• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokédex 3D app coming to 3DS: Free downloadable Pokédex app to be available at 3DS eS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokédex 3D app coming to 3DS: Free downloadable Pokédex app to be available at 3D

Wow, that's pretty exciting news, especially the fact that it's completely free. Hopefully they will expand it to all 649 in time.

Re: Pokédex 3D app coming to 3DS: Free downloadable Pokédex app to be available at 3D

It's Have An Excuse
1.You Don't Have A 3DS
2.You Got No Wifi For DS
3.You Don't Know The Password For The Internet
4.You got a R4 for 3DS and don't want to update

Well, the first one is fine, but for number 2 and 3, you can't find out about the app without the internet anyway, so those two are ruled out. And as far as I know, R4 cards are illegal, and you can't get R4 cards for the 3DS because the cards are illegal to sell, so number 4 is ruled out as well.

Why do I have a feeling that this is going to be subpar in quality compared to anything a fan would make?

And as far as I know, R4 cards are illegal, and you can't get R4 cards for the 3DS because the cards are illegal to sell, so number 4 is ruled out as well.

Do you seriously think people are going to care about the so-called "illegality" of such stuff?

Do you seriously think people are going to care about the so-called "illegality" of such stuff?

No, I merely said that they were illegal. I was just showing why 3 of TylerS's excuses wouldn't work. No need to get hyped up by it.

The cards' legality has been questioned many times, however, it is only actually illegal in the United Kingdom.

Anyway, too bad I don't have a 3DS yet. This app seems pretty nifty. I was hoping for a more main series game though

Reading the article I was going eh, especially since it's only Gen V and you only start with 16... Then I saw that it uses the AR feature.

DO WANT. Ever since I read that the 3DS has AR, I've been dying for seeing some use for it with Pokemon. Now it finally has it. Good thing I'm getting my 3DS very soon. :D

Edit: I just realized I can use this to make tiny Joltik appear everywhere... I WILL ABUSE THIS SO MUCH.

I want this so very much, I mean, Oshawott, in 3D, life-size, and it appears to be in my house or wherever I am at the time... :D.

Yeah, I want it. But, one big problem, I don't have a 3DS, ah well, I'll just get it whenever I've bought my 3DS, un-boxed it and set it up, whenever my family gets around to doing so.

But anyway, it'd be really cool if tall Pokemon got squashed under your roof whilst using the Giant AR Card. I've seen photos of it and it looks amazing.

That explains why TPCi have been taking down the Pokédex apps lately.

Awesome idea! I hope the launch time is the same in the West too. I love the bit about collecting entries via QR code and SpotPass; maybe Bulbapedia could update it's Unova Pokémon pages with the QR Codes for each one? =3 As for Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect; I imagine that once they are unveiled, their entries will be made available via SpotPass.

Also, being able to take photos using AR? Hell to the freakin yes! And what's more is...we only have to wait a week!

I wuv you TPC!

Last edited:

I'm. In. Love. And I have a 3DS, yay!

Do we know if the AR models will be animated or will they just be models without movement? It would be sad if they were just plain models...

I'm. In. Love. And I have a 3DS, yay!

Do we know if the AR models will be animated or will they just be models without movement? It would be sad if they were just plain models...
Well, if you look at the sceenshots on the NintendoLife website, there are models of Snivy shown from different angles, and it is in the exact same pose. Still awesome though.

Well, if you look at the sceenshots on the NintendoLife website, there are models of Snivy shown from different angles, and it is in the exact same pose. Still awesome though.

Like I said, AR models! Not the normal models :b

Well, the first one is fine, but for number 2 and 3, you can't find out about the app without the internet anyway, so those two are ruled out. And as far as I know, R4 cards are illegal, and you can't get R4 cards for the 3DS because the cards are illegal to sell, so number 4 is ruled out as well.

2.You Found Out By Computer Internet but you can't connect it to Your DSi(A WIFI SETTING or you have a USB Internet)
3.Somebody (Mum,Dad,Best Friend) set up a password and you don't know it
4.People Still Buy R4 Cards

pokedex-3d-hydreigon.jpg

BEAUTIFUL Hydreigon model I'm seeing there.

Like I said, AR models! Not the normal models :b
The AR models will most likely be the normal models.

1.jpg

If you look underneath the "Height" part of the Pokédex, there are two buttons. The larger one is clearly to generate a QR Code of the Pokémon, whereas the one next to it is most likely for Augmented Reality (hence why it looks like those things from the movies). Think of Nintendogs + Cats, which is a retail game (physical box, physical cartridge, not free) - the AR of the animals is the same model used in-game.

It's such a shame you can't suspend DS Software like you can with 3DS Software; especially as this is for a DS game - it would have been awesome if you could suspend BW to quickly check the Pokédex.

Wow! That sounds awesome!
...But I don't have a 3DS.

I don't have a 3DS (Also:Why can't they make it include your B/W dex if you have the game in while using it), but something about this intrests me.

They would NOT make 152/153 (if Victini is in) models (that may have some idle animation) for a free program. I think we can say the models were taken from a 3D gen 5 game.
I'm being a broken record, but the game that was for reveal had to be gray. I say had for 3 reasons:
- eShop was due for launch in early may. Have this revealed then, and then 2 weeks later the game with em. This would be considered a taster of what's to come.
-Said launch was backed up for this week. And lo n behold, so was the reveal. The two were always meant to be a joint reveal, just one gets delayed so does the other.
-Just realized it, the fact that its a Pokedex with full info conveniently means it has to be in conjunction with some form of Pokedex using game. Add the fact that online can simply updated it with all the other Pokemon and new movelists, and this can work out brilliantly.

Last edited:

I'm also guessing that this is The Pokémon Company's way of testing what the 3DS can do. After all, this is a mere Pokédex, yet it's utilising almost all of the 3DS' features (StreetPass, SpotPass, Augmented Reality - all that's missing is the gyroscope). I would not be at all surprised if the Gen VI Pokédex was like this; albeit a more scaled down version.

Sounds great, but there's a couple things I'm disappointed about:

1. It's only Gen. V. Come on, really?
2. You only start with 16 entries? Great. I'm sure many others will do what I plan to do and get a list of the QR codes and scan them all rather than bother with this SpotPass and trading nonsense. No one I know has a 3DS anyway.
3. Based on those screenshots, it doesn't show the Pokemon's base stats, just a rough estimation. It's great to know what moves a Pokemon can learn, sure, but that's not really of use to me if I don't have its base stats to indicate what moves I should choose.

So, in short, the app's only use will be to look at 3D models of Unova Pokemon. Since the 3DS Internet browser is being released in the same update, I can just use that to get the information I want from Bulbapedia. No sense wasting time using this for information since it doesn't really give you any.

Sounds great, but there's a couple things I'm disappointed about:

1. It's only Gen. V. Come on, really?
2. You only start with 16 entries? Great. I'm sure many others will do what I plan to do and get a list of the QR codes and scan them all rather than bother with this SpotPass and trading nonsense. No one I know has a 3DS anyway.
3. Based on those screenshots, it doesn't show the Pokemon's base stats, just a rough estimation. It's great to know what moves a Pokemon can learn, sure, but that's not really of use to me if I don't have its base stats to indicate what moves I should choose.

So, in short, the app's only use will be to look at 3D models of Unova Pokemon. Since the 3DS Internet browser is being released in the same update, I can just use that to get the information I want from Bulbapedia. No sense wasting time using this for information since it doesn't really give you any.

1) Well Nintendo and TPC obviously want to promote Black/White. Although, now we know that SpotPass is being utilised, it wouldn't surprise me if older Pokémon became available eventually.
2) It makes it more of a game in that you have to go through these means to obtain them all. Also, Bulbapedia woudl hopefully put up all the QR codes.
3) Well, at least they're more specific than the ones in some guides, in that it's a five point scale and not a four point scale.

Also, there's the AR mode for fun camera taking.

This is awesome. Now with giant AR cards we can project life sized Pokémon in the environment. Nintendo needs to make a set of fold out AR card mats of different sizes.

What I'm hoping for is that there will be an eventual pokedex app you have to pay for with ALL the Pokémon in it. This is completely and totally awesome.

Also, this is going to be the closest to an actual "in-universe" pokédex we'll ever get our hands on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom