• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokedex Update

Or add a freaking season simulation machine or whatever to the WEATHER Institute or do like a specific Mirage Spot for it or something

They’ve had options

I think they just don’t give a shit about Deerling

Buneary also being confirmed makes me think that the theory that all Pokemon that can Mega Evolve* will be in the regional dex might be right.
*Bar legendary Pokemon and starters, which could available through wormholes (legendary) and gifts/island scan (starters).

This video says that Legendary a Pokemon will be included in the 400. I was very angry at first, but then I realized that 10-15 entries aren't too much of a loss. I'm hoping it's a mistranslation, through:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7RxGaNZu7U

Just wanted to point out, but it was also easily possible for all four forms of Deerling to exist in Kalos, they just chose not to do it. Spring for Santalune, Summer for Cyllage/Ambrette/Shalour, Autumn for Laverre, and Winter for Snowbelle.

I doubt they'll actually implement the Deerling forms on the different islands, but if they decide to, I'm all up for it.

True, Kalos had a very distinctive 'four seasons' approach to parts of the region. Don't really understand why they didn't implement Deerling's/Sawsbuck's forms through them.

Sawsbuck is one of my top favorite Pokemon designs. I'm sad to see them get the shaft.

This video says that Legendary a Pokemon will be included in the 400. I was very angry at first, but then I realized that 10-15 entries aren't too much of a loss. I'm hoping it's a mistranslation, through

That would make me really sad, knowing we'd get about a 100 more mons from previous games was the best news about this game I've heard so far :( I don't care about the legendaries, I just want more mons I can use during the story.

That said, I'm happy Furfrou and Mime Jr. were included, those were two I was hoping for :D (to be clear, no I do not want to use Mr. Mime, I'm gonna go find an Everstone asap). Kinda hope that the trimming mechanic for Furfrou is 'fixed' in this game, so it just stays forever instead of having to trim it again every 5 days. But sadly I doubt it :(

Saw Noivern, Cinccino, Swirlix and Golurk in the trailers, so I guess that's four more that are added.

Noivern is used by Hau and Golurk by Hapu.

Last edited:
  • Noibat
  • Noivern
  • Golett
  • Golurk
  • Minccino
  • Cinccino
  • Slurpuff
  • Swirlix
That's 8 new additions revealed. How many slots are are left?

Officially, 60, if my count is correct.

However, it seems likely that they will include all of the remaining Pokémon with Mega Evolutions - if all of them are included in the Alola Dex (so, not through Island Scan, except for the Starters which we now know are available through that method), then that would leave 31 slots left to be filled. Additionally, Remoraid will probably be included for the sake of Mantyke, and some of the Photo Club decorations are Litwick-themed, which could suggest its inclusion in the Alola Dex. If these assumptions are also correct, then that leaves 26 slots.

I am curious about how Zygarde will fit into the new Dex - one of the trailers showed it being encountered in a cave rather than the dream cloud field that is used for the wormhole Legendaries. But has been removed from the Alola Dex (it’s still shown grouped together with all of those Legendaries, which are almost certainly outside of the Alola Dex), or will it still be included but we’ll have to battle it instead of collect it?

Last edited:
okKtH0K.jpg
Finally. And now I have more justification for using a Noivern as my starter.

Hau and Hapu have good tastes picking those Pokemon. But I'm going to have to show Hau who has the best Noivern when mine repeatedly kicks his ass.

A Japanese guidebook confirmed some more new additions: Ekans, Dunsparce, Clamperl, Flabébé, Smoochum, Seel, and Remoraid (as expected).

This leaves 36 slots remaining.

If we assume that all non-Starter, non-Legendary Pokémon with Mega Evolutions will all be added to the Alola Dex, then we have only 10 slots remaining. My guesses for those would be:

1. Litwick (since it appears in some Photo Club decorations)
2. Lampent
3. Chandelure
4. Spritzee (since Swirlix has been added and it hasn’t been available in any game except Y)
5. Aromatisse
6. Bellsprout
7. Weepinbell
8. Victreebel
9. New UB
10. New UB

With Adhesive getting an alternate form rather than an evolution.

A Japanese guidebook confirmed some more new additions: Ekans, Dunsparce, Clamperl, Flabébé, Smoochum, Seel, and Remoraid (as expected).

This leaves 36 slots remaining.

If we assume that all non-Starter, non-Legendary Pokémon with Mega Evolutions will all be added to the Alola Dex, then we have only 10 slots remaining. My guesses for those would be:

1. Litwick (since it appears in some Photo Club decorations)
2. Lampent
3. Chandelure
4. Spritzee (since Swirlix has been added and it hasn’t been available in any game except Y)
5. Aromatisse
6. Bellsprout
7. Weepinbell
8. Victreebel
9. New UB
10. New UB

With Adhesive getting an alternate form rather than an evolution.

I'm a bit confused. How'd you get to 36 slots remaining?

So far I've gotten this:

- Ekans line, Seel line, Jynx (5)
- Mareep line, Heracross, Houndour line, Smoochum, Dunsparce, Remoraid line, Mantine, Larvitar line (14)
- Mawile, Clamperl line, Electrike line, Tropius (7)
- Mantyke (1)
- Golett line, Minccino line, Zorua line, Mienfoo line, Larvesta line (10)
- Hawlucha, Flabebe line, Swirlix line, Dedenne, Inkay line, & Noibat line (11)
- UB Burst, Assembly, & Adhesive (3)
Total so far: 51/100

And if we're adding the remaining Megas - Weedle line, Pidgey line, Onix line, Ralts line, Aron line, Medicham line, Numel line, Swablu line, Shuppet line, Snover line, and Audino... That adds 26 more. So 77/100, which would leave 23 slots remaining.

EDIT: Just noticed I forgot Hawlucha

@Tuoko, you're missing Mime Jr, Mr Mime, Buneary, Lopunny, Hawlucha, Furfrou. Not that it makes up the difference between yours and Esserise's numbers.

I'm a bit confused. How'd you get to 36 slots remaining?

So far I've gotten this:

- Ekans line, Seel line, Jynx (5)
- Mareep line, Heracross, Houndour line, Smoochum, Dunsparce, Remoraid line, Mantine, Larvitar line (14)
- Mawile, Clamperl line, Electrike line, Tropius (7)
- Mantyke (1)
- Golett line, Minccino line, Zorua line, Mienfoo line, Larvesta line (10)
- Hawlucha, Flabebe line, Swirlix line, Dedenne, Inkay line, & Noibat line (11)
- UB Burst, Assembly, & Adhesive (3)
Total so far: 51/100

And if we're adding the remaining Megas - Weedle line, Pidgey line, Onix line, Ralts line, Aron line, Medicham line, Numel line, Swablu line, Shuppet line, Snover line, and Audino... That adds 26 more. So 77/100, which would leave 23 slots remaining.

EDIT: Just noticed I forgot Hawlucha

Ah, hang on. Seems I must have accidentally deleted some slots on my document without noticing. But now I’m getting 18 slots left.

We have:

- Ekans, Arbok, Seel, Dewgong, Jynx, Mr. Mime (6)
- Mareep, Flaaffy, Ampharos, Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar, Houndour, Houndoom, Smoochum, Heracross, Remoraid, Octillery, Mantine, Dunsparce (14)
- Mawile, Clamperl, Huntail, Gorebyss, Tropius, Electrike, Manectric (7)
- Buneary, Lopunny, Mantyke, Mime Jr. (4)
- Zorua, Zoroark, Minccino, Cinccino, Larvesta, Volcarona, Golett, Golurk, Mienfoo, Mienshao (10)
- Dedenne, Inkay, Malamar, Furfrou, Flabébé, Floette, Florges, Swirlix, Slurpuff, Hawlucha, Noibat, Noivern (12)
- Burst, Assembly, Adhesive (3)

Reaching a total of 56/100

The remaining Mega families comprise:

- Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Onix, Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot (7)
- Steelix (1)
- Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Numel, Camerupt, Swablu, Altaria, Aron, Lairon, Aggron, Shuppet, Banette, Meditite, Medicham (14)
- Snover, Abomasnow, Gallade (3)
- Audino (1)

26 more, so 82/100. 18 slots left by my count.

(I’m actually relieved that my count was off - I thought 10 spaces left felt too down-to-the-wire.)

Also to note is that Misdreavus appears to be completely replaced on Melemele with Murkrow. So Misdreavus could have been moved to Murkrow's spot on Poni Island, unless more shuffling around happens in the other islands.

If anyone was planning on using Misdreavus you might have to wait to see where it's been moved to, I guess.

Also, it prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrobably doesn’t mean anything since it’s the National Dex Guidebook, but the cover of that includes Rayquaza, Galvantula, Klink, Ponyta, Forretress, Gothitelle, Furret, Kabutops, and Dragalge alongside a swath of other Pokémon that are all in the Alola Dex. Obviously, we can guess that Rayquaza isn’t going to be in the Alola Dex, but as for the rest? Make of it what you will.

51ww0u2aIBL._SX366_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

(Amusingly, all of those non-Rayquaza Pokémon add up to a total of 18.)

Today’s Lesson: Don’t do maths when you’re sleep-deprived, kids.

Last edited:
Also, it prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrobably doesn’t mean anything since it’s the National Dex Guidebook, but the cover of that includes Rayquaza, Galvantula, Klink, Ponyta, Forretress, Gothitelle, Furret, Kabutops, and Dragalge alongside a swath of other Pokémon that are all in the Alola Dex. Obviously, we can guess that Rayquaza isn’t going to be in the Alola Dex, but as for the rest? Make of it what you will.

(Amusingly, all of those non-Rayquaza Pokémon add up to a total of 18.)

+ Helioptile line = 20 :p

Dragalge, Galvantula and Heliolisk would be good additions though. I wouldn't mind them being in at all. Forretress hasn't been in a regional dex outside Johto, too, so maybe it's time for it to get some love.

Back
Top Bottom