• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon: A New Sinnoh Champion (PG-13) (IC) [OPEN]

Torpoleon

Reaction score
Decided to start the RPG with the players we currently have, but I will be keeping sign ups open still if anyone else wants to join! First post should be about your character getting ready and heading to Sandgem Town

Today was the big day! Zach and Adrianna were going to start their journey. The two of them took a plane from Littleroot Town to Sandgem Town and were currently staying at a hotel in Sandgem Town. They had just arrived the night before, so they weren't too familiar with the town. Zach was actually still sleeping while Adri was in the bathroom putting on makeup.

"Zachy, wake up!" Adri called from the bathroom, figuring that he was still sleeping. There was no response, so she sighed. When she finished putting on bright red lipstick, she walked out of the bathroom and saw him still sleeping in their bed.

"Time to wake up, cutie," Adri said as she gave him a big kiss on the cheek, leaving a visible lipstick mark on his cheek. He didn't seem to move, so she leaned in again. Before she could land a kiss, Zach woke up, put his arms around her and pulled her onto the bed.

"Good morning beautiful," He said as he started kissing her on the lips. She kissed him back and couldn't help but giggle at how romantic he was being. For a moment, they both forgot why they were here in the first place.

Eventually, Adri pulled back as she needed to continue getting ready. "Sorry Zachy, we'll continue this another time. I still need to put on my nailpolish." She blew him a kiss as she headed back to the bathroom.

Zach, meanwhile, got out of bed and walked over to the kitchen. He opened the refrigerator and didn't see anything he'd want to eat. As he closed it, he noticed muffins on the counter, so he grabbed one. He headed over to the couch and turned on the TV as he started eating his little breakfast. The program on TV was an interview with the now retiring champion of Sinnoh, Cynthia. She revealed that she was only going to retire of the winner of the upcoming Sinnoh League could beat her in a full battle!

Amie had been waiting for this day since she arrived to Sinnoh. She could barely contain her excitement. Amie hastily packed what she needed and blazed out the door. She rushed towards Sandgem Town as if she were being chased by a grumpy Ursaring, and tripped over herself when she finally arrived.

Raphael was very, VERY happy to go to Sinnoh this time. He went before, but that wasn't this time. This time, he would become what he thought was a true Pokemon Trainer, catch all the Pokemon species in that region, battle most of the other trainers, if not all, and finally, FINALLY, prove himself and take down the Sinnoh League AND Cynthia once and for all. He worried though... what if there were others like Team Rocket in his own region, in that region? what if there were remains of the old enemies that got beaten down by others multiple times.... By then, he landed in Sinnoh, and He popped back up all over again! He rushed out first thing, and got a hotel to stay in for 1 night. He slept soundly, and woke up the next day. He rushed over, finishing his breakfast halfway there. then, he waited patiently for the professor to open his doors.

While a part of Violet was happy to be getting a Pokémon, she would be lying if she said that she wasn’t nervous. She was able to get a hotel room to make sure that she could get to the lab bright and early, but had trouble sleeping, she blamed that on the challenge ahead of her, and having to go through one of her least favorite places in the world, Eterna Forest, on her way to Sandgem Town.

While Violet forced herself to wake up at what she thought was an early enough time, she ended up getting distracted by an interview with the current Champion on TV. Making up for lost time, she skipped breakfast and rushed through her morning routine, before quietly making her way out the door.

Upon arriving at the lab, she noticed that a few other trainers had arrived. Not wanting to bring any attention to herself, Violet pulled her hood up and kept her distance, waiting for the professor to open the doors.

Just before Adri could put on nailpolish, Zach burst into the bathroom, nearly scaring her to death.

"Adri! The winner of the Sinnoh League gets to challenge Cynthia to a full battle!" He exclaimed as he looked at his girlfriend's beauty.

"Oh, really?" Adri responded, still trying to recover from when he scared her. "Do you want to give a girl some privacy?"

Zach shook his head and explained, "We need to get going. We're gonna be late!" He then grabbed her by the waist and headed out of the bathroom.

"Wait, I still need to finish getting ready!" Adri complained, but Zach wasn't listening, much to her dismay.

The two of them exited the hotel (they were on the first floor) and were greeted to a bright, sunny day.

"Wow, this is some nice weather to start a journey in," Zach commented as he turned to his girlfriend.

"I agree, but you really shouldn't have rushed me like that. Um, do you think we can go back so I can use the toilet? I really gotta pee!" Adri replied. Zach could see that she was crossing her legs tightly and kneeling over slightly.

"Come on Adri! Can't you hold it in until we get our starters? I need to go too, but I can wait. The lab is just up ahead!" Zach explained as he pointed in the direction of the building in question. He also noticed a couple of people around their age walking in and assumed they were trainers.

"Ugh, I'll try," Adri said as she blushed out of embarrassment. Zach held onto her as she still had her legs crossed and the two made their way to the lab.

Once inside, they noticed 3 other trainers sitting down, seemingly waiting to get their starters. Zach was happy to see two cute girls that he could flirt with when Adri is not around.

"Let's sit here," Adri said as she pointed to two empty chairs away from the others. Zach agreed as they each took a seat. Adri seemed more composed now, but was still sitting with legs crossed.

Shortly after the two sat down, Professor Rowan appeared along with his assistant, who was wheeling in a table filled with Poke Balls and Pokedexes.

"Good day to you all!" The professor called out. "I see that you have all responded to Champion Cynthia's request for a successor. I would like to thank all of you for coming. While I can't stay long as I have important business to attend to, please help yourself to a starter Pokemon from this table, a Pokedex and an assortment of Poke Balls to help you on your journey."

Just as quickly as he arrived, him and his assistant left through the same doors they originally entered, leaving the table available. There were cameras, so no one would be able to take more than one starter without getting caught.

"Hey, let's let some of the other trainers get their Pokemon first," Adri whispered to Zach, who seemed to be in agreement.

Violet was starting to grow restless, she was never too comfortable with crowds, and even more people have arrived at the lab. While she was planning on waiting until one of the other trainers got their Pokémon before she made her selection, the thought of just picking a Pokémon and getting out of there was growing more and more tempting.

She jumped as her thought process was interrupted by the doors to the lab slamming open, as someone stumbled inside. Violet really didn’t want to bring any attention to herself, but she took a moment to gather her thoughts. One of her main reasons for taking the Gym Challenge in the first place was to force herself out of her comfort zone. It would be difficult, but she could try to get started by at least talking to another person.

Violet gave a small wave as she forced herself to respond to the girl, “Um, H-hi!” Noticing that the trainer seemed out of breath, Violet added, “A-are you okay?”

Last edited:
After a moment, Adri stood up and said to Zach, "OK, I think I'll be fine. But I'm going to go and use the restroom here. I don't want to risk holding it in for too long." She saw a sign leading to the bathrooms and headed over there. Zach could tell that she was walking a little faster than normal and she even stopped once or twice to cross her legs.

As soon as she entered the bathroom, the main door in the lab burst open as a girl came in out of breath. She seemed cute to Zach, so he figured he would approach her since Adri just left. He got up and noticed another guy sitting around. Motioning for that guy to join them, he made his way to the two girls. On the way, he considered going to the bathroom as well, but he really wanted introduce himself to the girls.

"Hi, my name is Zach," He introduced himself, noticing that the new girl was seemingly out of breath. "Are you OK? Do you want to sit down?" He grabbed her hand, hoping to calm her down.

“Oh! That’s good! I-I mean that you aren’t hurt or anything!” Violet decided to stop there before she embarrassed herself. Shrinking into her seat, she looked around the room. She was waiting for someone else to choose a Pokémon before she did, but nobody was really showing any indication that they were going to make the first move. Violet sighed and stood up, deciding that she would go.

Without another word, she walked over to the table, before grabbing a Pokédex and a set of pokéballs. Having gotten everything she would need, it was time for the important part, choosing a Pokémon. Violet spent more than a few days wondering what Pokémon to pick, and after careful consideration decided that the best option for her would be Squirtle.

After taking his pokéball, she was looking forward to getting to meet her first Pokémon. Violet quickly glanced at the other trainers and decided to step outside to do so, thinking that it would feel awkward if she did so in front of everybody else. She walked to the door, before quickly looking back and mumbling, “Um, I’m gonna step outside.” She cringed after walking out, not sure why she felt the need to announce that to everyone.

Trying to ignore any feelings of embarrassment, Violet released the Squirtle from his pokéball and sat on her knees. “Um, Hi! I’m Violet.” She affectionately pat him on the shell, “Now what should I call you?”

Last edited:
Amie shakily stood up and slowly went over to the table. She spent a while deciding, but she eventually chose Torchic. Amie walked to her seat and brought the Torchic out of its Pokeball and onto her lap. "Hmm...I'm gonna name you Teriyaki!"

Zach watched as the two girls went to go pick their starters. He glanced over in the direction of the bathroom to see if Adri had come out yet, but she didn't. It had only been a minute or so anyways. He decided to not wait for her and went to go pick his starter.

When he arrived at the table, he already knew which starter he was going to pick. He grabbed a Poke Ball containing a Chimchar, as well as a few extra Poke Balls and put them on his belt. He grabbed a red Pokedex and put it in his jeans pocket. He figured that he would wait to take Chimchar out of its ball.

Turning back around, he noticed the girl with a Torchic sitting by herself, so he thought that would be a good time to reintroduce himself to her, and he hoped that Adri wouldn't see.

Walking over to her, he said, "That's a really cool Torchic. I don't think I caught your name earlier though. What is it?" He glanced back at the bathroom door nervously before turning his attention back to the girl.

"That's such a nice name," Zach commented as he pulled up a chair and sat close to her. "You have a really cute smile."

He glanced back at the bathroom door again and didn't see Adri before continuing. "So, where are you planning to travel to first?"

After thinking it over for longer than she would have liked, Violet asked the Squirtle, “W-would Gamera be okay?” Squirtle seemed to contemplate the name for a moment, before giving a cheerful nod. Violet smiled and gave him another pat on the shell.

Violet wasn’t sure what other Trainers did when they got their first Pokémon, but decided that quickly going over her main goals could hopefully boost his motivation for their upcoming journey, and have the bonus of helping him get to know her.

“Um, the Professor’s probably already given you an idea of what to expect, but I’m planning on having us fight to get badges so that we can enter this huge tournament where whoever wins will become the new Champion.” Violet took a deep breath, “I’m… not really the bravest person in the world, b-but I promise that I won’t let that stop me from being the Trainer that you deserve! It will be really hard, but I’m sure that if we put our hearts to it, we’ll rise to the challenge!” She finished this improvised speech by high-fiving her new Pokémon. While this seemed to motivate Gamera enough, Violet tried to ignore the lingering feelings of doubt she had in her own ability.

With the adrenaline of her “motivational speech” quickly wearing off, Violet found herself at a bit of an impasse. She thought to herself, “I… have everything I need, so maybe we should head out. But I told all these other Trainers that I was going outside, so does that they’ll expect me to come back in? Would they even care if I didn’t?” Not wanting to risk offending anyone, even if they were strangers, Violet awkwardly slipped back inside with Gamera and quietly took her original seat, distracting herself by looking over her new Pokédex.

Last edited:
"Would you like to travel with us? I'll be traveling with my girlfriend. She ran to the bathroom a little while ago, but we were going to head out after she finished and picked her starter," Zach asked Amie as he noticed the other girl reentering the lab.

"I'm sure my girlfriend would get jealous if she saw us talking together, but the less she knows, the better, right?" Zach chuckled.

Zach nodded in agreement and then glanced over at the bathroom again. He turned back to Amie and said, "Do you think you can go check on my girlfriend for me? I definitely don't want to walk into the girl's bathroom. Her name is Adrianna. She has long brown hair and she's wearing a red tube top and blue jeans. I'm gonna go grab the starter she wants in the meantime."

Zach got up and went back to the table, grabbing Chimchar's Poke Ball and some Poke Balls for Adri. He also grabbed a pink Pokedex for her before heading over to where Violet is.

"HI, my name is Zach. I don't think you told me your name earlier," He introduced himself.

Meanwhile, Adri was in the girl's bathroom waiting to use the stall. There was only one and it had to be repaired, so the maintenance crew was working on it.

"Oh come on," Adri muttered to herself as she crossed her legs very tightly. She was really worried about having an accident in her jeans. Luckily, no one else was around, but she did figure that one of the new trainers would walk in soon. She hoped they would finish working on the stall soon.

Violet had eventually put her Pokédex away, and decided to spend her time planning on where she should go. If she remembered correctly, it was a relatively straight path to Jubilife City, but there were three different routes she could take from there. One would eventually take her back to her hometown, Eterna City, but it was still fairly far away, and she didn’t really think that she was ready to go through the forest again so soon. Canalave City was an option, but she heard that the Gym Leader there was pretty tough, so she should probably hold off on going there too. “Oreburgh City it is then…” she thought to herself.

Violet was so lost in thought that she didn’t notice one of the other Trainers walk over until he introduced himself. Jumping slightly, she quickly regained her composure. Wanting to make a good first impression, she awkwardly smiled and mumbled, “U-um, Hi! I’m Violet!”

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom