• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Pokemon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody

Again it's your fic, your imagery. We're just telling you our views and critcisms, and praises. Only you decide how you want it xD

@AetherX ; @Thundagere ; @Rob Anybody ; @Jinoga ; @Instrutilus ; @Lugion ; @BlueNostalgia ; @Gastly's Mama ; @Chris†mas Qüeen

This chapter like the last one is a little bit longer than the last since I decided to combine the first part of the already saved chapter 4 into chapter 3, hope you like it.

Chapter 3: What Makes a Tag Team

Reggie and Matthew examined their green surroundings. After agreeing to train them, Siegfreed and Kevin had to make sure to take Reggie and Matthew somewhere where their training wouldn’t be hindered by distractions; of course they had to talk with the principal about letting them skip class as well, due to being short on time. “This is where you’ll be training for the rest of today and most of tomorrow,” Kevin instructed with a knowledgeable look in his eyes.

“You have a river close by if you need to wash and you’re in an area where there are a lot of berries for you and your Pokémon to eat,” Siegfreed explained before kneeling down to inspect the soil. “Not just that but the place is sturdy enough for a battle, so it's a great place to spar as well.

“Thanks, and we’re sorry for being such a bother,” Reggie bowed down, making Matthew do the same so that he would express his gratitude as well.

“Stop saying that already we already agreed,” Kevin laughed before patting Reggie’s back. “All right, Freed, what are we going to start with?”

“Well before we actually begin training them I think that we should do some explaining on what they’ll be training on,” Siegfreed walked closer to Matthew and Reggie before crossing his arms. “You two know that even if we train you for two days you still wouldn’t be ready... or at least Matthew weouldn’t be strong enough to match up.”

“Yeah, we know,” Reggie and Mathew nodded their heads before looking at each other.

“That is why we’ll train you in collaboration and teamwork. This way you will each make up for the other’s failures and help fill the gaps,” Siegfreed stated before he took out a pokeball from his belt. He threw the pokeball down on the floor and sent out a large male Jillicent; who in turn began floating around while it inspected the area. “This is my Jillicent Fantomer. Basically your training will be to try and knock Fantomer out while working together.”

"Wait, so you're saying we just attack your Pokémon without you giving commands? Are you sure that'll work?" asked Reggie with a hint of doubt.

“Trust me, it’ll definitely take more than you two to damage Fantomer,” Siegfreed grinned confidently as he put his hand on his waist and turned around. “Unless you take him on together and become a synchronized team; maybe it’ll be different then.” He shrugged and began walking back towards Kevin. “Well, I have to go back to my dorm and try to see if I can calm Sax down a little, Kevin will stay here to keep watch.”

“Don’t worry about it, they’ll be fine with me,” Kevin gave him a thumbs up as he saw Siegfreed walk off. He then turned to Reggie and Matthew. “Anyways, like Siegfreed said you guys need to work on your collaboration and teamwork. Which is why you’ll have a battle with Freed’s Fantomer right now.”

“Wait, but I thought we were supposed to have the battle after we were done,” Matthew asked with doubt in his expression. The thought of having to fight alongside a guy that he barely knew before the events of that day was something that he just couldn’t put aside.

“Yeah, but we have to see where you are now, depending on how you do during the sparring I’ll decide how much training you need,” Kevin said before he moved aside. He looked over at Chigon, who was a few meters away playing with some grass. “Are you gonna use him?”

“Chigon isn’t really good at working with Pokémon that he doesn’t know or working with a group in general outside of my own team,” Reggie sighed to himself as he watched Chigon’s antics. He took out a Pokéball from his belt and threw it down on the floor, releasing his Donphan.

“Okay then. Matthew, your turn.” Matthew nodded his head at Kevin before he grabbed one of the two pokeballs that he had strapped to his belt. After he threw the pokebal down a leopard-like Pokémon with a balanced combination of purple and cream fur on the top and bottom of its body respectively, it had long pointy ears; which matched the long tail and assorted pink blemishes across its body. “A Liepard. Not bad,” Kevin grinned while scratching his chin.

“All right, let’s start off with this. Donphan use Hyper Beam!” Donphan nodded its head before it began charging an orange colored beam on the tip of its mouth.

The Jellicent wasn’t willing to wait though as it immediately went on the attack. Before Donphan could finish charging Jellicent had already fired a powerful Water Pulse heading its way. “Damn it, Matthew defend!” Reggie replied making Matthew jump before Liepard jumped in front of the attack.

The Leopard Pokémon screamed before being rocked back by the powerful stream of water; though it allowed Donphan to finish charging its attack. “Matthew you have to be ready to defend your partner at any time while also making sure your Pokémon doesn’t get hurt.” He then turned to Reggie, looking at him with a frown.

“You’re no better Reggie, not only did you start the battle off by using a Pokémon that had a disadvantage but you also used an attack that put you both and your partner at risk. What if Hyper Beam had missed?” Reggie raised his head before looking down at the floor in embarrassment, Kevin was right on the fact that he hadn’t thought about it, but because he only ever fought alongside one of his friends he was used to being able to use any kind of attack.

“All right I’ll try better next time. Liepar…” Matthew spoke before being rudely interrupted by Kevin

“Stop. I’ve seen what I have to see and it’s enough for me to decide that you guys wouldn’t even last a minute,” Kevin nodded his head before sighing in exasperation. “I know that it was only the first move, but in a double battle the first move is the one that counts the most . You could get defeated in just one move which is why getting one wrong is too risky,” he then gestured the Jillicent to go back to stand by before patting Reggie and Matthew. “Take your jackets off we’ll start your training.”

“Wait, why do we have to take our jackets off?” Matthew raised an eyebrow.

“For Pokémon it’s easy to work side by side but it depends on the trainers for the combination to work,” Reggie pointed out as he took his red jacket off and threw it on the floor. “If the trainers are not able to work together perfectly then the Pokémon won’t either. In other words we’ll have to train our own abilities as a team rather than just our Pokémon.”

“Isn’t that dangerous? Besides, how could we?” Matthew asked before looking up at Kevin who was grinning sheepishly.

“I have something in mind,” Kevin grinned before turning around. “You guys wait while I get something ready.”

“Okay, it’s done,” Kevin smiled as he looked over at Reggie and Matthew, who couldn’t help but narrow their eyes at the sight of what stood in front of them.

“I was expecting a trap course or something but this is just…” Reggie looked down with a disappointed expression at the pot of stew that was being boiled down right in front of them, with Kevin sitting on a stone and grinning sheepishly. “Stew…what the freak?”

“Maybe he wants us to be synchronized while eating or something,,” Matthew pointed out while keeping his right eyebrow raised. Considering the fact that Kevin was the battle teacher, it wasn’t strange to think that he’d give them some hard and unexpected training, but this was just silly!

Matthew and Reggie didn’t turn their gaze from Kevin though, especially when he served them two plates and handed them down.

“Oh, don’t underestimate me guys,” Kevin laughed. However, before Reggie and Matthew could even grab their spoons the plates had been taken from their hands and were now in Kevin’s.

“What the hell!?” both Matthew and Reggie exclaimed in unison.

“Well at least you’re synchronized when it comes to whining,” Kevin frowned. “I served you guys enough for one person in each plate, your test is to try and take both plates from me at the same time. If you only take one plate then I’ll throw the other one and if you mess up and both plates fall from my hands…you get no dinner,” he shrugged before grinning down at Matthew and Reggie; something that caused them to frown before they stood up.

“Are you serious? That would be too hard; I mean the chances of us spilling them are ridiculously high!” Reggie gritted his teeth while looking at Kevin.

“So does that mean you can’t do it? Because if that’s what you mean then you’re never going to win that battle,” Kevin grinned to himself. “Just charge and try to get them.”

Reggie and Matthew looked at each other before they both jumped at Kevin, Reggie thrusting his fist forward; only for Kevin to move aside and cause him trip and roll around the floor. “Good, but not good enough,” he chuckled before crouching and jumping up as Matthew charged past him. Both Matthew and Reggie couldn’t help but gasp as they saw that Kevin was now at the same level as the top of the trees in the forest. Moreover, not a single drop had yet spilled.

“He really is good isn’t he?” Matthew asked before he started coughing up dust due to him grinding on the ground.

“Yeah. I’m not surprised, honestly,” Reggie frowned while dusting himself off and looking over at Kevin. If they really had to deal with someone as agile and skilled as Kevin then just getting close to him was going be a problem. “This test is so that we can find a way to get both plates while working together. We should do that,” he suggest while helping Matthew up from the floor.

Reggie looked back at the pot before closing his eyes in thought. If they didn’t move carefully then the bowls had a high chance of spilling, but if they didn’t move fast Kevin would avoid all their attempts to take back the bowls. “This training is for us to reflect on what we did during the battle,” he said before looking at the pot once more and raising an eyebrow. “Wait a minute…”

“What is it?” Matthew asked curiously, noticing the grin that was crossing Reggie’s face.

“I have a plan. Come here,” he beckoned Matthew to get closer before he started whispering in his ear.

“I’m waiting,” Kevin said, he standing on the other side of the campsite while looking at Reggie and Matthew with curiosity. Before he could say anything else the two stood up, a look of determination in their eyes before Reggie began running towards Kevin. “That again,” Kevin chuckled.

However, before he could avoid Reggie’s charge he caught a glimpse of Matthew running at him from the left after he had gone around the fire. Kevin quickly moved aside; trying not to let the bowls spill.

Matthew and Reggie smiled at each other before Matthew began running back, leaving Reggie to take care of Kevin. “What is he gonna do?” Kevin asked, avoiding a right hook that Reggie had thrown at him. “Good punch, too slow though and really risky.”

“Who says I’m trying to get the bowls?” Reggie grinned; making Kevin gasp before one of the bowls was kicked out of his hands by Reggie and thrown onto the floor. “That’s for making us do this stupid test.”

Kevin chuckled to himself, finally getting a chance to look back at the pot. And just like he had thought Matthew was standing in front of the pot with his arms crossed and a proud look on his face. “I realized something quite funny. You only served two bowls but you left the pot wide open knowing that we could just grab it,” Reggie pointed out; causing Kevin to look back at him. “By serving the bowls and telling us to get them you distracted us from the pot while in truth there is still enough stew in the pot for two people. Your plan wasn’t for us to get the bowls it was for us to figure out that we were supposed to eat from the stew together.”

“Obviously, the original plan was for us to grab one plate and for you to throw the other one, if we were to figure out the thing about the pot we would get to eat from the pot and you’ll get the bowl that we grabbed. I didn’t want to give you that chance though,” Reggie explained before he turned around and started walking back towards Matthew.

“And you distracted me so that I wouldn’t notice,” Kevin laughed while ruffling he back of his head; he stopped though and shifted his carefree expression to a more serious one. “That was just the first step though. It was to see if you guys managed to figure that out, the real test begins now.”

“We sort of figured,” Reggie smiled before grabbing two more bowls and handing one to Matthew. “We’ll be ready for anything though.”

“Let’s see if you keep saying that after I’m done with you,” Kevin chuckled mischievously at the two. “Now get ready, oh, and get some berries to heal your wounds.”

“Wounds…” Matthew gasped before looking at Reggie, fear clear in his eyes.

“Let’s just do what he says, it’ll save a lot of trouble,” Reggie chuckled nervously as he saw the retreating figure of Kevin who was getting deeper into the forest.

The next day people were beginning to gather inside of Elemental Academy’s battling dome as the battle of the day was set to start in only a few minutes. “Everyone seems to be eager about this battle,” Stacy wondered while looking around the crowd with a surprised expression. It was unbelievable to think of all the people that had gathered just to see a normal match set up by two students.

“Well Elemental Academy takes great pride in its battles so it isn’t hard to tell why they’re so excited about this,” Mr. Grayson chuckled; he kept his arms crossed while looking down at the arena. “However it looks like that Damon kid is going to be late. This is perfect.”

“I’m sure he’ll be here soon along with Matthew.” Mr. Grayson and Stacy looked up at Freed who was walking into their row.

“Freed, nice to see you,” Stacy smiled patting the seat next to her so that Freed would sit down. Freed bowed politely and sat down. “Are you sure they’ll be here though. I mean it’s already been five minutes since the match was supposed to start,” she said; looking back down at the field in case the two trainers in question might’ve appeared.

“I know because I inspected their training myself,” Freed grinned slyly; leaning back on his chair while keeping a calm expression on his face. “They’re probably adding the finishing touches. Besides as long as they get here within the next five minutes it will be all right.”

“If you say so,” Stacy shrugged.

Miko and Marie were sitting in the first row, both of them looking down at the field with expectation and worry at the fact that neither Reggie nor Matthew had reached the meeting place. “Where are they? They’re going to lose by default if they don’t get here,” Marie said while looking around the field.

“What I’m wondering is where the others are. I can’t believe we’re really the only ones that came,” Miko frowned with disdain and disapproval.

“Well Valerie and Fin had to ask for an extension for their project so they’re working on that.” Marie shrugged. “Jack should be here soon and you know that Darren doesn’t really care about anything that doesn’t concern him.”

“Yeah that’s selfish bastard,” Miko groaned; throwing her arms back and gritting her teeth. “This is an important match who knows what could happen if Reggie and Matthew lose it could ruin Matthew’s life at this academy. Running away doesn’t help either.” She rubbed her temples with frustration before feeling a pat on her shoulder.

“Do you really think Reggie will run away though,” Marie grinned, causing Miko to shift her head and stare at her. “I mean, the Reggie from last year probably would’ve. But do you think the Reggie from this year will still run away?” Maria smiled at Miko her eyes filled with trust and confidence in her friend. “You need to trust him more this is the guy that almost died in order to save you last year after all.”

“Shut up,” Miko groaned, trying hard to hide the blush that was forming on her face.

Panting could be heard as Reggie, Matthew and Chigon made their way towards the stadium. They were still wearing their clothes from the day before and they were both beat up and scrapped in various places around their bodies. “We finally made it,” Reggie patted his chest to try and get some more air for his lungs. “That training was hellish!”

“I wonder if it’s worth it,” Matthew sighed; he was barely able to resist the urge to just lay down on the floor now. “Do you really think this will make us better trainers though?”

“A trap course around the forest with most of the traps being set to hurt us will definitely help us,” Reggie nodded his head before turning to the hallway. “It taught us to be careful and expect everything; this way we can prepare for anything Sax and partner throw at us.”

“Chi!” Chigon exclaimed, making the two look down at the little dragon.

“Sorry that you won’t be participating buddy,” Reggie chuckled, knowing that the small dragon Pokémon must’ve been annoyed about not having the chance to participate in the battle. He then turned to Matthew. “You ready?” Reggie asked while smiling.

“Yeah,” Matthew nodded his head before taking the first step into the hallway; with Reggie and Chigon following soon after.

Inside of the battlefield stood Sax along with another boy from his dorm with short red colored hair, he wore a similar uniform to Sax; except the sleeves weren’t thorn off like Sax’s uniform. “Hey where are the kids you said we were going to fight again?” The boy asked, turning to look at his battling partner with an annoyed look.

“I guess they ran out on us. Considering all the things I heard about that Reggie kid I thought they’d at least have the decency to show up,” Sax grinned; a look of relieve and satisfaction crossed his face as he looked down at his watch.

“There’s no need for you to be so sad about it you know!” Sax raised his head in surprised. He couldn’t believe what he was seeing as he noticed Reggie and Matthew walk into the battle field; sure they were all beat up but there was a different air to them, a more secure kind of feel.

“So that’s them?” the boy asked before getting up front the floor; though he stepped back after noticing the look of rage that crossed to Sax’s face.

“Yes we are and we’re here to finish what we started,” Matthew smiled before taking a position on the left side of the field along with Reggie.

End of Chapter 3
Next Time: United We Might Win

@AetherX ; @Thundagere ; @Rob Anybody ; @Jinoga ; @Instrutilus ; @Lugion ; @BlueNostalgia ; @Gastly's Mama ; @Chris†mas Qüeen; @Tsutarja

And here's the last part of this mini arc, this chapter starts right where the last one left off with the battle between Reggie, Matthew, Sax and Thomas in full.

Chapter 4: United We Might Win

“Told you they’d make it,” Marie smiled cheekily, though she knew that Miko was probably to busy looking down at the field so as to pay more attention to the battle. “Though I don’t think I needed to tell you,” she giggled.

Stacy and Freed looked down at the field a few rows above Marie and Miko with curious expressions on their faces. “What exactly did Kevin do to them?” Stacy wondered, a bit taken aback by the fact that Reggie and Matthew looked as if they had gotten into a fight. “They could’ve at least cleaned themselves and gotten better clothes for this.”

“That doesn’t matter right now.” Freed and Stacy lifted their heads before turning around. Kevin was making his way into the row before sitting down next to Freed, his face beaten up and scratched just like Reggie’s and Matthew’s.

“They tried really hard, so much that they lost track of time,” Kevin laughed as he looked down at the arena proudly. “I’m sure they can do this, if they do what I tell them that is.”

“All right let’s begin. Remember Tom, try not to overshadow me on this,” Sax grinned to himself, letting his head fill with so much air that he couldn’t even hear Tom’s constant groans. “Now go out there and make them feel a world of hurt, Drapion!” Sax screamed, throwing the pokeball that had been linked to his belt onto the battle field and unleashing the large poison and dark type Pokémon.

“Show off,” Tom snorted before grabbing his own pokeball and throwing it into the field. Once the pokeball erupted a large purple and black pig-like Pokémon materialized, it had two round objects on its head along with a long tail.

“A Grumpig and a Drapion,” Reggie beamed in delight before taking out a pokeball. “We’re good Matthew. We’re really good.”

“Yeah.” Matthew unstrapped his own pokeball and threw it onto the battlefield. “Go Donphan!” he exclaimed as a Donphan materialized on the field and roared causing Miko and Marie to raise an eyebrow.

“Matthew has a Donphan as well. That’s a big coincidence,” Marie scratched the back of her head in confusion. She did notice something odd with Matthew’s Donphan though. It seemed to be edging a little closer towards Reggie for some reason. She gasped before turning to Miko. “Wait, you don’t think they could’ve…”

“Nah….did they?’ Miko raised an eyebrow; cocking her head to the side so that she and Marie were looking at each other. “Oh my god, they did.” Her eyes grew wide as her head turned back to the battlefield. “I hope they know what they’re doing.”

“Liepard, time to step up to the plate!’ Reggie moved back and raised his hands before throwing the pokeball as if he was a baseball pitcher.

Once the beam of light ceased a Liepard stood in the field next to Donphan. “Let’s make the first move. Liepard, attack Drapion with Pursuit.”

“That attack isn’t gonna work. Drapion wait for it to get close, then use Iron Tail to pin it down!” Sax commanded; his confident grin never leaving his face.

Liepard assumed a fighting stance before it vanished into thin air, only for it to appear on the other side of the field. Once Drapion saw this it turned around as quick as it could; its tail turning a metallic color before it turned around and flung its tail at the Liepard.

However, before the tail could hit its opponent’s mark Liepard vanished yet again making the Iron Tail fail and slam against the floor in return. “Where did it go?” Sax wondered.

Grumpig’s ears became pointier as it turned around in horror, only to come face to face with Liepard. “Damn it. Grumpig use Psychic,” Tom said desperately. It was to no avail though, because once Liepard had slashed Grumpig’s face and chest it became unable to move due to the pain of the attack.

“Donphan, Roll Out!” Donphan roared from its side of the field before curling into a wheel and rolling towards Drapion who managed to turn around in time to catch the large ground type. After a few seconds the wheel began to slow down in speed though before coming to a potential halt.

“All right Drapion, use Poison Sl…”

“Counter clockwise,” Matthew ordered signaling for Donphan to begin spinning the other way around and slip out of Drapion’s arms. The poison type tried to desperately catch Donphan but before it could even come close to it Donphan had already charged forward once more and slammed itself against the scorpion’s jaw.

Liepard purred in delight before vanishing and appearing back on the right side along with Donphan who had already rolled back. “So what did you think about that,” Reggie snickered while putting his hands on his hips.

“Damn it, they’re kicking our asses and the fight just started,” Sax grimaced frustration. He then turned to look at his Drapion who was still standing up.

“All right let’s keep going this way and we’ll win,” Reggie encouraged before turning to Liepard. “Liepard use Assist on Drapion!”

“Lie!” Liepard roared before it sprinted forward, its body surrounding itself with flames all of a sudden before it let itself be lifted from the ground and roll around towards the large poison type Pokémon.

“Grumpig use Protect to repel it!” Tom commanded with gritted teeth as he saw his Grumpig jump in front of the Drapion; letting itself be hit by the Flame Wheel. A second before collision, Grumpig surrounded itself with a defensive barrier, which deflected Liepard's attack. “That…was a close call,” Tom panted with relief.

“Damn it, so that’s what the trade was for,” Sax muttered. Before the match had started he made sure to research into both Matthew and Reggie as well as their teams; which is why he was so surprised when he noticed that Reggie was using a Pokémon that originally for Matthew. “It was because of Assist.”

“What do you mean?” Tom wondered while raising an eyebrow.

“Matthew only has two Pokémon, a Liepard and a Vulpix that barely knows any attacks. Because of this Matthew would’ve had a huge gap if he had battled me with any of those two,” Sax pointed out; raising his index finger so as to get Tom’s attention. “That’s where the trade comes in. Reggie’s Domphan is at the same level as both of our Pokémon; by giving it to Matthew he can make up for the gap but by trading it for Liepard…”

“He can use Assist and allow Liepard to copy any attack from his other Pokémon to make up for the type disadvantage,” Tom muttered before noticing the menacing expression that had crossed Sax’s face. “Pretty good when you think about it.”

“Exactly, which is why we’ll just have to be better. I’m not about to let these two weaklings defeat me so easily,” Sax replied coldly as he raised his fists a little.

“Drapion time to counter attack!” Sax exclaimed bitterly. “Go and use Ice Fang on Donphan!” Drapion roared before it jumped up into the sky and began to fall down, making its way towards the already preparing Domphan.

“Grumpig use Power Gem against Liepard!”

“Liepard, get out of the way and use Faint Attack,” Reggie countered as Grumpig conjured several glowing rocks and hurled them at Liepard. Liepard managed to anticipate this and was able to get out of the way; however, the resulting explosion blew Liepard away from Donphan. "Damnit, they split us up!"

“Now Grumpig, Bounce!” Grumpig quickly made its way into the sky, using its spiral-like tail to bounce high into the sky.

Before Liepard could get a chance to see through the smoke cloud Grumpig was already descending. The Leopard Pokémon only had a second to gasp as a large pig slammed into it. “Chi chigon chi!” Chigon exclaimed; biting onto Reggie’s pants to try and get his attention.

“I can’t use you in this battle, Chigon,” Reggie replied bitterly before grimacing and looking back at the battle. He couldn’t rely on Assist all the time and even if Liepard was able to use his other Pokémon’s attacks that didn’t make the attacks stronger. “Not just that but because Chigon has basic skills it’s not like we’ll be getting a lot out of using Assist on him. We can’t even use attacks from his evolution since they’re not definite.”

Finally Grumpig got up from the ground, allowing Liepard to stand up and recover its breath before it turned to glare at the large pig.

On the other side of the field Matthew was having a hard time dealing with Sax’s multiple assaults against Donphan. Because he hadn’t had a lot of time to train with the ground type Matthew was still insecure as to what attacks it could use and how to use them. “Use Giga Impact, Donphan!” Matthew commanded.

Donphan nodded in agreement before it charged forward; its body surrounding itself with purple energy as it prepared to collide with the Drapion. However, before it could make contact the scorpion Pokémon managed to sneak out before using its tail to slam it against Donphan and sent it back. “No. U…use Rapid Spin!”

“Not a chance!” Sax screamed, confidence reverberating from his voice as Drapion moved around and slammed a metallic tail on Donphan, making a large hole in the ground and pinning Donphan down. “A strong Pokémon is nothing if it has an unskilled trainer, and one that’s not even able to use its attacks well at that!” Sax laughed allowing Drapion to move away from Donphan.

“Damn it, even after training with Reggie,” Matthew groaned.

“We have to fight together Matthew otherwise we’ll lose,” Reggie pointed out; trying to get Matthew back into the water. “We’ll just have to make sure to combine our skills,” he said before looking at the two Pokémon carefully. “Matthew, I want you to use Earthquake once I give you the signal.”

“Okay,” Matthew nodded his head with insecurity; he just wanted the battle to finish now that he couldn’t get away from thinking about any future embarrassments he might go through.

“Don’t be afraid, that’ll just make things worse,” Reggie instructed. “All right Liepard use a Assist and attack the two of them together!”

“Looks like he’s trying to get that feline killed. Let’s burst his bubble Tom,” Sax snickered as Drapion and Grumpig both stood in front of the already charging Liepard who opened its mouth before firing a powerful jet of green colored flames.

“That’s Dragonbreath huh? Grumpig use Protect!” Grumpig raised its arms into the air; causing a large green barrier to surround the two Pokémon and block the Dragon Breath attack.

“Drapion, get out of that barrier and use Cross Poison!” Drapion let out a powerful roar before vanishing from the barrier and reappearing behind Liepard. Liepard roared back as it stepped to the side but that was enough to avoid Drapion as its claws both glowed with a purple tint and were slammed against its body.

“All right, Matthew use it!” Reggie urged. Matthew scrambled from where he stood and signaled Donphan to unleash the already agreed command.

Donphan slammed its feet down on the ground unleashing various shockwaves that caused the field to shake and crack in various areas as both Grumpig and Drapion tried to escape the flying rocks.

Unfortunately, it ended just as fast as it had started and neither Grumpig nor Drapion seemed to have suffered huge damage; though they did look a lot more tired after the attack. “It didn’t work, Reggie. Now what?”

“Now you just prepare for my next signal,” Reggie grinned before throwing his left arm forward. “Assist!” Liepard growled towards its opponents before it began sprinting across the field at great speed; avoiding the rocks that had been lifted and using them to hide away from its opponents.

“Quick Attack. Well, we can counter that just fine,” Tom clicked his fingers; making his Grumpig’s ears spike up. “Grumpig use Psywave around the field.”

Grumpig let out a shattering screech before firing a powerful wave of energy all throughout the field, sending the rocks and Liepard crashing all around and causing the Pokémon to stop dead in its tracks. “Liepard, won’t be able to hold out much longer.”

“That doesn’t matter. I just need one more attack anyway otherwise…” Reggie clenched his fist; sighing in frustration before taking in new air to allow himself to calm down. “All right, Liepard. It’s all or nothing.”

Liepard panted as it tried to walk back into position; facing the two Pokémon once more. “All right, one last time. Assist!” Liepard roared into the sky as the ground beneath the two began to move around. However, it was different than with the earthquake, instead of a violent shake it felt as if something was surging and moving beneath them.

“What’s this?” Sax’s question was answered almost immediately as a powerful torrent of water erupted from the ground underneath Drapion and Grumpig causing the two Pokémon to be thrown into the sky by the torrent. “No way!”

“Now Matthew!”

“Donphan use Roll Out!” Donphan assumed its ball shape once more and began making its way through the field. After a few seconds it jumped onto the torrent of water and was thrown in along with its two opponents. However, because Drapion and Grumpig didn’t have any leverage neither of them were able to avoid Donphan’s impending clash. Drapion moved back quickly, throwing Grumpig to the floor before Donphan crashed against its chest making it roared in pain as the two Pokémon collided with the hard ground.

Grumpig stood up from the ground though no one was really paying attention to it or the unconscious Liepard as much as they did towards Donphan and Drapion.

Reggie smiled to himself before sighing and patting Matthew’s shoulder. “We did good, so don’t worry.”

“What do you mean?” Matthew asked in confusion.

Before Reggie could answer his question the cloud had finally dissipated; showing that both Drapion and Donphan were now on the floor completely unconscious. Matthew had to put his hand on Reggie’s shoulder so as to keep himself standing. His Liepard had already been knocked out a few seconds before and now the only Pokémon left was Grumpig.

“Well who would’ve thought,” Sax chuckled; making his way over to the two with a smug grin on his face. “Guess in the end you still lost,” he laughed before looking at Reggie. “This is why losers can’t make themselves seem like winners no matter what happens.”

‘Chi!” Chigon gritted its teeth at Sax; only for Reggie to put his foot in front of the small dragon.

“Yeah, that’s true. We’re losers, but so are you,” Reggie grinned; noticing a vein forming on Sax’s forehead. “If I’m not mistaken, Tom’s Pokémon is the only one that’s still standing making him the only real winner,” he turned to Tom; who was now looking the other way so as to avoid coming face to face with Sax. “Welcome to the loser’s team,” Reggie snickered.

“You…don’t act so cocky!” Sax yelled pushing his arm back before throwing it towards Reggie.

Suddenly Reggie felt a force in his mind scream *DODGE* causing his body to react on instinct as he moved to the right and ducked under the punch. As he did this though he also leaned forward and thrust his punch at Sax; only stopping an inch before hitting Sax’s now scared and shocked face. Sax had come within inches of Reggie's face, and for a brief second, had seen the barely restrained anger and violence within.

Suddenly Reggie’s eyes went back to his usual demeanor and he withdrew the fist; though that didn’t help Sax’s face change one bit. “Sorry…I don’t know what came over me,” Reggie laughed before turning to Matthew and patting his shoulder. “We lost, but the rule was that you had to win. Lke I said, even if it was a double battle, Tom was the only one that was left standing, so we still win the bet in a way.”

Sax fumed before turning around and storming off; not wanting to talk to anyone about what had just occurred.

After the battle was over Reggie and Matthew had left the stadium and were now standing outside of the battlefield. “So. Was I right or was I right?” Reggie smiled.

“I guess…I guess you weren’t wrong,” Matthew rubbed his left arm while looking down at the floor. “I do feel better now that I stood up against Sax, so thank you Reggie,” Matthew replied.

“I guess you just reminded me of myself,” Matthew raised his head to look at Reggie. “I was the same. I was always pushed around by everyone for no reason and I just think of how much my life would’ve changed if I had stood up for myself before,” he said; patting Matthew’s shoulder once more. “I’m glad that I could help you out, Matt.”

“Well there was a reason as to why they were pushing me around,” Matthew ruffled the back of his head with a slight blush on his face.

“Yeah, I know,” Reggie said before sighing. “It’s because you're clumsy, right?” he laughed.

“No it’s…you know what forget it. I guess it doesn’t matter,” Matthew shook his head before turning around. “See you at work tomorrow, Reggie,” he waved before walking off on the other direction from Reggie.

Reggie just stood there confused before scratching his chin and shrugging. “I guess I shouldn’t think too much of it.” He turned around and began walking. “Now I just gotta find the others.”

End of Chapter 4
Next Time: The Girl that Sat Alone

Next chapter will be a sort of break chapter and will set up one of the plot points that will help later on.

Last edited:
Interesting, I look forward to seeing what comes after this. And there's apparently a plot point in here, I wonder what it is :3

Chapter 2: Nice chapter, though I still don't see the plot. :/ I like how Reggie saw his older self in the Matthew, though. :D

Why were they teasing Matthew in the first place? I have my suspicions. xD

Anyway, good chapters! :D

I think I know what it is, I noticed he blushes awfully a lot for a guy. xD

@Xmas Haze

So I just finished reading all the chapter.
And they were Quite good.
It was written really well, exceptionally well since you didn’t really have to read the first fic to understand this one.

The main characters are also written well.
I really like Stacy and her story but even after that revelation I still feel like she might be hidden something.
Also I like Reggie a lot, specially how he isn’t the typical hero type, but his demeanour seems have change judging by the reactions people seem to be giving him.
There hasn’t really been much other character build up, but I suspect that it’s because this portion of the story has just started and I’m sure you did character build up in the pervious fic.

It definitely has a Harry Potter feel to it, not so much the characters but more Elemental Academy its self, like Hogwarts its seem to be a top school on a beautiful island but also surround by a lot of mystery and secrets... I also wouldn’t be surprised if there was like a bunch of secret passages and what not.

I’m definitely thinking that I’ll read the First Year Adventures also.
It'll really well written, compelling and the characters and are engaging.
I'd liked to be tagged in this Fic and look forward to read more.

For the most part the mistakes weren’t too bad, a few spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, punctuation problems and a name mix-up or two.
Chigon holds a great power that is seek by many a power that could destroy the world and Reggie has to protect it along with his friends.
That should be sought.

“So there you went. Don’t run off like that man.” Reggie and Stacy turned around to look at another teenager that was walking out to the deck.
The first thing Fin says doesn’t sound right, It show be "So there you are" or So that’s where you went"

Also in chapter 3 you talked about a Damon... which I’m not really sure is in the right place, I think you meant Reggie though.
and you also called Marie Maria.

There’re a few simple spelling mistakes through out.
Try not to over use a words (like Deadpan, you used that in every chapter at least once beside chpt.4)

Also I think your battle could use just a little bit more description just so your readers can visualize the whole scene unfolding before them.

Besides those minor issues I honestly enjoyed the read and look forward to reading more.
Also may I suggest you have a friend proof-read and edit? I think that would help a lot with the minor mistakes, Which I'd be happy to do that for you.

Actually I already have someone that beta reads the fic but if anything happens you can do it if you want.

I actually give the battles that level of the description so that the readers can imagine the rest themselves I give them a touch of actions but I noticed that when you try to describe a battle too much it tends to get long and the point is eventually lost. Of course I also think it should have description for people to actually know what's happening.

Actually I already have someone that beta reads the fic but if anything happens you can do it if you want.

I actually give the battles that level of the description so that the readers can imagine the rest themselves I give them a touch of actions but I noticed that when you try to describe a battle too much it tends to get long and the point is eventually lost. Of course I also think it should have description for people to actually know what's happening.

Really? No offense to your beta-reader but quite a few mistakes got through.

Yea I get what your trying to say. But I'm sure just a little more would benefit.
Btw thanks for introducing me to your fic.

@AetherX ; @Thundagere ; @Rob Anybody ; @Jinoga ; @Instrutilus ; @Lugion ; @BlueNostalgia ; @Gastly's Mama ; @Chris†mas Qüeen; @Cosmos

And so here's the fift chapter, this chapter will introduce a new character that will even out the main group between four guys and four girls (I like evening stuff out xD) plus it'll also give Reggie something meaningful to do instead of just doing random crap that come out of nowhere.

Chapter 5: The Girl that Sat Alone

“Chi!”

“I can’t believe this!” Reggie screamed as he and Fin raced through the hallways of the school building, passing through the decorated club rooms that were appearing around every corner. “I knew club activities day would turn out badly, there can never be a normal day around here!” Reggie whined.

“Well, I wouldn’t blame them. I mean, you are a very important character,” Fin nodded his head as he turned around, noticing the large crowd of people that was directly right behind them, each and every one of them holding pamphlets for their club. “Everyone wants the hero of the academy to be in their club, after all,” Fin laughed; though this just incited a groan from Reggie.

“They’re chasing you, too!” Reggie exclaimed; making sure that Chigon was still holding on to his shoulder.

“Nope, they’re just chasing you. I already joined the calligraphy club earlier today,” Fin beamed confidently.

“Calligraphy? But you ha—there are girls, aren’t there?” Reggie groaned, especially when he saw Fin nod in agreement. “Then why are you running!?”

“Cause it’s fun, but I gotta go now, so…bye!” he announced before making a turn running the other way from Reggie, who looked rather indignant.

“Traitor!” Reggie panted, he was barely able to run anymore, and he was pretty sure that they were going to be caught soon. “Damn, I hate being the hero.”

“So what is this again? Everything is so brightly decorated,” Stacy smiled as she looked around at all the club decorations that had been set up in the hallway. “I didn’t think the gym was the site for the karate club either,” she replied.

“Well, according to what the principal told me, today’s the day for the students to pick the extracurricular club they want to participate in, if any, of course,” Freed answered before turning around to wave at a few female students who had greeted him. “Most teachers become funders for one of these clubs; some teachers fund more than one. I myself am in charge of the poetry and drama club so I’ll have a lot on my plate soon,” he explained.

“Wow, there are so many clubs,” Stacy gasped. “I don’t really know if I’ll be able to fund any of them, I mean I’m still trying to find my way around the academy,” she giggled.

“Well, you don’t have to yet if you don’t want to but it could help.” Stacy turned around to look at Mrs. Rose who had just finished talking to a few girls from the gardening club. “It gets really difficult to endorse all of them,” she sighed stressfully before patting Stacy’s shoulder. “Since it’s your first year and you’re the youngest teacher I think you should just sit on the sidelines this year.”

“Yeah, but it’ll feel as if I’m not contributing and I really need to start carrying my own weight around here,” Stacy replied confidently. Ever since the year started she had only taught her normal classes and her proper paperwork but aside from that she hadn’t even participated in any of the school events; something that bothered her a lot due to her not wanting to seem like she wasn’t willing to contribute.

“Besides this way I can make myself a little bit more….”

“AH!” she shifted her head, only to witness a racing Reggie who was trying to outrun a mod of people following right behind him.

“Known…what the hell was that?” Stacy raised an eyebrow in confusion as she pointed at the retreating figures.

“That was Reggie running away…” Rose trailed off.

“Damn it, we need a place to hide buddy,” Reggie said towards Chigon as he saw a small turn that came right before the wall. “That’s the last turn…it’s our only shot,” Reggie muttered as he grabbed ahold of the wall and turned around; running over what seemed to be a stack of newspapesr which caused him to hit the ground. “Damn it,” Reggie groaned before shooting straight into the room and slamming the door behind him. “I didn’t want to enter this one specifically but if I didn’t they might’ve caught up.”

“Chi,” Chigon nodded its head, noticing that Reggie had put his ear to the door to make sure they hadn’t followed. “Chi,” suddenly Chigon jumped off from Reggie’s shoulder and onto the floor.

“What is it?” Reggie turned around, only to gasp in embarrassment and hit the door once more. There was a girl sitting alone in the corner of the room, surrounded by rather ostentatious machines one would normally find in a printing press. Around her were endless piles of newspapers

“Sorry,” Reggie chuckled nervously. The girl had short brown hair which matched her amber eyes, seen through her square glasses. She was wearing a brown coat over her Blastoise Aqua uniform. “I’m really sorry, I didn’t think there’d be anyone here, I was just—”

“No i…it’s okay, you just grabbed me by surprise,” the girl replied nervously. Through this Reggie was able to get a better look at what she was holding. She had a small book in between her hands which she had slammed shut when Reggie stormed in. “I’m just not used to people coming into this room is all,” she nodded her head as she got up.”

“I was just running away from the mob of clubs. I’ll get out of your hair once it dies down,” Reggie reassured, taking the chance to scan the room once more. “So, I’m guessing by the newspapers outside and that this is the Newspaper Club room.”

“Uh…yeah, it is. Sorry if it looks trashed, I was focused on reading that.” She quickly arose and started frantically trying to rearrange the mess in the room, only to stop with a bemused expression upon feeling something wet upon her feet. Closer examination revealed it to be Chigon licking her.

“Oh, that’s just…”

“Chigon, I know,” the girl smiled shyly before kneeling down and petting the small dragon, causing him to purr loudly. “I remember because the club was always trying to get more information about this little guy last year. We thought it might help raise some attention since everyone was curious about him.”

“Raise more attention?” Reggie raised an eyebrow, deciding to sit down now that he was going to be staying for a while. “Oh, sorry, do you mind?”

“No, make yourself comfortable,” she replied, gesturing him to sit down. “I’m Claudia Messer, it’s really nice to meet you,” she said while tugging on her glasses.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Re…”

“Reggie Damon, I know,” she interrupted, her face had actually lightened up a little more now so much that it seemed to reflect an air of admiration. “You see, I had to read all the articles last year and act as editor and…well, I was really fond of the articles about you and Chigon they were always so full of action. It was like reading a novel,” she beamed, shifting from watching Reggie and the floor from time to time.

“I didn’t think I had fans, honestly,” Reggie ruffled the back of his head while chuckling. He was surprised at the fact that Claudia was so interested in the articles about his exploits. Most people only wanted him because of the air of importance it might give them but she seemed to actually enjoy the fact that she was around him. “I mean, most people just kind of…well they either want me for something or ignore me altogether.”

“Wait a second…odd. I knew about the school newspaper but I don’t really remember any articles about me. I figured most people knew about what happened out of what they saw or rumors,” Reggie said curiously.

“That’s actually because of two things,” Claudia said, lifting two fingers. “The first thing is that…well the popularity of the newspaper has gone down quiet a lot lately. In fact, just as you said, rumors spread faster,” she explained with a slight hint of bitterness in her tone of voice. “The second reason is that the previous principal Charles Goodwin didn’t allow us to publish anything about you or Chigon.”

“Yeah, that one doesn’t surprise me,” Reggie rolled his eyes. Charles had probably stopped those papers so that people outside the academy wouldn’t know about Chigon if any of the newspapers were to be taken out. That would’ve caused a lot of curiosity from scientists and it might’ve caused Charles to lose his chance to strike. “So is that why you said that you were trying to raise attention?”

“Yeah, but…well, everyone already knew about our news before we published them and the ones that were important were just disregarded as well.” She stared at the floor with disappointment and her defeated voice caused Reggie to looked at the stacks of paper once more. It was impossible for them to have all those papers if the year had barely started. “Those papers aren’t news from this year, they’re all from last year. The school has a policy that any undistributed papers have to be disposed of by the end of the year, but…well, I didn’t want to burn them…”

“Because you felt pride in them, didn’t you?” Claudia raised her head in astonishment, staring at Reggie’s smile as he raised one of the papers. “By looking at you I can tell that you like reading a lot, you might even say it’s your way of contributing. It’s something you love so you didn’t want to get rid of the papers that you yourself had worked with and approved.”

“Exactly, if I were to get rid of them it would be the same as erasing my presence! Add that to the fact that I…well, I’m not really known around this school the teachers only know me because they pass lists to me every day.” She sounded exasperated in Reggie’s opinion; as if she was tired or bored but wasn’t willing to admit it. “Sadly, all the members that came before graduated last year and the ones that were with me either didn’t come back or abandoned the group altogether. I wanted to gather more people on my own but I…I’m really shy and I’m not good at attracting people.”

“That explains why the place is ghostly.” Reggie was a little bit saddened, he could tell that Claudia was kind and quiet; in fact just seeing her reminded him of himself as well as Matthew but for some reason…she seemed worse. She looked like someone who wasn’t looking for a change but for someone that would bring that change to her.

“I can understand how you feel,” Reggie smiled warmly as he looked at the picture of the article he was reading. In the headline was a picture of Reggie wearing a red longcoat and standing alongside with Darren, Jack, Fin and Reggie; though Chigon wasn’t in the picture. “Last year everybody was all over us, it’s no wonder you guys couldn’t even get an interview. Plus, people were paying attention to all the professional newspapers that were reviewing the tournament and talking about the “new legends of the future.”

“I…” she chuckled slightly before looking away once more. “I actually wrote part of that article. You see, I made a bet that if you managed to pass to the finals then they should let me write the article.”

Reggie raised his eyebrow in curiosity before looking down at the article once again. The article was comprised of small summaries and opinions about each of the four finalists of the tournament, each one written by someone different. As he passed through Fin’s, Jack’s and Darren’s article which were about a quarter of the page each he came down upon his article.

“Reggie Damon is a student from the Charizard Red Dorm. He’s a first year like the rest of the finalists but unlike the others, he wasn’t always an elite trainer. Reggie had been branded as one of the weakest trainers in his dorm and the school earlier on the year, but thanks to his hard work and dedication he was able to reach the level of the other three participants in now time. This might sound a little clichéd, but if there’s anyone that can give an example about what it is to climb back from the ashes it’s him. Even though he’d not one of the expected winners, he’ll definitely go far.”

From what he read he could tell that she was a lot more confident on her opinion when she wrote than while talking to other people. “It’s a good article.”

“Thanks,” Claudia passed her hand behind her ear before getting up from her seat. “I…I think that the crowd left already,” she stuttered insecurely as Reggie stood up from his seat. “I hope I hadn’t bored you too much, I’m not used to getting company since the year started.”

“No it was okay. It was quieter than outside, at least,” Reggie laughed innocently. He knelt down to grab a hold of Chigon once more before turning around and heading over to the door.

However, before he could even grab a hold of the knob he felt a tug from his sleeve. “What is it?” Reggie asked, turning back around so that he could come face to face with Claudia.

She was grabbing a firm hold of his left sleeve and she was staring at the floor with a deep blush on her face that was barely visible through her curtain of brown hair. “I just want to…well.” She let go of his hand as quickly as she had grabbed ahold of it and turned to the table, immediately grabbing a sheet of paper that had been placed there and showing to Reggie.

The sheet had the words “Sign-Up Form” on the top along with multiple parts that had to be filled in. He didn’t need her to tell him what she wanted. Instead, he gave the sheet back to her and smiled before patting her shoulder. “I don’t need it.”

“But…but why?” she gasped as a look of sadness mixed with shock became visible through her glasses. “I mean, I just…”

“Don’t worry,” Reggie waved as he opened the door. “Just wait for me, okay Claudia? I’ll come back tomorrow with something much better.”

The next day Claudia was making sure that the room was completely cleaned for when Reggie came back, if he was really going to join then it would’ve been better if they had somewhere to work in. Her anticipation was quelled when she heard a knock on the door. “Come in,” she said as she opened the door.

“Wow, this place looks…awesome.” Claudia blinked twice as she saw a pair of girls walk inside the room along with Reggie and the one she recognized as Darren; though Darren seemed a bit bitter at coming in.

One of the girls, the one with the blue uniform like hers, was marveling on the machines and newspapers; not even noticing Claudia. “I’ve always wanted to be in one of this rooms, even if it is small,” Valerie beamed as she turned to look at Claudia. “Oh. I’m Valerie, Reggie invited me to come since she told me you were looking for members.”

“Same for me. I’m Miko by the way,” Miko waved at Claudia; grinning cheerfully before she scanned the room. “Reggie told us that he wanted to help you make the newspaper better and since I don’t really have anything to do in my afternoons I figured it couldn’t hurt.

“You…you did it?” Clauda stuttered before finally shifting her sight at Reggie.

“I told you I’ll come back with something much better,” Reggie put an arm around both Valerie and Miko, though he did it rather nervously since he wasn’t sure if they were okay with it or not. “Valerie here is a photography fanatic as well as being obsessed with anything regarding news. She can be our photographer. As for Miko, well, she’s really great talking to people and she’s likable so she can be a reporter.”

“What about him?” Claudia pointed at Darren; who still seemed to be annoyed at the fact of being there.

“Why am I here, anyways?” Darren muttered bitterly.

“You don’t have anything to do either and it couldn’t kill you to socialize more, you know,” Valerie tugged on his rib, causing him to wince a little. “Plus you’re one of the strongest trainers here so you can have your own section about battles and...battly stuff,” she nodded her head proudly.

“Battly stuff…” Darren deadpanned.

Disregarding Darren’s opinion Reggie decided to focus on Claudia once more. He grabbed the sheets that were on the desk and handed one to each one of them. “Together with you, the reader that checks the articles, we have the new Newspaper Club!” Reggie announced before handling his sheet to Claudia.

She grabbed the sheet, not willing to let it go as she tried to hold back her tears of happiness. “Thanks, you guys. I mean that,” she sniffed; passing her finger along her right eye so that she could brush off the tears.

End of Chapter 5
Next Time: The Transferred Superstar and Reggie’s Jealousy

This chapter was good.
A Nice build up.
I like Claudia, she seems a little withdrawn but still likeable, I'm just wondering if shes gonna be a battler too.

There were also muchless mistakes, just a few minor ones like a mixed up letter here and there.

I really, really like Claudia. She brings something fresh into the gang so I'm really looking forward to seeing of her more.

Does the next chapter introduce a new recurring character or just a one-time character? :O

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom