• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokedex Entries that creeped you out

Jellicent's entry in Black was creepy, especially the phrasing of the last part.

The fate of the ships and crew that wander into Jellicent's habitat: all sunken, all lost, all vanished.

Jeezus, the people who phrased that should write creepypasta for us.

I was reading Haunter's dex entry and it says that when it licks a victim they constantly shake before death. That is some freaky stuff.

Banette's Emerald entry always creeps me out when I read it.

An abandoned plush doll became this Pokémon. They are said to live in garbage dumps and wander about in search of the children that threw them away.

Gorebyss's Sapphire and Emerald pokedex entries are pretty creepy, especially as it looks so cute and gentle.

Sapphire -
Although Gorebyss is the very picture of elegance and beauty while swimming, it is also cruel. When it spots prey, this Pokemon inserts its thin mouth into the prey's body and drains the prey of its body fluids.

Emerald -
A Gorebyss siphons the body fluids of prey through its thin, tubular mouth. Its light pink body color turns vivid when it finishes feeding.

Heatmor creeped me out a bit.
Using their very hot, flame-covered tongues, they burn through Durant's steel bodies and consume their insides.

Also, Drowzee's Soul Silver entry:
It remembers every dream it eats. It rarely eats the dreams of adults because children's are much tastier.

"It is whispered that any child who mistakes Drifloon for a balloon and holds on to it could wind up missing."

Shrugh* Sounds like a crossover between Supernatural and Pokemon. Ghost types are truly fucked up Pokemon.
Depends on the Ghost type. Some aren't so bad, really. :hugs her Golurk:

But yeah, Drifloon's entry is pretty messed up. Even worse? It's actually kinda cute, so you have no idea that it wants to drag you to hell. :eek:

They intend to do it, but they get carried away by the wind, aww, that's stupid, and sad, they probably got expelled from the evildoer's academy.
You know how they say "Beware the quiet ones"? In this case, it's beware the cute ones. (I'm glaring at you, Drifloon and Litwick...!)

Shedinja freaked me out. I can't help but get a bit paranoid whenever I see it's backsprite.

Golbat's Black 2/White 2 Pokedex entry is just... urgh...

Flitting around in the dead of night, it sinks its fangs into its prey and drains a nearly fatal amount of blood.

I've wished many times I lived in the Pokemon World, despite all the horrors within, but this was the straw that broke the camel's back; If this is what one of the most common Pokemon is capable of, you can keep those horrible monsters the hell away from me.

Surprised no one mentioned Jellicent:
Black version:
The fate of the ships and crew that wander into Jellicent's habitat: all sunken, all lost, all vanished.
White version:
They propel themselves by expelling absorbed seawater from their bodies. Their favorite food is life energy.
Yikes!:scared: (yet I train one in Black...)

Read every single entry of Gengar.

That is why you should never wish for pokemon to be real, especially ghost types.

Let see...
Sableye's Ruby entry
Sableye lead quiet lives deep inside caverns. They are feared, however, because these Pokémon are thought to steal the spirits of people when their eyes burn with a sinister glow in the darkness.

Froslass' HGSS entry
Legends in snowy regions say that a woman who was lost on an icy mountain was reborn as Froslass.

Dusclops' Ruby entry
Dusclops's body is completely hollow - there is nothing at all inside. It is said that its body is like a black hole. This Pokémon will absorb anything into its body, but nothing will ever come back out.

Shuppet's Ruby entry
Shuppet is attracted by feelings of jealousy and vindictiveness. If someone develops strong feelings of vengeance, this Pokémon will appear in a swarm and line up beneath the eaves of that person's home.

Haunter's Yellow entry:
By licking, it saps the victim's life. It causes shaking that won't stop until the victim's demise.

Haunter's Stadium entry:
If you trip and fall for no apparent reason or hear a sound when no one is around, it may be a Haunter.

Shedinja's Ruby entry:
Shedinja's hard body doesn't move - not even a twitch. In fact, its body appears to be merely a hollow shell. It is believed that this Pokémon will steal the spirit of anyone peering into its hollow body from its back.

Spr_b_5b_292.png

LOOK AT IT.

Damn ghost-types. You scary.

Read every single entry of Gengar.

That is why you should never wish for pokemon to be real, especially ghost types.
Well, most Ghost types are terrifying. I stick with the ones that won't kill you.

Lickilicky. Oh dear Arceus, Lickilicky. From the Black and White 2 Pokedex:
Their saliva contains lots of components that can dissolve anything. The numbness caused by their lick does not dissipate.

At least it numbs you before you die.... :scared:

Cacturne's entry from HeartGold and SoulSilver stands out to me as the creepiest.

"Packs of them follow travelers through the desert until the travelers can no longer move."

I have some!
Crygonal in B/W 2:
"They are composed of ice crystals. They capture prey with chains of ice, freezing the prey at -148° F."
Is it just me, or is that sort of an oddly specific temperature for killing their prey? I know it doesn't say killing, but I think that death is sort of implied with temperatures of -148!

and what about Galvantula's in White?
"They employ an electrically charged web to trap their prey. While it is immobilized by shock, they leisurely consume it."
"Leisurely consume it?" What! That is slightly creepy.

And of course, let's not forget Arbok:
Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: "The pattern on its belly is for intimidation. It constricts foes when they are frozen in fear."
HeartGold: "Transfixing prey with the face-like pattern on its belly, it binds and poisons the frightened victim."
Those are some lovely thoughts!

Just looked at Gothorita's dex entry in B2W2:

According to many old tales, it creates friends for itself by controlling sleeping children on starry nights.

:scared: Not sure if I'll be able to sleep...

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom