• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Poke Transporter (Transfering Pokemon From Previous Gens)

Re: Transfering Pokemon Over From Other Gens

Man I couldn't live A DAY without my beloved Frizza on my game cartridge. But I am certain they'll figure something out.

Basically, another Poke Shifter that is broadcast/downloaded from the 3DS to another DS.

Personally I don't see it also being offered in the eShop as prior to the 3DS, only the DSi has eShop capability; you need something for all the DS Lites (and any DS Fats) still out there.

Not excluding, could be an app able to connect with another consoles. Via Download Play or similar.

Another option, something that reads directly from an inserted cartridge. The same way Dream Radar interacts with DS cartridges inserted. Simply, you transfer, save into the 3DS storage, and then change cartridge to X/Y and retrieve the transferred poke.

Either way, the only thing I hope, is the capability of transferring both Pokémon AND items. And direct compatibility with Gen IV games too.

I really hope that's how it's handled. If we have another Gen III scenario, it doesn't matter how great X and Y are, PEOPLE WILL GET PISSED. It could very well affect some people's decision as to whether or not they pick up the games. No, I'm not saying it would destroy all sales but it would lead to some very bad feelings down the road. I can still remember the massive amounts of complaints I read online about not being able to transfer from Gen II to Gen III. I really don't want to deal with that sort of thing ever again.

Forgetting the type issues for a moment, if I find that I can't transfer over my Black2 Team to XY, I am going to unleash my rage ;_; The save file is still alive, and I'm pretty attached to my team - I want to keep them with me ;_;

I really hope that's how it's handled. If we have another Gen III scenario, it doesn't matter how great X and Y are, PEOPLE WILL GET PISSED. It could very well affect some people's decision as to whether or not they pick up the games. No, I'm not saying it would destroy all sales but it would lead to some very bad feelings down the road. I can still remember the massive amounts of complaints I read online about not being able to transfer from Gen II to Gen III. I really don't want to deal with that sort of thing ever again.

Forgetting the type issues for a moment, if I find that I can't transfer over my Black2 Team to XY, I am going to unleash my rage ;_; The save file is still alive, and I'm pretty attached to my team - I want to keep them with me ;_;

I feel the same way with my Diamond Team, I have people from back in the Ruby/Saphire days on that team, and I hope that when I beat my borrowed black I can transfer them over. I spent my childhood with that team and I intend to keep them with me.

All I hope is that they don't include a ridiculous mini-game to go along with the transfer, as to somehow make it more "realistic" in that we actually catch them or something.

I just want to transfer my Pokemon without any time consuming, time limited and/or frustrating middle part. Why can't this feature be simple, for once? I really do not want to go through several plays of Poke Transfer again.

They should make the app (If they do it) a hybrid of the Pokemon box and the transfer system. See, I have 1 system but plan on getting both games, and replaying them often. But I really don't want to lose my hard earned teams, soooooo...If I could just keep them in the box between games, that'd be super. Also, hopefully they don't pull the Pokemon Ranch mistake of forcing you to withdraw from the same save file as what you put in.

Last edited:

I'm wondered about one thing. The fact tyhat Game Freak said that the system is still working on 4 months before a worldwide release and apparetly with the game wt such advanced stage. When they talk abot any villain team, any sidequest or how number of pokeon have the pokedex they'll see that you don't now everything about them. But tis statement is a bit different.

Clearly, Gamefreak/TPC/Nintendo don't want to announce a incompatibility of XY and it will try to do as much as ossible to give compatibility to the games. And there are something very very suspicious about it:

-The new Mewtwo forme. It was revealed but we don't know the name of the form, how Mewtwo in the games transforms into his new formeven when we have a Mewtwo event in Jaan to promote the movie. But with ismorenoutstanding is that the new Mewtwo forme has zero merchandise for he upcoming movieveven though the forme was revealed three months before the movie. Also, there's the rumor that says that there two Mewtwo that appears to be false even although is from the first batch who part of the rest of content is true.

And the merchandise thing is important because Sylveon is everywhere for the movie and many marketing wedbsite are programming plushies, 3DS accessories and more with the XY starters and legendaries for October.

Th reason why we know that the new forme exist is because when GF noticed the incompatibility it was to late to change the movie. And because if they want to evade they have to chabge the movie, there's no time for a edit like that and he moviecan be cancelled or moved because there are vtoo m uch money to get.

I think that an app will be the solution.

But I 'm not very sure that thegames will be compatible. And even that, I'm not sure that there will be compatible on October 12th .

Last edited:

Probably the same way we can transfer from Gen 2 to Gen 3... or the way that we can not transfer from Gen 2 to Gen 3. Different formats. I really missed my level 100 Typlosion back then.

But gen 2 -> 3 wasn't just about the hardware, though, The entire Pokemon data structure got massively reorganized.

PS: Just realized that Pokemon X and Y are already listed in the eShop as "Retail/Download" .

If you need a second DS/3DS system to use it (like the current G4->G5 Poke Shifter), then the transfer tool being a Download Play app broadcast to the other system is always a possibility regardless of which version you get, however if you'll be able to transfer Pokemon using only one system, then the download version can potentially read them straight off a G5 game card while the brick-and-mortar version must have a separate app (with its own storage/save data) as an intermediate step.

Either way, the only thing I hope, is the capability of transferring both Pokémon AND items. And direct compatibility with Gen IV games too.

This x 1,000,000. One of the worst things about gen v was finding out I couldn't transfer items from gen iv, especially since I had so painstakingly collected every berry, stocked up on evolutionary items, and farmed heart scales, shards, etc...

I already picked out my best pokemons who will join me on my new journey and if I can't transfer them over, I will be really upset

So long as you don't need another 3DS, it'll work out fine XD

But Pokemon Dream Radar shows that they can add Pokemon to B2/W2 so I think they could easily make an app to extract and move to X and Y.

I just want to be able to send them back and forth like in gen 1-2.

But you couldn't trade Pokémon from Gen. 2 to Gen. 1, only vice versa.

But you couldn't trade Pokémon from Gen. 2 to Gen. 1, only vice versa.

Well, you could trade back and forth between the first two gens, but the Pokémon going back to gen I had to have been in the game from the beginning, know moves that it could learn in gen I, and not hold any items. That was gen II's transfer system. In fact, in order to even use the time capsule (the means to do this trading), your entire team at the moment you go to use it must meet the criteria for trading, or it's no go.

Correct, because (since it couldn't transmit software code until the GBA/DS) it had to use Gen 1 -compatible trading protocols, which involved selecting one Pokemon from your current (up to six) team. A practice which remained the same pretty much all the way through G4, until G5 introduced Negotiations trading.

Last edited:

What even their planning do for Gen VI i hope it's only compatible with the Gen V games, that should punish the Black and White haters :devil:

What even their planning do for Gen VI i hope it's only compatible with the Gen V games, that should punish the Black and White haters :devil:

That is the likely outcome. That's how it's always been done, and it's a good way to encourage fans to not skip any generation in order to continue trading their Pokemon to the newest games.

Have there been any new updates about this issue?

Back
Top Bottom