• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon 4Ever DVD in Canada

Kirben

Reaction score
Pokemon 4Ever was only released in widescreen, along with Pikachu's PikaBoo! on DVD in Canada. Other releases (DVD release in Australia, re-release on Blu-Ray/DVD in USA) were missing Pikachu's PikaBoo!.

I'm trying to track down the old DVD release of Pokemon 4Ever in Canada, but it looks like there were two different editions (full frame and widescreen). The widescreen version is reported to have a black widescreen sticker added to the back cover, but no other differences. Does anyone have images of the front and back cover art of the widescreen DVD release in Canada? so I know exactly what to look for.

Last edited:
Pokemon 4Ever was only released in widescreen, along with Pikachu's PikaBoo! on DVD in Canada. Other releases (DVD release in Australia, re-release on Blu-Ray/DVD in USA) were missing Pikachu's PikaBoo!.

I'm trying to track down the old DVD release of Pokemon 4Ever in Canada, but it looks like there were two different editions (full frame and widescreen). The widescreen version is reported to have a black widescreen sticker added to the back cover, but no other differences. Does anyone have images of the front and back cover art of the widescreen DVD release in Canada? so I know exactly what to look for.

I have the Canadian release, unfortunately, it's the fullscreen version. How are you sure a Canadian widescreen release exists? Wouldn't Alliance use the same film masters Miramax had access to since they had the Canadian distribution rights to Miramax movies?

I have the Canadian release, unfortunately, it's the fullscreen version. How are you sure a Canadian widescreen release exists? Wouldn't Alliance use the same film masters Miramax had access to since they had the Canadian distribution rights to Miramax movies?
There are a few references to the widescreen DVD release in Canada at the Pokemon Masters web site:
Listing in the DVD Guide
Message in forums
Thread in forums

I recall references on other web sites in the past, but I can't seem to find them now.

The widescreen DVD release of Pokemon 4Ever in Canada was recently listed on eBay, the only difference is literally a round sticker stating widescreen:
$_57.JPG

Sorry if this is late, but I noticed the image link from 2016 is dead. I managed to locate one of these copies on eBay today, which included the black sticker in question.

IqkSeKs.jpg

I also own the fullscreen DVD as well as the Blu-ray, which is widescreen but stretched. When this arrives in the mail, I'll provide a comparison of the three versions here.

I manage to get the widescreen DVD release from Canada awhile back too, unfortunately the Pikachu short (Pikachu's PikaBoo!) is still cropped to 4:3, so it doesn't seem to offer any real advantage at all.

I manage to get the widescreen DVD release from Canada awhile back too, unfortunately the Pikachu short (Pikachu's PikaBoo!) is still cropped to 4:3, so it doesn't seem to offer any real advantage at all.
That's a shame, but at least the actual movie is in widescreen. I own the four-film Blu-ray but that seems to have weird stretching, like it's fullscreen scaled to widescreen. I've searched for this on eBay on and off for several years, and finally found it today.

I can't wait for the day TPCi finally gets the license back for these movies so it can be given a proper Blu-ray release. I just wish we had a better idea to how much longer that wait will be.

It took well over a month, but it FINALLY arrived. Took a few screenshot comparisons, and I was surprised to see small differences between the Canadian DVD and Echo Blu-ray. Also included the American DVD, but let's be fair, it's the inferior choice of the three.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom