• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokefan info concerning a few future episodes has been translated

Watching Mimey in this series as they try to turn it into a meme of the Detective Pikachu Mr. Mime completely contrary to its established personality feels super weird.

"Wow, the Live Action Movie has given Mr. Mime a popularity boost. We should do something with it in the TV Show."
"How about the one living with Ash's mom? It will be a lot easier to use one we have lying around instead of going to the trouble of bringing in a new one, and we've never done anything with it anyway."
"Brilliant!"

While not an ideal situation, it’d be a hell of a lot better than them claiming that the Mr. Mime that has been with his mom as a housekeeper for over 20 years was actually his the whole time while suddenly making it a super strong battler as if it’s been doing this for years.
I don't think so. If anything an offscreen capture would have raised a whole bunch of questions and issues. At least Mr. Mime was already established

Also didn't some sources already claim Mimey was Ash's way before Pokemon Journey?

I don't think so. If anything an offscreen capture would have raised a whole bunch of questions and issues. At least Mr. Mime was already established

Also didn't some sources already claim Mimey was Ash's way before Pokemon Journey?
An offscreen capture wouldn’t even be the first time such a thing has happened such as with Zubat. And given that in the previous episode, when ago was on a capture spree Ash made the statement that also wanted to capture something, could easily be resolved with an explanation or quick flashback. Plus, the comparison between a Pokémon that was captured an episode prior vs a Pokémon they claim belonged to him for over 20 years is an astronomical difference especially when there was never any evidence of it belonging to him.

As for prior claims, it was only ever said on Twitter, also being in pictures with Pokémon like Raticate, and Seaking, Pokémon Ash didn’t even own for longer than an episode. Nothing that has been presented in the anime has backed that up, something crucial in a show-don’t-tell medium.

He should've just caught a different Mr. Mime if they wanted to use it in the battle, even if it'd get Kingler/Muk treatment throughout the series.
Like make Ash's Mr. Mime Mimey's mate for example, could have been a funny episode.

Whew! These episodes look HYPEE! Amazing stuff coming after the hiatus, I think the battle against Korrina could be 2 vs 2? In the preview Gengar appeared battling in a stadium.

Superb!! Leon vs Raihan! Another battle of champions or at least according to lore Raihan is almost as powerful as a champion.

Wonder who's going to catch Sobble and Galarian Farfetch'd (and Morpeko)? I guess one for Ash and the other for Go (tho Go catched a Kantonian one).

I like Go is catching a bunch of Kalos mons, his Pokémon are very recurrent (to my surprise) and episode 23 will focus on them and the couple of Ash's in Sakuragi's lab.

Whew! These episodes look HYPEE! Amazing stuff coming after the hiatus, I think the battle against Korrina could be 2 vs 2? In the preview Gengar appeared battling in a stadium.

Superb!! Leon vs Raihan! Another battle of champions or at least according to lore Raihan is almost as powerful as a champion.

Wonder who's going to catch Sobble and Galarian Farfetch'd (and Morpeko)? I guess one for Ash and the other for Go (tho Go catched a Kantonian one).

I like Go is catching a bunch of Kalos mons, his Pokémon are very recurrent (to my surprise) and episode 23 will focus on them and the couple of Ash's in Sakuragi's lab.

I'm actually sort of wondering if we'll start seeing Unova style rotating Ash and he picks up both Sobble and Farfetch'd G.

I'm actually sort of wondering if we'll start seeing Unova style rotating Ash and he picks up both Sobble and Farfetch'd G.
He's capturing pretty fast now that Slow Start has worn off. He's got 4 on hand, Sobble seems to be coming up pretty soon (at least in terms of episode count), they have eight regions to cover instead of one...I think there's decent odds we're getting more than six.

Yeah, at this point, I'd say that it's fairly likely that Ash will get more than six Pokemon in this series. He caught three Pokemon in a relatively short span of time, two of which were fully evolved, and we're still basically in the early stages of PM. This would allow for Ash to potentially get more Galar Pokemon, which would be awesome since there are plenty of new Pokemon that I'd want to get some kind of attention in the anime, and it would be an easy way to write around his reserves. He'll probably still bring out the Kanto starters because they're so marketable, or at the very least Charizard because Charizard. As cool as it would be to see some of his older Pokemon getting a chance to shine too, I wouldn't be surprised if the writers largely ignore them since that is unfortunately pretty standard.

I’d love if they did that so long as they could do it more competently this time around. With Sakuragi Lab being their home base, it gives Ash a lot easier of a time with rotating his Pokémon compared to past regions.

I just wonder where Grookey fits into all this. Surely it's going to Ash or Gou at some point (assuming this series doesn't get canceled due to covid), right?

Also, I can totally see Galarian Farfetch'd/Sirfetch'd belonging to some random CotD.

I just wonder where Grookey fits into all this. Surely it's going to Ash or Gou at some point (assuming this series doesn't get canceled due to covid), right?

Also, I can totally see Galarian Farfetch'd/Sirfetch'd belonging to some random CotD.

The series most certainly won't be cancelled due to the virus situation. While I don't know if the production staff can go back to their usual work environments anytime soon, I would hope that they're using this time to figure out how to resume production and keep everyone safe at the same time. Doing animation work could be done at home, although at most likely a slower speed, but doing voice recording might be more difficult and tricky to figure out right now.

Just to touch the mimey situation. For me, it is even worse, because Muk and Kingler were at Oak's, and you could say they trained with the other pokémon at the ranch, but mimey? Unless he was a wife beater and Delia was it's punching bag, don't really see it training to reach that point.
Now to the future. I think this series will have Ash catch pokémon, but also bringing old ones. Perhaps like the battle frontier arc, and each battle might be a surprise. This seems like a great opportunity to evolve some previous mons, gible for example, and if they don't do it, I really don't see how a better opportunity may come to fruition.

Just to touch the mimey situation. For me, it is even worse, because Muk and Kingler were at Oak's, and you could say they trained with the other pokémon at the ranch, but mimey? Unless he was a wife beater and Delia was it's punching bag, don't really see it training to reach that point.
Now to the future. I think this series will have Ash catch pokémon, but also bringing old ones. Perhaps like the battle frontier arc, and each battle might be a surprise. This seems like a great opportunity to evolve some previous mons, gible for example, and if they don't do it, I really don't see how a better opportunity may come to fruition.

Woah, that went dark really fast there.
As for Mimey gaining experience... Who knows, maybe Delia has been cooking up Charizard Class Curry at home for more than 20 years :wynaut:

I'm expecting Satoshi to lose against Corni. He's been on a victory spree so far and she's the perfect candidate to stop him. It's also seems early for him to be Super Class and it would be boring to see him defeat Corni a second time.

I'm expecting Satoshi to lose against Corni. He's been on a victory spree so far and she's the perfect candidate to stop him. It's also seems early for him to be Super Class and it would be boring to see him defeat Corni a second time.
If they cared about it being boring to see the same outcome they wouldn't have given Alain three victories over Ash that all ended in Megazard beating Greninja. :p
Is having three wins in a row really some crazy spree that needs to be stopped and is advancing out of the "chaff" category early on really a problem?

Last edited:
If they cared about it being boring to see the same outcome they wouldn't had given Alain three victories over Ash that all ended in Megazard beating Greninja
That was the Championship match.
Is having three wins in a row really some crazy spree that needs to be stopped and is advancing out of the "chaff" category early on really a problem?
Three? He's been on a winning spree ever since Alola Pokémon League.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom