• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Pokemon Academy: Dragon's Roar (Ended) (TEEN)

What do you think of this fic?

• Total voters
Re: Pokemon Academy: Dragon's Roar

Now we're talking. Finally, an imaginative story worthy of the so-called awards. It's clear those awards mean nothing judging by the shoddy works that ended up winning, so who cares really?

People should really start following this fic. It's actually original.

Is it too hard to ask for real reasons as to why it deserves to win?

I like this chapter. Although I get a bad feeling that this Gyarados-owner is going to turn into a Malfoy clone. Nobody like a Malfoy clone.
On the other hand, it's your fic.

I like Fin's character. And his Floatzel. Also, Chigon is shaping up to be odd. I hope plot surrounding him/her/it comes up soon.

Overall, it makes me want to read more. It also makes me want to get some of my old fanfic stuff gathered together and rewritten.

Thanks for reading everyone! I work really hard on this story.

Flame Haze said:
What!? It's my story what are you saying dude.

I cannot be the only one thinking this, so... Gotcha?

Other than that, it's an interesting, well-done read. I don't read much fanfiction, though, so I can't really compare this to the winners TPG keeps ranting about.

Well Darren is far away from being a Malfoy clone, he'll probably get his heel face turn before turning into one. As shown in this chapter he shares some traits with Malfoy but he's more serious and at the same time more caring in his own way considering he ended up helping Miko even if he did it hesitantly.

Plot about Chigon will be talked about starting from chapter 4 I want to get Jack's and Reggie's battle over with before getting on to the main plot. I bet he comes up because of the fact sometimes he fights and sometimes he doesn't, I didn't want to make him too strong so sometimes he's able to fight and sometimes he's just clueless about it.

I know how you feel, looking back at this fic I feel the same way about my old ones but can't do much about the past now can we.

And Lugion I know what you're thinking and it's not the truth I don't know this guy and I'm definitely not this guy I swear to god and I'm catholic. Plus our IP addresses are totally different.

Anyways let's just forget about the guru guy I don't want my thread to turn into this.

Last edited:

All right... It's kinda confusing.

I know right, that's why I like Reggie's character so much being so average I have a lot of comedy openings for him.

No he wasn't I told you Darren is going to be based off on him but for now he's just a serious guy at least until he gets more character development from his part. At least we know he's not too much of an asshole to leave a poisoned girl lying behind.

True, true, he isn't THAT big of an A-Hole...

I'm looking forward for this fanfic, much like the last one you did that reached an ending: Pokemon, A New Beginning.

Very good chapter. I especially liked the bit about the Gyrados!

I'm not sure if anyone's said this, but I think you might need some more commas put in. For example:

“Be careful next time okay.” He said without looking at her.

I think this is technically correct, but it sounds better if you put a comma in:

“Be careful next time, okay.” He said without looking at her.

Otherwise, another great chapter!

This is getting interesting. I also liked that part with the gyarados. :)

I've only read the prologue at the moment but I thought I'd give a quick reply. I was gonna read the first chapter too but that might have to wait at least a few hours because it's so epically long.

Anyway, this definitely needs a proof read, there a quite a few grammatical mistakes. For instance, I don't like the use of the word 'sec', it's too informal. Give this a proof read and you'll be able to improve quite a lot I think.

Anyway, on to the actual storyline. This was brilliant! I love the idea! It's quite a stereotypical idea in theory, but you've really pulled it off in practice. I really, really like the character of Reggie - he's quite a good character and, in my opinion, not a typical main character really. The girl, whose name I've forgotten, is also a great character.

The idea of this alien Pokemon is all kinds of awesome and basically I think this stuff is great and I'm gonna read more as soon as I can!

One thing though, I think it might be advisable for you to include a list of the known Pokemon of each main character at the end of each chapter because that way it's easier for the reader to keep track. From your point of view, the author, it doesn't seem that hard to keep track but you've got to remember that readers will probably spend a lot less time than you thinking about the story and are therefore a lot more prone to forget.

Oh and side note, Guru, if you're trying to make us think you're a sock puppet or something, give up because FH's writing style is nothing like yours and clearly you're not the same person.

I'll try to proofread it more hopefully I won't miss stuff.

Thanks when I thought about the main characters I didn't want to make Reggie very confident I know the fic is based around both Harry Potter and Yu Gi Oh GX but I didn't want Reggie to end up into those two since both of those personalities are stereotypical, so basically I just made him into a main character that just wants to be good enough to fit in. The girl's name is Miko but don't worry everyone forgets it, I originally made her so that she'll serve as Reggie's voice of reason as well as a future way to create a love triangle (I know sounds corny but I think a lot of actions with good romance and comedy makes up for a great story) it's up to you to figure out who's gonna be the last person in the triangle ;)

I'll get to the explaining of Chigon soon but he's not an alien well sort off, alien means something that's not from the world so technically he is in alien, I'll stop because I already spoiled too much.

I guess you're right about the keeping track of the Pokemon idea, especially since the character's are gonna keep getting more Pokemon till their team are full, though since I have more than one I'll have to make a list of the Pokemon for each character at the end of each chapter.

Amen to that last part, that dude's really not me I don't know what's his deal but if people just look at the way we both right it's parallel to each other, a person can have a sock but chances are not a lot of people can actually write in different ways they mostly write the same way.

Chapter 3: Reggie vs. Jack, The Resolution

“Pidgey go and use Gust!” Reggie ordered as Pidgey charged towards Jordan’s Buizel. The two were standing on the small Pokémon field in Battle Class, since Reggie and Jordan had the same class Mr. Grayson paired them up to have a practice battle. Mr. Grayson was standing on his desk as he looked at the battle with a serious face as well as the other students; most especially Jack.

“Dodge it Buizel,” Jordan ordered as his Buizel jumped out of the way from the gust of wind. “Now use Water Gun and charge forward,” Buizel moved back as it fired a stream of water straight towards Pidgey. Reggie gritted his teeth as Pidgey was hit by the stream of water. “You don’t seriously think you can win right Reg,” Jordan chuckled.

“I don’t know, you tell me, Sand Attack.” Pidge got up from the floor and started blowing dirt off from the floor the dirt made its way into Buizel’s eyes causing it to moved back as it tried to get the dirt out of its eyes. “Now Wing Attack,” Pidgey charged forward its wing glowing white as it hit Buizel’s mark and sent it rolling on the floor.

“Buizel is unable to battle, Reggie wins,” Mr. Grayson announced rather reluctantly, from the look on his face he looked pissed off. Only two days left till his battle with Jack and Reggie was already making a lot of progress so much both Mr. Grayson and Jack were actually worried that Reggie had a chance at winning. “Now everyone sit the hell down already,” he grunted and got off from his desk.

“Nice work man,” Jordan chuckled sticking his fist out as he and Reggie fist palmed. “I think the guy is about to blow a blood vessel, both of them,”

“Yeah, ever since I met Fin he’s been training me, in just a couple of day I’ve gotten so much better without Chigon,” Reggie smiled and sat down next to Jordan.

“Yeah, you might even have a chance at winning,” Jordan smiled and nodded his head happy for his friends; now that the two were getting along better than usual.

“Don’t get cocky,” Miko grunted from her seat as Reggie and Jordan turned to look at her. “Don’t forget you’re still not able to get Chigon to fight,” she pointed out raising her index finger. True since the fight against Jordan Chigon hasn’t been able to use any attack, it seems like it even forgot about that battle every time Reggie tries to remind it about it Chigon just acts like he doesn’t know what he means. “Which as we all know it’s not a good thing.”

“We still have to days to snap idea into the little guy though.” Jordan nodded his head; Reggie and Jordan have been having drill matches in the back of the Charizard Flame dorm which has a small Pokémon field to them. It’s basically Jordan’s or Fin’s Pokémon fighting against Chigon to try and get him to fight, but things haven’t gone well.

Then the bell rang getting the students to get up from their chairs immediately. “Well, I’m off to breeding,” Miko said as she waved to the two boys.

“Let’s go man,” Jordan patted Reggie’s back and started walking off.

“I don’t know how you’re so eager all the time,” Reggie sighed and followed him.

“That kid Reggie is getting really strong really fast,” Mr. Grayson grunted, Jack standing next to him adjusting his glasses as the two glared at Reggie. “You better get strong too.”

“Don’t worry sir, if all there won’t even be a battle,” Jack chuckled looking at Mr. Grayson’s confused face. He sighed and pondered on the fact that sometimes the man managed to get on his last nerve. “The battle was agreed to be a full team battle, but there’s a problem, Reggie only has four Pokémon while I have five, if he doesn’t get a fifth one then he’ll lose for not following the requirements.”

“Oh you’re right,” Mr. Grayson grinned as he nodded at Jack.

“Now I have to leave,” Jack just walked past Mr. Grayson, not caring about anything else he had to say.

A couple of hours later Reggie and Marie were walking out of history class, which was the only class he didn’t have with Jordan; frankly Reggie was happy about this since he could spend some time alone with Marie. “So how’s the plan for the battle going?” Marie asked making Reggie snap out of his crush moment.

“Well my Pokémon have been getting stronger, thanks to all the strategies I planned out with Agatha I got a pretty good stepping stone for the fight and well, things are going well,” Reggie nodded his head while smiling as he looked at Marie who was grinning as well. “What is it?”

“Nothing it’s just, a few days ago you were always depressed but now look at you, you’re smiling more and you look great doing that,” she explained while giving him a cheerful smile.

“You…you think so,” Reggie chuckled and blushed while stopping dead on his tracks.

“What is it, your face is red?” Marie walked back and put her hand on his forehead causing him to blush even more.

“No…nothing, don’t worry about it,” Reggie laughed and started walking again, although he was walking in a robotic way from all the nervousness.

“Hey Reggie, you have a moment.” Reggie turned around to see Brendan walking over to him with his hands inside his pocket. Why did it seem that every time he was having a good time with Marie Brendan had to appear and screw it all up.

“What is it Mr. Birch?” Marie asked looking over at Brendan.

“Just Brendan would be fine, Mr. Birch makes me sound all,” Brendan chuckled and patted Reggie’s shoulder. “So, I was seeing you guys train yesterday, you’ve certainly gotten better, although I can tell you still have some trouble with Chigon,” he explained.

“Yeah, I need to find away to make up for that,” Reggie nodded his head, though Brendan was right about that.

“So, here,” Brendan took his right hand out of his pocket to reveal a pokeball from it. The pokeball was different though, it was the usual red and white color but it had lights coming out from for different sizes, two lights on each side of the top and two on each side of the bottom making the pokeball glow with beauty.

“What’s with this pokeballs?” Reggie asked grabbing the ball.

“It’s one of the Acadmy standard pokeball, you see the academy has special kind ofpokeballs created for students to use, and they’re different from normal pokeballs so that people can recognize them, though students prefer to use their own pokeballs.” Brendan started explaining getting both Reggie’s and Marie’s attention. “You see, I’m giving you the Pokémon inside it’s been trained by me for a little while so it has some experience, plus it can help you out in your battle against Jack, and since you’re missing one Pokémon you’re officially allowed to fight now.” Brendan once again was right; after the incident in Fin Island Reggie didn’t have the courage to go to one of the other islands and catch a Pokémon, so he was pretty much cornered in that part.

“I see, I guess that’s a good reason.” Reggie nodded his head in agreement.

“But also, I’m giving it to you so that Chigon can fight,” Brendan pointed out getting the two teenagers to look at him with confused looks. “You see, if Chigon sees you relying on another Pokémon for the battle it’ll probably become jealous and want to try to fight, I can tell he values your relationship way to much to let another Pokémon take its place.”

“That’s brilliant; I don’t know why I didn’t think of that myself!” Reggie smiled as he turned around. “Well thanks for everything Brendan; I’m going to test this out.” He started running leaving Marie behind.

“Wait for me.” Marie exclaimed while following him.

“Awesome,” Jordan said as he looked at the pokeball with an amazed look on his face. After Reggie and Marie got to the day care the group got together outside of the building while Reggie carried Chigon. “Brendan gave you a powerful Pokémon, that’ll definitely help,” Jordan nodded his head.

“Yeah, we should probably head for the dorms so that you can check out what Pokémon it is,” Miko nodded her head while looking at the pokeball; she was amazed by how the pokeball looked, but also curious about what was inside it.

“Yeah, let’s go,” Reggie nodded his head while holding Chigon looked at him with a smile. Reggie felt a bit bad for making Chigon do so much for him; it wasn’t its fault that it couldn’t fight. This brought back the words Darren said, that he couldn’t tap into Chigon’s true power. What if he was right? What if Reggie wasn’t good enough to fight alongside Chigon.

“Hey you okay Reggie?” Reggie snapped out of it as he looked at Marie who put her hand on his shoulder. Once he noticed he blushed.

“Yeah, I’m just thinking,” he nodded his head and started walking again, being followed by the girl in question.

After the group made it to the Charizard Flame dorm, they walked around the back to see the Pokémon training field that was set up right there in front of the back doors to the buildings. Students normally came out of the buildings in the afternoon to hang out there, since there were a lot of chairs as well as a bench that looked like a swing there. Either that or they had battles inside the field. “What took you guys?’ Reggie turned around to see Fin sitting on the bench. “I was gonna leave already.”

“Sorry, we had a bit of a setback, look.” Reggie showed Fin the pokeball Brendan gave him.

“Oh, it’s one of the academy’s standard pokeballs right, that’s cool,” Fin nodded his head. “How you get it?”

“Brendan gave it to me; he said he wanted to give me this Pokémon so that I could train.” Reggie explained holding the pokeball back. “So, time to check this out.” He threw the pokeball into the field. They all looked at the field as the light that came out from the pokeballl started gaining form. Out of it came out an orange colored monkey with yellow skin, small legs and arms as well as a small flame coming from its back. “Chimchar, awesome!” Reggie yelled, he always wanted to have a Chimchar and the thought of having one in front of him was just enough to make him happy.

“Okay, I’ll say it again, Brendan’s so awesome. “ Miko nodded her head smiling as well. “He didn’t just give you any Pokémon but a starter, that’s so cool,”

“Yep, so, are you gonna train with the Chimchar?” Fin asked turning to look at Reggie.

“Yeah,” Reggie nodded his head. Chimchar then turned to look at the group as it glared at one member in particular, Chigon. “What is it Chimchar?” Reggie asked as Chimchar started charging towards Chigon at full speed surprising everyone as none of them had time to react. “Chigon no!” he exclaimed as Chimchar’s claws came out and it started slashing at Chigon.

Chigon moved back wincing in pain as Reggie sent out his Azurril. “Azurril Water Gun,” he ordered as Azurril fired a stream of water straight at Chimchar. Chimchar jumped over the attack and started falling down as it fired flames from its mouth and surrounded itself with it to crash against Azurril.

“It knows Flame Wheel?” Jordan asked in disbelief while everyone else had shocked looks as well as they all saw Chimchar land in front of an unconscious Azurril. “No way, that Chimchar’s badass to the bone.” Jordan nodded his head.

“Even so, I don’t think it’s gonna stop,” Miko pointed out as Chimchar turned to glare at Chigon. Fin was about to throw a pokeball before Chimchar was wrapped around by a white silk thread. Everyone turned to look at Marie whose Beautifly had come out of its pokeballs. “Return it Reggie,” Mike ordered as Reggie did just that.

“Why is it so hostile?” he asked before remembering what Brendan said. “That must be what he meant, but how can it be train to attack Chigon?” Reggie asked, it’s as if Chimchar was purposely trained to attack Chigon, it was just a bit to suspicious. “It weirds me out,”

“We can’t care about that at the moment.” Fin pointed out looking at Reggie with a serious look. “The fact it’s a powerful Pokémon and the pressure might bring out Chigon’s power still stands,” he looked down at Chigon, who still had a startled look on its face.

“But Fin, are you serious?” Reggie asked with a worried look as he looked down at Chigon.

“It’s the only way Reggie,” Miko nodded her head. Seeing that his friends were all agreeing on this Reggie just looked at Chigon again.

“Chigon, are you willing to do it?” he asked, thinking it’s fair he should at least ask Chigon first.

Chigon regained its composure and walked towards the field. It turned to look at Reggie and nodded its head. “Kay,” Reggie smiled, happy that Chigon would actually prefer to endure pain than to see Reggie lose the battle.

Two days later Reggie was finishing his preparations for his team, four pokeballs in front of him and Chigon sleeping on the corner of the wall, its body full of scratches and wounds. “You ready man?” Jordan asked walking into the dorm room. Two days of harsh training he was ready, his battle against Jack was only fifteen minutes away.

“Yeah, I am,” Reggie nodded his head as he turned around to look at Jordan. As if on cue Chigon got up from the spot where it was sleeping and started walking towards Reggie.

“Okay,” Jordan turned around to look at the door. “Oh by the way, don’t lose,” he pointed out getting Reggie to frown.

“Good thing you wanna get rid of the pressure,” Reggie said sarcastically.

“No, it’s just I already ordered all the party stuff,” Jordan laughed. “If you lose at least give us one hell of a battle, and keep your chin up at all time,” Jordan advised.

“Yeah, you’re right,” Reggie nodded his head, Jordan did have a point Reggie had to keep his chin up more often. “I don’t have nothing to lose in this battle really if all Jack’s the one that has stuff on the line since he already beat me,”

“That’s the way to talk,” Jordan nodded his head.

“Thanks Jordan,” Reggie stuck his hand out. Jordan snickered as he looked away.

“I wanted to make you feel better not to have a touchy moment,” he crossed his arms and looked away from Reggie.

“Suit yourself,” Reggie shrugged and withdrew the hand as he walked out of the room.

“Okay, maybe we can have one tiny handshake,” he said after a moment as he followed Reggie out of their room.

After a few minutes of walking the two made it to the stadium, Marie, Miko and Fin were standing by the entrance as people walked into the stadium talking about what the battle would be like and if it would be better than the last battle Reggie and Jack had.

“Hey Reggie, how you holding up?” Fin asked patting Reggie’s back.

“I’m good, I’m ready to battle with everything I’ve got,” Reggie answered turning to look at the girls. The two seemed kind of worried; it surprised Reggie that Miko was too, but he probably couldn’t blame them. “Thanks for all your support guys, if it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t have gotten stronger in time,” Reggie nodded his head to his friends.

“Don’t worry, it was fun,” Miko smiled and nodded her head. “But we won’t be with you out there, though we will cheer you on in the stands, so do the best you can,” Miko encouraged nodding her head while raising her fist.

“All right, I’m off, wish me luck,” Reggie faced away from them and started walking into the stadium. Though once he went in he took a turn to the right to go to the locker room that was on that side.

“Now, the battle that was arranged a week ago will finally take place!” Brendan yelled he was the referee and the announcer at the same time. Reggie chuckled as he looked at his pokeball belt.

“Ready Chigon?” he asked looking down at his faithful partner. Chigon nodded. On a closer look Reggie’s pokeballs were all the academy pokeballs apparently he decided to switch them. “Let’s go bud,” he got up from the bench and walked out.

“On this side, we have Jack Harman!” Brendan pointed at Jack who was standing on his side with a smug on his face. “And on this side, we have Reggie Damon!” he exclaimed as Reggie walked out of the hall a serious look on his face.

“I thought you’ll chicken out,” Jack smirked as he looked at Reggie from his side.

“In your dreams,” Reggie took out one of his pokeballs and pointed it at Jack. “I’ll win this time Jack, that I swear.”

“And Begin!” Brendan yelled as both trainers threw their pokeball on the field.

Now here are the stats for Reggie and Jack

Reggie’s Team
Pokémon: Chigon, Pidgey, Azurril, Phampy, Chimchar

Jack’s Team
Pokémon: Electavire, Bulbasour, Rhyhorn, Glalie, unknown Pokémon

Also, sorry that the chapter didn’t have the battle I promised, but when I saw I was already on the seventh page I thought if I did the battle it’ll make the chapter overly long, and if I made the battles short it’ll take away the awesomeness, so next chapter you’ll get one kick ass battle, I promise.

Yeah, it would have made the chapter too long.

I call shinanagins on Chimchar's behavior! And Brenden, for that matter!

I got a bad feeling about Jack's final Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom