• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokemon 4Ever coming to Blu-ray... in Germany (And UK)

Thingamajig

Collects stuff
Reaction score
Studio Canal has taken a leaf out of Echo Bridge's book and decided to release a Pokemon double feature, but instead of the bizarre pairing of movies 5 and 7, they've gone with Pokemon 4Ever and Pokemon Heroes.

36844_medium.jpg

So of course, this marks the first release of movie 4 on Blu. Despite it being German, it's almost a sure thing that it'll have English audio, because all of the publisher's other Blu-rays do. However, it's also probably going to be region B locked (sorry America) because that's also the case with all of the publisher's releases (the French ones at least, I can't imagine why the German ones would be any different, though).

Blu-ray.com page
Pok

Amazon order page
Pokémon 4+5 (Forever Edition) [Blu-ray]: Amazon.de: DVD & Blu-ray

Despite owning the American double pack, I'll probably end up getting this, too.

Last edited:
Re: Pokemon 4Ever coming to Blu-ray... in Germany

I wonder if the subtitle error of the original German DVD is still on this bluRay ( probably not) were TR said that they want to kill Ash and his friends.

It's always good to see high definition releases for this franchise. I hope Europe is able to get the rest of the movies on Blu-Ray.

Very lucky! I'm not sure which ones of the older ones are on dvd or bluray in the US. I recently looked at my old vhs's and I only have Pokemon 4 Ever, Pokemon Heros, and Jirachi Wishmaker on vhs and Destiny Deoxys on dvd. I want all of them on dvd but I can only find the newer one from like Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea to the most recent.

All the movies are out on DVD in the U.S.

As for Blu-Ray, only Pokemon Heroes and Destiny Deoxys are available.

All the movies are out on DVD in the U.S.

As for Blu-Ray, only Pokemon Heroes and Destiny Deoxys are available.

Really? thanks! I've tried looking online for the at least the first 2 out of the older ones but I couldn't find anything. I did manage to find all of the more recent ones though. Thanks again, I'm going to keep looking around now that I know!

The movies are easy to find on DVD.

I think Mewtwo Returns might be the only one a bit difficult to find.

If you are willing to use online stores, it is VERY easy to get all the Pokemon movies on DVD.

Best Buy's website has:
1. M14 for pre-order
2. M01, M02, & M03 in a bundle (as in, all three movies on one disc)
3. M04
4. M05
5. M06
6. M07
7. M08
8. M09
9. M10
10. M11
11. M12
12. M13
13. M04 and M05 bundle (both movies on one disc)
14. M06 and M07 bundle (both movies on one disc)
15. M04, M05, M06, and M07 bundle (ALL four movies in one 2-disc package)
16. M08 and M09 bundle (both movies on one disc)
17. M05 and M07 Blu-Ray bundle

You can get Mewtwo Returns at Amazon

As for the First 3 movies separately on DVD, I don't think they are for sale anymore, so I'd try Amazon

I wish they would release ALL of the movies not bundled together in Blu-Ray (none of this M04 and M05 in one disc, I'm just not a big fan of it) and release them in Europe AND the USA AND Japan AND Australia/NZ. I HATE it when they skip entire regions with DVD releases for the Anime/movies

I wish they would release ALL of the movies not bundled together in Blu-Ray (none of this M04 and M05 in one disc, I'm just not a big fan of it) and release them in Europe AND the USA AND Japan AND Australia/NZ. I HATE it when they skip entire regions with DVD releases for the Anime/movies
I agree. Europe (particularly the UK) always get the short end of the stick with Pokemon DVDs, as we've only ever had Pokemon Chronicles, and all the movies except M7, M8 and M9. And I don't think it'd be so easy to release entire series on DVD in Japan, either.

Is the quality of the bluray M05&M07 bundle much better than the DVD versions?

I think I know why it was M05&M07 instead of M05&M06 or M06&M07. It seems that Miramax thinks that M07 is M06 (or whoever releases the DVDs in region 1), because if you look at the packaging of the M06&M07 dvd bundle, The picture of M07 comes before the image of M06

Is the quality of the bluray M05&M07 bundle much better than the DVD versions?
Better than the DVDs, but not the sort of HD quality you get from the newer movies - from what Dogasu's comparison page says the DVD of M05 is 4:3 fullscreen, so the original widescreen presentation should be reason enough for buying the Blu Ray, though there are no extras on any of the Blu Ray releases, which is the reason to get the DVDs. For M07, the quality is closer to HD, but I haven't seen the DVD

But the major problem is that Heroes still has the blue filter that it got, which is preserved on the DVD/Blu Ray releases, so we'll have to see what this German release does with Heroes - because quite apart from also including 4ever, if it had the transfer without the blue it would be worth the purchase by itself. One confirmed benefit is that the Blu-Ray.com link mentions 5.1 audio, whereas the 5/7 blu ray has just stereo.

Some screenshots of the blu-ray - Movie 7: Postimage.org / gallery - vlcsnap 2012 01 23 03h36m09s104, vlcsnap 2012 01 23 03h35m55s221 and Movie 5: Postimage.org / gallery - vlcsnap 2012 01 23 03h40m53s124, vlcsnap 2012 01 23 03h40m29s143

So this set is available in the UK, too, with different cover art.

Pok

Same studio, same English/German langauge option. What's interesting (based on what I've heard from people who have bought this set) is that Pokemon Heroes isn't blue. My copy hasn't arrived yet so I can't confirm 100%, but this is promising news.

Of course, there's also the fact that this set says it contains all of the DVD special features on the back of the box, but they're actually nowhere to be found on the discs. Win some, lose some.

Oh yeah, and it's still probably region B locked. Sorry America.

I need to get a new copy of Pokémon Heroes anyway (my lovely little brother scratched up my DVD like mad), so I'll definitely buy this when I get paid.

However, there is also this: Pokémon movies 4-7 on blu-ray. Does that release still have the blueness in Heroes? Because I do have movies 6-7 on region 1 DVD, so if this one still has it but the Studio Canal one doesn't, I'll pick that one up instead.

Still odd how they're releasing the older movies onto blu-ray, but won't give us a BD release for the Victini movies.

Last edited:
Well the 4-7 US Blu-ray is likely going to have the same version of Heroes as the the 5/7 release from last year (seeing as movies 5 and 7 are in stereo like they were on the last set and only 4/6 have surround sound), which I know for certain was tinted. So you're probably better off getting the UK release. The movies in that one are both on their own disc, so they probably look better, too.

The German blu-ray seems to be very similar to the US release (slightly brighter perhaps, but not that noticably). I've tried to take shots of the same scenes and uploaded here Postimage.org / gallery - vlcsnap 2012 04 11 18h11m10s34, vlcsnap 2012 04 11 18h13m11s245.

The Movie 4 release looks like an upconvert (or very poor HD transfer) - screenshots here - so unless the 5.1 sound is really important, I'd get the 4 pack US release and get the bonus of having the Jirachi movie.

Hmmm, guess the StudioCanal one is blue, then. I suppose I'll just stick to the US four pack. I have to get it because it's the only way I can get the Jirachi movie, and I'm not going to splurge on the StudioCanal two pack if it's missing the advertised special features and has the tinted version of Heroes.

*cancels UK order*

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom