• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokedex entries that amuse you

Rocket Messiah

May his love free him from the path of hate.
Reaction score
I find that Pokedex entries are amusing. They show us some really interesting things about Pokemon and the world they live in.

For example

Golbat:
Red and Blue: Once it strikes, it will not stop draining energy from the victim even if it gets too heavy to fly.
Sword: It loves to drink other creatures' blood. It's said that if it finds others of its kind going hungry, it sometimes shares the blood it's gathered.

Kadabra:
FireRed: It happened one morning - a boy with extrasensory powers awoke in bed transformed into Kadabra.

Pinsir:
Sword: This Pokémon clamps its pincers down on its prey and then either splits the prey in half or flings it away

Palossand:

Sword: Palossand is known as the Beach Nightmare. It pulls its prey down into the sand by controlling the sand itself, and then it sucks out their souls.

Which dex entries you find more interesting, mysterious or creepy?

Whimsicott has some hilarious entries. These are my favourites...

Sun: It rides on the wind and slips into people’s homes. After it has turned a room into a cotton-filled mess, it giggles to itself and takes off.

Ultra Sun: This nuisance sneaks into people’s homes, where it hides important things and scatters cotton all over the place.

Very interesting that in the entries for Gastly and Raichu, their power were compared to indian elephants. Even more interesting to imply real animals exist alongside creatures, and specify the animal as well. I guess the logic was that Donphan was the only Poke elephant at the time, and it resists Poison and is immuned to Electric.

The Kadabra entry mentioned in the OP feels like the programmers predicted PMD. Maybe it was the son or grandson of the guy who tried to file a lawsuit to the Kadabra trading cards, who recently withdrew the lawsuit?

Oh, and also, one that is incredibly nonsensical but I barely see others bring up: Ponyta‘s HGSS entry stating “It’s hooves are harder than diamonds”. Diamonds are near unbreakable and are harder than almost anything ever, so that would make for some REALLY overpowered stomps.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom