• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokefan info concerning a few future episodes has been translated

If I had to bet, Ash will win
In my opinion a lot of lost battles will come with sobble. In a way it makes sense for it to be extremely weak at the beginning and grows with the others.
Will be nice to see all the chemistry between the team.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I really don't want to see Sobble lose all the time though. That would suck. I'd love to see it win a lot of battles if it gets into battling.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I really don't want to see Sobble lose all the time though. That would suck. I'd love to see it win a lot of battles if it gets into battling.
It will win. However, not before being thrown around a bit. People always love the underdogs. They need to make sobble one. Make it cry, make it lose. Make it perhaps evolve when wanting to battle with all he has. Then start winning for a bit after.
If it was me writing, I would make Ash have a ruthless rival. Not in the sense he does not care for his pokémon, but more in the sense he ONLY cares about his pokémon. When they meet, sobble evolves in a battle against him, because he sees how Ash defends that you should care for ALL pokémon. However, after a while, when Ash battles him, gonna call it Thekziw for the sake of it, he uses whatever pokémon is mentoring, and loses. Then, drizzle comes after, psyched up to honor is fallen comrade, only to lose as well. This destroys the ego of drizzle.
At this you have an ark where drizzle refuses to battle whilst still wanting to be there for the others. Only to in a battle, the same pokémon that once wrecked sobble's mentor, is wrecking other as well, and is a 6 vs 6 battle. It is the last one of each trainer. Ash grabs a pokéball, but drizzle touches Ash's and, with a look of 'I need to do this'. He goes to see dragonite and how it is, and then the battle starts. Drizzle gets punched and thrown around. A lot! Then, when it is down, you can feel like he cannot, literally, take another defeat. So he rises up, he starts to glow, he evolves, and whilst still weak, he defeats the opponent. When defeated he goes to the other pokémon and shows fair play. Showing that you should care for everyone, even your rivals.
This in my opinion would be great.
(If I could, it would be Greninja sobble's mentor

Last edited:
Netflix might have the influence to actually do something if they can go 'Hey the metrics on these episodes are bad while the Ash episodes make Daredevil look like Water World' or something

Netflix is just a distributor so I don't think they have the power to say anything. Also, I'm sure that most of Pokémon's audience is composed by kids and hardcore fans who usually watch all episodes.

I think that’s for the best considering that not only was it a lazy retcon but there was less merit to him using it compared to Pokémon we’ve seen Ash raise and train.
I actually think that Mr. Mime would only be used in Episode 7, and only so Ash would use a second Pokemon without having to use reserves.

Netflix is just a distributor so I don't think they have the power to say anything. Also, I'm sure that most of Pokémon's audience is composed by kids and hardcore fans who usually watch all episodes.

Netflix is also kind of big in distributing. It might have the ability, or even will depending on circumstances, to try and have influence in the production.

I actually think that Mr. Mime would only be used in Episode 7, and only so Ash would use a second Pokemon without having to use reserves.
That’s pretty much exactly the reason. It was just so they could be lazy and not use any reserves. Course it also came at the result of starting a mini war in the fandom about Mimey.

KAMONEGI (GALAR FORM): Here comes the Galar region's Kamonegi, which use heavy-looking leek as their weapon! They randomly challenge others to battle!
I wonder who gets this one... I was initially thinking Go, but they’re deliberately highlighting its battle aspect... Finally some development for Go's increasingly stale catching methods?
He currently has 4 Pokémon!
The Pokémon he currently has on hand are Kairyu and these 3: Gangar, Pikachu and Riolu
Mr. Mime was an excuse to not bring in reserves,..
Go will play a major role in the episode airing May 10th as well! His role in this episode is just as much a must see as Satoshi's fierce battle!
I really, really hope they don’t ruin it with a catching spree... I had an idea, what if the rain scene is Farfetch'd "randomly challenging [Go] to battle"? He'd be forced to use Raboot in a disadvantageous weather and have a battle to catch it.

That's a shame they don't consider Mr. Mime a member of Ash's current party, it was so cool to see him command it in Battle Frontier episode and made me wanna see more of its battles.

That's a shame they don't consider Mr. Mime a member of Ash's current party, it was so cool to see him command it in Battle Frontier episode and made me wanna see more of its battles.
Personally I felt the opposite about it in that it battling like a pro made little to no sense considering that it had only had the role of housekeeper since it’s first appearance having only ever battled once. It was like having a butler suddenly taking on a MMA fighter.

I don't think Mimey was there to avoid having to use reserves. Rather I think they wanted to use Mimey because of the line's sudden spotlight from Detective Pikachu and wrote an episode where Mimey would battle.
So rather than "they wanted a two on two so Mimey came in to avoid reserves" it was "they wanted a battle episode and made it two on two so they could use Mimey".
Edit: Honestly the person running the twitter must have found it awkward when so many people got excited and talking about how they hope it was Charizard/Torterra/whoever and the whole time it was just Mimey becoming a fighter.

I don't think Mimey was there to avoid having to use reserves. Rather I think they wanted to use Mimey because of the line's sudden spotlight from Detective Pikachu and wrote an episode where Mimey would battle.
So rather than "they wanted a two on two so Mimey came in to avoid reserves" it was "they wanted a battle episode and made it two on two so they could use Mimey".
Edit: Honestly the person running the twitter must have found it awkward when so many people got excited and talking about how they hope it was Charizard/Torterra/whoever and the whole time it was just Mimey becoming a fighter.
Honestly that one was definitely one of the really bad troll moves from the early episodes. They knew what they were doing in building hype with this mystery Pokémon that Ash sends out making it seem like Ash was either using a reserve or caught something in secret only for them to reveal that it was just Mimey. It was a terrible bait and switch.

Honestly that one was definitely one of the really bad troll moves from the early episodes. They knew what they were doing in building hype with this mystery Pokémon that Ash sends out making it seem like Ash was either using a reserve or caught something in secret only for them to reveal that it was just Mimey. It was a terrible bait and switch.
Catching something offscreen wouldnt have been any better

Personally I felt the opposite about it in that it battling like a pro made little to no sense considering that it had only had the role of housekeeper since it’s first appearance having only ever battled once. It was like having a butler suddenly taking on a MMA fighter.

This. So much this.

They hadn't done crap with that damn mime since its introduction episode OVER TWENTY YEARS AGO (or have they and I missed it? :unsure: ), and suddenly they want to use it NOW?! That's perfect example of "too little, too late". To the extreme even. They could've had a mute human living with Deila and it would've been the same.

I was NEVER happy about Ash getting it handed to him on a silver platter. It being in the "Battle Frontier" episode made me hate it even more...

Catching something offscreen wouldnt have been any better
While not an ideal situation, it’d be a hell of a lot better than them claiming that the Mr. Mime that has been with his mom as a housekeeper for over 20 years was actually his the whole time while suddenly making it a super strong battler as if it’s been doing this for years.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom