• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

PokeAni Missed Opportunities

So I just finished episode 8 and I think it started well until episode 5 though Pikachu being raised by Kangaskhan came from no where. It’s still enjoyable but kind of disappointing how it’s almost like the past had been erased. I feel like Go’s character development got kind of lost once he started the catching spree, which wasn't even linked to the bug catching contest. They could have kept his interest in catching but he just seems like he’s obsessed with consumerism now. It's an inevitable consequence of being tied to Pokemon Go I guess, but its kind of hard squaring it with his supposed seriousness and how he thinks he’s better. Also, I think it’s kind of sad how we don’t get to see him developing any bond with his pokemon aside from scorbunny.

Well I'm still at Episode 5 so the catching spree hasn't started yet ahaha. As for the rest of your comment, this anime is sadly meant to promote GO whose main premise is the catching of Pokemon.

Well you could not say that in a better day:

Ladies and Gentleman:

JESSIE AND JAMES ARE IN POKEMON GO!!!!

jessie james.PNG

I assume that it's from players data mining the most recent update for Pokemon Go. It hasn't been mentioned on Serebii yet, so they haven't been officially announced for Pokemon Go yet. I don't know how well their designs will work in Pokemon Go considering how Giovanni looks.

They will probably be ugly as a Garbodor but I'm happy for them, of course im not going to play Pokemon Go since for me is not a good game that and is only a waste of 4G. I walk 3km each day and I don't want to be looking at the phone all the time.

I recollect that Ash appeared in Pokemon Go but it was not an NPC it was a April Fools Joke in which he photobombs photos.

So we can say that Jessie and James are Pokemon Go main villains alongside Giovanni and the Team Go Rocket admins.

Also about Team Rocket Trio they have appeared in two Pokemon games in two years Let's Go and Go. Top this Ash.

PD: I love Ash design in Pokemon Go is the perfect mesh between OG Ash and SM Ash.

Captura.PNG

I may have said this before here, but I'll say it now nevertheless. I think it's a wasted opportunity that no Pokémon League in the anime outside of Kanto has had any alternate methods of qualification besides collecting Badges (excluding Alola, which didn't have requirements at all). The Indigo League also allowed entrance through Pokémon Tech and the Pokémon League Admissions Exam, both of which provide some nice worldbuilding and explain how those who, for one reason or another, are unable to go on a quest to collect Badges, but still want to participate in the Pokémon League. But no other region after Kanto has done anything like this, which is a shame in my opinion.

That’s my fear especially with how badly they handled Hau despite him having been the player’s main rival.
Yeah, this is what I meant. I kinda feel that they forgot that Hau existed at first, not helped by the fact that the SM looks like they were picked because they were the first characters developed.

Pokémon Contest Spectaculars not being utilized during the Kalos saga was a hugely missed opportunity, in my opinion. It would have been a wonderful way to advertise the ORAS games (along with the implementation of Sawyer) as well as giving Serena something with more substance to do. Lisia could have been Serena's rival/friend/mentor rather than Aria (who, true to the game fashion, would be the one to get Serena into Contests by scouting her; perhaps through her PokeVision video), and we would have gotten to see Mega Altaria as a result; I also like the contrast between Lisia and Serena more than Aria basically being a fulfilled Serena that is perfect. There could have been cameos from Wallace, Dawn, and May as well (perhaps even another annual Wallace Cup), to make the arc even more substantial akin to how Dawn's Contest journey was a large improvement over May's. With XY's budget and animation, I am positive we would have gotten to see some unique Appeals and move combinations.

It also would have made a lot of sense thematically. Most of the elements in Showcases are present in Contest Spectaculars (the dressing up, Appeal Stage, atmosphere, etc.) and seeing as how Serena eventually decided to become a Coordinator anyway, you have to wonder why the Spectaculars were not used as a story device instead. I know XY40 came out about 3 months before ORAS did, but I am sure the writers could have gotten the inside scoop on how Contests would be orchestrated; if not, then they could have just done regular Contests instead. And yes-they could have kept the Battle Round from the anime-adapted Contests to add a layer of significance to Serena's goal; I for one would have liked to see her battle more. If not though, then at least Serena's goal was something players could still do themselves technically, rather than an anime-adapted, female-only watered-down "Pokémon Contest" appeal round with shoe-horned plot devices such as having girls herding random Rhyhorn.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom