• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokédex 3D app coming to 3DS: Free downloadable Pokédex app to be available at 3DS eS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokédex 3D app coming to 3DS: Free downloadable Pokédex app to be available at 3D

That's the only thing that's bugging me too, I'd like to see all generations, not just V, although as Joshawott says, they'll hopefully come in time.

I just hope the entries are detailed enough to be useful, because this could be really cool if they were.

Re: Pokédex 3D app coming to 3DS: Free downloadable Pokédex app to be available at 3D

I hope the AR Pokémon models are actually animated like the dragon in Archery and don't just stand there still like action figures.

Awesome! Can't wait for it!

Also, months ago I called StreetPass being able to exchange Pokédex info.

That's if the Pokedex we're getting is in relation to what we'll see in future games. Which would be stupid if not, but you get my point.

According to the article the Street Pass functionality is only speculation on their part, all that's confirmed is Spot Pass, which is frankly probably going to be a lot more useful and practical since not everyone lives in a big city or a campus where other 3DS users are likely to be randomly bumped into.

Aaaand this is why there was drama.

Hopefully it isn't watered down on the info side (which it might be), causing backlash from those people who liked the apps.

But at least it has 3d ar! Now someone can try to make the world's biggest Pokemon.

2.You Found Out By Computer Internet but you can't connect it to Your DSi(A WIFI SETTING or you have a USB Internet)
3.Somebody (Mum,Dad,Best Friend) set up a password and you don't know it
4.People Still Buy R4 Cards

If you can't connect a DS, DSi or 3DS to the internet in your home you can go to public wi-fi hotspot to download things like in generation IV I used the wi-fi connection in a library to download mystery gift events and Pokémon Ranger special missions because they are not compatible with WPA connections.

I'm guessing this is the "new game" that was reported just a while ago.

No, it's not. This is just an app, not an actual game.

Hyperion09 said:
Why do I have a feeling that this is going to be subpar in quality compared to anything a fan would make?

Could fans make 3D models for fans to see in their fan-made apps? D8 Or do you mean info-wise?

pokedex-3d-hydreigon.jpg

BEAUTIFUL Hydreigon model I'm seeing there.

Them models are so cute and amazing! @A@

This is only for Unova Pokemon, though? Shoot, there goes my idea of having a Darkrai randomly floating behind me... But a Zorua can be there instead! Augh, I need a 3DS pronto...!

This doesn't really look like it's worth running out and buying a 3DS for it alone, though I'll probably download it when I finally decide to get one.

Even though this is just a little freebie app, I never imagined we'd see Pokémon on the 3DS this soon. And to think, we never saw any Pokémon-related DSiWare throughout the entire lifetime of the DSi Shop Channel.

only the Unovan 156 mons?or all of them?

only the Unovan 156 mons?or all of them?
Only the 153 currently revealed Unova Pokémon (So excluding Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect). Although I'd expect more Pokémon to be added later via SpotPass.

Oh thanx,and i really expect to see le cutest thing (mew) on 3d ;P

even tho i dont mind Nintendo when they did the copyright infrengement thing with the app's but dont they relize there's more cell phones then there are 3DS's......a billion cell phones compared to 400,000 3DS's....major differents......they could atleast did (Nintendo)50-50(app maker guy) or (Nintendo)70-30(app maker guy) profits with the guy.....and with this, nintendo could make HUGE AMOUNTS of money because cell phones are MUCH more cheaper then the 3DS,thrus more people would get it the app.....instead of maybe 20,000 geting it for their 3DS..

even tho i dont mind Nintendo when they did the copyright infrengement thing with the app's but dont they relize there's more cell phones then there are 3DS's......a billion cell phones compared to 400,000 3DS's....major differents......they could atleast did (Nintendo)50-50(app maker guy) or (Nintendo)70-30(app maker guy) profits with the guy.....and with this, nintendo could make HUGE AMOUNTS of money because cell phones are MUCH more cheaper then the 3DS,thrus more people would get it the app.....instead of maybe 20,000 geting it for their 3DS..

The point is to use the app as an added incentive to buy the 3DS if you're a Pokémon fan, rather than get a free one for your cell phone. This app, after all is free, so there's no profit in distributing it, so it stands to reason that they are distributing it exclusively for the 3DS, while crushing non-3DS competition as incentive to buy the 3DS.

There's also no profit in splitting it 50/50 with app creators who give the app out for free as well. And while there are more cell phones than 3DS's, how many of those cell phones will hold the app? Only those that are compatible with that app (like the iPhone), and amongst those cell phones that can use that app how many are owned by Pokemon fans, and how many young children can convince their parents to buy them a smart phone?

Now, how many Pokemon fans currently own a DS? While not all of them, it would be a lot. Now how many of them have 3DS's? Fewer than Nintendo would like, but then how many would pick up a 3DS with the knowledge that there will be a Pokemon game on it eventually, and this app will just be incentive to get it sooner? The numbers there just jumped by a lot.

I doubt they're trying to get a whole new market here, they're trying to get their old market to jump ships from DS to 3DS.

So glad that this is free, and the AR is going to be cool.
It's about time wifi isn't the only thing I'm using my 3DS for.

This sure justifies the reson for lifting the pokédex applications, but I don't get why people are happy at all.

Obviously this is going to be extremely limited. Moreover having to unlock entries (it'll be extremely hard in the occident), just take a look at the screenshot. The base stats are given in bars; I believe the information will be limited to cries, dex entries and MAYBE location.

The only thing there that would interest me sometimes is the location, but everything I would search for in Bulbapedia or the retired apps - learnsets, precise base stats, ev yield, evolutions, etc. - is sure going to be missing, because they don't want us digging in the game (supposedly) hidden/secret data.

Being it that way, I don't even understand why they made this, maybe they had to do something to promote the (at the moment title-lacking) 3ds...

I doubt they're trying to get a whole new market here, they're trying to get their old market to jump ships from DS to 3DS.

...which is exactly what's happening here.

I now want a 3DS. Even though it's not gonna happen for a while...
But that's besides the point.

Now, about tha app itself, I like it (obviously). I'm already sold on the whole "360 degree camera movement," but the ability to take a 3DS picture with the PKMN model in it makes it a must-buy for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom