• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

PokeAni Missed Opportunities

Hmm this thread might have a lot more use once again now that we are apparently reliving the Battle Frontier saga again, but with all 7 previous regions this time :p

"Why didn't they reference Ash's Bulbasaur in Episode 3..."
.etc .etc ad infinitum
Honestly, even if the only continuity element we get is the reserves being used like the Battle Frontier I'd still consider that a win at this point.

Remember when Zekrom was relevant to BW after the first couple eps?

Yeah, me neither...
At least the whole thing with Tapu-Koko in Sun & Moon went somewhere. Poor Zekrom could only cough up one episode (the first one) before being kicked into the clouds of obscurity.

Last edited:
This probably has been brought up multiple times, but anyway:
Not letting Ash win the league at the Sinnoh league or the Kalos league.
Not replacing Ash after Sinnoh or Kalos.

Honestly, even if the only continuity element we get is the reserves being used like the Battle Frontier I'd still consider that a win at this point.

Battle Frontier got Misty, Phanpy, and the Kanto starters despite skimping on Kanto references. I'm not ready to say the past is dead based on skipping possible references.

On the glass half full side, we have Ash telling Go about the Alola League and his battles, IIRC Ash hasn't talked about his League placings onscreen since AG. Also contrast with Cilan's special episodes which acted like Ash never mentioned anything about his old friends to his new friends, which I never found believable.

I'm more worried about sparse Rocket appearances and the lack of a clear plot direction so far.

Aside from Lana's Ride Lapras, which was pretty much forgotten pretty soon into the Sun & Moon series, Sophocles's Togedemaru is the only Pokémon owned by a main character in Sun & Moon whose capture conditions were not revealed. I think that's a big missed opportunity.

I personally want to think it was a gift from Molayne.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom