• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokédex 3D Pro/Pokédex iOS - Discussion and AR Viewer Picture Thread

Did you have Pokédex 3D before getting this application?

• Yes (...uh...can't think of any witty response XD)

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No, because I don't like the price or its size (it's over 3000 blocks for reference!)

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Pokédex 3D Pro? I never heard of Pokédex 3D...

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

TouyaShiro

[LIMITER] [DISC] [SAVE] [SYSTEM ERROR]
Reaction score
Latest updates: POKÉMON ZUKAN for iOS was announced recently for Japan! It went live on November 16th and it's ¥170 for the Unova Region Pokémon and main app, minus Meloetta and Genesect. The rest of the Pokédex can be obtained by packs for each set of Pokémon, and they cost ¥500 each - totalling ¥2170 for the complete package. It includes the features of the Pokédex portion of Pokédex 3D Pro as far as I have researched, and it also includes the respective AR Marker which works with Pokédex 3D Pro (presumably because the Japanese website for POKÉMON ZENKOZUKAN PRO doesn't have an AR Marker database like the international Pokédex 3D Pro website does). There's new displays and features shown on the website for various things like stat comparison, which are alternatives for the features such as stat comparison on the AR Viewer, and a lot of the displays are based on solid bars rather than segmented bars like Pokédex 3D Pro. If anyone would like to give me a hand to translate the information or play around with the app, please let me know!
One particular new feature is the ability to search via typing the name of the Pokémon, and it's through this where certain entries are unlocked. Unlocking Meloetta on this app is detailed below.

As for the information I have on Pokédex 3D Pro, I added a new update on one of the features.

Original message: So, upon the release of Pokédex 3D Pro, I've decided to start up a thread! Mods, feel free to move this to Pokémon Video Games if this isn't a good area to put it.
As the title suggests, we're talking about the application and sharing photos we have taken via the AR Viewer. The official website is here: Pokédex 3D Pro | Pokemon.com
Don't forget to go there - it contains AR Markers which you can print off, and they have a special password right now to unlock some hard quizzes for the Pokémon Challenge (almost doubling the amount of quizzes available).

Here's the features of the application in short:
  • Pokédex - allows you to view over 700 entries of Pokémon, including alternate Formes such as Unown and Arceus, and includes all the Pokémon introduced centring Pokémon Black 2 & White 2's release, such as Keldeo. The Pokédex entries for Meloetta and Genesect are locked by default (the latter of which we don't actually know if it exists at this time in the application).
  • Move Dex - View the encyclopedia of all Pokémon moves known so far, including Event-exclusive moves (V-Create, for example, has no Pokémon that learn this move by any means other than event, so it lists no Pokémon).
  • Pokémon Challenge - test how much you really know about the 649 Pokémon of the Pokédex. The the first five challenges are unlocked by default, while the last three quizzes house challenges that are set by passwords, allowing you to create your own and challenge your friends. In the Japanese version, this was the way to get Meloetta's Pokédex entries, so if we see a special password for the rest of the world to unlock this in the future, let us know here! As mentioned above, there's a Hard Mode quiz you can input to unlock more challenges if you thought that the defaults aren't hard enough. And trust me...they aren't kidding.
  • Records/Album - View your current records and keep track of your album entries for your Pokédex. This game keeps track of several elements, the goal of which is to try to get them to 100%. Does something happen when you finally reach that goal for all of them...? Meanwhile, the album is where you can view photos you've set to Pokédex entries, of which 5 can be saved at a time. You can also manage them and delete them here.
    Update: To answer my own question, that would be nothing. At the current time, I think. I've got all the stats to 100%, and nothing cool happens. No notifications, no unlocks. It's a shame, really, but it's understandable on the sense that you can find every AR Marker on the official website. I say that, if I would like them to update the app, that it should come with Shiny colourations!
  • AR Viewer - This feature allows you to use AR Markers to view Pokémon in the real world. You can take photos, and it acts similarly to the original Pokédex 3D. It has a few new elements, such as being able to rank the Pokémon currently on screen according to factors such as individual stats and characteristics such as weight. You can also fire off one of the 17 types to see how well the Pokémon defends against it via type advantages.
Passwords (NTSC/PAL Regions):

• UJFPJGAD - Once completed, it unlocks Hard Mode. These are special quizzes and extra spaces to insert quizzes. Source: Official Website (international)
    • My recommendation for you to try is K70. You'd better know your Unown Alphabet...
Passwords (Japan):

Interesting tidbit that I'll point out here: Most of the Pokédex entry animations for the older Pokémon are based on the ones from their 3D game appearances (for instance, I recognised Magnemite and Bulbasaur's animations immediately because I still own Pokémon Stadium), with some added effects such as a psychic power emanating from Lugia and both Mewtwo* and Lucario shooting off what is presumably an Aura Sphere. Whether or not this tells us something about how the Unova Pokémon will appear in a future 3D Pokémon game will be told in due time.
*Another thing I noticed is that, at least for Mewtwo, you can't interrupt his animation by hitting the Action button to restart it, unlike the other Pokédex animations.

Now, as some of you might know, I've been playing around with this for a few days now, and started playing with the AR Viewer yesterday. The results have been uploaded here:

HNI_0091.JPG
White Kyurem going RAAAAH at you. It would make a great display picture IMO XD

HNI_0093.JPG
If you remember the background transparency feature of the original Pokédex 3D, that is how I got this shot of Black Kyurem.

HNI_0094.JPG
This one's just an absolute paradox. XD

HNI_0095.JPG
This one...all I can say is: Cue the music! (...sorry in advance if I'm not supposed to post that here.)

HNI_0096.JPG
A Hydreigon picture I made for my friend. I'd run out of ideas by this point in the night.

Edit: Here's a few tips if you want to make your life easier while taking AR Viewer pictures. Bold is used to highlight certain points.
  • The gyroscope of the 3DS determines what view you'll be looking at when you detect the AR Markers of the Pokémon. This may sound weird, but it's actually quite important to have the 3DS fully opened if you're going to take pictures. You might discover this the hard way, like I did - when I aimed my 3DS at the screen, since it was resting on my 3DS Stand (thanks Kid Icarus: Uprising) and not upright, when it detected AR Markers it appeared as if I was looking at it from the top.
  • AR Markers can be rotated to alter the way the Pokémon is facing. You can do this both on a flat surface and on an upright surface, should you happen to find a convenient way to rotate it 360 degrees...if not that, then you can rotate the PDF documents of the AR Markers to turn the Pokémon around 90 degrees.
  • If you're going to take lifesize photos, you can follow instructions that are outlined in the manual. This involves creating an AR Marker which is 1 square metre (1m²) in dimensions, hitting Reset on the scale in the settings (so it's in the middle), and Scale Settings set to OFF.
  • ...oh, and a way late edit, but this is the most important thing when using the AR Viewer: Always keep the marker within the view of the camera! It can become frustrating to position photos, but you'll be able to make do with what you have by using background modification.

So...let me know what you think, and we can start discussion!

Last edited:
Re: Pokédex 3D Pro - Discussion and AR Viewer Picture Thread

I don't have it yet but plan on getting it eventually

i feel gamefreak could make this better. maybe they could add an instruction video? i had regular pokedex 3d, but this is too confusing... :/

@Shinx Beyond Chuck Norris, I'm a savvy and avid user of lots of applications so I know my way around fairly quickly. You may not, so the best advice I can give you is that it's worth reading the manual from time to time if you're confused on what to do. Heck, it even gives you a tip on how to make lifesize Pokémon appear through the AR Viewer!
I didn't list everything you could do on the introductory thread because that would take up too much time from all of us, so go check out the digital manual (you'll see it on the Home Screen for lots of 3DS applications and 3DS Game Cards that take advantage of it) if you need a heads-up on what to do. It'll make your life a lot easier.

Edit - Now I've got a few pictures up which are remakes of artwork/cutscenes from the main series Pokémon games. Anyone want me to do any more of them?
HNI_0031.JPG HNI_0037.JPG

One's a stylised remake of this artwork. To be honest I could have done a bit more to stay more true to the artwork (in fact none of them needed an animation at all).
The other is a remake of the summoning of Lugia in SoulSilver, with a backdrop taken from a photo of the actual cutscene.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom