• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokemon 4ever and Pokemon Heroes are going to be re-released on DVD by Echo Bridge!

Re: Pokemon 4ever and Pokemon Heroes are going to be re-released on DVD by Echo Bridg

Well...my 4Ever DVD disc has been broken for years and I've never owned heroes, so I might pick these up just to have them, even though I'd prefer widescreen and no blue tint on Heroes.

Re: Pokemon 4ever and Pokemon Heroes are going to be re-released on DVD by Echo Bridg

So the first of these releases, Pokemon Heroes, comes out today.

Anybody get a chance to pick it up? Is it in widescreen? Did they fix the color issues?

Wow, they're re-releasing the hell out of these Miramax films. DVDs of the Jirachi and Deoxys movies are listed on Echo Bridge's site as May 3rd now. (the pages say "Coming Soon" but their dates are listed down the right-hand side)

Then of course there's the random Blu-Ray double... who knows what else will come of that?

So the first of these releases, Pokemon Heroes, comes out today.

Anybody get a chance to pick it up? Is it in widescreen? Did they fix the color issues?

According to reviews on Amazon it's same old crap stripped off extras. Shame.

Hmmm, that Blu Ray of movies 5 and 7 is now out, too. If someone feels the overwhelming need to go out and buy it, info on the picture quality, ratio and region coding (if applicable) would be fantastic.

Hmmm, that Blu Ray of movies 5 and 7 is now out, too. If someone feels the overwhelming need to go out and buy it, info on the picture quality, ratio and region coding (if applicable) would be fantastic.

I can't speak to the region coding-it's not printed on the boxor the disc, but it plays in my player so it must be either an "A" or "ALL". As for the discs themselves, they're pretty good other than the fact there aren't any extras and the sound is 2.0 instead of the 5.1 of the DVDs (no idea why).

That's weird. Why would they remove the extras?

The special features are on the original Pokemon Heroes and Destiny Deoxys DVDs (which I own).

It seems weird that they couldn't fit the extras on the Blu-Ray version.

That's weird. Why would they remove the extras?

The special features are on the original Pokemon Heroes and Destiny Deoxys DVDs (which I own).

It seems weird that they couldn't fit the extras on the Blu-Ray version.

Miramax actually just released a bunch of Blu-Ray double features, so I'm guessing they're all like that to save time in production. It's also possible the people designing the discs didn't have access to the side content.

So this means the disc is lacking Camp Pikachu?

You can get both together for 6.99, the same price they're selling them at seperately. Personally I didn't care for either movie, but thats still a good deal.

Aww well. I have the original DVDs still if I need that extra stuff.

It's too bad the sound quality is actually WORSE on the Blu-Ray than it was on the DVDs... I'll still probably get the Blu-Ray, but it's a bit of a disappointment.

Are the movies at least widescreen on the Blu-Ray?

Widescreen, whether Movie 5 is still blue-ish, are they true HD transfers or just upscales?

Really, guys? All you care about is sound quality? :/

They are widescreen and they are real HD transfers from what I can tell (by the time Heroes rolled around in 2003, it was probably standard procedure to do a HD scan even though Blu-Ray was quite a ways off). Movie 5 does still seem to suffer from that slight bluish tint.

Well, FilmBox channels in Europe did show movies 4 and 6-7 in HD, while 6-7 were truly HD, 4 was just an upscale and 5 didn't even get a widescreen master, so... dunno.

Well...I guess it *might* be worth it to get a widescreen version of the Deoxys movie. The dub uses the theatrical version of the film instead of the CGI'd version that's on the Japanese DVD, so this will be a good chance to get an alternate version of the movie.

Any chance anyone can check the Region Coding on the Bluray? I live in the UK and want to import it, but there's no point if its Region Locked.

For the record, the region code isn't on the box or the disc anywhere. Region-free wouldn't surpise me, however, since that's quite common throughout the industry.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom