• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Pokédex speculation

Reaction score
Talk about BDSP's dex here - speculate on new additions, discuss your hopes and wishes, etc.
As you may know, the original DP dex was...very lacking. The only Fire-types were the Chimchar line, Ponyta line and Heatran for a grand total of 6 Pokemon. Fortunately Platinum fixed this, adding Pokemon such as the Houndour and Magby lines among others.
So where does this put the DP remakes? Will Gamefreak use the improved Pt dex? Or will they revert to the DP dex? What Pokemon do you want to see added?

Last edited:
I'm confident the Pokedex they use will be expanded to some degree for a main playthrough. FRLG aside, HGSS included several Sinnoh branched evolutions prior to defeating Lance in addition to making every Johto Pokémon previously obtainable in Kanto now accessible via the Safari Zone. ORAS included cross or branched evolutions while expanding the available Pokémon after dealing with Kyogre or Groudon (and they weren't even Hoenn native).

I'm pretty sure they'll use Platinum's. Assuming the game has a limited roster like LGPE, I just don't think it makes sense to restrict even more of the fraction that's available to the post-game like Magmortar, Porygon-Z, et al. were in the originals. In fact I would expect the Dex to be tweaked somewhat anyway - since they've discarded the National Dex, these games will probably only have a regional Sinnoh Dex. But the original Sinnoh Dex, regardless of version, still left out everything that comes after Palkia in the National Dex, with the exception of Manaphy. And at the very least, I don't see this game not having Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, and Cresselia, which means the Sinnoh Dex will need to be modified to some extent to include them.

Honestly, I'm more curious as to whether Sylveon and the three (five?) lesser Regis will make it in. LGPE ignored the later additions to evolutionary families as a deliberate choice, but maybe they'll be a bit more liberal here?

I'm pretty sure they'll use Platinum's. Assuming the game has a limited roster like LGPE, I just don't think it makes sense to restrict even more of the fraction that's available to the post-game like Magmortar, Porygon-Z, et al. were in the originals. In fact I would expect the Dex to be tweaked somewhat anyway - since they've discarded the National Dex, these games will probably only have a regional Sinnoh Dex. But the original Sinnoh Dex, regardless of version, still left out everything that comes after Palkia in the National Dex, with the exception of Manaphy. And at the very least, I don't see this game not having Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, and Cresselia, which means the Sinnoh Dex will need to be modified to some extent to include them.

Honestly, I'm more curious as to whether Sylveon and the three (five?) lesser Regis will make it in. LGPE ignored the later additions to evolutionary families as a deliberate choice, but maybe they'll be a bit more liberal here?
Yeah, especially considering that this is more in line with ORAS.

This game sounds like it's going to be fairly traditional, so I don't think we'll see any expansions. I do think we'll get Platinum's 210 (maybe + Sylveon and Mr. Rime), but that's it.

If they don’t use the platinum dex, people are gonna be pissed. Fortunately if that happens, I can just use home to bring in my Fire types from Go (Flareon and Magmortar).

Doesnt Go have a block where you cant bring the Pokemon from GO into the game unless you already caught the species in game?

EDIT: There's always the possibility that the poor overworld graphics is a consequence of them bringing back all the Pokemon in the data so any can be transferred in, I live in hope

Last edited:
Doesnt Go have a block where you cant bring the Pokemon from GO into the game unless you already caught the species in game?

For SwSh via HOME yeah (but only in regards to certain species, i.e. Legendaries and Mythicals), but not for direct transfers into LGPE

I'm hoping we end up getting a spiced up version of the Sinnoh Pokedex from Pokemon Platinum. And by spiced up, I mean with new regional forms for Pokemon, preferably from generations 5 through 8. Also Sylveon because that's the only new evolution for Eevee we've gotten since 2006.

If it's a faithful remake of the original Diamond and Pearl, they'll have to give you a National Dex after you see every Pokémon in the Sinnoh Dex. That was what happened in the original games, and it would be dumb of them to cut the National Dex from Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl after what happened with Sword and Shield. Even if it just goes from Bulbasaur to Arceus, at least there'd be a "National Dex."

Obviously the national dex was included in BW and even XY I think, but technically the word national would make more sense to just cover the first 4 regions which are all in Japan

Porygon-Z was spotted in the trailer, which was not in the Sinnoh Dex until the Platinum expansion, so obviously it won't be just Diamond and Pearl's 151 Pokémon in the game.

Ditto's also gonna be in the game, because without it you can't get Phione.
You can't get Manaphy either unless something changes. It was transferred from the Ranger games, which aren't compatible. I would imagine there'll be a new method for obtaining Manaphy and Phione.

As you may know, the original DP dex was...very lacking. The only Fire-types were the Chimchar line, Ponyta line and Heatran for a grand total of 6 Pokemon. Fortunately Platinum fixed this, adding Pokemon such as the Houndour and Magby lines among others.
Heatran wasn't in the DP dex. It wasn't in the Sinnoh Dex even after Platinum's expansion. You catch it at Stark Mountain which is located in the post-game Battle Zone.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom