• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon #666

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean like, if US made Pokemon games, and possibly included a Greek god/goddess?
Yes, something along those lines - we don't (most Westerners, anyway) worship Greek deities, but we allude to them often in media.

It would be pretty cool, but my mom might throw a tantrum. Japan doesn't want a million moms complaining and ruining their business. :/

It would be pretty cool, but my mom might throw a tantrum. Japan doesn't want a million moms complaining and ruining their business. :/
Yet they portray ten-year-old girls in bikinis... :sweat:

bikini.jpg

Somehow I don't think they're overly careful about offending mothers.

Maybe it will be something like Choroneko. A dark early route thing.

I have also been thinking about this.
But, I think they will just ignore the number.

Recent scientific research shows that the real devils number was much more likely to be 616 (i.e 666 was a mistranslation), in which case Chobomaki is Satan.

Recent scientific research shows that the real devils number was much more likely to be 616 (i.e 666 was a mistranslation), in which case Chobomaki is Satan.

However true this might be, 666 is more widely known to people a the Devil's number. It's been featured prominently in popular culture. Iron Maiden wrote a freakin' song about it. I know Pokémon #666 will be nothing special simply because people who put things in numerical order pay little to no attention to where they are. Ever flipped to page 666 in a textbook? It's never anything interesting.

However true this might be, 666 is more widely known to people a the Devil's number. It's been featured prominently in popular culture. Iron Maiden wrote a freakin' song about it. I know Pokémon #666 will be nothing special simply because people who put things in numerical order pay little to no attention to where they are. Ever flipped to page 666 in a textbook? It's never anything interesting.

I honestly can't say that I haven't. :-D

Can someone explain this 666 thing? Is it an american thing?

After all the previous controversies and stuff? I don't think so.

#666 will be just one in the group of the new Pokémon, nothing special. They'll treat it like any other number. Especially because it will be fairly early in the Pokédex.

Might be some kind of Fire pokemon, possibly dual Fire/Dark, or Dark/Fire

I'd prefer a general demon as opposed to a specifically satanic pokemon as Giratina already fills that role.

(616 is the real number of the devil, btw)

The next Tentacool or Zubat.

It's never said in the games that Arceus = God. All Arceus is said to have created is Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit.

Actually you could easily make the case that since less christian people in the western world see it as such and think of 666 as the devil's number theb really, for them, it is.

a lot of stuff have been numbered 666... it's possible that they allude to this superstition, but maybe they won't either. 4, 13, and 14 have had bad connotations too, and neither of them was referenced in some sort of way (or probably because those numbers were just too common)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom