• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokédex 3D app coming to 3DS: Free downloadable Pokédex app to be available at 3DS eS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokédex 3D app coming to 3DS: Free downloadable Pokédex app to be available at 3D

Serebii just confirmed what I'd guessed earlier - while in AR, the Pokémon will be stationary. However, if you press A they initiate attacks. Similar to pressing A to changing poses in Mii/Star Pics.

Also, the AR bit is used to get 'stickers' of the Pokémon which makes them more likely to be downloaded via SpotPass.

Looking at Serebii's source, there is some cool information too. To quote GameXplain:
Heck, you can even tap on one of the Pokemon’s attacks to see a list of every other Pokemon that also has access to that move
The ability to search and sort the Pokemon by almost any means imaginable, whether it’s by type or weight.
And to make things even easier, you can add shortcuts to your 6-favorite Pokemon

Two downers though:
Inexplicably, the AR mode does not take advantage of the system’s 3D-depth capabilities.

Last edited:
Re: Pokédex 3D app coming to 3DS: Free downloadable Pokédex app to be available at 3D

Wait..So this means that I can finally have 3D Pokemon in my house.....

HOLY CRAP MY LIFE'S DREAM HAS COME TRUE! *buys 3DS*

If we eventually get prior gens, I cannot wait to see the lulz formed by giant AR cards and Wailord.

I really don't understand why people are calling this "useless".

First of all its free,
I can offer someone a free shoebox with a hole on the bottom, it doesn't make it useful
and its the one of the first pieces of software available for this system only months after launch
Yes, quite strange it took them months before putting stuff up for 3DS download.
, and compiling all this data for hundreds of characters is quite a time consuming process, and mind you this isn't just compiling and reorganizing data from other sites,
Compiling data is time consuming? Compiling and reorganizing data from other sites? Should we remind you that this is in fact, a Nintendo app, which means they most certainly have access to all this data in the first place, and would not be looking to other fan sites for it.
actually this is actually programming in features like Spot Pass and augmented reality, and building all these purpose built polygonal models from scratch.
Yes, that would be the only thing here requiring effort. Compilation of data is nothing when the data is already compiled.
Sure THIS dex only has the Unova Pokémon, but its clearly just the beginning, and with that in mind I'd say its quite ambitious. I'll be shocked if later editions of this software don't, possible pay-for versions, will have more and eventually ALL the Pokémon unlockable in it.

Yes, and its quite useless in that its coming out almost a year after the release of BW, which means people, even new gamers have been exposed to old Pokemon, so its actually pretty worthless. The fact that they make you jump through hoops for something that you can also use your 3DS browser to find is also kind of funny.

The models are certainly very neat, but the rest of the app kind of spells out "meh" to me. The design is lousy (overuse of gloss, eye-burning blue bars, bad choice of fonts), there's a dearth of information and I see pretty much no use for this application as a real Pokédex. Of course, StreetPass and AR still make this very interesting, but I'm disappointed about the fact that they really did nothing to live up to the "Pokédex" branding.

Edit: I forgot to mention the type indicators. If they're going to abbreviate them (I see no reason why they should, there's a lot of space), they could at least stick to the Gen III conventions.

If we eventually get prior gens, I cannot wait to see the lulz formed by giant AR cards and Wailord.
The game doesn't use AR cards. Instead, it uses "AR Markers" which will be distributed in the near future. Which screams "Milk me!".

The game doesn't use AR cards. Instead, it uses "AR Markers" which will be distributed in the near future. Which screams "Milk me!".
Eh still as the poster said, giant wailord's for maximum lulz will be awesome. No matter how milked this gets.

Yes, quite strange it took them months before putting stuff up for 3DS download.

I'm not going to argue your opinion since you seem intent on disliking Pokédex 3D when they easily could have simply done nothing at all, or charged money for it, but as far as the eShop itself goes, the reason it took two months past launch for it to come out is because Nintendo wants it to actually be GOOD this time and not a rushed, poorly executed mess like the DSi Shop.

Have a look at the screenshot mentioned here. Give/Get... is that from friends or from games? Also, looks that that favorites list is shown.

Have a look at the screenshot mentioned here. Give/Get... is that from friends or from games? Also, looks that that favorites list is shown.
Probably friends, since that's the main menu and we know friend exchanges is core functionality.

I tried it a few hours ago and the Pokedex app is really nice. It is basic, but the graphics are surprisingly good. The pokemon look better than or equal to PBR models, and the Scene that resembles the battle screen in Black and White makes me curious and wonder if that is the big feature of the 3rd game of Gen 5. If that is, then I believe we have a new appeal to the same level of pokemon animations in Crystal.

Best Part, Samurwott uses it's sword in the animation.

I tried it a few hours ago and the Pokedex app is really nice. It is basic, but the graphics are surprisingly good. The pokemon look better than or equal to PBR models, and the Scene that resembles the battle screen in Black and White makes me curious and wonder if that is the big feature of the 3rd game of Gen 5. If that is, then I believe we have a new appeal to the same level of pokemon animations in Crystal.

Best Part, Samurwott uses it's sword in the animation.
Which Pokemon did you start out with? I'm wondering if everyone starts out with the same sixteen Pokemon or if some of the Pokemon are random :)

EDIT: I had the three starter lines, Axew, Hydreigon, Audino, Minccino, Emolga, Foonguss, and Scraggy.

Although I have yet to receive my update (damn errors), it seems that at least, everyone starts with the starter lines.

EDIT: Everyone starts with the same: The starters, their evolutions, Scraggy, Foongus, Mincinno, Hydreigon, Audino, Axew and Emolga. Also, Egg Moves can only be seen on the lowest stage of evolution in that line (e.g. Oshawott lists its egg moves, but Dewott and Samurott don't).

Samurott's sword animation is pretty cool.

Also, guys, I can get the AR Marker to work by taking a photo of the game using my DSi.

Last edited:

I hve obtained Zekrom,Reshiram,Victini and the muskateer trio. Go check Serebii's Pokedex 3D thread for them.

I just downloaded the App to my 3DS over here in Korea. Looks awesome so far. Think that maybe the Pokedex 3D might get integrated into the third installment of Black/White?

>> Rocky505
Where's this thread at? I can't find it.

>> Edit
In the Pokedex 3D app, go to Hydreigon, scroll down the Pokedex entry and select Draco Meteor, from there, you'll see at least 10 silhouettes of Pokemon that can learn it. One of them, third from the left on the top. Looks like a scyther silhouette. It's apparently a Druddigon, but the app makes the black-all image look like a Scyther.

Last edited:

I scanned LOADS of different AR Markers for Pokémon. Wonder what I'm going to get via SpotPass tomorrow xD

EDIT: http://www.pokemonaus.com/?p=3585
Loads here.

Last edited:

SQUEEEALLLL! I want to see Whimsicott in all its glorious poofyness! Too bad I don't have a 3DS, I guess I'll just have to settle for hugging my pillows before then!

1. Set your 3DS date forward one day. I've found it also helps if you set the time to later in the day, I've got mine set for 10PM. May not be necessary.

2. Go to your main 3DS menu. Wait thirty seconds or so, enter Pokedex 3D.

3. CONGRATULATIONS. NEW POKEMON! Confirm, save to SD card.

4. Once you're viewing the new Pokemon, hit the Home button. Go straight back into the App.

5. In the top right it'll say new Pokemon. Tap it, you'll get another new Pokemon, save, and repeat step 4.

6. Once you've got your third Pokemon, start from step 1 again.
Saw this on GameFaqs...quick way to fill the Dex.

HOWEVER, it seems that you only get one of the Monkey Trio, form of the Deerling line, and form of the Frillish line and Unfezant...apparently you have to trade with other people to get them. :/

HOWEVER, it seems that you only get one of the Monkey Trio, form of the Deerling line, and form of the Frillish line and Unfezant...apparently you have to trade with other people to get them. :/
That sucks.

Also, I got Beartic, Crustle and Vanillite today =3

EDIT: Thanks for the tip. Just got Landorus, Ferrothorn, Scrafty, Fraxure, Eelektross and Zorua.

EDIT 2: When you collect 70 stickers, you're allowed to display 9 Pokémon in the AR viewer.

EDIT 3: Then at 100, you can use the 'slider' in the scale settings menu.

EDIT 4: 150 lets you use the SpotWatch button.

Last edited:

I have collected the musketeers, Victini, the two taos, and now I have Shelmet and Drilbur <3

Also, I decided to fill the dex the other way. Loses a lot of replay value if you get everything in one go imo. (not that it has much to start with, but still.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom