• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokemon 4ever and Pokemon Heroes are going to be re-released on DVD by Echo Bridge!

Pokeyug

Ash Freak!
Reaction score
I was just looking at the new Pokemon releases on Amazon.com when I found these new releases:

http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-4Ever...ef=sr_1_4?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1298591571&sr=1-4

http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Heroe...ef=sr_1_6?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1298591571&sr=1-6

http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-4Ever...ef=sr_1_5?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1298591571&sr=1-5

Pokemon Heroes will be released first on April 12, 2011, followed by a double pack of it with 4ever on April 19, 2011. The last one to be released will be 4ever by itself on April 26, 2011.

Are these movies going to be re-released in widescreen? If not, I wonder why Miramax is having Echo Bridge re-release movies from a franchise that they don't even have the rights to any more, especially when the original releases are still in production.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Re: Pokemon 4ever and Pokemon Heroes are going to be re-released on DVD by Echo Bridg

Huh, it's cheap too.

Wonder why they are releasing it so randomly.

Re: Pokemon 4ever and Pokemon Heroes are going to be re-released on DVD by Echo Bridg

Its probably just the same format just re-released.

Didn't they re-release the first 3 movies in a triple pack only a year ago?

I also fail to see how this is big news. Anyone who wanted to see these movies already did over a decade ago.

Didn't they re-release the first 3 movies in a triple pack only a year ago?

That's correct (though in that case it was WB since they owned the rights to the first three movies).

When they finally listen to what we want out of this DVD releases, THEN will it be real news.

You can find this two for $5-$10 at Borders, Walmart and TRU. =/

Probably nothing I need to consider buying unless they have something special included with them.

Nice. Pokemon Heroes is one of my all time favourite Pokemon movie. Pokemon 4ever on the other hand? Not so much.

soo.. in australia we have

Pokemon season 1 to 11 in complete box set form

and..
we have Pokemon movie 1 - 12 in dvd's here :D you guys are getting it way late hehe

We don't have movies 6 or 7, and 1-3 have been out of print for years.

This is a re-release. Those two movies have been available in the US since soon after their original release.

We don't have movies 6 or 7, and 1-3 have been out of print for years.

This is a re-release. Those two movies have been available in the US since soon after their original release.

um yes gametraders have movies 1-3 and toys r us

and i brought movies 6-7 from kmart yesterday i have the whole Pokemon collection :D every box set and battle dimesnion collection and all the movies :D

These re-releases won't be worth it if they aren't in the proper aspect ratio and the color on Heroes isn't fixed.

I'd definitely buy these re-releases, especially if they're in widescreen. =D

Please let them be widescreen!!

As far as I know, they haven't released any of the 4Kids-dubbed movies in widescreen yet (not in the US at least). Maybe these DVDs could be the first 4Kids-dubbed movies to be in widescreen? I hope so, cause that would be awesome. =)

um yes gametraders have movies 1-3 and toys r us

and i brought movies 6-7 from kmart yesterday i have the whole Pokemon collection :D every box set and battle dimesnion collection and all the movies :D

Wow, I haven't seen a DVD copy of any of the first 3 movies in years. I was sure they were out of print. I occasionally see 4Ever and Heroes in shops, though. Considering they were published by Disney (who owns Miramax) and have the same special features, and are in 4:3, they're probably the same release as the US. Maybe if a new publisher's got the rights in the US, Magna might pick up the Aus distribution rights.

But there isn't, and never has been an Australian release of the Jirachi or Deoxys movies.

Wow. That's weird how Australia doesn't have movies 6 and 7, but they have all the seasons.

In the US, we have all the movies on DVD, but they didn't release boxsets for seasons 3,4,7, and 8. =/

Seasons 7 and 8 are understandable because you can buy individual volumes of them. Season 4 has volumes as well (they're just a little hard to find). But with season 3 not getting a boxset, that wasn't understandable at all, because you can't find any US Johto Journeys DVDs.

Last edited:

Yeah, it's mostly to do with the publishing rights.

Warner Brothers still has the rights to the first three movies and Mewtwo Returns, Disney has the rights to movies 4-7 (Miramax's movies in the US) and the movies that Pokemon USA/TPCi produced themselves (Lucario movie onwards) are handled by the same company that publishes the episode box sets, Magna Pacific, which is why Lucario and the Mystery of Mew onwards are the only movie DVDs currently in wide circulation here (and also why the Australian LATMOM DVD is widescreen).

But Disney never released movies 6 and 7. Movie 6 got a DVD classification (because DVDs are rated like theatrical movies here) but no release ever came.

In the US, we have all the movies on DVD, but they didn't release boxsets for seasons 3,4,7, and 8. =/

They didn't really release a box set for any season... only for each "saga"/opening
Australia is apparently the only place that did what should be - box sets by the official real seasons and one full box set for each season instead of spreading them to 2 or more box sets
If I only had the money and the ability to order stuff from the internet, I'd totally buy the Australian box sets... too bad that if I ever get money and possibility to order, it'll probably be out of print by that time... I really want it :(

Yeah, it's mostly to do with the publishing rights.

Warner Brothers still has the rights to the first three movies and Mewtwo Returns, Disney has the rights to movies 4-7 (Miramax's movies in the US)

Sort of. There's actually some events that muddy things up a bit here:

-The 3-Movie DVD collection came out in 2009. Mysteriously, Amazon stopped selling it directly right around the tenth anniversary of The First Movie coming out in America.
-Last year, iTunes started selling the second movie in late May. In late July (again, right around the time of that movie's tenth US anniversary).
-In the US, there was more than a year between the last DVD release of Battle Dimension and the DVD of Arceus and the Jewel of Life.
-In late 2010, Disney divested itself of Miramax.

All this suggests that the rights to the movies may be a bit more fragmented.

If they can fix the color issue that Heroes had, then I'll definitly get that DVD, even if its still full-screen.

Sort of. There's actually some events that muddy things up a bit here:

-The 3-Movie DVD collection came out in 2009. Mysteriously, Amazon stopped selling it directly right around the tenth anniversary of The First Movie coming out in America.
-Last year, iTunes started selling the second movie in late May. In late July (again, right around the time of that movie's tenth US anniversary).
-In the US, there was more than a year between the last DVD release of Battle Dimension and the DVD of Arceus and the Jewel of Life.
-In late 2010, Disney divested itself of Miramax.

All this suggests that the rights to the movies may be a bit more fragmented.

I was talking about the Australian DVDs, of which there have been no re-releases from Warner Brothers, Disney, or anyone of the like since Movie 5 in 2004. Here, only the movie DVDs that were published by the episode DVD publisher (essentially the Australian equivalent of Viz) are still in wide circulation.

I kind of hope the shuffling of DVD publishers in the US will mean something here eventually.

I mentioned it here way back in the day, but I still find it very odd that my Pokémon 4Ever DVD is in widescreen.

The case says it's in fullscreen within the small print on the back, but when I originally got it back in 2003 it had a sticker saying "Widescreen" on it as well.

It was from a Canadian Blockbuster store and should be from the original run of American 4Ever movies.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom