• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokemon 4ever and Pokemon Heroes are going to be re-released on DVD by Echo Bridge!

Re: Pokemon 4ever and Pokemon Heroes are going to be re-released on DVD by Echo Bridg

Well after a slightly nervous 3-week wait from Amazon, I can confirm that the Heroes/Deoxys Blu-Ray is region free. I'm watching Heroes in all its widescreen, blue-tinged glory.

Re: Pokemon 4ever and Pokemon Heroes are going to be re-released on DVD by Echo Bridg

I'm watching Heroes in all its widescreen,

Yaaaaaaay!

blue-tinged

Naaaaaaay...

Meh... in any case, I already bought the DVDs for both movies (although I do wish my Heroes DVD had the whole movie in widescreen). Good for those who haven't, though.

I was wondering, did they (or will they) re-release Pokemon Heroes and Destiny Deoxys on DVD? Or was it just Blu-Ray?

If it's on DVD and widescreen, that would be great. I already have the old DVDs, but I'd definitely buy these movies again. Cause I want widescreen!! =)

Sorry Lisa, but the widescreen re-release is Blu-Ray only.

Yeah, that's what it looks like. All four Miramax movies were re-released on DVD, too... but it looks like those were fullscreen again, and without the special features from the original releases.

Even the DVDs don't have the special features? That's really lame, couldn't they just reprint the older editions?

I'm baffled as to why a company would think it's a good idea to release a cropped-to-fullscreen movie in the year 2011.

Yeah, especially since there's no doubt that Echo Bridge has widescreen prints of the films seeing as they're putting them on the Blu-Ray versions.

The Deoxys movie looks much better than Heroes due to the lack of blue, and as far as I can tell it's still the cinematic version, and not the CGI-tastic Japanese DVD version... although even that version uses a lot of CGI stuff.

Heroes looked somewhat less jarring if I set my TV to a "warm" display setting, but god only knows why TPCi/Miramax have and use this print of the film.

I'm baffled as to why a company would think it's a good idea to release a cropped-to-fullscreen movie in the year 2011.

Apparently 4ever re-release was widescreen.

Sorry Lisa, but the widescreen re-release is Blu-Ray only.
Wow, that's lame... :/

I don't see why they did that. Not everyone has Blu-Ray players.

Oh well. At least the Pokemon 4Ever re-release is widescreen. Which leads me to another question. Are these Pokemon re-releases sold in stores like Walmart? Or are they online only?

Sometimes I question the mental capacity of Miramax when I watch Pokemon Heroes. If the Japanese Version didn't have the blue tint, why go through the trouble of kicking the movie in the teeth by putting it there and refusing to fix it, even after this re-release?

Sometimes I question the mental capacity of Miramax when I watch Pokemon Heroes. If the Japanese Version didn't have the blue tint, why go through the trouble of kicking the movie in the teeth by putting it there and refusing to fix it, even after this re-release?

It may have been a conscious choice. Also, whoever handled the rerelease may not have been aware of the issue (it did come out about 8 years ago). It would be interesting to find out if there were any other films processed around the same time with similar issues.

Which leads me to another question. Are these Pokemon re-releases sold in stores like Walmart? Or are they online only?

I've seen varying availability. I did see the Blu-Ray for sale at my local B&N.

It's in widescreen on Netflix if you're interested.

Last edited:

I know I bring this up a lot, but my 2003 4Ever disc was in widescreen, so this doesn't surprise me...

Well, looks like Echo Bridge is determined to release every conceivable permulation of these four movies.

Amazon.com: Pokemon: Destiny Deoxys & Pokemon Jirachi: Wish: Movies & TV

For completion's sake, hopefully 4Ever and Jirachi: Wish Maker gets a double Blu-Ray release as well. It still baffles me how inconsistent they are, though. Movies 4 and 7 are widescreen on DVD, 5 and 6 aren't - but 5 is in widescreen on Blu-Ray. I also find it hard to believe that the "Collector's Set" actually tries to cram 4 movies onto one disc. Can someone actually confirm that? Amazon's listing's for Pokemon DVDs are plagued with inaccuracies.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Well, looks like Echo Bridge is determined to release every conceivable permulation of these four movies.

Amazon.com: Pokemon: Destiny Deoxys & Pokemon Jirachi: Wish: Movies & TV

For completion's sake, hopefully 4Ever and Jirachi: Wish Maker gets a double Blu-Ray release as well. It still baffles me how inconsistent they are, though. Movies 4 and 7 are widescreen on DVD, 5 and 6 aren't - but 5 is in widescreen on Blu-Ray. I also find it hard to believe that the "Collector's Set" actually tries to cram 4 movies onto one disc. Can someone actually confirm that? Amazon's listing's for Pokemon DVDs are plagued with inaccuracies.

If you haven't found out about the Collector's Set, I ordered it and should have it by the 30th along with the blu-ray of M05 and M07. I'll let you know the details about them

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Is the DVD of Pokemon 4Ever really in widescreen?
I'm asking because my original Pokemon 4Ever DVD is only in fullscreen.
If it is, then I'll definitely buy it and Destiny Deoxys. Cause none of my Pokemon DVDs are widescreen.

It's not widescreen on the American DVD, but I've heard that the Australian DVD has the proper aspect ratio.

The original Miramax DVD isn't in widescreen, but the Echo Bridge DVD of Pokemon 4Ever is. And yes, the Australian DVD of movie 4 is in widescreen, but it's been out of print for a couple of years now.

The Echo Bridge DVD is Widescreen? Heck yes! I'm totally getting it then! ^_^

Thanks Thingamajig. =)

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom