• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokedex Entries that creeped you out

Dragonfly

*Buzz*
Reaction score
So, ladies and gentlemen, after having had Black/White in English for 1 week, are there any Pokedex entries that made you freak out? I had one:

Aww, look at Litwick, the cute little Fire/Ghost candle. Wait, what's that, Pokédex? It burns brighter when it absorbs a human soul? It tricks people into thinking it's a helpful guiding light before doing so? Its evolution wanders the streets actively looking for the souls of the dead, as well as appearing when you're on your deathbed and severing your immortal soul from your body? If anything enters the flame of the final evolution, the soul is immediately sucked out, leaving a shriveled husk of a body behind? To make it worse, it gets Shadow Tag as one of its abilities, so once one finds you, there's no way to escape. OH SWEET ARCEUS, IT WANTS MY SOUL!!! :eek:

People carrying around darmanitan droppings to keep themselves warm. Really?

Edit: yea darumaka. My bad

Last edited:
Kyurem's in White. Not so much the content as much as how creepily short it is. Only two small sentences. Makes it seem like a huge mystery... D8

It's nothing really new, but Heatmor's White Entry talking about how it uses it's flames to bore into Durants and suck out their guts was a little unnerving. Maybe it's just cause I like ants?

The Yamask and Cofagrigus entries also were standard weirdness.

Also, is Klink stops spinning, they die!

^^ reminds me of Spoink...

and yeah, Litwick's and Yamask's line's Dex entries are scary, but that's hw they should be

So, ladies and gentlemen, after having had Black/White in English for 1 week, are there any Pokedex entries that made you freak out? I had one:

Aww, look at Litwick, the cute little Fire/Ghost candle.
This. A thousand times, this.

It's just a cute little candle, right? Guess not because it hungers for your freaking soul. Yeah, not using that one. Waaaaaay too creepy for me.
Cofagrigus eats you.
Seriously?! :eek:

That tears it: when it comes to Ghost types, I'm sticking with Golett and Golurk. At least they won't try to kill you. :sweat:

This is from it's Black entry:

It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies.

That really didn't creep me out as much, funnily enough. I guess because you get to live on as a Yamask afterwords anyway.

Besides, I was expecting something that looks like this to be evil:

752px-563Cofagrigus.png

Red eyes? Check. Insane grin? Check. Sharp teeth? Check. Evil looking shadow hands? Check.

But something like this:

371px-607Litwick.png

It looks so cute! ^_^

And yet it hungers for my soul. :uhoh::scared:

I was going to say Darumaka's in White, but I figured that was already said. :p

Kyurem's in White. Not so much the content as much as how creepily short it is. Only two small sentences. Makes it seem like a huge mystery... D8

This, too. I caught Kyurem recently and I just went "... What? That's it? For a legendary?"

I always found Larvitar's DP Dex entry... interesting. I'm not sure if I should be terrified of it or find it lulzy.

"A Pokémon that eats soil. Once it has eaten a large mountain, it goes to sleep so it can grow."

A little 2 feet tall rock creature... eating an entire large MOUNTAIN? ... What.

Galvantula's White Entry:

''They employ an electrically charged web to trap their prey. While it is immobilized by shock, they leisurely consume it.''

Mew's and Arceus' entry. Mew gave birth to all pokemon, but yet Arceus was the first? wut

''They employ an electrically charged web to trap their prey. While it is immobilized by shock, they leisurely consume it.''

That's what makes Galvantula my favorite Pokemon of all time!

This is from it's Black entry:

It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies.
Okay, that's it. Kill. It. With. FIRE!
So it's chewing on you, while you are still alive. Wow, spiders are evil little critters, aren't they? Yet, I find spiders cute. I must be screwed up. :sweatlol:

I freaked out reading Heatmor's entry:
Using their very hot, flame-covered tongues, they burn through Durant's steel bodies and consume their insides.
Poor Durants. ;<

Mew's and Arceus' entry. Mew gave birth to all pokemon, but yet Arceus was the first? wut

if you actually read the Library in D/P/Pt it becomes as clear as crystal that Arceus was there Before Mew, it was born when only a chaotical Vortex existed, but then it proceeded to shape the Universe/World, some also think it referred only to Sinnoh, but who knows...

also
Arceus = God
Mew = Ancestor

if that helps

if you actually read the Library in D/P/Pt it becomes as clear as crystal that Arceus was there Before Mew, it was born when only a chaotical Vortex existed, but then it proceeded to shape the Universe/World, some also think it referred only to Sinnoh, but who knows...

also
Arceus = God
Mew = Ancestor

if that helps
The pokedex is wrong then, since it clearly states that Mew is the one who gave birth to all pokemon. Arceus is a pokemon, unless I missed something. Mew is the mother, Arceus is the father, that's a theory.

But the Hallucination Theory is what I believe in.

none of them state is as a fact

Generation I

Red
Blue
So rare that it is still said to be a mirage by many experts. Only a few people have seen it worldwide.

Yellow
When viewed through a microscope, this Pokémon's short, fine, delicate hair can be seen.

Generation II

Gold
Apparently, it appears only to those people who are pure of heart and have a strong desire to see it.

Silver
Its DNA is said to contain the genetic codes of all Pokémon, so it can use all kinds of techniques.

Crystal
Because it can learn any move, some people began research to see if it is the ancestor of all Pokémon.

Generation III

Ruby
Sapphire
Mew is said to possess the genetic composition of all Pokémon. It is capable of making itself invisible at will, so it entirely avoids notice even if it approaches people.

Emerald
A Mew is said to possess the genes of all Pokémon. It is capable of making itself invisible at will, so it entirely avoids notice even if it approaches people.

FireRed
A Pokémon of South America that was thought to have been extinct. It is very intelligent and learns any move.

LeafGreen
So rare that it is still said to be a mirage by many experts. Only a few people have seen it worldwide.

Generation IV

Diamond
Pearl
Platinum
Because it can use all kinds of moves, many scientists believe Mew to be the ancestor of Pokémon.

HeartGold
Apparently, it appears only to those people who are pure of heart and have a strong desire to see it.

SoulSilver
Its DNA is said to contain the genetic codes of all Pokémon, so it can use all kinds of techniques.

Generation V

Black
White
Because it is able to use every move, there are many scientists who believe that it is the ancestor of all Pokémon.
and it might mean it originated the great part of Pokémon
i kind of doubt it gave origin to Legendaries.

But Alas, this thread isn't for that.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom