• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia PokéMafia [VILLAGE WIN!] (GAME OVER) mods can close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PokéMafia [VILLAGE WIN!] (post game yet to be posted)

Ah..Too bad I died! It was fun causing havoc and confusing everyone!
Pretty smart deductions, though, Gastly's Mama.
Good game everyone!

I'll soon be hosting another game, once I finish the characters and stuff

Its tough when you have an average of 2 tests per day

No you fucking won't.

Apologies for this ensuing aggression, but this was by far the shittiest mafia game I have ever had the misfortune to be a part of.

Firstly, it's been strongly discussed and confirmed at Smogon that 1 Village 2 Mafia games are broken. This was only proven further by the mafia being wiped out fast, but that's another criticism.

Now, all mafia games require activity, and a good chunk of it. When I saw half the folk not active, even after my death (which was universal fucktardery by the village failing to realise the logic behind a leader) I knew this game was gonna be terrible. My hunch was correct.

Now, Badal, I know this is your first mafia game hosted, but let me tell you from experience that godkilling due to inactivity is one of the best ways possible to fuck your game up with. You effectively gave the village their victory by godkilling a whole mafia faction, which is something the host should NEVER do under ANY circumstances.

Not that it mattered, however, since the folks here have successfully proven that BMGf Mafia CANNOT work. A lack of players leading to a short list, massive hosting mistakes as well as a complete and utter lack of coordination between villagers led to a game that may as well have never existed.

[/rant]

I think BMGf Mafia could work. I liked the set up of this game. The godkilling was pretty shitty, particularly the extent of the godkilling (as Trilobyte said, a whole faction is ridiculous)

Perhaps double mafia games are broken, but at least know we know. (Stress on the "we" because even if it was established elsewhere that doesn't mean it was here)

Next time you're starting a Mafia game, post it in your signatures and mention it to people and tell people that they have to be active. I think a single, larger Mafia would be better. Also, telling the identity of allies was stupid. If Victreebel had gone before Weezing, Weezing's fake role PM would've been pointless.

I think BMGf Mafia could work. I liked the set up of this game. The godkilling was pretty shitty, particularly the extent of the godkilling (as Trilobyte said, a whole faction is ridiculous)

Perhaps double mafia games are broken, but at least know we know. (Stress on the "we" because even if it was established elsewhere that doesn't mean it was here)

Next time you're starting a Mafia game, post it in your signatures and mention it to people and tell people that they have to be active. I think a single, larger Mafia would be better. Also, telling the identity of allies was stupid. If Victreebel had gone before Weezing, Weezing's fake role PM would've been pointless.

He actually was advertising the Mafia game in his signature until spots got filled. After the rate of signups halted, they had to reduce the roles. Also >_> the only reason I believe there was any real inactivity was because most BMGers haven't heard much of mafia before, so they don't know how it's done -> leading to inactivity.

Stop being hard on him, jeez!

You got lynched for asking for role claims, that's far from ridculous. Hell, I figured you were new just like Feng over there and just playing stupidly.

I've played and read all sorts of weird factioned games, 2 town 1 mafia, 3 mafia 1 town, 2 mafia 1 town, and all that shit. I've seen it work well before and played it well before, just because some hosts aren't imaginative enough to think of powers to counter mafia sniping at each other and still having a chance doesn't mean it can't work.

A real mafia community is hard to start, it's usually better to just have a good number of people saying "Yeah, I play on another site, I'd love to join in here" than to say "I want to host one and hope enough people sign up". The hosts weren't the best of course, but it happens with no games under your belt. Telling me there was a doctor out there told us exactly who to lynch and that wasn't a good thing.

You got lynched for asking for role claims, that's far from ridculous. Hell, I figured you were new just like Feng over there and just playing stupidly.

I've played and read all sorts of weird factioned games, 2 town 1 mafia, 3 mafia 1 town, 2 mafia 1 town, and all that shit. I've seen it work well before and played it well before, just because some hosts aren't imaginative enough to think of powers to counter mafia sniping at each other and still having a chance doesn't mean it can't work.

A real mafia community is hard to start, it's usually better to just have a good number of people saying "Yeah, I play on another site, I'd love to join in here" than to say "I want to host one and hope enough people sign up". The hosts weren't the best of course, but it happens with no games under your belt. Telling me there was a doctor out there told us exactly who to lynch and that wasn't a good thing.

Perhaps someone more experienced should co-host next game with either badal or coolking?

Probably. I'm just personally more of a fan of not running a game if you have not enough players and half of them get modkilled than running a game that doesn't turn out. Save it, come back later when there's more interest or run it on a different forum, I hate to see a game butchered like this one.

OUtside of godkilling a bunch of people, I really dont think i screwed up. Badal made alot of mistakes, such as revealing there was a BG, screweing up Flamesazer's role PM, and telling Shima he was silenced, even though I had put on the doc that vayre protected him. In the start of the game I complained he wasn't doing anything, towards the end I realized he was better off like that.

Postgame to come soon. I had alot of test as Badal said, so it may take a while, but there is only 1 more, so I am pretty much home free.

Inactivity killed the game. If I had subs I would have subbed them out, but I couldn't. Hopefully someone else could host a game, but I think Badal wants to host another one (scary thought after the first one).

edit;

postgame.

btw, I plan to play in the next game, not host it.

anyways:
1)Flamesazer - he was in a powerful role and played like a moron. He randomly killed alot of the mafia, namely rocker, who was his last real hope of surviving. He then posted the fake I gave him as a mole, which was the final nail in the coffin, considering there were 3 hookers already. I've played in games where the wolf screwed up stuff more, but this was pretty bad. On the bright side, he actually sent in his night actions :) 4/10
2)RyeKew - He was on the mafia and was alone, which made it pretty hard. THen Flamesazer screwed him over by rand killing him, which was stupid since he should have tried to contact him, considering they were both pretty much nuetrals. He wasnt bad though, he played stupendously day 1 in inconspicuously getting rid of trilobyte, but he couldnt do much else. 7/10
3)Gastly's Mama - Came in, and immediately deduced the two remaining hostile threats. WHile TFP could have had a chance due to no one realizing he was now a nuetral, he got killed by Lotus Pirate, which I will explain later. Amazing job for a sub, 10/10
4)The Golden Tyranitar - YOU HAD A CHANCE TO MOLE THE VILLAGE BUT SCREWED IT UP, USELESS.
5)Music Masato - BE ACTIVE PEOPLE
6)TheProphetJerematic - see golden t-tar
7)The Fake Psychic - Great playing, but in the end claiming to be a vig was baiting the mafia to kill you. Had you layed low one more night, GM would have been killed and you would have won. still, nice job up til then. 9/10
8)Nash - He was the vigilante, but due to lack of information, he never used his role. He got lynch pretty randomly. 3/10
9)TheDarthWater - Inactive Bastards
10)Rocker32703 - he played well, and while he was suspected, he deflected most things off. The flamesazer came in and fucked it up again, leaving lotus pirate alone. 8/10
11)lotuspirate - He doesnt have enough posts to PM, so it was hard to communicate with him. however he played well and silently until the end, where he defended himself valiently. Badal's slip about a BG tipped of the village that he was a mafia, but had his fake been a BG role He could have won the match. 9/10
12)Vayre - He really didnt protect anyone, which was stupid towards the end where GM or TFP would have been the obvious choice. He only sent in his PM twice, and really just sat and watched, not doing to much important stuff. 5/10
13)feng277394 - I think he just wanted to fuck the game up. He asked me if I would help him make a fake PM after faking a pm with shima already. He got killed before that played out though. Thank god. 6/10
14)Trilobyte - He tried to lead the village, but ryekew's excellent play stopped him completely. Not his fault at all, and I pity him for that. Hes a bit angry about the game, which is understandable. 7/10
15)Shima - Well, he got faked by Feng towards the start, and thus was under suspicion. However, he got over it. I like his role, but I cant claim to have thought of it myself. I got it from something similar in another game. He pretty much assured the win for the village, since had Nash been lynched, he would have used his role and it would be game over. 7/10

Last edited:

All of you who appear to blame me for stuff.

1stly
I did not host the game completely. Coolking503 was hosting too. I am not responsible for something someone else does.
Sorry I can't edit others' posts here.

Also, I was not the one who godkilled all the users. Infact I was against this decision for quite a while, until coolking godkilled them.
However, all of a sudden, Coolking503 (also known as arceus) appears in the clouds. He yells, "HALT!" All of a sudden, bolts of lightning fall from the sky, killing all the people who slept through the start of the game. "I want to enjoy the misery of you all, not watch you sleep!". He then leaves and you look around confused. Oh well. Sucks for them.

*I will post all of the dead players in a minute. If you died because you were inactive, sucks for you*

_______

inactive morons who died today:
List of users.

Secondly...
I made a mistake: the PM to Shima (error on my side.. cut me some slack this is my first game hosting)

Thirdly
My other flamesazer role pm mistake was, when he died, I posted only half of his PM editing the whole thing in 10 min. later.
My god that affected the game big time...

Fourthly.
Why are you guys whining about how I shouldn't host? You played in it. You could have always quit. (just saying). Also, you guys should learn to appreciate the fact that I actually hosted this (so did coolking) and we actually took the initative to start something.
Though I am still going to go ahead and host another one.(maybe)

And also you guys have completely forgotten that coolking was hosting too..

thank You feng for appreciating me.

And to the rest of you:
Do as you wish.

Don't blame it on someone else. You two were hosting, and you two should have made decisions together, and you should take the blame together. I wasn't talking to anyone specific.

My comment was not meant as an insult to you or coolking, Badal.

Anyway, to me it looked like the person blaming you most was coolking himself. Personally, I'd be happy for you guys to host a game again and I'd play but it needs to be advertised better and the players need to be vetted better. I understand that was difficult when hosting the game for the first time but it should be a little bit easier the second time.

Anyway, if you two do want to host a game together you need to iron out your issues with each other first. At the moment you're too much at loggerheads.

Don't blame it on someone else. You two were hosting, and you two should have made decisions together, and you should take the blame together. I wasn't talking to anyone specific.

I am not.
I am saying I did make some mistakes yes.
But you all have no right to assume coolking503 and me as ONE

He is different, he made mistakes that I WAS BLAMED FOR thus the post.

I think the point of the thread is over...
I am going to ask a mod to close this thread.

GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom