all else fails, they WILL have transfer capabilities from the fifth generation games, for sure. So we could always go through the tedious process of Gen III > Gen IV > Gen V > Gen VI.

With the new fairy types being added, I think it's going to be rather difficult to transfer over pokemon from previous gens.

There weren't any issues trading Magnemite/ton betwen gens I and II. Shouldn't make any difference. Just means you won't be able to battle between the two gens, which everyone should have assumed from the start.

According to the tweets:
At the moment, there are no plans for DLC but the option is being looked into. Backwards compatibility is also being worked on.
With only five months until release it seems likely the transfer app will be an eShop title rather than being bundled into the game cart like G5 did.

I'd love to see an App. And hopefully that will be the end of transferring only 6 at a time. I have 500 pokemon for crying out loud that would need to transfer! Maybe transfer up to 30 at a time at least

And also, if they do make an app, I really hope they don't force a mini game on you. If they want to do one, please make it optional.

In last night's round-table, Junichi Masuda said that backwards compatibility is being looked at, but is hard to due to the fact that DS games and 3DS games cannot directly communicate. So in that case, I imagine that the solution will be something similar to how Pokémon Dream Radar was handled. GameFreak could release a free app on the 3DS eShop that allows you to access your copy of a Generation V game and place Pokémon in a temporary box. Then, you'll be able to move the Pokémon to your 3DS game using the app.

However, it is most likely that you will need a Generation V game to do so. For example, GameFreak cut off Gen III communication with Gen V, despite being on the same platform as IV.

Back
Top Bottom