• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon 3 on iTunes-What a difference marketing (and a price drop) makes!

Yoshi1001

Statistical Anomaly
Reaction score
Many of you may recall that earlier this year the third Pokémon movie was released as a digital download (in HD for Apple TV users) on the iTunes store. Once a week or so, I check the Kids and Family charts (where the movie is ranked) to see how it’s doing. Typically, the movie floats between 80 and 120 on the general sales and rental charts, and somewhat better on the catalog charts. Imagine my surprise when I checked this morning and found it was up to 27 (32 as I write this) on sales, roughly the same on rental, and in the low double digits (14 as I write this) in catalog. The only logical assumption is that the movie was on some sort of promotional list, and lo and behold it was, having been dropped in price from 9.99 to 4.99 (additionally, it was on a list of movies suggested for ages 5-7-anyone else feel old here?).

To be fair, many of the other movies on the 4.99 list also appear near the top of the charts, and I don’t know where they were before being featured (perhaps the positions are proportional to the normal ones). Still of the 40 featured movies, Pokémon 3 appears to be roughly 8th.

Thoughts? Conjecture? Insight? Rampant speculation?

Is the movie in widescreen, and does it come the Pichu short? If so, I might check it out. Oh, and I'm glad it's doing well.

Is the movie in widescreen, and does it come the Pichu short? If so, I might check it out. Oh, and I'm glad it's doing well.

The run time is 1:31, so I believe it does include the short. The trailer included is in widescreen, and it's available in HD (on Apple TV), so I would assume yes.

Oh that's good it's doing well- I didn't even know it was available on itunes!

They dropped the price to 4.99? Awesome. Now I may actually buy it next time I decide to splurge on an iTunes giftcard.

I just bought it, and it does have the short and is in widescreen.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom