• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Pokemon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody

I'm not one for romance in general but I did like this chapter as well as the relationship between Miko and Reggie. Also, you might wanna proofread a tad more since I caught some typos in the mix. It was interesting to see Aileen and Roger, Reggie's parents and learning their personalities as well as giving a tad more depth to Roger and Reggie's father-son relationship and you really bring out the feeling of Reggie somewhat feeling inferior as well as unknowing in a way which was nice since I find that relatable in a few accounts since I haven't seen my own father in years.

I'm not sure who the cryptic characters in the end were but, it will be interesting to see where things head from this point on with what has happened. Not to mention Azure, Martin, Thomas, Reggie, Miko, The Enforcers, and the Memento Mori organization. If there's one thing for certain, everything can go wrong.

@Instrutilus; @Tophat Dragoneye; @Thabet; @Chaosj2; @Tsutarja; @AetherX; @Thundagere; @Gotpika; @System Error;

Here we are, the first chapter of part 2 this chapter is the first chapter of Club Battle Royale Arc which will in turn be divided into two subarcs

This story arc will mostly focus on Reggie and his friends as they try to become better and stronger while also dealing with other issues.

Also the Enforcers are the officials antagonists of this arc.

Chapter 26: Reggie vs Tyson, Win with One Shot

Reggie hummed silently while he dug his hands into his suitcase. He began to put his folded clothes onto his bed, only to see Chigon charge at the bed and begin jumping on top of it. “Stop that!” Reggie whined, his face becoming full of shock and disappointment as he saw the clothes that he had spent his time folding fall down onto the floor.

“Seriously, what am I gonna do with you?” Reggie sighed as he began to fold the clothes once more. He looked down at the bed of his dorm room once more.

Winter vacation had finally come to an end and now it was time for classes to start again. And Reggie was arguably more nervous than ever, he hadn’t been able to spend as much time with Miko after the two started dating due to her having to go back home; now it was going to be the two of them at school.

“I really hope I don’t mess this up.” Reggie sighed in frustration as he blushed. He didn’t know what he should do now that he was dating Miko, which was pretty ironic since before they were together he couldn’t stop thinking about what they should do.

“Chi?” Chigon raised an eyebrow at Reggie’s antics, causing him to frown before he stood up from the bed.

“I can’t think too much of it for now.” He sighed and ruffled the back of his head. “Okay, how about we go see if we can find the others?” he smiled as he saw the small dragon.

After he and Chigon had left the dorm room Reggie began to slowly make his way to the Pokemon Center, his nerves on meeting Miko once more causing him to treasure every second he had. He gulped slowly as he thought back to the kiss the two had shared at Christmas, to their sort of date afterwards and to what could come later. “I’m too nervous.” He sighed. “This is really hypocritical of me and I don’t like that.”

As he made his way into the Pokémon Center though he was able to catch something else that took his attention away.

A small crowd had gathered outside of the dorm and students were running both in and out of the Pokemon Center in expectation. “What’s going on now?” Reggie wondered to himself curiously as he slowly made his way towards the site where the crowd stood.

He kept hearing the unending chants of the students screaming “fight” over and over as he tried to make his way through the crowd and towards the center of the commotion.

Reggie gasped as he saw the two people standing in the center of the crowd. Fin was staring off with Tyson, who was flashing his typical grin as he looked at his underclassmen. “What do you want? Enforcer?” Fin was the first one to break the silence, his voice sounding bitter.

“Well, our very stubborn leader sent me over here to deal with a very intriguing manner regarding your uniform.” Tyson answered before pointing at Fin’s blue jacket as well as the marks of the sleeves that had been torn. “You’re always walking around with that torn uniform and that is against the rules of clothing. Now, you may use your uniform however you want but you cannot damage it,” he stated.

“I was never nagged about this before.” Fin frowned at him with disdain. He was mostly bothered by the fact that Tyson was specifically making a large crowd gather around them even though he was just going to visit Reggie. “I’ll wear the normal uniform if that’s what you want.”

“Okay, but you’re still getting the punishment.” Tyson nodded his head and grinned at Fin. “Since you’ve been breaking this specific rule for a year you will have to attend detention for the next two weeks.”

“It’s only a uniform, you corrupt egomaniac.” Fin stated dryly. “You’re gonna throw me in detention for a pair of sleeves?”

“Rules are rules.” Tyson stated bluntly. It was at this time that he finally noticed Reggie; who had managed to make his way into the center of the crowd. “Reggie Damon?” Tyson looked at Reggie for a moment before eying his uniform curiously. “You’ve got a uniform violation too.”

“Tyson, stop picking on him.” Fin frowned. “You came here for me.”

“I’m sorry, but him being part of my dorm makes it unable for me to ignore it.” Reggie gulped slowly, seeing Tyson walking towards him with his usual threatening expression. Reggie had developed a specific fear of Tyson ever since his meeting with the Enforcers; still remembering how the upperclassmen had claimed that he didn’t deserve to be in the red dorm.

“This uniform shouldn’t be worn by you.” He hissed and grabbed ahold of the neck of Reggie’s jacket forcibly; slowly pushing the boy forward. “This guy...just the fact that he’s addressed as a Charizard Flame is completely wrong.”

“Leave him alone!” Reggie turned his head around; noticing that Miko was standing only a few meters away from Tyson and scowling at him.

“See, that’s the face of a real Charizard Flame student!” Tyson announced. “Curiosity, bravery, and confidence, all aspects that you, my little friend, lack!” he exclaimed before pushing Reggie back; causing him to trip over and fall to the floor. “You, who relies on others rather than working for things yourself, you who’s always walking around scared and fearful, you don’t deserve to have that uniform!”

“We said stop.” Fin hissed. He and Miko stood between Tyson and Reggie. Reggie just looked at the two of them. That they were able to still protect him even though they could get in trouble—that was something that he couldn’t permit. He had promised to himself that things would be different, that he would strive to watch out for his own tail instead of relying on others.

“Move aside, guys.” Reggie muttered, the fact that he was trying to summon some confidence evident in his voice.

“Chi.” Chigon looked at Reggie expectantly as he saw the boy stood up and face Tyson once more.

“Oh.” Tyson whistled lowly, his face turning into a confused expression once he saw Reggie stand between Miko and Fin.

“Reggie, you do...”

“Fin.” Miko interrupted. She slowly shook her head at him before smiling at Reggie. She leaned forward and planted a gentle kiss on Reggie’s cheek; thus causing the boy to lose the confidence he had gathered and blush nervously. “Good luck champ, I’ll be cheering for you,” she encouraged and smiled before moving aside.

“Ok, what? I’m confused now.” Tyson scratched the back of his head; completely clueless as to what was happening.

“It’s very simple, Tyson.” Reggie muttered before slowly reaching out for one of the Pokéballs on his belt and stretching it outwards so that it would point at Tyson. “If you dislike me being in this dorm so much then let’s settle it like true Charizard Flames, a battle against each other!”

“Hah!” Tyson laughed. “Okay, I was wrong. Maybe you do have some heart in you, kid.” He laughed before slowly snickering. “But that will just make me enjoy this fight more.” He turned around slowly; making his way through the group and towards the dorm. “Let’s settle this in the field, then, kid.”

After Reggie and Tyson had moved into the dorm and to the field in the back it finally caused Reggie to realize something. There was too much of a gap between him and Tyson. Tyson, who had been the captain of the battling club and was the second strongest of the Enforcers, was too much of a comparison to someone that was still trying to get the hang of battling like Reggie.

He couldn’t give up though, not after he had shown off in front of everyone and even Chigon, who was even encouraging him now. “Chi!” Chigon cheered happily.

“Did you finally realize?” Tyson smirked while pocketing his hands. “The differences between us might as well be the differences between a tornado and a summer breeze.” He snickered before withdrawing his hands and grabbing one of the Pokéballs on his belt. “So tell you what? I’ll even give you an advantage. If you can land a clean hit on my Pokemon then you can stay, if not then you leave. Is that good enough for you?” he stared at Reggie; without waiting for the boy’s confirmation he released a large Infernape into the center of the field.

The flame on the Pokemon’s head increased inside as it roared loudly; pounding its fists against its chest. “He put it easy, though.” Fin smiled. “Reggie just needs to use Azumarill.”

Or at least that would’ve been the best case scenario. However, before Reggie was able to grasp Azumarill’s Pokéball he felt another one of his Pokéballs shake against his hip. He looked at the ball carefully and attentively, realizing what was happening. “I can see why you’d want to fight him.” He muttered before grabbing the ball in place of Azumarill’s.

“Let’s go, Monferno!” Reggie announced before releasing his Monferno out into the field; the fire type letting out a loud roar as soon as it came out.

Tyson stared at Monferno for a moment, his face looking as if he was trying to hold his laughter. “You serious? How much of an idiot are you!” he screamed, his laughter becoming harder to hold back. “I gave you that chance and you give me this? Do you seriously think such a weak Pokemon can do anything against me.”

“Ferno!” Monferno hissed uncontrollably, his eyes glaring at the Infernape that was standing in front of it. Reggie knew that he had made a wrong choice in picking Monferno as his but he also knew Monferno’s personality. Monferno looked back at him, his urge for fighting and proving that he was indeed strong showing in his eyes. Reggie wanted to show this confidence, he wanted everyone else to see that he and Monferno could strike at least one blow in the battle.

“Good luck Reggie!” Reggie opened his eyes widely after hearing Miko’s words of encouragement. “You can beat him, I know you can.”

“Miko.” Reggie whispered before smiling and nodding his head. “We’ll show you what we’ve got, Tyson!” he announced confidently; his fist clenching on instinct. “Let’s go Monferno, start off with a Mach Punch.”

Monferno charged forward at his further evolved opponent, drawing back it’s glowing fist for a punch However, before he could get closer the Infernape whipped its leg around and slammed it against Monferno. “My Infernape is known as an all rounder, it can attack equally with both its legs and arms.” Almost as if on cue Infernape slammed its own Mach Punch against Monferno’s exposed gut; sending him rolling back to Reggie.

Reggie gritted his teeth his eyes looking at Monferno as it struggled to get back up. “Battling isn’t just ordering attacks, one needs to have his or her own style of battling and the Pokemon have to be trained in a way to follow that style.” Tyson explained slowly; his Infernape getting back into position. “My fighting style relies on strong hits and speed, as thus my Pokemon have been trained so that they can react quickly and strike hard against their opponents.”

“Unless you can develop your own fighting style there’s no way you can beat one of us Enforcers, this is because of a very simple fact.” Tyason smiled confidently. “Each one of us has been classified as prodigy not just in our hobby but in battling as well, and each one of us has developed their own unique fighting style.”

Reggie gritted his teeth in frustration. Monferno had only been hit once but he could already tell that they would have to try really hard to even land one hit. “Monferno use Overheat!” Reggie hoped that long ranged attacks would be more effective, and, as he spoke, Monferno fired a powerful beam of fire at Infernape.

Infernape didn’t hesitate and instead charged at the blast. It held its head forward and increased the flames on its head even more; causing the flames to envelop the blast that Monferno had fired and absorb it into the larger monkey.

Monferno wasn’t willing to withdraw, though, and proceeded to charge at Infernape once more and throw a frenzy of punches. The larger ape was able to easily dodge them, shaking and moving the attacks aside as if they were nothing. “This is pathetic.” Tyason smirked. “Mega Kick!” Infernape roared before proceeding to slam its right foot against Monferno’s face; sending the smaller monkey crashing against the floor. “Now use Slash attack.”

“Dodge and hit him with your own Slash!” Reggie yelled desperately.

Infernape was the first one to attack, its claws becoming longer before it thrusted them down on Monferno. Monferno quickly sidestepped and stuck its own claws out.

‘Close Combat.” Infernape was quicker than Monferno and as thus was able to throw a barrage of punches and kicks on Monferno; the Pokemon howling in pain as it was battered and bruised by the attacks.

Reggie didn’t know what to do; no matter what attack he ordered Infernape would always move faster and attack harder than Monferno ever could. He clenched his fist in frustration; his head turning to look at Miko. She seemed…almost upbeat, though, her face not having lost that genuine smile that she had been donning.

She believed in him, believing that he would be able to get out of that situation like he had done in all those previous ones. “Chigon chi chi!” Chigon cheered from behind him; the little dragon unwilling to distrust Reggie as well.

Something lit up inside of Reggie’s head at that moment. The Close Combat that Infernape had used before still stuck in his head. He smiled a bit and looked at Monferno. He didn’t know if his plan would work out due to Infernape’s speed; but it was the last chance he had. “Okay Monferno, let’s do this!” Reggie announce.

“Infernape, stand at the ready.” Tyson commanded.

“If his Infernape has been trained in speed and power then we just have to move faster and hit harder.” Reggie gained a determined expression and clenched his fist. “Monferno, Fire Punch and Close Combat!”

“A combo attack.” Fin gasped.

“Combo attack. Gatling Fire Punch!” Reggie yelled as Monferno held both of its fist out and surrounded them by flames. Monferno howled loudly and charged forward with all the speed it could muster; its fists moving back rapidly.

“Infernape, counter with Mega Kick!” Infernape threw its right leg forward at Monferno once more. However, Monferno was able to sidestep from the attack this time and reached the spot right in front of Infernape. “Damn it.” Tyson groaned.

Monferno let loose an assault of fire fists down onto Infernape, its arms moving at such a great speed that it seemed like he had gained multiple limbs just for that attack. Infernape began to desperately dodge as each of the fire bullets sped past it; its body and legs losing their momentum and stamina.

“We can still land a hit!” Tyson roared. At that moment something that no one could’ve forseen occured. Infernape, who was quick on its legs, slipped on the field; its other leg lifting off from the ground and unbalancing him.

“Now!” Reggie screamed, his eyes gleaming with the thirst for victory as Monferno landed a powerful blow against Infernape’s stomach and sent the larger ape rolling on the ground with a mighty roar.

While Infernape had gotten up from the ground almost immediately the crowd still stayed silent. No one was able to believe what had just happened, even if it had been only one hit, the fact that Reggie had been able to break through Tyson’s style of battling was still an amazing sight. Tyson and Reggie ignored everything, though, neither of them willing to turn their gazes away from the other.

“Am I a Charizard Flame now?” Reggie asked, his determined expression never faltering.

Tyson smiled a bit before lowering his head. His smile slowly turned into a smirk before he began breaking off into a laugh. “Yeah, sure. Why not?” He laughed. “You did win according to the rules.” He stated while looking at Reggie. “That was a good match, though if you really want to stand a chance I suggest that you develop your own fighting style.”

“This fighting style that he keeps talking about. Is it really that important?” Miko wondered as she turned to face Fin; who was still staring at the battlefield. “I mean, I’ve seen a lot of battles and I never see anyone fighting with a specific style.” She stated quizzically.

“Not a lot of trainers can develop their own style but yeah, it is very important.” Fin nodded his head. “You see, a fighting style basically defines how a Trainer trains his Pokémon, what attacks he should aim to teach them, and how he should win his fights. This also affects their strategy as well.”

“Developing a genuine fighting style is hard though, there are Gym Leaders that still don’t have a specific style to them and even some professional trainers.” He explained before grinning. “The Pokédex Holders are an example actually, they all were able to develop their own styles at a very young age which is why they are such amazing Trainers. Having a style is indeed important at the end of the day, though it does have its weaknesses as people are able to figure out how to defeat you without having to think too much.”

Miko still didn’t understand though, why it was so important for a Trainer to have a style so badly when they could just train their Pokemon freely. “Take Jack, Darren, and Kevin for example. Darren’s style relies on power and strong attacks while Jack’s style focuses on strategy. Kevin on the other hand has a completely different style that relies on deceit and feints but it is something like that.”

Miko stared at Reggie, her face going from serious to happy once more as she walked over to her boyfriend’s side. “You did great, I’m so proud!” Miko cheered before wrapping her arms around him form behind, causing Reggie to blush wildly once he felt her arms. “Good work. You proved them wrong Reggie.”

“Thanks, I...I did my best.” Reggie stuttered shyly while ruffling the back of his head. He and Miko smiled at each other before sharing a kiss and then parting.

“Oh come on Miko, I was gonna kiss him.” Fin joked as he walked over to Reggie and ruffled his hair; causing the Charizard Flame student to laugh. “Did you grow into a pair?” He teased; noticing that Tyson was walking past them.

“You’ve progressed.” Tyson stated. “However, I suggest that you don’t stop progressing.” He grinned. “If you really want to prove yourself to us then you’ll have to become better, all of you will.”

“Yeah, yeah, put a cork in it.” Fin frowned.

Reggie knew that he would have to become stronger, he had a lot of time to after all. He nodded his head at Tyson slowly before turning to Miko. “Let’s go, how about some dinner.”

“I would like that.” Miko smiled warmly.

Brendan stared at the small notebook in front of him, a grin spreading across his face as he leaned against his seat. “Finally time.” He sighed to himself as he closed the notebook slowly. “So it’s finally time to start huh?.” He wondered, looking at Keith and Alexa, who were standing in front of him.

“Yes, principal.” Alexa nodded her head. “We’ve checked the funds of the clubs as well as their members and we believe that this would be a good choice to settle the matter of the recent increase in funds that the academy received.” She explained before showing Brendan the list of papers that she was carrying in her hand.

“I see.” Brendan smirked as he read through the papers. “This is indeed a good idea.” He pointed out. “Okay then, I guess I’ll do it. What will we call it though?”

“Elemental Academy Club Battle Royale.” Keith stated bluntly. “That will be its names, a tournament where all the clubs will compete against each other.”

End of Chapter 26
Next Time: Reggie's Proposal

A very interesting chapter filled with action and suspense since I'll admit, even I didn't know what would happen :p

I did think he would lose halfway through the match though, but the combo move was a genuinely good plan. Can't wait to see what kind of style Reggie develops as he trains. As for the tournament.....can you say amazingly awesome amount of action condensed together with a training montage? Bold prediction, will come down to newspaper vs enforcers :p

You did much better with typos this time around, though I noticed 1

The flame on the Pokemon’s head increased inside as it roared...
Shouldn't it be in size?

Either way, keep up the good work :p

:p is my favorite face of all XD

Seems like Tyson have gained a little respect for Reggie after the battle. It's nice to know that he isn't a complete idiot.

The battle itself was also very good, you could tell that Reggie was at disadvantage, but his clever thinking helped him and Monferno through.

Not a lot of typos either, which is a good thing. Keep up the good work.

I thought the fact that Reggie knew he had made a bit of a bad choice and pointing it out himself meant he would for sure lose. Interesting that that Enforcer has a gained a bit of a respect for him. Monferno VS. Infernape was nice, as I did/do like evolutionary battles like that, probably from watching the anime. Monferno hitting Infernape once was certainly more realistic than Monferno KOing the larger ape. I liked the description on Close Combat moving so fast it looked as though it was making many limbs just for that attack, very descriptive. So, a battle tournament interesting.

second strongest of the Enforcers, was too much of a comparison to someone that was still trying to get the hang of battling like Reggie.
Errr....it seems like you're making Reggie too static. If he truly "is still trying to get the hang of battles" it does seem a bit forced for him or his Monferno to even be able to touch Infernape, or do any damage or have attacks of that power-level or pull off such a powerful combination. Reggie has been at this for a while now and a few chapters ago went up against a crime boss. We clearly can see that Reggie is more than ready for battles and has been since the beginning of the story pretty much. That comment seemed a little too static for my taste, because again, he's clearly doing fine in battles and it feels forced to have him Pokemon at such a power level if he is just now getting the hang of this after such a long time and many battles where we see his prowess as a trainer.

Final comment, please proofread, proofread, proofread. The inconsistency with the Pokemon being referred to by their genders got on my nerves a bit. Also, I assuming you're gonna be breaking the four-move limit? Just curious.

It was indeed a nicely written battle-chapter.

Last edited:
Actually I should've proofread that, I meant to type that he was still trying to get the hang of battling again since he had been out of it as for his victory with Martin it was mostly cause he had Johann's assistance.

And yeah the genders thing is something that I'm indecisive about I'll just refer to all Pokemon by it from now on since it's easier.

And yeah I never followed the four move rule from the start. In the universe of the fic all Pokemon start our with four basic moves but they can keep learning multiple moves throughout their battles.

Also Close Combat doesn't create multiple limbs it just increased Monferno's speed so much that it seemed like he had gained multiple limbs.

Oh, I love the fact he combined Fire Punch and Close Combat into a more powerful attack.

The chapter was good, though I really don't know whether to hate Tyson or feel slightly better about him because he actually acknowledged Reggie's improvement. Either way, he's still an ass and it will take a lot for me to like him. Also, I want Reggie to showcase his confidence more often. I was happy when he didn't let Miko and Fin defend him, he needed to stand up for himself and that's what he needs to do from now on, otherwise, the character development in the previous chapters will be useless.

I hope we see more of confident, badass Reggie. Anyhow, this was a good chapter!

@Instrutilus; @Tophat Dragoneye; @Thabet; @Chaosj2; @Tsutarja; @AetherX; @Thundagere; @Gotpika; @System Error;

Chapter 27: Reggie’s Proposal

“Stop the presses, everyone!” Fin yelled loudly as he paced around the Newspaper Club room; the paper machines were already going at a quick paces as multiple papers were printed every second.

“Fin? We can’t stop the papers; this is like, the best news story we’ve gotten in months.” Valerie deadpanned after hearing Fin’s statement.

“I know, but I wanted to say that anyways.” Fin grinned. He stretched his hand out and grabbed one of the papers. “As the new assistant editor I gotta follow my role.” He nodded his head.

“That’s not your role.” Reggie interrupted, he was carrying a large crate filled with newspapers before putting them by the entrance. “Besides, you only joined because of this announcement.” He looked at the newspapers which read “Elemental Academy Club Battle Royale” Reggie turned back to the others.

“Allison, get more ink.” Darren pointed out simply, only to receive a frown from Allison.

“I’m not gonna follow your orders!” Allison whined.

“Allison, get more ink.” Claudia interrupted before letting out a soft giggle at seeing Allison follow her.

“So annoying.” Darren sighed in frustration. “Anyways, how does this club tournament thing work anyway?” Darren asked curiously.

They had only received the news from the principal the day before but already the whole school was buzzing, clubs were already preparing for what was to come and each was willing to give it their all. “Well, according to this.” Claudia spoke. “It seems that one month from now a tournament will start where all the clubs are set to face each other.”

“The tournament will follow a specific program in which a club may challenge one of the other clubs to a battle, when this is done the club that does the challenge will have to compete with the challenged club in a game that focuses on that club’s role.” She explained before turning the page. “The tournament will last for a week after which the winner will be given extra funds along with a bonus price.”

“You know what this means, right?” Fin smirked. “We can finally fight against those damn Enforcers without breaking any rules!”

“That’s the only thing in your head, isn’t it?” Miko deadpanned.

“Actually, I’m interested in that too.” Darren interrupted, his eyes turning to look at the others. He had recovered from his wounds of the fight against Keith, and he was willing to get his revenge for the embarrassment that he had suffered. “I really hate that Keith guy.” He frowned.

“Well, we’re just glad you’re okay.” Reggie stated uneasily. He stared at Darren, almost as if there was something that he wanted to say but couldn’t.

“You guys are way too battle crazy, besides, it’s not like we can compete anyways.” Miko sighed.

“Wait...why not?” Fin asked, his face and tone of voice sounding completely discouraged and broken.

“It’s against the rules.” Valerie informed slowly before showing him the newspaper once more. “All clubs need to have a teacher that watches over their activity, unfortunately, our Newspaper Club is so....important,” she stated with a hint of sarcasm and bitterness. “We’re the only ones that don’t have one.”

“So that means we have to find a teacher than can watch over us before the tournament begins.” Fin pointed out.

“Well, we did have one.” Claudia stated. She then lowered her head a little and looked down at the floor once more. “It was Mrs. Agatha Shadow, but she retired last year,” she pointed out sulkily.

“Don’t be depressed, Claudia.” Reggie patted her back, knowing that Claudia got discouraged whenever she remembered how much the Newspaper Club was undervalued compared to the others. “We’ll get a new teacher representative and then we’ll show them what we’re made of.”

Miko smiled cheerfully. She knew that Reggie would always be able to pull out his confidence around the group and just seeing that he was trying his best made her glad once more.

Claudia was glad as well, after what had happened in the woods before winter break she had become worried about Reggie’s well being. Needless to say the fact that he was trying to lift her confidence was a sight that she missed.

“Reggie’s right...though maybe I should just join the Gardening Club like Jack did.” Fin crossed his arms.

“No!” Miko announced. “We all got Jack to join that club because we wanted him to spend time with Marie anyway, your annoying side will ruin that.” Miko frowned at Fin.

Fin put his hand to his chest melodramatically and began walking back. “Oh my, that hurt me in my heart!” he announced dramatically.

“Dude, shut up.” Allison gave him an unamused expression. “Anyways, is there anyone that we can ask?”

“Actually I do have an idea.” Miko smirked before standing up from her seat. “Fin, Valerie, Claudia, you guys come with me.”

“What about us?” Allison asked before looking at Reggie and Darren.

“You can go get that ink.” Darren pointed out in a bored tone. He noticed Reggie walking over to him slowly while looking away nervously. He and Reggie hadn’t spoken to each other since their discussion last semester and as such both of them, even Darren, were nervous to talk to each other.

“Sorry...” was all Reggie muttered before he went quiet again. “About what happened before, and the way I acted. You were right though, I was being selfish and only worrying about my things.” Reggie admitted. Darren was someone important to him, mostly because he was the first person not to be afraid to tell him what he thought. “And on that end I also wanted to ask a favor of you.”

“What is it?” Darren asked, he really was curious as to what Reggie could want.

“Can you train me?” Reggie stated bluntly, his eyes never leaving Darren. “Physically, I mean. I want to learn to fight physically and I also want to get stronger..”

Darren gazed up and down Reggie’s body, his eyes surveying every inch of him as well as his built. “Why?” he asked curiously. “Why is it so important?
And why me?”

‘Because...” Reggie hesitated. ‘I want to become stronger in case something bad happens, I’m tired of being useless, both with Pokémon and physically.” Reggie nodded his head. “As for why it has to be you...well, I’ll just feel more comfortable.”

Darren scanned Reggie once more, scratching the back of his head in thought before sighing. “Okay.” He nodded his head. “I guess this is at least a step up from your attitude from before.” He nodded his head. “However, I don’t know how much I can deal with.”

“Can you teach me? The tournament starts in one month.” Reggie pointed out, his face never changing from his determined expression.

What are you planning? Darren wondered, he had never seen such a face on Reggie; it wasn’t just determination, it was almost as if he had completely put his mind on something. “Okay, I’ll help.” At that moment he stood up and began walking towards the door. “Allison, make sure that the printers finish their job. Reggie, follow me, I gotta see what you’ve got.”

“Okay.” Reggie nodded his head, partly happy that Darren had accepted and another part nervous as to what he might have to do.

“Hmp.” Allison frowned. She turned to the printers as her face fell slightly once she realized that she was now alone. She sighed slowly and proceeded to go search for the ink. “I guess it doesn’t matter,” she muttered. “I’m just a first year anyways...not like they’ll actually pay attention.”

Miko, Fin, Claudia and Valerie made their way through the halls of the castle, their eyes set for the teacher’s lounge. Claudia just stared at Miko though, her mind trailing off into her own thoughts. After she had heard that Reggie and Miko were dating she couldn’t help but feel a bit bad. She knew that Reggie liked Miko so she was happy that he was able to get what he wanted, but she still felt bad and jealous that in the end she hadn’t been able to change his mind.

“I was actually kind of surprised that you and Reggie started dating.” Fin spoke while putting his hands behind his head. “I didn’t think the guy even had the courage to speak out but I’m glad it all worked out.” He chuckled.

“Yeah.” Miko smiled. “We were both nervous about it honestly.” She laughed. “But yeah, it’s fun. I mean, I’m glad that Reggie was finally able to tell me how he felt.”

“So who is it that we came to speak with?” Claudia interrupted; preferring to change the subject of the conversation.

Miko just grinned before she opened the door to the teacher’s lounge, revealing all of the desks that were stationed all around the room, as well as desks that were put together so that teachers shared space. Sitting atop one of the desks was Stacy. She was drinking a fresh cup of brew, with a relaxed expression on her face. “You sure look calm for someone that’s supposed to be a biology teacher.” Miko joked.

“Just because I’m a teacher doesn’t mean that I can’t be relaxed.” Stacy giggled before taking another sip from the cup. “Plus, I had a really refreshing winter break.”

“I can bet.” Valerie deadpanned.

“Oh, hush.” Stacy frowned. “I don’t mean that...well, maybe it’s just that all the teachers are so focused on this Club thingy and I’m the only one that has nothing to do.” She actually pouted a bit as she said this and lowered the cup onto the table. “I feel like dead weight.”

“Well, isn’t that just a coincidence.” Miko faked a gasp, trying to hide her intentions as best she could. “We were coming here to ask you for a favor.” She stated sweetly; her fake smile now giving way to a wider, more cheerful grin. “Would you like to watch over the Newspaper Club during the club tournament in one month?”

Stacy looked at Miko for a moment, before a rueful smile crossed her face. “No.” She shook her head cordially before going back to her tea.

“Goo...wait, what?” Miko gasped a bit, she hadn’t expected for Stacy to say no to her offer, and it seemed like the rest of the group was equally shocked.

“You guys are only asking me this because you want to participate in that silly little tournament, which, by the way, I don’t see as all that useful to begin with.” Stacy stated truthfully before putting her cup down once more. “I’m not gonna supervise a group of people that are only using me to fit their own selfishness. Besides, I’m not that interested in the Newspaper Club.”

“Why not?” Valerie asked.

“Well first of all, I don’t really know much about newspapers.” Stacy listed. “Second of all, newspaper is an old art, not a lot of people pay much attention to it when they could just read it on the internet or watch it on TV.” She explained carefully, noticing that the group seemed to have lost some of their morale. “I’m sorry, but that’s just how it is.”

“Actually...I’ve been thinking about that too.” Claudia interrupted; in turn obtaining the group’s attention. “Um...even with our latest news not a lot of people really pay attention to the newspaper as it is. Like Stacy said, it’s an old art.”

“It is because of this that all the old members of the Newspaper Club left, after all.” She looked down at the floor, her face saddening this time as she remembered the days she had had to spend alone in the newspaper room. “That’s why I’ve been wondering if we tell the principal, maybe he can let us change it a bit.”

“How so?” Fin asked, he really was curious now after what Claudia had said.

“We can focus on something besides newspapers, magazines from overseas take days to get here and because of that people get the information later than usual, there are some things you can’t find in the internet, after all.” Claudia explained. “Stacy, you’re an ex-model, I’m sure you must have some contacts.”

“Only on the show business aspect,” Stacy scratched her chin. “Though a magazine focusing on information of this academy with information from outside is good as well,” she stated while smiling. “Yeah, a magazine would be good.”

“Oh, and we can make news reports too!” Valerie called out. “I mean, there are some rooms that aren’t in use, maybe if we can get the principal to let us use them then we can do news as well, that should gather some attention.”

“So we wouldn’t be the Newspaper Club anymore.” Miko shook her head. “Media Club, that sounds a bit more fitting...I like it.”

Stacy didn’t reply, instead opting to hear the students before she nodded her head and stood up. The group looked at her, each of them awaiting for her final reply. “Fine.” She smiled. “I’ll help supervise you guys so that you can participate in the tournament and also help you prepare the Media Club.”

“And if we win then we can use the funds to buy the equipment for the club.” Miko smiled cheerfully.

“And I can finally be part of a news report!” Valerie cheered.

“Okay then News....I mean, Media Club, let’s go get those funds!” Fin yelled, throwing his fist into the air and getting the girls to cheer along with him.

Darren and Reggie were standing in Darren’s training field, the two of them standing parallel to each other as Darren scratched his chin in thought. Reggie scratched the back of his head slightly; a bit nervous as to what Darren was doing. “So, are you going to teach me how to fight?”

“Fight, my ass.” Darren muttered. “Teaching you how to fight would be like teaching a Slowpoke how to juggle.” He looked at Reggie dryly.

Reggie didn’t know what to reply to that, Darren had told him that he was going to help him get stronger, but now he was refusing to teach him to fight. He looked down at his hand, he knew that he would need to learn as he couldn’t rely on his Pokémon for everything. “First you need to work on your physique.” Darren interrupted.

“Humans are like Pokemon, you need to train your own body before you can jump in the battlefield. If you’re not physically ready then you can’t do it.” He shook his head and began walking closer to Reggie. “That’s why during this one month I will train your body like never before.” This was the thing that finally made Reggie realize his true fear, the expression of slyness and expectation that Darren had on his face was enough to make him step back.

“O....okay...” Reggie chuckled nervously, afraid of what Darren might have in store.

“Push ups, sit ups, weights, runs, pull ups. Learn it, live it, love it.” Darren snickered, probably one of the few times he had done such a thing.

The Enforcers had gathered in their room once more, all four of them sitting down and staring at the door in expectation. “So they’re finally here, huh? The Cinquième et sixième Enforcers?” Angelo spoke while painting on the table; though it didn’t seem like any of the other Enforcers seemed to mind.

“That means fifth and sixth for those that may not know.” Alexa interrupted, shooting a harsh glare to Angelo once she finally noticed what he was doing. “But yes, they should be coming here now.” She nodded her head.

At that moment the doors of the room opened, revealing two figures that were standing by the entrance. The first one was a girl wearing a white long sleeved jacket, with the edges, neck, and her skirt blue. She had long brown hair that fell down to her neck and was riding a mechanical wheelchair. The chair moved via a small control pad installed on the right side of the chair.

“It’s nice to see you all.” The girl bowed her head respectfully.

“The one, known as the best strategist in the school and the smartest student of the whole academy, is Zephyr Rhodes.” Keith smiled as he walked towards her and held her hand softly. “I am pleased to know that someone like you decided to join us as I do hear that you barely come to school anymore.”

“I’m trying to change that fact, thank you.” Zephyr nodded her head politely. “It is nice to be here, I have been gone lately due to multiple hospital stays and check ups, but I am fine now.”

“She’s the best strategy.” Tyson called out; only to receive a kick by Alexa and whine in pain. “Damn it.” He groaned.

“I do know my situation might cause people to think otherwise.” Zephyr frowned. “But I do take merit in my abilities.”

“Zephyr was Agatha’s best student and her favorite third year student.” Keith informed before he turned to the other figure. “You are a more unexpected presence actually...Kevin Samuels.”

Kevin smirked as he walked into the room and scanned each of the Enforcers, his blond hair waving around a little. “You can say I’ve got some...business to take care of.” He grinned slyly. “I hope you guys can help me out.”

“Do tell.” Alexa beckoned.

To be Continued

End of Chapter 27
Next Time: The First Challenge and the Fifth Meeting

Intersting chapter, despite no action, the tension was still there :p

NEWSPAPER CLUB IS EVOLVING! don't press B man, don't

Glad to see everyone's favorite badass making a comeback ready to teach a slowpoke to juggle. And I actually had forgotten that Fin, Jack and Marie weren't in the News- I mean soon to be Media Club I'm serious man, don't push B Glad to see Fin in there now though I am kinda worried our heroes may have to face Jack eventually.

Allison, poor poor Luigi I mean Allison. So ignored by everyone in the story, though the fans still love ya! (at least I like her)

Quick question though, how do two people stand parrallel to each other?

Kevin as an Enforcer though, that seems so odd, and dangerous......oh boy.

dude, DON'T PUSH B. Think of the new stats!

Keep up the good work :p

Yeah poor Allison, I've been meaning to give her some more attention so you should definetily keep reading if you like her :)

Well if they'll face against Jack or not will depend, they're all going after the Enforcers so they would have to end up fighting against each other at some point.

A great chapter, things are really beginning to develop. From Reggie receiving training from Darren (or torture, depending on which perspective you're looking from considering Darren's nature), the newspaper club now expanding to not only newspapers, but the Internet and beyond the academy. Also nice to know that the club now can take part of the upcoming tournament after Stacy agreed to supervise them.

Speaking of the tournament, it's going to be interesting to see the other clubs in the academy, though the Enforcers most likely will be the center of attention (which they already are now that Kevin is part of them).

I figured in light of the awards I'd do a proper review. My usual format...

Personal Responses:
Chapter 26:
I was looking forward to this chapter, as I was quite interested to see how this new Reggie will hold up back at the Academy. Breaks from the school setting are always welcome, but it's refreshing to come back.
“Well, our very stubborn leader sent me over here to deal with a very intriguing manner regarding your uniform.” Tyson answered before pointing at Fin’s blue jacket as well as the marks of the sleeves that had been torn. “You’re always walking around with that torn uniform and that is against the rules of clothing. Now, you may use your uniform however you want but you cannot damage it,” he stated.

Wow, this guy's a prick.

While Infernape had gotten up from the ground almost immediately the crowd still stayed silent. No one was able to believe what had just happened, even if it had been only one hit, the fact that Reggie had been able to break through Tyson’s style of battling was still an amazing sight. Tyson and Reggie ignored everything, though, neither of them willing to turn their gazes away from the other.

“Am I a Charizard Flame now?” Reggie asked, his determined expression never faltering.

He won? Reggie won? Reggie? mind. blown. Reggie's been so emo and wimpy for so long I almost forgot that he could win at all! At least Tyson can be reasoned with. Perhaps he's not such a prick after all. Or is he? I guess only time will tell Tyson's true colors.

Chapter 27:
This chapter was mostly a set up for something more. Nothing like anticipation to set the mood. Not to mention things were pretty lighthearted here.
“The tournament will follow a specific program in which a club may challenge one of the other clubs to a battle, when this is done the club that does the challenge will have to compete with the challenged club in a game that focuses on that club’s role.” She explained before turning the page. “The tournament will last for a week after which the winner will be given extra funds along with a bonus price.”

Interesting... This doesn't seem like it's going to be all about Pokemon battles, which should prove to be fun. By the way, I think you meant "prize" not "price"

“Hmp.” Allison frowned. She turned to the printers as her face fell slightly once she realized that she was now alone. She sighed slowly and proceeded to go search for the ink. “I guess it doesn’t matter,” she muttered. “I’m just a first year anyways...not like they’ll actually pay attention.”

SO. MUCH. ANGST.

“Fight, my ass.” Darren muttered. “Teaching you how to fight would be like teaching a Slowpoke how to juggle.”

Ouch. That's cold.

Reggie didn’t know what to reply to that, Darren had told him that he was going to help him get stronger, but now he was refusing to teach him to fight.

Reggie is one of the few characters where it isn't out of place for him not to realize that he was just blatantly insulted.

“Push ups, sit ups, weights, runs, pull ups. Learn it, live it, love it.”

This sounds strangely familiar. Only this time with 100% less stick-dodging.

“So they’re finally here, huh? The Cinquième et sixième Enforcers?” Angelo spoke while painting on the table;

Speaking of sticks, can someone please take out the one that this guy has in his ass and beat him with it?

Analysis and Criticism:

PLOT: As I always say, it's impossible for any character to avoid a big, steaming pile of plot. At first it didn't seem like much happened in these chapters, but when you think about, they're really building up to something. The concept of developing a fighting style seems like it will be an important part of this arc at the very least, if not the rest of the story. Although Reggie won an important battle, he will undoubtedly face many more in the coming chapters and he will have to be prepared. I could write these two chapters off as filler and therefore give them a huge, stinking 0/10 as far as plot advancement goes, but that's not at all what they are. They're laying the groundwork for the rest of the arc (which seems like it's going to be a fun one, by the way) and they do an excellent job in that.

CHARACTERS: Although Reggie doesn't necessarily get development in these chapters, we finally get to see the fruits of his development from past chapters. The fact that he stood up for himself rather than letting his friends fight for him is something special. Then there is the fact that he ACTUALLY WON A FUCKING BATTLE! Now we just have to wait for him to win a regular battle (the fact that I set myself up for my own jokes that only I find funny is kind of sad, now that I think about it). Anyway, we didn't get to see much besides a spark of Reggie/Miko these two chapters, so I'll have to wait to see how you handle their relationship in the future. I'm interested to see what kind of couple they'll be. I think we can rule out the making out in public one, though. It was good to finally get some confirmation of Claudia's jealousy and her possible feelings for Reggie after you've been hinting at it for so long. Like I said. I'll spare judgement on all of this until it all gets a little more developed.

WRITING: Grammar mistakes and typos are ever your downfall, my friend. Read, re-read, re-re-read, and well... you get the point. It's frustrating to have a story that is trying so hard to suck me in when I kept getting jarred out of it by a grammar issue. I can only say to review your work more than you are at this point. You've definitely improved over time, but I'd hate to see you slip back at all. Don't discount the little red lines. I've gotten to adding fictional names and whatnot to my MS Word dictionary so that I know that I should always pay attention to alleged spelling errors. Moving away from the technical side of writing, I do enjoy the description you're using. I don't know if it's more than normal or what, but the battle especially was quite well done. If I may give one piece of advice, though: Your characters nod too much. It's like everyone's marching around as a bobblehead. If someone's agreeing or assenting, they don't always have to nod. Just something I noticed, not that big of a deal.

Overall and as always, I enjoyed both chapters and look forward to more. I apologize for any nonsensical ramblings or sentences that don't lead anywhere. As with everything that I write, I did this at 1AM. If you have questions or want me to point out examples, just say the word and I'll respond when I'm a bit more lucid. Not sure why it always works out this way...

It was a decent chapter. The club tournament looks to be pretty interesting, I can't wait to see how it unfolds. So the Newspaper Club abruptly develops into the Media Club, that's a drastic change. I wonder how things will be handled there now, Stacy was pretty fun. This chapter seemed to be mostly set-up for future chapters, can't wait to see how things move forward. Reggie will be training, without a doubt this will lead somewhere interesting, especially with the Enforcers being in this tournament.

Sorry for the long wait, some things popped up and my beta reader was having some trouble too, but now the new chapter's here so that's good at least :) this chapter will be the start of the club battle royale so enjoy.

Chapter 28: The First Challenge and Fifth Meeting

Elemental Academy was filled with life, the sound of music and enjoyment spreading through the castle area. The students walked around, talk or prepared each one with a different goal to accomplish on that specific day.

It had now been one month since the announcement of the Elemental Academy Club Battle Royale, or CBR as the students called it. Because of this classes had been let off for the whole week so as to allow clubs to challenge each other or prepare for challenges; this also gives students a chance to rest and enjoy themselves.

“The place looks all filled with life.” Fin beamed before taking a bite out of the corndog he was eating. He turned to look at Reggie, who seemed to be staring down at the floor and panting slightly. It had also been a month since Reggie started training with Darren, and due to this the boy had become a lot more...tired, to put it bluntly. “Darren working you to the bone?”

“Well I’m the one that asked for it so I’m partly guilty.” Reggie sighed in frustration before raising the shirt of his uniform slightly. He was wearing a suit field with multiple cylindrical pockets, each having a cylindrical black colored weight inside of it. “Darren won’t let me rest.” Reggie pouted. “The suit opens from the back and I don’t even know where the key is and if I take weights out Darren will notice.” He whined before looking down at Chigon; who seemed more concerned with all the food stands that they were passing through.

“Man that guy’s tough.” Fin laughed before taking another bite from his corn dog. “Anyways I’m going to meet with the girls today, why don’t you and Darren come I mean the challenges start today so we’re going to decide where we should go first.”

“Darren says he doesn’t want to participate.” Reggie sighed once more. “He said he’ll only compete if we’re going to fight against the Enforcers and frankly I don’t think I’ll be too useful.” Reggie shook his head in disappointment. “I’m too tired and Darren even has me on a diet until he considers me ready to move up to combat training.”

“I still remember that day I went to see you two and he was having you do pull ups upside down.” Fin nodded his head, feeling a bit bad for what Reggie was going through. “But you know, I’m glad that at least you’re dedicated to it, most people would’ve given up already.”

Reggie didn’t respond. He was actually considering given up on it, he had been the one to ask for the training but it had already been one month and he hadn’t learnt anything that had to do with any type of combat. He just turned to Fin and chuckled. “Yeah you’re right.” He nodded his head. “Well, I should get going before Darren gets mad, I hope you guys win.”

“Don’t doubt us.” Fin smiledbefore giving Reggie a thumbs up and walking back towards the castle.

Reggie had made it to his and Darren’s training ground in only a few minutes, now having become adept to the quickest route to the area. “You’re late.” Was the first thing he heard Darren utter as soon as he had come in contact with him. “For that you’re gonna have to run to the eastern edge of the island and back after we’re done with the session.” He stated simply.

“I’m sorry.” Reggie deadpanned, noticing that Chigon had now walked over to talk to Darren’s Pikachu. The Pokemons eemed to get along pretty well, unlike their two trainers. Reggie still thought that he and Darren at least had a sort of friendship but the way he had been treated both in and out of training by him was something that made him doubtful.

“Sorry doesn’t cut it.” Darren frowned. “It’s been one month Reggie and frankly I don’t think you’ve got what it takes yet.” He frowned before walking over to Reggie. Before Reggie could reply he felt a jolt of pain shoot through his leg and lost his balance, his body falling down as his legs were swoop by Darren’s.

“Ow!” Reggie groaned before rolling over on the ground. “That hurt, do you know how much it hurts to fall when I’m wearing this weight suit, how did you even sweep me off I’m wearing weights on my feet too.”

“I told you those were light.” Darren stated bitterly. “See you’re weak, know go run now maybe that’ll get some of your attitude off.”

Reggie fumed before pushing himself from the ground. He knew better than to pick a fight with Darren, especially if he was already handicapped enough. “Chi?” Chigon raised his eyebrow at Reggie in curiosity.

“Come on go, you should be back in an hour.” Darren waved his hand around; a way to urge Reggie to leave.

Reggie sighed, not really wanting to get into a discussion with Darren; mostly because he knew that Darren would just beat him up in the end. However, as he walked he finally noticed something that had passed him before, he and Darren were of the same height, even though Reggie was only able to reach his shoulders a month before they were now standing eye to eye with each other.

He decided not to comment on it though and opted for jogging out of the training area.

After leaving the training grounds Reggie kept running his way through the forest, with Chigon flying next to him. Thankfully, Darren had made out a path that he could take so as to avoid any encounters with wild Pokemon that might endanger him.

He still couldn’t understand it though, what was the point of having him do all that weird training when the only thing he wanted was to learn how to fight. He panted as he slowly came to a halt, the adde weight that was pushing his body was starting to become unbearable. “This is crazy.” He groaned.

In the distance he could see the academy’s greenhouse, the place that the gardening club usually used as their club room. “Maybe Marie and Jack are there, I could rest there at the moment.” Reggie muttered before he began walking towards the green house; signalling for Chigon to follow.

The two made it inside of the greenhouse, the smell of the plants and the humidity of the room causing Reggie to feel as if he was entering a jungle of sorts. “They really have this place well kept.” Reggie and Chigon walked in deeper, trying to see if they could find anyone from the gardening club.

He began to hear a gentle humming noise though. Chigon stared at Reggie for a moment; waiting to see what his trainer would do. “Anyone there?” Reggie asked as he began to follow the sound of the music, shaking some of the plants off while doing so.

He finally reached the source of the humming and saw the girl that was humming softly while smelling the rose’s gathered in front of her. She had brown colore dhair that fell down to her neck and was wearing a white long sleeved uniform, the uniform in turn had a blue neck and the end of the sleeves were blue.

Once he realized the color scheme he was immediately able to notice, the girl was from the Enforcers. He had heard that the original Enforcers were composed of five people gathered by the principal; however, he still hadn’t seen the fifth member.

He eventually forgot about all that though, his curiosity going to the wheel chair that she was sitting on instead as well as the Dusknoir that was floating besides her. “We should go.” He muttered softly to Chigon. If the rest of his meetings with the Enforcers meant anything then he definetily didn’t want to get mixed up with the girl.

“You don’t have to leave you know.” His thoughts were interrupted by the gentle voice of the girl, her wheel chair slowly turning around so that she could face Reggie. “I’m sorry.” She smiled politely. “I got so caught up in looking at the flowers that I didn’t realize you were there.”

“It’s oay.” Reggie nodded his head, preferring to get away from her as soon as possible; though he did feel bad considering her condition. “I was just leaving I mean, I was looking for some friends of mine but they’re not here.”

“No.” She shook her head. “Everyone’s focused on the tournament that’s just starting,” she sighed and turned back to the flowers. “I prefer to be alone though, it gives me time to think, besides I don’t like the looks people give me.”

“Looks?” Reggie raised an eeyrbow.

“Flowers are so fragile you know.” She interrupted him. “They need to be treated with care and appreciation, however some flowers can be threatening.” She explained before gently grabbing a hold of one of the roses. “The rose for example is a beautiful flower and in turn has a beautiful meaning to it, however, people get scared of its thorns. Humans are just the same though, if a human is fragile people will treat him or her carefully but if a fragile human tries to prove that he can do things on hiw own then people will just get scared of him.” Her face felled slightly.

She winced as she felt one of the thorn puncture her thumb, only to let out an audible whine as she let go of the flower. This in turn caused Reggie to immediately walk to her side. “Are you okay?” Reggie asked before kneeling down so he and the girl were facing each other.

“It’s okay, it’s just a small cut.” She argued, only for her to see the blood that was coming out of her thumb, her body shuddered slightly at the sight and her face grimaced as well.

“You put a lot of pressure on the thorn.” Reggie pointed out, his face looking alarmed even though it was only a little bit of blood. He grabbed a hold of his t-shirt and raised it up so as to put it over the blood.

“You don’t have to do this.” The girl friend before moving her hand away. “I mean...I just don’t like being touched.”

Reggie didn’t respond, instead staring at the red spot that had been left on his shirt. “I understand, you don’t like to have pity cause of the wheelchair,” Reggie said before pceeding to stand up. “That’s why you said you preferred to be alone.”

“People hate me.” The girl state bluntly, her face turning away from Reggie. “When they see that a girl like me can get such great grades and achieve so many things they get jealous and hate me for it.” She looked down at the floor, her face saddening once more. “People like fragile things to stay fragile.”

Reggie didn’t reply, mostly because he kind of agreed as well. He had been jealous of his brother and others for so long because they could do what he couldn’t do. As he looked at the girl it finally dawned on him though, if Alex knew how jealous Reggie was of him would he also feel like that, in fact, had he been treated like that by others as well.

“But thanks for trying to help me anyways.” The girl stated before smiling. “My name is Zephyr Rhodes, it’s nice to meet you.” She bowed her head politely.

“Zephyr Rhodes?” Reggie raised an eyebrow before smiling and nodding, the named seemed somehow familiar to him but he decided to put that aside. “I’m Reggie Damon and this is Chigon.”

“Oh I know who y are.” Zephyr interrupted. “Reggie Damon age 17 af of December this year, from Celadon City, second year student, blood type A+.” She listed; almost as if it had been memorized. “And Chigon an extinct species of Pokemon that existed hundreds of years ago in this archipelago, first go to this academy last year in a meteorite.”

“You know all that?” Reggie raised an eyebrow.

“I’m a first class hacker.” Zephyr nodded her head sagely. “I always hack into the school files to read the student’s files...I guess it’s my way of getting to know others.”

Reggie didn’t know whether to feel insulted or indifferent about what she had said, he could understand though, he could understand what it was like to want to know other people. “That seems kind of cool.” He grinned.

Zephyr gasped, apparentlys hocked by Reggie’s respond. “You don’t find that disturbing?”

“A little,” Reggie said honestly. “But you seem like a nice person so I can’t just judge you cause of that.”

Zephyr just smiled and nodded her head. “Thanks.” She pointed out before moving a little away from Reggie. “So what are you doing here? And how come you’re wearing that weight jacket?”

“Well I’m actually training under Darren at the moment.” Reggie replied and nodded his head. “He’s supposed to teach me about combat.”

“Darren Schifer, Houndoom Black...”

“I get it.” Reggie interrupted him, not wanting to wait for her to list Darren’s information. “Anyways I was supposed to learn combat from him but he hasn’t thought me anything even though I’ve been doing this for a month.” He sighed with frustration as he remembered all of the things that Darren had him go through during that one month. “It just feels like he’s doing this to torture me.”

“Well combat training isn’t something simple.” Reggie looked at her once more, realizing that she was repeating what Darren had said. “If he’s doing all this then it must be for a reason, I mean there’s no point in learning combat if you don’t have strenght or stamina or agility.”

“The weight jacket is probably exxagerating but I think he just wants to prepare you, tell me a month ago do you really think you would’ve been able to wear that?” she asked, her eyebrow rising and staring at Reggie.

Reggie hadn’t thought of that. Now that he thought about it she was right, he couldn’t have even dreamed of wearing something like the jacket before his training began, he had even forgotten about the thing until Zephyr had mentioned it.

“Yeah, you’re right.” Reggie nodded his head.

“Exactly.” Zephyr smiled, her sadness having vanished completely. “So don’t give up, in fact you should try harder you’re a perfectly healthy person after all.”

Reggie looked at Zephyr once more, he didn’t respond and instead nodded his head greatfully. “Thanks for the help.”

“Don’t mention it.” She laughed.

A few minutes back in time shortlya fter Fin and Reggie had parted the new media club gathered together. Allison, Valerie, Miko, Fin and Stacy all made their way through the hallways of the castle towards the first club that they would be challenging.

“So why did we pick this club again?” Allison asked, her expression showing clear boredom.

“Because it’s Freed’s club.” Stacy smiled before nodding her head sagely. She noticed the expressions that the students gave her and continued to speak. “The literary club just seems like an easy win, we should start with something that’s more simple first.”

“Well that’s true.” Valerie nodded her head. “I wonder what kind of challenge they will give us though.” She pointed out before taking pictures of the decorations.

“Fin, didn’t you try joining that club?” Miko asked, her head turning to look at a now nervous Fin. “What happened?”

“I changed my mind okay.” Fin chuckled nervously; it was obvious that he was trying to hide something from the others. He then sighed in frustration before raising his head once more. “It’s just, the head of the literary club and I...had a sort of thing over the summer and stuff.” He whistled silently.

“Why do I feel like this is gonna screw us over somehow?” Allison sighed.

The literary club’s clubroom was located inside of the castle’s library. The library stretched out to form a large space filled with tall book cases, lounge chairs, tables and resting areas for students. Allison marbled when she walked inside, her eyes shining with the discovery of something new. “You’ve never been here huh?” Stacy stated.

“Welcome Medial Club.” Fin and Miko raised their heads towards one of the book cases. A tall teenager girl was standing on the steps so as to reach higher books, her long black colored hair falling down to her waist. She had a perfect hourglass figure, though Fin seemed to be looking away as well as violet colored eyes and a pair of glasses. “It’s nice to see that you could make it.” She smiled while holding a book on her left hand.

“Are you the head of this club?”Miko asked.

“Yep.” The girl nodded her head and smiled. “My name is Liza it is nice to meet you...except you.” Her face grimaced as she looked at Fin.

“What did you do?” Valerie narrowed her eyes at the teenager.

“I didn’t do nothing, god give me the benefit of the doubt for once!” Fin exclaimed loudly.

“Anyways.” Stacy interrupted; not wanting for there to be anymore trouble between the two groups. She did notice that Liz held a firm dislike for Fin, and while she could understand the part about being angry at an ex boyfriend ahse also knew that they were there for one thing only. “As you know we came here for a challenge, sadly not all of our members are here yet.”

“It’s okay.” Liza nodded her head. “Not all of our members are here either, actually I’m the only one here and Freed is going to be here in a few.” She explained while nodding her head. ‘Of course that’s fine, our challenge shouldn’t be so hard.”

“Really?” Valerie raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

“Of course.” Liza beamed. “I mean it’s not like an actual hard challenge could come out of this right,” she said nonchanantly before turning around and spreading her arms. “The worl can be cold and yet people still live still persevere, because that is the heart of man...”

“What?” they all asked in unison.

“That quote comes from one of our books.” She grinned before turning to look at them once more. “Your challenge is to find the book where that quote is mentioned.”

“Wait what!?” Miko gasped in disbelief. If their challenge involved them reading the books until they were able to find the quote then it was almost impossible. She gritted his teeth inf rustration, looking at all of the book cases standing in front of her. She turned turned around and stared at a still whistling Fin.

“Fuck you Fin, fuck you.” Liza snickered.

“Last time I checked you usually put a me instead of you.” Fin stated dryly.

To Be Continued...
Next Time: Claudia and Allison, Hidden Talents

“Fuck you Fin, fuck you.” Liza snickered.

“Last time I checked you usually put a me instead of you.” Fin stated dryly.

I am actually crying from laughter right now. I love Fin so much.

Good chapter, great setup. A few typos here and there, like this one:

She gritted his teeth inf rustration

As well as the obvious typo, there's something else wrong with that quote. Read, reread, and re-reread.

Something else I thought I should mention: you say "colored" a lot where it isn't really necessary. Rather than saying "brown colored" or "black colored" just say "brown" or "black." It flows better that way. Anyways, enjoyable chapter.

Gotta admit, the last 2 lines made me laugh. That's just typical Fin in a nutshell :)

Looks like Reggie finally realizes the purpose of his training (on a side note,did he really grow that much in a month?). Zephyr seems like a interesting character, though didn't expect a member of the Enforcers being confined to a wheelchair. By the way, did you forget her Dusknoir while writing? Didn't see any interactions from it while she talked with Reggie.

Can't really add more to what AetherX already said, there's some typos here and there, like words missing a letter while the one next to it has the said letter. Other than that, an enjoyable read.

Fin....oh you :)

Anyways, was an interesting chapter despite the rain of typos. Very interesting Enforcer we have here, so kind and nice.....I'm afraid of what she can do on the field of battle though....I also like how Reggie is starting to understand why he's training his body before learning the moves for combat....just like a pokémon :D

Keep up the good work, and Allison, make us proud!

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom