• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Pokemon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody

short chapter, but it was action-packed. i'm all for battle scenes and they were pretty good. one thing though; you repeated a line twice i think. if i remember correctly, someone in the chapter said "it'll be suicide" and then a few paragraphs later they (or someone else) said the same thing. (sorry about not naming the characters, i don't really know them all too well xD). you have to be careful about repeating stuff like that. i get a little bit annoyed when i see stuff like that, and i bet others would to. :U sometimes it's mainly a mess up or you just forget about it which is understandable, but make sure you go over the chapter before posting and look for sentences that don't make sense, or have repeats of previously said things.

overall, it was a rather decent chapter. kind of lacking in description, but still action-packed.

short chapter, but it was action-packed. i'm all for battle scenes and they were pretty good. one thing though; you repeated a line twice i think. if i remember correctly, someone in the chapter said "it'll be suicide" and then a few paragraphs later they (or someone else) said the same thing. (sorry about not naming the characters, i don't really know them all too well xD). you have to be careful about repeating stuff like that. i get a little bit annoyed when i see stuff like that, and i bet others would to. :U sometimes it's mainly a mess up or you just forget about it which is understandable, but make sure you go over the chapter before posting and look for sentences that don't make sense, or have repeats of previously said things.

overall, it was a rather decent chapter. kind of lacking in description, but still action-packed.

Actually I put the sentence twice on purpose, one was said from Kevin and the other from Marie though they were slightly different sentences but they both had the word suicide in them at the end.

I finally got caught up on reading this. It was a pretty good chapter overall. I do have one thing that is irking me though. I had the hardest time trying to read it with the grey writing you have it posted in. Can you just use the normal font and not have it colored? XD Maybe I can just change Bulba skins when reading. lol. Seriously though, that's the only problem I had with this chapter.

and I'm glad you cleared up the repeated sentence thing. I thought you might have accidentally just posted the same sentence by accident. ^^;;

But I do like the chapter. Great work, dear. :)

@AetherX ; @Instrutilus ; @Chaosj2 ; @Cosmos ; @BlueNostalgia ; @Lugion ; @Thundagere ; @Jinoga ; @Rob Anybody ; @IVI ; @Karpi;@Tsutarja ; @Octy ; @Gotpika @I'll try this out ; @Tophat Dragoneye; @Lady Lucifer;

So after two weeks the chapter is finally here. The conclusion to the fight against the Black Knights will finally be revealed in this chapter. Will the Black Knights get to keep Genesect and steal Victini back? or will Reggie and the others manage to defeat them.

Chapter 14: Victoria Alcanzable

Cliff hit the ground with a loud thud, seemingly obtaining the attention of his legendary Pokémon who turned around robotically so that it could look at its trainer. “What the hell are you doing?!?,” Cliff glared at the malicious woman. His attention was immediately diverted by the now flying Victini, whose fury was all too evident.

“Why did she send Victini out of its cage?” Allison questioned; she was still on edge since she didn’t know when she would have to fight.

“Maybe she decided to abandon the group or something. “ Stacy muttered back. At this point, she wasn’t exactly certain what was going on, but she was happy with anything that could help them. She saw as Clarice moved back slowly before she jumped atop her Mandibuzz.

“I just wanted things to get a little bit more fun, right Schwarz?” Schwarz flashed a grin before he jumped on his Archeops as well.

“You guys are traitors…Genesect!” Cliff turned to look at the legendary; unfortunately for him, before he could order anything more, he noticed that Schwarz and Clarice had already flown off into the air.

“We can’t let them get away either. Let’s go!” Freed screamed before he jumped on top of his Jellicent and began to chase after Schwarz. “Stacy, Allison, you girls follow Clarice.”

“What about Reggie?” Stacy asked, her face looking shocked when she realized that they would have to leave Reggie alone.

“He can handle it.” Freed and Reggie stared at each other for a moment. Fighting against a legendary was crazy, and Reggie knew that, but somehow, he actually felt confident about winning. He gave Freed a thumbs up before he saw him leaving.

“Don’t worry girls, I can handle this guy on my own. That Genesect can barely move anyway,” Reggie nodded his head reassuringly. The two girls looked at each other before they did as Freed had instructed them and left to follow Clarice.

Even if he said that he was still scared out of his mind. He could feel his legs quiver slightly at the sight of the legendary. Even Chigon and Monferno were shaking on the floor; however they had a better reason, they could feel the legendary’s actual strength as it towered over them.

“Ti ni!” Reggie turned around before feeling his hair slap around his forehead as Victini hovered in front of him and Chigon.

“Victini. What are you doing?”

“Victini!” Victini gave Reggie a victory sign before it turned to glare at Cliff. Judging by appearances it was obvious that Victini was looking for revenge and Reggie was sure that the little Pokémon wouldn’t stop until he obtained it.

“It seems like Victini is still foolish enough to face me.” Cliff clenched his fist in frustration as he looked at Genesect. “It doesn’t matter, since I have Genesect at my side now. I don’t need Victini.”

“We’ll show you,” Reggie frowned as he looked at the three Pokémon. “All right guys, we can still win this! We have Victini with us after all!” Reggie announced loudly before he sent out Donphan, Pidgeot, Azumarill and Fraxure to back up the other three Pokémon.

Salen, Sandra, and Cassandra panted, smoke rising behind them and into the night sky; allowing the flames that were accompanied with the smoke to shed light on the bruises around their bodies.

In front of them stood a weak looking and bruised Exploud, next to a defeated Hitmontop and an all but knocked out Tyranitar, all of whom seemed to pant out of tiredness.

“Is that all you guys have to offer me? Pathetic,” Kevin smirked confidently. Unlike the other three Pokémon his Dragonite seemed to be in a very healthy state; it was tired after fighting with the three Pokémon but it seemed to be able to take a lot more damage.

“He doesn’t even look that strong. How could he hold off all three of them?” Sandra frowned. Kevin couldn’t help but keep grinning though, it was a common assumption for people to think that he was a weak battler; after all, why would someone that focus on acting even care about being strong when he could just have someone to protect him.

“Dragonite, use Dragon Claw!” Dragonite roared, and, it’s claws glowing a deathly green, flew towards the group of all but defeated Pokémon. The Exploud roared back, but it had significantly more bite than bark. The powerful sound wave destroyed the ground as it propagated, sending bits of earth hurling towards the dragon.

Dragonite didn’t stop charging, though; and instead pushed on as it’s claws grew longer and sharper. Finally, it crashed through the sound waves, raising a paw in preparation for the final blow.

“Tyranitar, defend!” With surprising speed and mobility, Tyranitar was able to get in front of the attack and stopped Dragonite’s Dragon Claw with its chest armor. The two Pokémon started to push each other; trying to win over the other by using their size.

“Now Exploud, use Giga Impact!” Salen roared. Exploud jumped at Dragonite from behind; slamming its arm against the dinosaur’s back and causing it to roar in pain.

Tyranitar wasn’t willing to let its chance go, and promptly bit down on Dragonite, making the Pokémon roar once more as blood flowed from it’s open wound.

“Dragonite, use Earthquake!” Dragonite roared into the sky before it slammed its foot down onto the ground, creating a powerful shockwave that caused the two Pokémon attacking it to be thrown back. The ground below them started to give out. Salen gritted his teeth as he jumped back together with the twins; not really paying mind to his Pokémon.

“Too easy,” Kevin smiled and stretched his arm out so that he was able to return Dragonite. “You guys are too predictable, plus you make no effort in hiding your emotions.” Kevin drew his hand back and brushed it against the skin on the back of his head. “Battling isn’t just about strength and strategy. The way you act during battle matters too. If you do it right then your opponent will be deceived and lower his guard enough for you to strike.”

“Stop right there!” Kevin turned around; only for him to cover his eyes right afterwards when a powerful light shone on his face. He wasn’t able to see well but he could still make out the outlines of what seemed to be a police car. “We will take care of this now.” A mysterious yet young voice spoke as a silhouetted man stepped forward.

Freed stood atop one of the Castelia City buildings; his Jellicent floating next to him as he looked at Schwarz; who was standing at the opposite side of the building. “So, would you mind explaining why you decided to lure me out here all by yourself?” the teacher asked; his expression no longer calm.

“It’s because I didn’t think you’ll want to talk about this with the rest of those brats around.” Freed could make out a grin of expectation from Schwarz’s face, as if he had found the last piece of a puzzle that he had been trying hard to complete. Freed stepped back; the man knew something which meant that Freed would have to handle the situation with the utmost care.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about?”

“Don’t give me that crap, you so know it,” Schwarz grinned evilly as he slowly pulled a knife out of his pocket. A small expression of shock went through Freed’s body once he got a good look at the knife. It was completely black and had what seemed to be a carved snake going down the blade.

“How did you get that knife?” Hatred dripped down Freed’s voice as he glared at the knife, as well as its wielder.

“Well, you know, I was offered this great spot a few days ago. I actually accepted the offer and was going to leave this useless excuse for a team after this mission was over,” Schwarz pointed at Freed with the knife before cocking his head to the side. “But I didn’t think I’ll be meeting an ex-Memento Mori Captain.”

“So you know of Memento Mori?” Freed questioned.

“Anyone with half a brain that goes into the Underground knows of them!” Schwarz exclaimed loudly. “They’re beginning to take control of the whole Underground in a way that no evil team had ever done it before them. Hell, the only reason Cliff is doing all this is so that he can proof that he’s better than them,” he snorted out of laughter and lowered the knife. “However, it still fails to dawn on me on how someone from Memento Mori would decide to teach in an academy, though considering who the principal is I assume that the Pokémon League is already starting to make its move.”

Freed nodded his head solemnly; avoiding any eye contact with Schwarz. “It seems that you know a lot, indeed.”

“I don’t want to fight you, man, in fact, if you could just let me go I’ll be happy,” Schwarz smirked before he pocketed the knife once more. “You’re a strong guy and I know that I won’t be able to beat you as I am now.”

Freed stared at Schwarz; keeping all of the emotion he had away as he turned around along with Jellicent. “I can’t kill a man. I did not come here as a member of the Pokémon League or as someone that had to stop you guys, I’m just helping my students and as such, I should worry about them, not these trivial matters.” He jumped on top of Jellicent before ordering it to start floating up once more.

“Hmph,” Schwarz smirked before turning around and looking at his Archeops. “No matter how much you try to domesticate a beast, it will always keep its habits and instincts, because it is still a beast in the end.”

“Azumarill, attack now!” Reggie screamed into the sky as his charging Azumarill and Monferno fired their respective elemental attacks. The flames and water collided with each other and began to create a vortex with both of them combined.

Genesect beeped loudly and raised both of its arms, creating what seemed to be like a crystal shield in front of its body. It knelt down so that its back was pointing at Reggie and his Pokémon. Suddenly, a compartment opened up on its back, revealing what seemed to be three yellow missiles. The Bug-type then proceeded to roar and fired the three missiles at Reggie and his Pokémon.

“Donphan, use Protect!” Donphan jumped quickly so as to guard its comrades and was able to create the barrier just in time. However, the power of the attack was still too much and it sent Donphan flying back.

“This is bad. If we don’t do something soon he’s going to destroy everything,” Reggie wiped sweat off his forehead; his eyes going towards Cliff who was still standing behind Genesect as if nothing was going on. “All right. Fraxure use Dragon Breath, Monferno sneak behind it and use Overheat!”

Fraxure slammed both of its legs onto the floor and fired a powerful jet of green colored flames at the robotic Pokémon. Genesect beeped once more, its eyes glowing lightly as if it was analyzing its opponent.

Taking advantage of this, Monferno ran behind the robot Pokémon and fired a powerful blast of scorching flames; obviously dead set on defeating the large behemoth.

However, just when the two attacks were about o land their mark a large barrier erupted around Genesect; causing the attacks to be blocked completely as the missile launchers began to open once more. “Retreat!”

It was too late though and before Reggie could do anything both of his Pokémon were blasted off by a powerful barrage of missiles; creating a large cloud of smoke that covered the whole area.

It was different than the legendaries he had faced before. Its movements were slow and if it came to power, it wasn’t matching. However, Reggie was still unable to come up with a solution, if he attacked from up close the barrier blocked it. If he attacked from far away then it would either fire its beam or the missiles.

He couldn’t give up though; after what he had told the others it just wouldn’t be right. “I have to come up with something.” Reggie looked down at Chigon then turned to Victini. “You guys need to fight together, okay!” he yelled making both Pokémon look up at him with a grin.

Victini and Chigon flew off towards Genesect at a great speed. Victini’s body became surrounded by a red light turning the little Pokémon into a large red flash that flew straight towards the mechanical Pokémon. Genesect beeped, its eyes glowing slightly as it followed Victini’s movements almost instantly.

Suddenly as if it was in slow motion Genesect charged forward and slammed one of its mantis-like arms down on Victini. The sharp edge at the end of the arm elongated greatly and cut down on Victini, making the Pokémon scream in pain.

“Chigon, protect Victini!” Chigon made its way behind Genesect and proceeded to fly towards it; only for Genesect to turn around and swing its left scythe in a quick motion. Chigon managed to move aside but sadly it had prove to be futile. The scythe slashed Chigon’s left wing off making the small dragon Pokémon cry in agonizing pain as it hit the ground; blood running down its body.

“Guys,” Reggie gritted his teeth. He gasped loudly as he saw Genesect stepped on Chigon and started slowly crush the small dragon.

“Have you realized how futile this all is,” Cliff stated with a bored expression on his eyes as he turned to the 16 year old. “Even Victini isn’t able to fight now that he’s so weak, yet you really expect to defeat Genesect.”

“Chigon, get up, Victini, you too!” Reggie exclaimed. It was to no avail though, as neither of the two Pokémon was able to move an inch. Reggie felt himself sink down on the floor as the realization came to him; he couldn’t win and the fact that he even thought he had a chance was preposterous.

He couldn’t move, he wasn’t even able to react as he saw Chigon being kicked next to Victini by Genesect. “I can’t give up this easily…I…I can’t,” he sobbed lightly and pushed himself up. “Get up Chigon, Victini we have to fight or else…”

“gon…chigon chi!” Chigon struggled on the floor as it began to raise its body. His determination seemed to be infectious, as Victini too began to push against the powerful force that was Genesect.

Suddenly, Chigon’s body became surrounded with light; making Reggie as well as Cliff cover their eyes. Reggie grinned to himself. He shouldn’t have been surprised; Chigon wasn’t one to give in so easily after all. “All right then, since you’re so eager why don’t we try to take this guy down,” Reggie grinned.

Then something even stranger happened. Victini began glowing as well and suddenly both lights collided with one another. The powerful blast that resounded from the combination was enough to lift Reggie up the ground, and even he was able to feel the strong power that was surging inside. “What’s going on here?” Cliff couldn’t believe his eyes as he stared at the large sphere of light. “Are they…fusing?”

The rising sun was now shining over the disappearing light the heat and light of day increasing as the light began to take shape.

In front of Reggie stood a large dragon-like Pokémon standing on all four legs. Its skin was cream, along with orange armor in various parts of its body and tail. It had a large V marking on its chest that stretched out along with having a similar mark on its head. The appearance in general reminded Reggie of Alagon, but with various aspects of Victini as well.

“What the hell just happened? I mean, what kind of Pokémon is that!?” Cliff gasped.

“Why must you always surprise me, Chigon?” Reggie smirked as he looked at the newly evolved dragon Pokémon. “Chigon and Victini, you guys really know how to turn the tables.”

“Vict Ryu Vic!” the dragon roared proudly, the roar causing Genesect to move back slightly as a powerful red aura enveloped the Pokémon.

“Go for it….Victoryu!” Reggie announced as the Dragon darted at Genesect with an amazing speed. The mechanical Pokémon’s eyes started to beep once more as it tried to scan the Pokémon. It was to no avail though, and before Genesect was able to counter Victoryu had already collided against its body; causing the Pokémon to beep loudly as it was thrown aside.

Victoryu roared loudly and threw its head forward; firing a powerful blast of scorching flames at the robotic Pokémon.

Genesect wasn’t taken aback this time though and proceeded to kneel down and fire a powerful beam from the cannon on its back. The two attacks collided with each other and began to struggle for dominance. “I should’ve known this would happen,” Reggie covered his eyes so as to stop the wind from hitting them.

“Genesect show them your true strength!” Cliff roared. Victoryu slammed its legs on the ground and powerful golden colored flames began to fire from its mouth, the flames combining with the Overheat and taking control in the struggle.

“What’s that?” Reggie raised an eyebrow before he held the Academy Dex towards the two struggling attacks. “Fusion Flare….I’ve never heard of that attack before,” Reggie gasped loudly as he was smacked on the floor by a powerful shockwave.

The golden blast had made its way through Gensects beam and hits its mark, causing the large Pokémon to beep loudly as it stepped back; its body surrounded by flames.

Victoryu wasn’t willing to end it there and proceeded to leap into the sky. The two sides of its V marks began to spark with blue colored lightning before its whole body was surrounded. Victoryu let out a mighty roar and fired two large blue thunderbolts down at Genesect causing the machine Pokémon to let out an agonizing scream into the sky as its body pummeled down onto the floor.

“We did it!” Reggie cheered, happiness running throughout his body as he looked at Genesect’s still body. Even after it seemed like things wouldn’t work out he had still been able to defeat the Pokémon.

“Simple minded child,” Cliff smirked. He started to break into laughter; making Reggie step back slightly as the man began to lose control. “Genesect is a Pokémon of legendary proportions. Do you really think that it could lose so easily?” He stretched his arm out towards Genesect who was now beeping once more and was beginning to lift its body from the ground.

“It’s still moving,” Reggie gasped in disbelief. Suddenly Genesect’s body surrounded itself with a pink aura. What followed was something that truly scared Reggie out of his wits. The wounds, broken parts as well as Genesect’s armor, it was all healed in a matter of seconds and the Pokémon was now back up without a scratch.

“A Pokémon that can keep fighting until it is completely annihilated. That is the power of Genesect!” Cliff roared, his laughter no longer being contained. “Attack!”

“Victoryu!” Reggie yelled. It was to no avail, though, as Genesect fired a powerful white colored beam from the cannon, the beam heading straight towards Reggie and his Pokémon. Victoryu was hit by the beam before it was able to counter and it instead used its strength to protect Reggie.

However, once the attack had reached it its body started to give out and began to glow once more. Reggie’s eyes widened as he saw the beam crashing against his body and make him scream in agony, along with the now separate Chigon and Victini.

Reggie hit and bounced on the ground multiple times as he slid along the floor; the bodies of the two defeated Pokémon lying to his sides. “And that is all,” Cliff snickered.

Reggie panted loudly; blood running down his forehead and nose. I guess…I really wasn’t able to do it after all…this hero crap, I mean. He thought as his eyes looked at Genesect who was now moving closer to him.

As if on cue a powerful blast fell down from the sky and pierced Genesect; causing Cliff’s victorious smile to vanish from his face almost instantly as Genesect’s body was replace by a large and powerful explosion.

The explosion was quickly contained by a large pink sphere that formed around it; the sphere seemingly containing the force of the explosion and shielding the city from further destruction. Reggie didn’t even have time to react as all this happened in front of him, an unknown force had destroyed and controlled the blast in what seemed like less than a second.

“All right, time for this thing to end,” Reggie raised his head slightly as he turned towards the police cars that had stopped all around Cliff. Lights were shining down on the two of them as a man began making his way towards the two; a gun at hand and a Metagross and Absol by his sides.

His blond hair fell down onto his shoulders, covering his ears and part of his neck. He was wearing a long brown jacket that reminded Reggie of the detectives he had read of back when he was a kid. Even his clothes resembled a detective, with a pair of long black formal jeans and a flannel black colored shirt matched by a white dress shirt and red tie. He also had a pair of round glasses that surrounded serious grey eyes.

But the thing that got Reggie’s attention the most wasn’t the man’s appearance, but the pouch that he was wearing around his waist. There was a grey Sinnoh Pokédex inside the pouch and it seemed to be beeping slightly through the garments. “My name is Thomas Gray, and I’m an agent of InterPol. You sir are now under arrest,” the man spoke in a cold, demeaning tone as he looked at Cliff.

End of Chapter 14
Next Time: Realization

Last edited:
Well, I didn't expect that. And I surely didn't expect a new character, haha. :p

Though I liked this chapter, I'm glad you didn't give Victoryu an instant victory which would have felt really cliché. Also, interesting developments regarding Freed - I knew there was something up with him.

Keep it up!

Interesting concept you brought in this chapter with Chigon and Victini's fusion. That was something I didn't expect, I've gotta say.

Anyway, seems like this is the end of the Black Knights for the time being, but we're given a small amount of knowledge of another villainous team, including Freed being a former member of that said group.

I'm curious to see what's gonna happen to Reggie now that Interpol is involved, considering the fact that Chigon in his possession is an unknown Pokémon to most people.

Great chapter anyway, keep it up!

Yeah the Victoryu idea was something that I had from way back, I originally planned to end the fight with Reggie's victory but then I thought that it would be.

As for Thomas Gray, well he's a new character, that much I can give xD but I wouldn't expect a lot from him starting next chapter, though he will play a small role into things.

Also I'm glad you two liked Freed's secret, that one was a sort of last minute thing that came into my mind but it worked out pretty well. Expect to hear more about Memento Mori in the next chapter.

A new villainous group revealed, creating a new arc with the end of the current one.....Nice!

Strangely, while I was reading it, the thought of Chigon and Victini fusing into one popped into my head when Reggie told them to work together. Then voila, they fuse, so all I can say is.....I saw it coming -puts on sunglasses-

As for Gray.....he seems tough and all, but doesn't really spark my curiosity just yet, I'm more interested in what Clarice is up to now.

Well Memento Mori was revealed but we won't meet them just yet xD the group is still not good enough to meet them.

Damn it! xD and I thought I had surprised everyone, I guess I dropped more hints than what I wanted to drop.

Clarice? she left, yeah that's a scene that I left out from the chapter, Stacy and Allison weren't able to catch up to her and she escaped.

Chaosj2

Hey, good chapter. I wanted to comment faster but I had... erm.. other things to do.
(Dahm me and my newly found addiction to dragonball -.-")

That was good, I didn't expect a new character at all. Let alone one with a Metagross and Absol, that's pretty neat. For a second I thought you were describing Looker, but this Thomas guy seems to be interesting too.

I'm glad Victoryu wasn't the answer to everything. It would have felt a tad Deus Ex Machina-ish & cliche for Victoryu to easily beat Genesect, I'm glad you decided to go another route with Chigon's new form.

I really liked Reggie's line about not being able to pull through with his "hero crap" gives a sense of struggle and failure in his character and makes him feel more human and life like, I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Well Thomas works for the same Agency as Looker xD well former Looker, Looker's dead around the time SYR takes place but that's part of both Thomas's and Fin's backstory.

Yeah the hero crap line is actually really important and is a big hint for what's gonna happen for next chapter. Plus that line signals the beginning of the next story arc the "Fall from Grace Arc"

Hum..that actually sounds very interesting :O I'm assuming it's going to revolve around Reggie, but defiantly something to look forward to and makes me feel more interested in his character.

@AetherX ; @Instrutilus ; @Chaosj2 ; @Cosmos ; @BlueNostalgia ; @Lugion ; @Thundagere ; @Jinoga ; @Rob Anybody ; @IVI ; @Karpi;@Tsutarja ; @Octy ; @Gotpika @I'll try this out ; @Tophat Dragoneye; @Lady Lucifer; @Gundramon

And with that we finally reach the conclusion of the Castelia City Arc, this has taken a long time now that I think about. The chapter is a sort of transition chapter but it focuses on the character's thoughts following the fight against the Black Knights.

So, I hope you enjoy.

Chapter 15: Realization

“Come on pick me, pick me!” he could hear one of the boys screaming eagerly, his voice breaking through all the other screams that the other kids made.

Why where the so eager he could not understand. He wasn’t good at any sort of games and even if he was it wasn’t like people would pay attention to what he did. “Okay, okay I’ll pick you but you better not make me lose!” the boy replied loudly.

He moved on the swing slightly as he stared at the group of children; they hadn’t eve noticed that he wasn’t there anymore and how could he blame them, it’s not like they wanted him to play in the first place. He looked down at the floor his hair falling over him as he noticed the ground that his feet could barely reach. “Hey how about Reggie who is he going to play with?” the boy raised his head in one quick motion, a look of happiness going through his face as he looked at the group.

“Nah…we’re even anyways besides it’s not like he’s going to make much of a difference unless Alex is with him.” one of the two leaders replied with a shrug before turning around. No one protested or defended his case and instead proceeded to play their precious game.

He began sobbing; tears welling up in his eyes as he tried to wipe them off so as to avoid anyone from seeing his face. “Why…why can’t I do anything…” he cried in a low tone so as to avoid anyone else hearing him.

“You know if you cry you’ll just make things worse right.” Reggie raise his head to look at the man standing next to the swing. He had short black colored hair that was kept in a straight yet well combed fashion, his features seemed to resemble an older version of Reggie though he had some wrinkles and the expression on his face was one that could scare anyone away. “Crying won’t solve anything you know that’s not what your brother would do.”

Reggie sniffled as he looked at his dad and jumped off the swing. “I’m sorry…I just…”

Reggie gasped loudly, his body shooting upwards on the bed as he panted. Cold sweat ran down his face and body as he inspected the empty hotel room once more. The curtains were drawn over the windows of the room; making the whole room dark save for a small light that came in through the window.

Reggie laid back down on the bed his mind still not recovered after the dream he had experienced. “Why…” he muttered softly.

“Fuck I hate this,” Fin frowned his left hand trying to dig its way through the cast that had been put around his right arm. The wind started to blow against his face causing him to frown slightly and grab a hold of the rails of the roof. “How come whenever you get casted your hand starts iching.”

“It can’t be helped can it,” Skyla laughed her hair waving around with the wind; though unlike Fin she was actually welcoming them. “You were too close to the blast and you landed on your right elbow. You’re actually quite lucky the regeneration worked or else you would’ve lose the arm, the itch is merely a side effect.”

“Yeah but still now I’ve got this itch that won’t leave me behind,” Fin pouted as he looked towards Skyla; he blushed slightly before sighing in defeat. “So in the end we got our asses handed to us…damn it I hate when the police does their job right.”

“You’re just mad cause Gray was the one that ended up capturing them,” Skyla teased, a silly smirk crossing her face.

“I just hate that guy thinking he can live up to Looker’s shoes that easily just cause he’s a Pokedex Holder,” Fin frowned with rage as he clenched on the railing; though it wasn’t making much of a difference due to the little strength he had at the moment. “He acts all composed but I know the truth.”

“It’s been three years yet you still resent him.” Skyle walked over to Fin; putting her arm on his shoulder and making the teenager blush and look away. “You’ve grown so much in such a short time Fin, the fact that you were willing to risk your life to save me proves it.”

“Uh…well you know a man never leaves a lady behind in the face of danger and all that crap,” Fin shrugged; trying to act as if it was nothing. “Besides I couldn’t leave you to die not with those bastards anyways.”

“And I thank you for that…” Skyla leaned forward, making Fin step back as their lips met in one swift motion. Fin’s mind wasn’t able to react or even process what was going on and instead put his left arm over Skyla causing the woman to lean closer against him before parting her lips. “I like how you act all cutesy and nervous around me,” she giggled.

“It’s just I…don’t do that without warning me!” Fin exclaimed shyly; the blush on his face causing it to look completely red.

“No need to get so flustered,” Skyla giggled.

Fin turned back to the city; his face turning a lot more serious and solemn as he looked down. “I’m just worried you know about Reggie.” Skyla raised an eyebrow in confusion. “He must be pretty broken after losing against Cliff I heard they were barely able to regenerate Chigon’s and Victini’s wounds after the fight.”

“Losing is something that happens to everyone…”

“Yeah but he’s a lot more complex in that sense,” Fin nodded his head. “Reggie acts like a hero only because he wants to make himself think that he’s changed, however he’s still scared even if he acts as if he’s courageous it is only faux courage in the end.” Skyla just eyed Fin before smiling and moving closer to him; putting an arm around him without him noticing. “The guy can do so much but he’s never willing to let himself have confidence, always fearing defeat and loss…I worry.”

“Of course you do, because you’re just a big softy even if you don’t want to show it.” It was at this time that Fin noticed the arm that was over his shoulder. He blushed and turned to look at Skyla once more. “Why do you care about this Reggie guy so much anyways?”

“What can I say,” Fin laughed softly before he looked up at the sky his eyes looking like he was remembering something. “I guess I sort of see myself in him, we both want to come out of someone else’s shadow regardless of what happens.”

“You’re a good friend Fin,” she said softly before she started kissing him once more; her kisses becoming more passionate as Fin leaned against the steel bars.

“We’re in the roofstop of a hospital in the middle of the day, plus I’m injured” Fin chuckled.

“Well I closed the doors and quoting the words of a certain Fang Drac AKA Fin Wave, it just makes it more exciting. ” she said with a cheerful smile before going back to the kissing; their bodies slowly sliding down the bars and onto the floor.

“Best.field.trip.ever!” Fin called out.

“How are you feeling?” Jack asked as he looked at Marie from his seat. He was sitting next to her hospital bed; his hand right next to her face.

Marie, like Fin had had her arm casted, her left eye had gotten black due to the assault by Cassandra and Sandra and she seemed to be really beat up; along with having multiple cuts around her body. “Well it still hurts a little but I’ll be fine,” Maria nodded her head; she wincing a little as she moved.

“You know if you’re trying to make me feel better you suck at it,” Jack deadpanned before smirking at the girl. “I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to help, instead I got knocked around myself.”

“It’s okay what matters is that you’re all right after all. What did the doctors say anyways?” Maria asked as she finish sitting up on the bed; though it seemed to take a strain on her judging by her expression.

“Well they said that the effects of the regeneration of my right eye last year are still spreading around my body so I wasn’t as wounded as Fin,” Jack nodded his head sagely before grabbing a glass of water that was on the desk and taking a sip. “They said I was going to feel tire for the next couple of days but otherwise I was pretty much unhurt aside from a small concussion.”

“Well at least they made the field trip longer thanks to that attack,” Marie laughed. “Though I shouldn’t be glad about all the people that got hurt.”

“It still bothers me…that he saved you,” Jack stated bitterly; his head lying on top of his right hand whiel he looked towards the windows. “That Kevin Samuels guy I mean.”

“He isn’t such a bad guy you know,” Marie giggled loudly. “You just have to give him a chance.”

“I tell you there’s something about that guy, his intentions and everything just bother me,” Jack pointed out bitterly. “I swear to god that if something happens I’m blaming that guy instantly.”

Marie started to laugh uncontrollably; making Jack jump back as he looked at the shaking girl who was obviously being hurt due to her wounds. “Sorry it’s just…that is just like you.”

“What is?”

“Nothing, nothing it’s not as fun if I tell you,” Marie grinned. “You know Jack I…”

“Don’t speak you’ll just make the whole conversation in a hospital room sound more cliché,” Jack deadpanned as he held his right hand in front of Marie.

“Cliff Hermes the leader of the recently growing group Black Knights was arrested three days ago in Castelia City. While the city has sustained damages authorities have stated that the repairs will not take a huge toll in the city; though this changes remain to be seen.”

“While police has managed to catch most of Black Knight’s members there are still some members that remained to be seen, unfortunately they currently have no leads so we’ll just have to wait and see how this case fares out now we go back to you Kev.”

Everyone seemed to be paying attention to the TV, even waitresses had stopped working to see what the news would have to say. And who could blame them after Black Knight’s raid three days before the whole city had been lit aflame, frankly it was amazing that it hadn’t sustained economical damage.

“Look at them go acting like a bunch of scared animals,” a man sitting by the corner of the restaurant chuckled with amusement at the sight; his black eyes looking down at the coffee as if it was a luxury. “It always astounds me as to how simple humanity is to predict though I guess that’s what makes them so interesting right?”

“I see we have the same points of view,” Clarice smiled sweetly as she looked at the man from the other side of the booth. Her hair had been cut so that it would barely reach her neck and she was no longer wearing her glasses, instead she wore a pair of contacts that made her eyes turn into a gentle ruby color. “Well if we didn’t then I wouldn’t be looking to join you guys now would I?” She leaned her head against her eyes, her expression looking mesmerized. “Though you’re quite handsome too I didn’t think Memento Mori would have such a man running it.”

“I’m only one of the 5 Deaths is all,” the man nodded his head. “Clarice you shouldn’t say that name out loud you know,” he put his index finger in front of his mouth and pretended to shush her. “However I do think we could use you in Memento Mori someone that knows what interests her.”

“Yeah plus I have some information too,” Clarice smiled. “It’s about this kid he’s a student from Elem…”

“I know of Reggie Damon and Chigon already but how do I say it…they don’t matter,” the man spoke bluntly and in a more sinister tone of voice. “They’re just a feather dancing around in a hurricane however if they were to unite with ‘him’ then things could get dangerous.”

“Him?”

“The man that could destroy everything we’ve been constructing and the one that has the key to breaking our plans,” The man took a sip from his coffee before lowering the cup. “Alex Damon from Knight Academy if he and Knight Academy join with Elemental Academy things could really get dangerous.”

“However if we do nothing the only thing that will remain of those two is a bitter rivalry for dominance,” the man spoke in a more laid back fashion as he leaned back and eyed Clarice with beckoning eyes. “They will destroy each other and we will be the ones that stand on top in the end. So in that sense you might little Reggie Damon is the key to our victory.”

“You’re a really stupid kid you know that?” Thomas Gray looked down at Reggie; policemen surrounding him as they went on to take Cliff away. He knelt down and stretched his hand towards the young man so as to give him a way to stand from the floor. “What where you thinking by fighting against that guy.”

“No one else could do it,” Reggie coughed and allowed Thomas to lift him up. He didn’t want to look at the man though, just from seeing his eyes he was able to tell that he wasn’t approved of by him, a look that just made Reggie shake even more. “I had to help out.”

“You’re a freaking kid the only thing you’re gonna get from this is death you understand.” Thomas turned to look at Chigon and Victini. “See…get me stretcher for this two and bring the ambulance over!” he commanded after turning around towards the other police cars. “They could’ve gotten killed, in fact you’re lucky your wounds aren’t as bad.”

“I just…” Reggie looked down at the floor for a moment.

“Acting like a hero is foolish you’re young, you’re weak you shouldn’t even think about doing these type of stuff you hear kid.” The man turned around and passed his left hand over his head in annoyance. “Next time leave things to those that can handle it you shouldn’t fight if you’re not sure that you’re going to win.”

The memories flashed in front of Reggie’s eyes like a broken movie, the thought of Thomas’s words still making their way into his mind as he reminisced over his defeat. Even though Chigon had been able to evolve it still wasn’t able to come close to beating Genesect and the only thing it got him in the end was losing.

“Why can’t I win a single fight on my own I always have to rely on Chigon for everything,” Reggie moved around so that he would be sideways, his face looking at the window with curiosity.

“Can I come in?” he heard a soft whispered coming from the door. Even if it was soft Reggie could still recognize Valerie’s voice, though he didn’t reply in the end. “I’ll take that as a yes,” she nodded her head and closed the door.

She walked over to his bead and proceeded to sit down, her eyes looking down at him with a saddened expression. “You’ve been here for three days Reggie it doesn’t matter what you lost you shouldn’t be in this state.”

“I didn’t just lose, Chigon almost died cause of me,” Reggie muttered softly as he faced opposite from Valerie. “And I betrayed everyone’s trust too.”

“At least you were able to fight.” Valerie leaned against Reggie before she put her arm around his neck and put her head close to the back of his. “You did your best Reggie.”

“I don’t think we should be doing this…” Reggie deadpanned.

“I’m comforting you cause we’re family you’re a pervert for thinking anything more you creep,” she laughed before her voice began to get quiet again. “I don’t like to see you sad Reggie because you have no reason to be sad.”

“…”

Valerie got both of her arms around Reggie’s neck and began applying pressure; causing Reggie to grab a hold of the sheets and move around to get her hands up. “What the hell are you doing!?” he exclaimed; finally turning around to face her.

“Well I had to make you speak somehow,” Valerie laughed before she got over to the windows and began to lift the blinds; this in turn made Reggie jump back and cover his eyes. “You lost yourself, however moping around won’t do anything you hear.” She turned to look at Reggie; her eyes giving him a serious expression. “You’re sad because you lost, because you think that if you lose a fight then it proves you’re still the same boy you used to be. Well newsflash being strong in a battle doesn’t prove anything, if you want to change yourself and the way people look at you then put some effort into your own way of acting instead of trying to make yourself act like a hero!” he exclaimed; her index finger falling on him and gracing his nose.

“Forget about battling for a while okay, unless it’s with wild Pokémon, I want you to stop battling and just focus on your own aspects only then will you be able to truly change,” she scoffed and flicked her head back before leaning closer to Reggie. “I can’t help you out though,” she giggled. “It’s something only you can do okay cus?”

Valerie hugged him tightly causing Reggie to rest his head on her shoulder as his eyes began to drift away. He didn’t know what happened, but maybe it was the fact that he had barely gotten any sleep in the last few days. He felt his body go weightless and his eyes closing; sleep no longer being easy to shake off. “Sleep tight.”

End of Chapter 15
Next Time: The Great Detectives Claudia and Valerie

Last edited:
I am so happy for Fin!

And yay, character development for Reggie! But what does his brother have to do with everything?

A lot of character development in this chapter, especially to Reggie. And we even get to know the full extent of Fin's and Skyla's relationship!

Anyway, this is a good chapter to read, and I'm keen to see what will happen now that a new villainous team has entered the fray.

Best fieldtrip ever!

As long as we ignore the almost dying parts.

Anyway, so Alex is Reggie's bro who is the top student at Knight right? By the look of it, things are going to be tough later on, so unless Reggie manages to find out what 'strength' means, we're going to need Fin to go badass again since a certain badass decided to stay at school.....I bet if he was here they would have not only pwned Genesect, but captured it.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom