• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokefinder Club?

Mitchman

Simpler times ahead
Reaction score

View: https://youtu.be/8Nt5H6QDvF0

Removed the speculation tone of the thread from speculation to confirmed info, kinda have to consideribg I was wildly off mark on what it is. So far we know:
-Take photos with any Pokemob ib the Photo Club
-Outside there are special circumstances where you can take pics with em before evolution.
-Don't worry abouy unlocking stuff, gamefreak made sure you don't get tired from pressing, so just beat the story or run around in circles to get stuff.

Last edited:
My ideas/predictions:

• The special models the dataminers found will be used for this instead of (or in addition to) walking pokemon
  • all 802 species, alternate forms (possibly excluding those that require a battle to trigger, like Meloetta or Mega evolutions) and Shiny pokemon will be photographed.
  • The various locations will sell some assessories and lenses, but others are found over the course of the game
  • A possible throwback to Amie might include some of the items being obtained form random drops after playing with the pokemon (Like with the backgrounds)
  • Some will be obtained after important battles.
  • The pokefinder is used for this feature :p
  • Opportunities to do this out side of the photo clubs include evolution, post victory on important battles and possibly post victory in general depending on the current pokemon's affection.
  • The pictures might show up in the End Credits, as a synthesis of ORAS chronicling the journey and Sun and Moon's own photocentic end credits.
  • Have more than one pokemon join in may or may not be possible. Photobomimg however is impossible.
  • There will be a "Hiker" frame referncing David's own Photobomb

On one hand, it's cool that they're expanding the pokefinder into a photo booth sort of thing and I've always liked the drag and drop dress up side games so I can like make my pokemon look like complete dorks. But at the same time...I expected nothing and I still feel let down.

Either way, I feel like they'll open up more photo ops and you get more meaningful points and upgrades than dealing with the Rotom dex.

I really hope that this will put an end to the Gym Theory.

Probably not considering Ryuki's Vermilion trash switch puzzle and the fact that Kahili being on a rocky background that doesn't look like the league floor at all.

Opportunities to do this out side of the photo clubs include evolution

It was said in the video that you can use the feature before the Pokemon evolves. As for the Rotom Dex thing, I'm not too sure on that considering it seems Rotom can join in on the photos.

Updated with the video and confirmed info. This thing bothers me so much.

My point was that the speculation won't end because both characters that appeared out of nowhere are now on diffrent backdrops and at least one of them is a very familiar gym puzzle.

Even though we know the lots are taken up by photo club buildings, people are still going to think "oh, maybe it's the Pewter and Vermilion gyms" or something.

I mean it isn't like the gym speculation isn't going to up and die just just like that because we know they're not what's in the empty spaces. Especially not after the trailer.

I was thinking about how it mentions that you can bring "your favourite pokemon from Sun & Moon" or something like that, and it made me wonder how long it would be until the game would be compatible with Pokemon Bank.

I was thinking about how it mentions that you can bring "your favourite pokemon from Sun & Moon" or something like that, and it made me wonder how long it would be until the game would be compatible with Pokemon Bank.
If you're talking about bringing Pokémon from SM to USUM then you should be fine with the usual link trades between the two pairs. I don't see any reason why that shouldn't work.
Yeah, it's worth wondering when these new games become Bank compatible though.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom