• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

PokeAni Missed Opportunities

This, too, shall pass...
Reaction score
Hmm this thread might have a lot more use once again now that we are apparently reliving the Battle Frontier saga again, but with all 7 previous regions this time :p

"Why didn't they reference Ash's Bulbasaur in Episode 3..."
.etc .etc ad infinitum
Honestly, even if the only continuity element we get is the reserves being used like the Battle Frontier I'd still consider that a win at this point.

Reaction score
Remember when Zekrom was relevant to BW after the first couple eps?

Yeah, me neither...
At least the whole thing with Tapu-Koko in Sun & Moon went somewhere. Poor Zekrom could only cough up one episode (the first one) before being kicked into the clouds of obscurity.

Last edited:
Lovely
Reaction score
This probably has been brought up multiple times, but anyway:
Not letting Ash win the league at the Sinnoh league or the Kalos league.
Not replacing Ash after Sinnoh or Kalos.

The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
Speaking of, I wonder why they didn't have it take place in the Sevii Islands. It was a new feature in FRLG yet never touched in the main Anime.
Technically, it was touched in a Pokémon Chronicles episode. But it was still pretty minor.

EDIT: Stupid post fusion...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Honestly, even if the only continuity element we get is the reserves being used like the Battle Frontier I'd still consider that a win at this point.
Battle Frontier got Misty, Phanpy, and the Kanto starters despite skimping on Kanto references. I'm not ready to say the past is dead based on skipping possible references.

On the glass half full side, we have Ash telling Go about the Alola League and his battles, IIRC Ash hasn't talked about his League placings onscreen since AG. Also contrast with Cilan's special episodes which acted like Ash never mentioned anything about his old friends to his new friends, which I never found believable.

I'm more worried about sparse Rocket appearances and the lack of a clear plot direction so far.

The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
Aside from Lana's Ride Lapras, which was pretty much forgotten pretty soon into the Sun & Moon series, Sophocles's Togedemaru is the only Pokémon owned by a main character in Sun & Moon whose capture conditions were not revealed. I think that's a big missed opportunity.

I personally want to think it was a gift from Molayne.

Reaction score
I still think it’s awesome ash got a mythical and still kept it.
It's awesome he got one but being handed it, right after he got handed two legendaries. It's almost like he's an infallible mythological hero at this point.