• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon #666

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another alternate form of Giratina

Conspiratorial theories aside, it's safe to assume that if Game Freak doesn't reference the myth, you can bet that people will find some way to make a meme out of it.

I will laugh so hard if it ends up being the new Zubat.

Giritina has no relation to the devil at all! He's base don Anti-Matter this is stated by GF themselves and is in Platinum

Hmm, honestly I think they wouldn't care that much about the number. For them, it'll bring controversy from religious groups, but nothing more than that (except maybe it'll become an internet meme). And even though I'm a Catholic, I don't really know which one is the bad number (616 or 666, there have been many debates on it), and honestly I don't care if a Pokemon was numbered 666, its a Pokemon creature just the same.

Well, let's see... #666 would be #17 in the next Regional 'Dex, its counterparts in the other Regional 'Dexs would then be:

Spr_4d_017.png
Spr_4h_168.png
Spr_4p_268.png
Spr_4p_403_m_s.png
Spr_5b_511.png

But Like I said Pokemon 666 will be an early Pokemon that will probibly be ignored (I was one off damn)Otherwise it will be in Meme only unless they do a DemiDevimon like Pokemon.
Let's hope its that region's Bidoof and looks just as derp. Let the memetic mutation begin :cool:

Seriously, WHO CARES ABOUT THE NUMBER??

Its just a number. It might mean anything, but it's still a number.

LETS GROW UP!!!

Seriously, WHO CARES ABOUT THE NUMBER??

Its just a number. It might mean anything, but it's still a number.

LETS GROW UP!!!
*raises eyebrow*

That doesn't mean there won't be an interesting Pokemon associated with it, so don't run around accusing us all of being immature for discussing the possibility. :sweat:

*raises eyebrow*

That doesn't mean there won't be an interesting Pokemon associated with it, so don't run around accusing us all of being immature for discussing the possibility. :sweat:

But we talking about 666
That's what we're talking bout...666
Whats the point?
We have eppy 666 and we have pokemon # 666
Big Deal, wah-wah

But we talking about 666
That's what we're talking bout...666
Whats the point?
We have eppy 666 and we have pokemon # 666
Big Deal, wah-wah
No, actually, that's not what we're talking about, we're talking about the future Pokemon with the 'dex number 666 - not the number itself. There's a (very important) distinction.

I doubt anything out of the ordinary will occur with Pokemon #666. Nothing has ever been done in the past of that nature. The number 13, which some people call unlucky or bad, wasn't given to a specific pokemon for that reason, it was given to Weedle.

Hmmm, maybe they did assign Weedle to #13 for that reason :)

I doubt anything out of the ordinary will occur with Pokemon #666. Nothing has ever been done in the past of that nature. The number 13, which some people call unlucky or bad, wasn't given to a specific pokemon for that reason, it was given to Weedle.

Hmmm, maybe they did assign Weedle to #13 for that reason :)
Nothing? Really? Try scrolling up and clicking the links. They did it, just not with Western-relevant numbers.

I don't see it becoming a big deal, but there are people that will think of it highly than it should. Isn't there a chance that it exists now in BW but won't be revealed until the third version?

I don't see it becoming a big deal, but there are people that will think of it highly than it should. Isn't there a chance that it exists now in BW but won't be revealed until the third version?
Considering the game's been hacked to see all event Pokemon, no.

Unless of course they're hiding around twenty other Pokemon, but I doubt it.

I predict Pokémon #666 will be incredibly ordinary, i.e. the Goldeen of its generation. Then its numbering will make it become an internet meme.
That's almost definitely going to happen, judging by GameFreak's catious 'obliviousness' in the past, and, well, the Internet.

I've got to start thinking of a meme name...

They will ignore it and just make it a pokemon. Also, about the Arceus thing: I truely believe that it is based around Greek Mythos WAY more than people say, you know, because people are idiots. OH WAIT! Just about every religion and myth have some "all-divine" creator.

The truth is...you can probably fill this chart:
http://chaos1.hypermart.net/fullsize/mythfs.gif
with pokemon. And have about the same idea come out.

The only Pokemon I knew had significant numbers are Spiritomb and Archeos. Spiritomb is associated with the number 108, and Archeos's National Dex number and Base Stat Total is 567. However, if there will be something significant with 666, I guess that Pokemon will be a Dark type, and it's not impossible either, as we had Poochyena and Choroneko as early Dark Pokemon anyway. As for me, I feel that the number is treated like an ordinary number, like any other Pokemon. I mean, 100 and multiples of it are significant numbers, but the Pokemon doesn't seem to have some significance behind them to guarantee their association with the number.

Thanks for reading.

I think that they will ignore it and make it a normal Pokémon, to avoid any potential controversy.

I think they'll just pass over the number like its nothing but an ordinary Pokemon. However, if the pattern goes starters->early mammal->early bird->early bug->"Poocheyena" dark type, we would have number 666. If this was an opossum, I would be very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom