• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon #666

Status
Not open for further replies.
They *could* potentially have a Dark/Psychic/Ghost poke at #17. But to avoid controversies, probably gonna be some "angelic" poke.

They *could* potentially have a Dark/Psychic/Ghost poke at #17. But to avoid controversies, probably gonna be some "angelic" poke.
Ignoring the fact that its likely an early-game nobody and that the only time they did take significant numbers into account, they used the regional dex since that's what's most relevant on the first play-through, its not like the devil we all like to think of wasn't angelic at one point.

Again, since it won't be significant in terms of the Regional dex and that its so early and random, it would likely be a demon bidoof.

They will ignore it. We dont even know that the next region will be america based so it could be anything. Africa, India, etc... so, im not sure those cultures even aknoledge that numer has any significance. They have no obligation at all to reference that little superstition. They dont do stuff for other holidays, its a game people, it dosent need to be so true to life, its not supposed to be

Meh. I don't think Christian numbers are as...important? in Japanese pop culture, so it probably won't be eventful.
But, by my calculations:

650, 651, 652 - Grass starter
653, 654, 655 - Fire Starter
656, 657, 658 - Water starters
659, 660 - Local mammal-Rattata thing
661, 662, 663 - Local bird
664, 665, 666 - Local bug

So, #666 will probably be our local bug-buddy :S

Also, I suspect this Pokemon will reach memetic status very quickly when it appears.
Also also, if 616 is the actual number, then Chobomaki is the devil.

I think they will completely ignore it. Most people in Japan are Tao and Buddhist, and I don't think anybody will pay attention to it. Besides, the more they try to hide it, the more controversy it'll bring.

but, if there coincidentally happens to be a red pokemon with wings and horns, well then they can just kiss their business in the US good bye, lol.

The Spiritomb / 108 thing is really interesting, thanks for sharing!

And everyone seems to forget Game Freak is a Japanese company, and they have entirely different cultural superstitions than the predominantly Judeo-Christian America, Australia, and Europe.
For instance, the number 4 is considered unlucky because it is pronounced similar to death. Pokémon 444 is...Gabite. I don't think they'll do anything special for 666.

They should have a pokemon called "devisudo" and be fire and ghost type! lol jk. I honestly don't think there will be anything special for #666.

When japanese people try to be cool and make references to western cultures, they always end prejudicated.... Mr.Satan for example, poor anime producers, they only wanted innocently to hint that Mr.Satan was an evil willed person, and they ended up being sued by every crazy catholic mothers that saw their kids watching the show
O.O It's a good thing I don't watch the anime.

Hercuel? Yeah they changed his name in the English Dub of DBZ... I didn't know his name was different for a long time... He isn't evil though (Unless the anime shows him drastically different the Manga does)

wait... We currently have 648 Pokemon... Grass will be 649-651 Fire will be 652-654 And Water will be 655-657

Pokemon 666 will probibly be the Early Bug or Bird or Possibly Early Rodent... Nothing Special. Plus Digimon had DemiDevimom Devimon LadyDevimon Skullsatamon MarineDevimon. They never got into to much trouble why would pokemon?

Digimon isn't as widely known.

They should have a pokemon called "devisudo" and be fire and ghost type! lol jk. I honestly don't think there will be anything special for #666.

That would be awesome. :O Though I'd prefer Fire/Dark

I'm sure they will make it an ordinary pokémon like bidoof or magikarp to avoid controversies.*prepares for an internet meme about it*.

Let's not get into debates on other anime.

Watch it be the most tiny, cute, and fluffy thing in all of Pokemon. I would laugh. Hard.

It would be awesome, though, if that same Pokemon has an ability that activates below 50% health, changing it into a fire-breathing, ripped, monstrosity with a BST of 1000.

Yes, it's very meme-worthy.

Then there's the idea that GameFreak pulls a Victini on the National Dex and leaves out the #666 altogether. But you know, then people would still complain; "OMArceus there's no Pokemon 666, so that must mean it is a glitch Pokemon, which means.. WTFutachimuarBBPokabu?! ITS THE POKEDEVIL" Or something like that.

Pokemon #420 never got anything special. lol

Anyways, I doubt that Gamefreak would include a devil-like figure as pokemon number six hundred sixty six.

Gamefreak is a japanese company, I doubt that they believe in the devil.

Even if they did, pokemon may not even go up to 666.

The most that could be done is probably a tauros evo.

Ryu Shoji said:
It's never said in the games that Arceus = God. All Arceus is said to have created is Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit.

Let's take a look at in-game things. Specifically, the PokeDex.

Diamond PokeDex said:
It is described in mythology as the Pokémon that shaped the universe with its 1,000 arms.
Pearl PokeDex said:
It is told in mythology that this Pokémon was born before the universe even existed.
Platinum PokeDex said:
It is said to have emerged from an egg in a place where there was nothing, then shaped the world.
HGSS PokeDex said:
According to the legends of Sinnoh, this Pokémon emerged from an egg and shaped all there is in this world.

All the PokeDex entries seem to agree that Arceus created not only the lake/dragon trio and the Shinnoh region, but also the entire world and universe. He's god of the Pokemon world, all right, even if it's not stated directly by an NPC.

004Charmander.png

#4 - Evil!(?)

I don't really think Game Freak would put in a devil pokemon just to be 666. But, if they were to theme pokemon around National Dex numbers, it would be cool to see a top evo of a slot-machine-style pokemon for entry #777

Again, since it won't be significant in terms of the Regional dex and that its so early and random, it would likely be a demon bidoof.

I have rendered your prediction in graphical form!

demon-bidoof.png

Wow, I was completely ninja'd.

Almost everybody said something about GF being a jap company, and having different beliefs.

Wow, I was completely ninja'd.

Almost everybody said something about GF being a jap company, and having different beliefs.
True, but you don't have to believe something to allude to it for the sake of gimmick (which, I believe, GameFreak does fairly often).

True, but you don't have to believe something to allude to it for the sake of gimmick (which, I believe, GameFreak does fairly often).

You mean like, if US made Pokemon games, and possibly included a Greek god/goddess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom