• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon: A New Sinnoh Champion (PG-13) (Sign Ups & Discussion) [OPEN]

Torpoleon

Reaction score
I have tried similar RPGs on different forums, so hopefully this one takes off! It's a relatively straightforward journey RPG. I want to give people some freedom to make their own choices throughout the RPG.

RPG Thread: Pokémon: A New Sinnoh Champion (PG-13) (IC) [OPEN]

Plot:
Two years have gone by since legendary Sinnoh trainers Lucas and Dawn (aided by their friend Barry, as well as the Sinnoh Gym Leaders, Elite Four & Champion Cynthia) thwarted Team Galactic’s evil plans. Team Galactic hoped to create a “new world” by harnessing the powers of Dialga & Palkia.
Sinnoh has been at peace since then, with Lucas & Dawn exploring other regions. Cynthia has decided it is time for her to step down.
This is where you come into play. One of you will get the distinct honor of challenging Cynthia for the Sinnoh Champion title. Professor Rowan sent out notices to all cities and towns across Sinnoh about her retirement. News spread to neighboring regions of Kanto, Johto and Hoenn as well. Cynthia requested that only new trainers take on this challenge.
You were selected by Professor Rowan and will meet him at his lab to receive your Starter Pokémon. To mark this special occasion, you can pick one starter from any of the first four regions (anything from Gen 5 onward is unavailable). There is no evil team to worry about, but feel free to let your imagination run wild!
You are still required to face off against all eight gym leaders, after which a competition will take place like in the anime to determine the winner of the Sinnoh League Conference. The winner gets to challenge the Elite Four and then Champion Cynthia herself. If the winner loses to either the Elite Four or Cynthia, he/she will be disqualified and the runner-up will go next (at Cynthia’s discretion) and so on.

Rules:
All established Bulbagarden rules must be followed.
No bunnying, unless you have permission from that person.
Try not to be too unreasonably powerful, particularly early on. I won’t be strict on moves learned/evolution, however.
Try to be active! The RPG won’t make much progress if people tend to be inactive. If you are going to be inactive for a period of time, please notify us ahead of time so that we can plan accordingly.
If you have more than one character, please don’t ignore some of them.
Generally, we will be within close proximity to each other, so while some of us may be in Jubilife City, others might be on their way to Oreburgh City. It does not mean some of us are in Canalave City and others are in Sunyshore.
The RPG is PG-13 rated, so keep that in mind. Romantic moments are definitely allowed (for example, my characters are in love) and cursing is allowed.

The Gyms and Gym Leaders are the same from Platinum and appear in the same order, but feel free to give the leaders other Pokemon from what was used in the games or anime (but be reasonable). Same goes for the Elite Four. Also, the Sinnoh League will run just like the anime (and then the winner will have the option to fight the Elite Four).

You are allowed to create as many characters as you want. They could be total strangers, close friends, or whatever. Just be sure to manage all of them. Also, they don’t have to challenge the gyms. They could just be someone who just wants to travel through Sinnoh. Feel free to use a character you had from another RP.

Sign-Up Form:
Name:
Appearance: Please describe what your character looks like, clothes they wear, etc. Feel free to post a picture instead of a written description (or preferably in addition to a written description)
Personality: How does your character act?
Hometown: Any town/city from the first four regions
History:
Optional, but you could write up a brief overview of your character’s life, so we could get to know them before the RPG starts.
Starter: One from any of the first four regions.
Other: Any other pertinent information you want to share that wasn’t covered in the previous sections.

Only the original 493 Pokemon are available. I am still pondering if Megas and Z-Moves should be available. What do you guys think? Also, I will post my SUs shortly.

Thinking about maybe allowing up to 10 users to join, but I will play it by ear, depending on how many people signup.

Name: Zach Walker
Appearance:
He is a white guy of average height for his age. He has dark brown/black hair combed back, as well as brown eyes and brown eyebrows. He is somewhat muscular due to going exercising and eating healthy, and he does like to show that off (especially to girls).

https://i.imgur.com/USq6dPM.jpg

As far as clothes go, his absolute favorite piece of clothing that he always wears are Levi's blue jeans (usually 505), even wearing them to sleep and to fancy events (regardless of the weather). He also wears a red tank top, which is a little short on him, as it just reach his belt. He wraps a black belt around his jeans, which will be used to hold his Poké Balls. He also wears red sneakers and doesn't like wearing hats, or any accessories such as necklaces or rings. He does wear a watch on his left hand though.

Shirt: https://i.imgur.com/7a4euFJ.jpg
Belt: https://i.imgur.com/BXlHHja.jpg
Jeans: https://i.imgur.com/83biAyS.png
Shoes: https://i.imgur.com/Ldg2QlZ.jpg
Watch: https://i.imgur.com/UFg3w3F.jpg

He might change his outfit throughout the course of the RPG, but this is what he is starting off with.
Personality: Zach tends to be outgoing and sociable around people, even those he just met. That being said, he does act differently when Adrianna is present. Though he has a big crush on her, he does get embarrassed when she mentions it publicly, and would also tend to deny it. Considering how he is a teenager, he does tend to flirt with other girls that he finds attractive, although he makes sure to do this when Adrianna is not around. Ironically, he gets frustrated when she talks to other guys (although she tends not to flirt with other guys).

He is a fierce competitor and loves winning. He isn't great at taking losses well and while he doesn't usually cry, he does get angry. Adrianna is usually the one to calm him down though.
Hometown: Littleroot Town, Hoenn
History: He grew up in Littleroot Town and has lived there all his life. He has known Adrianna his whole life and fell in love with her the moment he met her. He was shy about his feelings at first, but is open about it now (even though he does flirt with other girls). They decided to travel to Sinnoh when they heard news of Cynthia's retirement. Zach was busy with Pokemon research, which is why he never challenged the Hoenn League. Just when he was about to, heard of Cynthia's retirement and was always fond of the strong trainers he heard about in Sinnoh.
Starter: Chimchar
Other: N/A

Name: Adrianna "Adri" Hepburn
Appearance:
Adrianna is a beautiful white skinned girl with long brown hair that reaches past her shoulders. She has brown eyebrows and brown eyes. She has average height for age and is a little bit shorter than Zach. She likes to take care of her appearance, spending a lot of time in the bathroom, worrying about her hair, makeup and other things.

https://i.imgur.com/R3m70nk.jpg

As far as clothes go, Levi's blue jeans are also her favorite piece of clothing. She wears jeans all the time too, though she wears the 501's. She wears a red tube top and wraps a white belt around her jeans though, which is also going to be used to hold her Poké Balls. She also wears black open toed ankle boots.

Crop top: https://i.imgur.com/eIIrNCg.jpg
Belt: https://i.imgur.com/SDA4fPg.jpg
Jeans: https://i.imgur.com/5zRnT3D.jpg
Shoes:https://i.imgur.com/UBo9M57.jpg
Personality: Like Zach, she is usually outgoing and sociable. In most cases, she is usually more talkative than Zach, much to his annoyance sometimes (like when she mentions them being in a relationship). Though she doesn't try to intentionally flirt with anyone other than Zach, she does come off as flirty to other guys, which annoys Zach (even though he is no different).

She does have a calm and caring side to her. If Adrianna sees that Zach or any of their friends are in a bad mood, she will always try to cheer them up. Despite this, Adrianna does have her own fears. She hates being left alone and will always want to be with someone and it is usually Zach, who she tends to view as her knight in shining armor, even when she's the one comforting him.

Adrianna is always focused on her looks because she wants to look as attractive as possible, which certainly caught Zach's attention. She doesn't like not being the most attractive girl in a group and does get jealous of other women very easily.
Hometown: Littleroot Town, Hoenn
History: She has known Zach her whole life, as they both grew up in Littleroot Town. At first, she was more open about her love for him than he was about his love for her (which did embarrass him at times). She isn't sure if she is really into battling, but obviously wanted to accompany him on his journey. She always though he would journey in Hoenn, but she is fine with Sinnoh. Adri is hoping that she can settle down with Zach in Sinnoh.
Starter: Piplup
Other: N/A

Accepted Players:
Torpoleon (Zach Walker - Chimchar; Adrianna Hepburn - Piplup)
2. Doctor Celebi (Violet Valencia - Squirtle)
3. Raph (Raphael - Charmander)
4. Sushi the Enby (Amie - Torchic)

Last edited:
i have never done roleplay before so i will probably mess this up. but

Name: dan
Appearance:
dan.png

Personality: he wants to prove that he is the best pokemon trainer ever. he is almost always excited. he hope that it will turn out that there are still some villainous teams out there so that can have fun stopping them
Hometown: pallet town
Starter:
pikachu
Other: has a ditto

i have never done roleplay before so i will probably mess this up. but

Appearance: View attachment 155934
Personality: he wants to prove that he is the best pokemon trainer ever. he is almost always excited. he hope that it will turn out that there are still some villainous teams out there so that can have fun stopping them
Starter:
pikachu
I know that I didn't specify how long I wanted the Sign Up forms to be, but can you put more effort into your sign up please?

ok i filed in the history section. what about now

Appearance:
dan.png

history:
he has just started out on his pokemon journey. he is really exited that he gets to start his pokemon journey in a different region. when he told his pet ditto about how he was going to a different region to start his pokemon journey, it transformed in to a letter telling him how much it wanted to go to. so he took ditto
Starter: pikachu

i added more about his percinality

Appearance:
dan.png

Personality: he wants to prove that he is the best pokemon trainer ever. he is almost always excited. he hope that it will turn out that there are still some villainous teams out there so that can have fun stopping them. he solves most problems by having his ditto transform into what they need to reach the solution.
history:
he has just started out on his pokemon journey. he is really exited that he gets to start his pokemon journey in a different region. when he told his pet ditto about how he was going to a different region to start his pokemon journey, it transformed in to a letter telling him how much it wanted to go to. so he took ditto
Starter: pikachu

Name: Violet Valencia
Appearance: Violet is about 4’9 and has a slightly lanky build. She has a pale complexion, with messy black hair and blue eyes. She usually wears a black t-shirt with a white pokéball emblem on it, black pants, and brown boots. Additionally, she tends to wear a dark red hoodie that is slightly too big.

(I’m not the best artist, but if I have the time, I will try to add a photo)
Personality: Violet tends to be fairly shy and reclusive around most people. Despite her meek appearance though, she hates having to rely on other people or being thought of as helpless.
Hometown: Eterna City, Sinnoh
History: When Violet was six, she was separated from her parents while on a walk around Eterna Forest. After searching for hours, her parents found her barely conscious by the Old Chateau. Violet never told anybody what happened at the Chateau, but was visibly more withdrawn and uncomfortable being near the forest ever since.

The news of Cynthia’s planned retirement, and the Sinnoh League Conference, caught her by surprise. After giving it some thought, she decided that competing to be the new champion could be a fun way to try and escape her comfort zone, and see the rest of Sinnoh, while also giving her a change to possibly confront her past.
Starter: Squirtle
Other: She will quickly try to change the subject if the Old Chateau is brought up in a conversation.

Last edited:
Name: Violet Valencia
Appearance: Violet is about 4’9 and has a slightly lanky build. She has a pale complexion, with messy black hair and blue eyes. She usually wears a black t-shirt with a white pokéball emblem on it, black pants, and brown boots. Additionally, she tends to wear a dark red hoodie that is slightly too big.

(I’m not the best artist, but if I have the time, I will try to add a photo)
Personality: Violet tends to be fairly shy and reclusive around most people. Despite her meek appearance though, she hates having to rely on other people or being thought of as helpless.
Hometown: Eterna City, Sinnoh
History: When Violet was six, she was separated from her parents while on a walk around Eterna Forest. After searching for hours, her parents found her barely conscious by the Old Chateau. Violet never told anybody what happened at the Chateau, but was visibly more withdrawn and uncomfortable being near the forest ever since.

The news of Cynthia’s planned retirement, and the Sinnoh League Conference, caught her by surprise. After giving it some thought, she decided that competing to be the new champion could be a fun way to try and escape her comfort zone, and see the rest of Sinnoh, while also giving her a change to possibly confront her past.
Starter: Squirtle
Other: She will quickly try to change the subject if the Old Chateau is brought up in a conversation.
Accepted! You don't need to draw a picture. You could even pick one from Google Images if you want, though a picture is not required anyways.

I'm kinda bad at this stuff, but this is interesting. if you have room, please accept me.

Name: Raphael
Appearance: Tidy jeans, red shirt, orange cap, 4 feet 5 inches, yellow shoes.
Personality: He's kind by heart, and would help anyone out if possible. he hates groups that kidnap and use pokemon for their own wishes.
Hometown: Pallet town
History:
In case you want to know about his past, he's had a rough life before he got his partner pokemon, Charmander. He was bullied AND tramatized because of a car crash, where his dad died.
Starter: Charmander.
Other: He's also caught a male Nidoran, a Pikachu, and a rattata, all of them level 15

Name: Amie
Appearance: She wears a red headband and a mock Fire-type gym uniform (like the ones you get in swsh from the stadium stores). Her eyes are poppy red, and her hair is auburn.
Personality: Amie is a stubborn girl, and she may try for what seems like forever before she finally gives up. She's not afraid of anything, which can be kind of a toss-up depending on the situation.
Hometown: Motostoke
History: Ever since she first saw a battle, Amie has been obsessed with the gym challenges and tried to get in herself. However, she couldn't get an endorsement. When she heard about the things going on in Sinnoh, she decided she had to go there and got on a boat setting sail for it.
Starter: Torchic
Other: Her starter was going to be Eevee at first, but I scrapped it.

Last edited:
Name: Amie
Appearance: She wears a red headband and a mock Fire-type gym uniform (like the ones you get in swsh from the stadium stores). Her eyes are poppy red, and her hair is auburn.
Personality: Amie is a stubborn girl, and she may try for what seems like forever before she finally gives up. She's not afraid of anything, which can be kind of a toss-up depending on the situation.
Hometown: Motostoke
History: Ever since she first saw a battle, Amie has been obsessed with the gym challenges and tried to get in herself. However, she couldn't get an endorsement. When she heard about the thighs going on in Sinnoh, she decided she had to go there and got on a boat setting sail for it.
Starter: Torchic
Other: Her starter was going to be Eevee at first, but I scrapped it.
Accepted!
I'm kinda bad at this stuff, but this is interesting. if you have room, please accept me.

Name: Raphael
Appearance: Tidy jeans, red shirt, orange cap, 4 feet 5 inches, yellow shoes.
Personality: He's kind by heart, and would help anyone out if possible. he hates groups that kidnap and use pokemon for their own wishes.
Hometown: Pallet town
History: In case you want to know about his past, he's had a rough life before he got his partner pokemon, Charmander. He was bullied AND tramatized because of a car crash, where his dad died.
Starter: Charmander.
Other: He's also caught a male Nidoran, a Pikachu, and a rattata, all of them level 15
There are no levels in this RPG. Also, the characters will just start with their starter, but if you want your character to catch Nidoran, Pikachu and Rattata later on, if you want.

When do you estimate we will start?
When more people signup. Right now, there are 4 users (including me) that are accepted. I'd definitely like a little bit more, but I will consider starting early. Maybe this weekend if no one else joins.

IT'S THE WEEKEND!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S THE WEEKEND!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm actually going to wait a bit longer because I noticed that one of the users who signed up hasn't been active in almost a month, so I don't wan to start until they log back in. Otherwise it isn't fair to them.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom