• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Pokemon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody

Reaction score
.....So....how can I start this. Well for those of you that have read Dragon's Roar then I welcome you back and for those that didn't well I still welcome you to this new story that is the sequel to Dragon's Roar.

If some of you took notice a few months ago about a story called Pokemon Academy: Dragon's Roar that kept getting updated once every weeks (or two weeks or months depending on how big the block was) then you might've been curious as to why it was so popular.

Pokemon Academy is basically just that the adventures of a group of kids at a Pokemon academy the thing that sets it apart is something that makes the story very complex. The story begins in Elemental Academy which is part of an island archipelago located somewhere in between the four main regions while also being an academy surrounded by mystery.

The other thing that sets this fic apart from what you'd expect in an academy fic is Chigon a fakemon...and if you're still reading this after reading the word fakemon I can reassure you that you don't have to worry about a super powerful Pokemon that no one can defeat and that has no weakness, Chigon is basically a Pokemon that was unique to the archipelago thousands of years ago and that our main character Reggie found one day during his first year. Chigon holds a great power that is seek by many a power that could destroy the world and Reggie has to protect it along with his friends.

That's basically the plot of Dragon's Roar...but we're taking a different turn here. Instead of being super ultra action packed SYR will be a fic constructed by various ideas that I didn't get to use back in the first fic and it'll be a way for new readers to get into the story while I work out the main plot that doesn't mean it won't have action of course.

If you want to read the first installment of this series the link will be here: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f244/pokemon-academy-dragons-roar-ended-70624/

If you want to take the shortcut you can always visit the atlas. at the moment it only has a quick summary and character information but it will be updated with arcs and an explanation to Chigon.

Since I finished the story before the previous awards I didn't get a chance to put up the new awards I got so I'll do it here.

BestMainCharacter.png
BestLongStory.png

Also if you'd like to be tag every time there's an update then I'll add you to the list.

@Aeherx; @Thundagere; @Rob Anybody; @Jinoga; @Instrutilus; @Lugion; @BlueNostalgia; @Gastly's Mama

And now to get thing started. I'd like to announce the official start of...

SYR-PA-1-1.png

Also a big thanks to @Instrutilus; for recently making this logos and shield : D

url]

url]

And last but not least, as requested by @Midorikawa; recently I am now putting up an index of the chapters as well as a description of Chigon's evolutions. Also thanks to her for doing this because my own lazyass self couldn't.

Character Sprites:
FHT1R.png
FHT2.png
FHT3.png
FHT4.png

Reggie:
FHT1R.png

Larger Version of him and Chigon that I cut from the DR banner:
ReggieandChi.png

The picture of him and Miko by Instrutilus
RM-1.png

Fang Drag AKA Fin Wave:
FHT2.png

Jack Harman:
FHT3.png

Adorable Darren Schifer:
FHT4.png

DESCRIPTION OF CHIGON EVOLUTIONS:
Chigon: Chigon looks like a puppy with a dragon like tail. It has two dragon like wings that protrude from its sides and on its forehead is a red triangle.

Alagon: A medium sized dragon that is much larger than Chigon and stands on all fours. Its backside is covered by red armor that goes all down its tail and the underside is covered in white scales. Its nose is long with fangs and long whiskers as well as blue horns on its head along with a yellow jewel in the center of its chest.

Pangon: About twice as big as Alagon, Pangon also stands on all fours. Its body and legs are covered in yellow armor while its head is covered by a golden helmet. Between the armor on its body and legs, one can see yellow fur, likewise its neck is covered by a yellow mane along with the already present armor.Two blade like objects protrude from its sides and the end of the tail is a spiked ball object. Most notable about it is that unlike the others it does not have wings.

Plesiogon:It looks like a plesiosaurus covered in aqua blue armor from head to body. Parts of it not covered by the armor reveal its navy colored skin. It has fangs protruding from its mouth and its eyes are yellow with large pupils.

Rosegon:Rosegon is around the same size as Alagon except thinner and with green eyes. It is completely covered in green scales with a long neck that has a flower shaped helmet covering it. Its body has vines wrapped around it and on its back is a large pink flower.

Pyrgon: This one is special as it evolves from Alagon rather than Chigon. Unlike Alagon it stands on two legs and has actual arms. Its whole body is covered by a fiery red armor. It wings are longer than Alagon's and are crimson in color, and its tail is longer as well. On its forehead is a V shaped crest and its chest armor that goes all the way to the shoulders has a diamond like crest in the middle.

Cielgon: Cielgon the true evolution of Chigon is a bipedal dragon. The whole body is covered in white armor minus its white scaled feet, claws, and mouth. Its eyes are blue in color and on its forehead is a red triangle just like chigon. Its wings are large and feathery like an angels.

INDEX

Daily Lives Arc
Prologues
Chapter 1: There’s Always a First Day
Chapter 2: Reggie and Matthew, Under Achievers Unite!
Chapter 3: What Makes a Tag Team
Chapter 4: United We Might Win
Chapter 5: The Girl that Sat Alone
Chapter 6: A Transferred Star and Reggie’s Jealousy
Chapter 7: Lost in the Forrest
Chapter 8: Girlfriend?

Black Knights Arc
Chapter 9: Mistralton: The First Stop
Chapter 10: Ice Cream and Fireworks
Chapter 11: Lights, Camera, Action!
Chapter 12: Victoria Inalcanzable Parte 1
Chapter 13: Victoria Inalcanzable Parte 2
Chapter 14: Victoria Alcanzable
Chapter 15: Realization

Fall from Grace Arc

Chapter 16: The Great Detectives Claudia and Valerie
Chapter 17: The Looming Shadows
Chapter 18: Meet the Enforcers
Chapter 19: Declaration of War
Chapter 20: Hitting Rock Bottom

Celadon City Arc

Chapter 21: Gallant Reggie
Chapter 22: Celadon City Scramble Part 1: Broken Bonds
Chapter 23: Celadon City Scramble Part 2: Rising from the Ashes
Chapter 24: Celadon City Scramble Part 3: A Victory and a Confession
Chapter 25: First Date and Epilogue

Academy Club Battle Royale Arc

Chapter 26: Reggie vs Tyson, Win with One Shot
Chapter 27: Reggie’s Proposal
Chapter 28: The First Challenge and Fifth Meeting
Chapter 29: Claudia’s and Allison’s Abilities
Chapter 30: Miko’s Love
Chapter 31: A Strategist’s Game

Vs. Enforcers Arc

Chapter 32: 6 vs. 6 The Last Challenge Begins
Chapter 33: Skipping Stones, The Battle Girl falls
Chapter 34: Teamwork/The Dark Forest
Chapter 35: Two Different Worlds
Chapter 36: Afterthoughts

Experimentation Arc

Chapter 37: Bloodless Brotherhood
Chapter 38: Let's Create a Battle Style
Chapter 39: The Boy's Valentine's Day Escapade
Chapter 40: Everyone's Valentines
Chapter 41: Birthday
Chapter 42: Do you Wanna Raise a Pokemon
Chapter 43: The Enforcer's Last Day
Chapter 44: Will of a Charizard Flame Part 1
Chapter 45: Will of a Charizard Flame Part 2

Sin Arc

Chapter 46: Sin Part 1: Resentment
Chapter 47: Sin Part 2: Struggle
Chapter 48: Sin Part 3: Counter-Attack
Chapter 49: Sin Part 4: Elemental Academy Unites
Chapter 50: Sin Part 5: The Couple's Last Resort (Standby)
Chapter 51: And So Life Goes On (Standby)
Epilogue: Memorial (Writing Phase)

Prologue Number 1

Pokémon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody

Prologue: Old and New Faces

The sun was shining down upon the Academy Archipelago as a flock of Wingull and Pelliper started flying around the surrounding areas.

The Academy Archipelago. An area known for holding one of the most prestigious academies in the world, also known as Elemental Academy, an academy for young Pokémon Trainers or Coordinators to polish their skills and become better. Also of the Top Three, a selected group of academies that are known for being the best in the world.

Various ships were approaching the archipelago, coming from all regions and filled with students as well as teachers that were now ready to start the new school year. Inside one of the ships was a tall, long blue haired woman around 28 years of age. She had a slightly tanned skin along with a pair of blue colored eyes that matched the ocean water she had been entranced by. She certainly lived up to her age with her having long legs that matched perfectly with her alluring figure.

She moved back slowly and took a quick breath of the fresh island air. “Hmmm, a beautiful island paradise is something I’ve always enjoyed. And the fact I’m going to be working and living here just makes it better,” she said as a cheerful smile crossed her face.

“I did hear the academy just had a change in principal, no one knows what happened to the last one though,” she scratched her chin suspiciously before she heard some gurgling and coughing noises from a few meters from where she was standing. “What’s that?”

She deadpanned as she saw a teenager leaning against the rail and looking down at the sea. Of course this would’ve passed off as normal if it wasn’t due to all the vomiting that he was doing. The woman frowned before turning around and covering her eyes. “Would you stop doing that!” she exclaimed; causing the teenager to turn to look at her; thankfully he was clean when he did.

“Sorry about that.” The woman turned back around finally being able to detail the young man’s feature. He had long brown hair that went down to his neck and covered his right eye; giving him a calm yet shy look; this detracted people from his blue eyes, which matched the woman’s own. He was rather short for his age; were it not for the academy’s limit of age fifteen for first years she would’ve thought that he was fourteen years old or younger due to both his height and facial features.

Frankly speaking, as a teacher she could pretty much define the type of person the kid was already. Probably one of those shy guys that are in the corner; of course, that didn’t mean she couldn’t help. “Oh, I’m sorry if I yelled, it’s just that…” she winced before looking back at the teenager. “Anyway, are you feeling better?”

“Yeah. It’s just that I ate too much so it kind of came bac…I’ll stop talking now,” the teenager nodded his head, embarrassed, before shaking it. “Sorry, my name’s Reggie Damon. I’m pleased to meet you.” He held out his right hand towards Stacy

“My name’s Stacy Lewis, same here,” Stacy smiled as she shook his right hand before letting go. “Are you a returning student or are you just starting?” she asked curiously; mostly because she wanted to confirm how old he was.

“I’m a second year starting today. So by that I can tell that you’re a new teacher, right,” he pointed out with a smile on his face. Even if he gave off a weird vibe at first there was still something soothing and calm about him.

“Yeah, I just got hired a few months ago so I’m really nervous,” Stacy chuckled nervously as she tried to hide her nervousness. “I hope I’m liked.”

“Oh I’m sure you will Ms. Lewis…it is Ms. Right?” Reggie asked; not wanting to make the wrong assumption.

“Yeah. I’m too young to get married anyway,” Stacy pointed out while waving her hand around. “Well, so far you don’t seem like a bad type so I hope the rest of the academy acts like you.”

“Things can get hectic at times but they get solved pretty easily,” Reggie pointed out; though he had a more serious look on his face this time. Though Stacy didn’t know and probably couldn’t even imagine it Reggie had been in the middle of the events that went on in the academy last year—their fight against their own principal that had caused the academy to turn to chaos. Of course, these had been kept secret from the general public and instead it was reported that some bad trainers had entered the academy and that the principal resigned after they were gone.

Charles Goodwin…that was the name of the man that had given and taken so much from Reggie all for his own selfish goals. “Hey, is there something you’re not telling me or that I need to know?” Reggie was brought back to the real world as he looked at Stacy’s questioning expression.

“Well I…”

“Chi!” Reggie turned to look at the door that led into the ship. Suddenly the doors burst open and a small white creature flew by. Having noticed the blur Stacy quickly moved away only for Reggie to get struck on the face by the white blur. “Hey, are you okay!?” Stacy jolted back up only to notice what was really going on.

“This is one of the things you should know about,” Reggie groaned. Licking his face was a small puppy-like dragon Pokémon. However, it was a completely different Pokémon from any Stacy had ever seen, it was covered in white fur and had a trianglular head along with a pair of blue eyes. It had a short tail and four legs as well as a blue diamond mark right beneath its eyes and a pair of wings.

“What the fuck is that?” Stacy demanded, without minding her language as Reggie got the puppy/dragon Pokémon to sit on his shoulder.

“This is Chigon,” Reggie replied while pointing at Chigon who just smiled back at Stacy. “And let’s just say he’s a special Pokémon of mine.” Reggie looked into his pocket before taking out a small rectangle device and holding it up. The device didn’t have any buttons aside from a small black button at the bottom; the rest was simply a screen along with a camera on the back. “This is the Academy Dex, by the way. It’s like a special version of a Pokédex and it’s the only thing that has any data on Chigon,” Reggie raised the device and pointed the camera at Chigon while letting Stacy see the screen.

The screen suddenly lit up as a picture of Chigon appeared along with various notes about its size, weight, habitat and attacks. One thing that popped out was the description paragraph that appeared. “This Pokemon has been labeled as the Sacred Dragon Pokemon and it is an extinct species that lived thousands of years ago in an ancient civilization known as the Dragonic Archipelago.” She muttered while reading the information. “I never heard about anything like that.”

“Well, it’s a long story actually,” Reggie chuckled nervously before looking up at Chigon and petting him. “Let’s just say this guy is special.”

“I’ll say,” Stacy nodded her head before smiling. “He’s really cute though.” She stuck her hand out and petted Chigon softly who in turn smile and purred at the softness of her hand. “Hey, I think it likes me.”

“If he didn’t then I’d have to worry about you,” Reggie chuckled; though Stacy didn’t exactly understand what he was referring to. She was still confused and suspicious but it was probably for the better if she didn’t meddle too much on the subject; though she would ask the principal about this matter as soon as she met him.

“So there you went. Don’t run off like that man.” Reggie and Stacy turned around to look at another teenager that was walking out to the deck. He seemed to be around 16 or 17 years of age and was as tall as Stacy; leaving Reggie behind by a couple of inches. He had messy crimson colored hair that covered part of his forehead but left his pale blue eyes visible to the world. He also had slightly tanned skin and at the time was wearing a black figure hugging t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans.

“Friend of yours?” Stacy asked as she turned back to Reggie.

“You were looking for me, Fin?” Reggie asked while raising an eyebrow.

“Of course I did, one minute you were eating next to me and the next you’re god knows where,” Fin replied before eying Stacy, Reggie just sighed; knowing what was gonna happen next. “Oh. Sorry about that, I hadn’t seen you before,” Fin apologized while smiling at Stacy. “My name’s Fin Wave. It’s nice to meet you,” he said slyly while holding his right hand out.

“Your name’s Fa…” Before Reggie could finish the sentence Fin had already smacked him upside the head. “Just saying,” he groaned; noticing that Stacy was eying the two voice with a look of confusion now.

“Nice to meet you. My name’s Stacy Lewis and I will be teaching in this academy from this moment on,” Stacy replied with a soft giggle. Fin seemed to be a bit taken aback at first before a grin flashed on his face.

“Wow really? I mean by your looks I thought you’d be a student or something,” Fin pointed out; causing Stacy to giggle again.

“That’s really nice of you to say but there’s no way I could be a student at this point,” Stacy shook her head before looking over at the horizon. She gasped as she saw a large castle like building on the far edge of the island. The castle had two long hallways on each side that stretched over to the steps that connected the docks to the entrance of the school.

Along with the hall ways there were various quads set up inside the school grounds and two other buildings connected to the castle by a transparent bridge.

“Wow…” Fin muttered as he looked at the academy with amazed eyes. “They sure did a lot of remodeling over the summer, didn’t they.” Reggie nodded his head but didn’t so much as utter a word as he looked at the academy building. It was much bigger from last years and it definitely had a lot more space now compared to only occupying a small portion of the island the year before.

“I can’t believe I’m actually going to teach here,” Stacy gasped before noticing all of the other ships that were approaching the docks as well.

“Maybe Miko’s in one of them,” Fin pointed out; causing Reggie to frown and look at him. “What you know you’re happy to see her again,” he laughed as Reggie tried to hide the blush on his face.

“Shut up.” Reggie looked down at the water. Miko had been the girl he had first met at the academy and the first person to talk to him, period. Even though he liked her and the two had kissed once the year before he still didn’t want to address the issue and he knew that she didn’t want to either. “It’s best if we just act like that never happened.”

“Oh a juicy story,” Stacy muttered to herself before smiling. “Anyway I should worry about my own problems for the moment.”

“So it’s finally time to start our second year isn’t buddy,” Reggie petted Chigon’s head softly; causing the Pokemon to close its eyes and smile. “I wonder what the future will bring for us this time though.” He said as he looked at the academy building with determination reflecting in his eyes.

End of Prologue 1
Next Time: A Welcoming Dinner You Can’t Forget

Prologue Number 2

Prologue 2: Welcome to the Academy

Reggie and Fin were being led through the flight of steps that ended in the school building’s gate. Reggie looked around as he tried to not collide with any other students. There was barely any space left and if one didn’t watch out they would trip and take down everyone below them. “Chi,” Reggie looked up to see Chigon flying above them; the small dragon never liked to be in a line so it was no surprise.

“The academy sure looks different, doesn’t it,” Fin pointed out as he stood next to Reggie. He was right though, the academy was even bigger now and it took up a lot more space. Reggie looked over to the sides, noticing that there were long tubes connecting to the castle from all sides. As he followed the tubes he noticed that they led to the five corners of the island.

The dorms of the academy had been remodeled as well and just like the building they had a lot more space now. Reggie couldn’t help but gasp as he looked at the tall red one toward the left corner. The Charizard Flame dorm, the dorm that he belonged to and a place that he could consider a second home. “Will you have a roommate this year? I heard that Jordan isn’t coming back.” Reggie turned around to look at Fin.

Jordan was Reggie’s roommate the year before and while the two had some friction due to difference in personalities, he was still a good friend. Unfortunately, Jordan decided that he wouldn’t be coming back due to him wanting to become stronger. This was mostly due to the fact that he was an spectator the year before when the others had to defend the academy.

“I don’t know, I’m still shocked. I mean, the only thing he sent me was an email saying that he was going to travel instead,” Reggie sighed before noticing that he and Fin had reached the entrance to the gate. Reggie stared at the tall golden gate; letting the other students pass him by. “Yeah, even the gate looks amazing, kind of wonder where Brendan got all this from.”

“The school has a lot of funds, and he was champion of Hoenn, but still,” Reggie gulped, feeling a little bit nervous. Now that he thought about it, why wouldn’t he be nervous? He was a second year, meaning people were expecting more of him now and he couldn’t let himself lose especially after everyone started seeing him as a hero from last year. “I don’t think I feel confident anymore.” Fin gasped as he saw Reggie sulking on a corner.

“Hey, cheer up, I’m sure everything will be fine,” Fin chuckled nervously while ruffling the back of his head. “You don’t have to be a the kind of guy that people expect to be good,” Fin replied while patting Reggie’s shoulder. “Just be you.”

“Oh, come on. Of course people are gonna look up to us! Or at least to you. I don’t want anyone to look up to me,” Reggie frowned as Chigon sat on top of his head.

“Wow. I could hear your whining a mile away.” Reggie’s head went up towards the direction of the voice, his eyes quickly turning into a look of nostalgia and relieve. A girl was walking over to them, her long brown hair waving around as she walked.

She had a pair of brown colored eyes and white skin, complimented by long slender legs and nice hips. She was wearing a short sleeved black shirt along with a jean styled mini skirt. “Miko,” Reggie muttered as he watched the first friend he ever made in the academy walk over.

“Why are you so surprise. Thought I wasn’t coming back?” Miko grinned as she waved at both Fin and Reggie. “I can’t do that. You’ll be getting depressed in a corner for life just like you’re doing now.” Fin tried hard not to laugh after that comment; of course this also got him a frown from Reggie.

“That’s not guaranteed,” Reggie ruffled the back of his head while blushing with embarrassment. “Anyway. I’m glad to see you Miko,” Reggie smiled as he and Miko looked at each other’s eyes; causing a powerful feeling of nervousness well up inside Reggie’s stomach.

“Awww. You look so cute together.” Reggie turned around only to have a pair of arms wrapped around his neck. He could feel a small metallic object against his chest before noticing that it was a digital camera. “You missed me cuz,” the girl let go of Reggie before smiling. She had long black colored hair along with a pair of blue eyes that matched with Reggie’s. She was wearing a long sleeved black sweater along with a black mini skirt. When it came to height she was about the same size as Reggie; though if Reggie didn’t start growing he would probably be left behind.

“Valerie, I was wondering where you were coming from,” Reggie turned around to look at his cousin Valerie. Valerie, like Fin was a member of the Blastoise Aqua dorm as well as being a part of Reggie’s group. One of the things the bothered him though was her unusual ways to show her care towards him.

“That doesn’t matter. What matters is that I’m here,” Valerie beamed before hugging Reggie once more; causing him to blush slightly as he noticed Fin and Miko chuckling. “While I want to keep teasing you like this I think it would be better if we entered the building already,” Valerie pointed out; noticing that most of the students had already walked inside.

“Jack, Marie, and Darren must’ve passed by while we were distracted,” Fin turned to the gates and began to walk over. “The welcoming speech will be at the auditorium. And considering that we don’t know our way around the new building, I don’t think it’ll be wise to lose the group of students,” he explained before he started running inside.

Reggie looked up at the gates with expectation and nervousness in his face. Once he went through those gates, his second year would start, whether it’d turn out as chaotic as the last or if it’d be peaceful would all depend on how he made his choices once more. “Chi!” he looked down; only to see an impatient Chigon biting softly at his ankle as encouragement for him to enter.

“All right buddy I get it,” Reggie laughed softly before looking at both Miko and Valerie. He couldn’t think anymore; instead he only needed to walk straight forward and wait for what could happened.

Reggie looked around the auditorium in curiosity. Aside from the stage he couldn’t really see anything due to the sea of people that was covering his view. He looked at Miko who was sitting next to him. “You look nervous. How come?” she asked after noticing that Reggie had been staring at her.

“It’s just that. Well you know last year was such a disaster and I just want this year to be normal,” Reggie pointed out as he looked down at the floor. “Sure I did a lot last year with battling against Zivok and Charles but I'd rather have a normal second year.”

“I think we both agree on that, buddy,” Miko smiled before putting her foot in front of Reggie’s.

“Chi,” came the voice of an annoyed Chigon as it waited for them to let him out from under the seat.

“Sorry Chigon but Pokémon aren’t allowed in here,” Miko whispered softly; making the Pokémon pout before it retreated to its hiding place. Reggie rolled his eyes at Chigon’s actions. Sometimes he just couldn’t understand why the dragon Pokémon didn’t even want to be in a Pokéball.

“Guess he’s still giving you trouble isn’t he?” Reggie raised his head before turning his head half around to look at the person that had spoken to him. “Yo,” Reggie smiled as he saw a familiar violet hair wave around along with the pair of green colored eyes that met his directly.

“Marie it’s you,” Reggie smiled as Marie gave him a peace sign while smiling. Miko looked back at Marie before shifting to Reggie. For Reggie to react like that would mean that he was still caught up in his crush from last year. Miko frowned as she put her hands on the arms of the chair to try and calm down. She didn’t dislike Marie; at least not anymore; but she wasn’t too accustomed to the fact of Reggie still being hypnotized by her.

“Yeah. I was looking for you guys by the docks but there were so many people that I wasn’t even able to find my way here,” she heard Marie respond with a bit of a cutesy tone. “After I finally saw you guys you had already entered the auditorium. I had to throw some people aside too just to get this seat,” she laughed making Reggie chuckle slightly before the room was thrown into complete darkness; causing the students to look over at the stage once it became the only source of light in the room.

“Testing. Testing,” Reggie looked up at the man that was now standing atop the stage, his black colored hair that reached his neck and almost covered his ruby colored eyes waving around while he tested the microphone. “I think that’s good enough,” he smiled before realizing that everyone heard what he was saying now.

“For starters I’d like to welcome you all to Elemental Academy. For those of you that are returning then I’m glad that you came back and I hope you can help the new group. For those of you that came in this year then I’d just like to say welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay,” he spoke with a relaxed and unbothered tone; causing the atmosphere in the room to soften and for the students to pay full attention to him. “Oh. I just realized I didn’t tell you who I am. For those of you that don’t know.” He turned around before kneeling down and grabbing a suitcase next to the podium. After he opened the suitcase he took out a white colored beanie with a Pokéball mark in the front. “My name is Brendan Birch and I’ll be your principal starting this year,” Brendan smiled as he put the beanie on; causing the crowd to gasp.

Reggie looked around the room. It was easy to recognize those that were just starting due to their reaction. After all, no one would expect an ex-Hoenn champion to be teaching in an academy, especially someone as famous as Brendan. “Some of you may know me as the ex-champion of the Hoenn League a few years back, but from now on I’ll be your principal, meaning you have to treat me with respect. Of course, I’ll also be supportive if you feel like you want to talk then feel free to tell me anything you want. After all, my heart’s an open book and the door to my office will always be opened.” He replied calmly as he put his hands on the place where the heart was supposed to be.

“Now let’s leave all the depressing stuff aside and become a little bit more cheerful,” Brendan smiled before clicking his fingers; causing the lights to be turned on once more. “I’d just like to say that these years we have more than just first year students. We’ve also got a new set of three teachers to replace last year’s biology teacher, Mr. Fuse, as well as Mrs. Agatha Shadow who retired, and of course myself since I was promoted from Battling class teacher to principal late last year,” Brendan explained before turning to his left where all the teachers started walking in.

Reggie was able to recognize all of the teachers from last year that hadn’t left. Among these were Mr. Grayson, a large muscular brown haired man who was his battling teacher the year before and was probably teaching him again now that Brendan was principal. Next to Grayson was a tall blond haired woman wearing a long sleeved purple jacket along with a purple skirt. She had a pair of round glasses and green colored eyes.

“I’d like to introduce Mr. Grayson and Ms. Rose to the new first years Mr. Grayson will be the battling teachers for those in first year while Ms. Rose will keep her spot as Coordination teacher,” Brendan explained. Reggie looked over towards Mr. Grayson who seemed to grumble at the fact that he was still stuck teaching the less knowledgeable first years.

“He looks mad,” Miko pointed out while scratching the back of her head. “It seems like the summer didn’t do a good job in calming him down.” She then turned back around so that she could see the two other teachers that were now walking into the stage.

The first one was a man wearing a long sleeved lab coat with a green turtle neck sweater under it. The man had a white almost pale colored skin along with a pair of round colored glasses. Reggie noticed that the man seemed to be a bit nervous about standing in front of a crowd.

The woman next to him had long colored red hair that went down to her waist; though by the way she frowned whenever the hair got onto her face could show that she didn’t like it being so long. She had a pair of hazel eyes and was wearing a white colored jacket with a pocket. The jacket itself only reached the top of her midriff allowing people to see her firm stomach; she was also wearing a pair of short shorts to show her legs.

Reggie and Miko looked around; noticing that a lot of the male students were already gawking at the sight of what the teacher was wearing. Reggie in turn couldn’t help but blush a little, with Rose, Stacy and now that other teacher second year might turn out to be really fun; of course he couldn’t actually say that out loud. “You like her too don’t you?” Miko asked with a deadpan causing Reggie to stutter in embarrassment.

“For those of you that have already been here Professor Leroy is already known. However considering your reactions I guess you’ve already noticed that the lovely woman standing next to him is new,” Brendan said while grabbing the MIC as if he was in some kind of game show. “I’d like to present you to Taisha Jenkins from this year on she’ll be the new PE teacher,” Brendan explained before making another signal.

“Wow, looks like things are going to heat up…literally,” Fin pointed out from his seat while grinning mischievously.

Finally, three more teachers walked into the stage. Fin and Reggie instantly raised their head as they recognized Stacy standing in the left corner with two other male teachers right next to her. “She looks pretty too,” Miko pointed out while Reggie tried to hide the fact that he agreed.

The man standing to Stacy’s right had regally paled skin along with long black curly hair that went down to his shoulders. He had a pair of crimson colored eyes that could be seen due to the two spirals he had formed from his hair. He was wearing a long sleeved black open-chested shirt with laces strung together across the chest. He also wore a pair of tight black pants that hid his tall black boots.

The other man had long red hair that went down to his neck. He was wearing a long sleeved red button jacket with golden buttons. He also wore a pair of tight white jean and black moccasins.

Reggie eyed the man with curiosity. For some reason it felt as if he had seen the red haired man before, though he couldn’t figure out where or when. “Well, at least we can get some eye candy too this year,” Miko and Marie both chuckled; making Reggie and Fin roll their eyes. “Oh, stop it with the double standard,” Miko frowned in annoyance.

“Wow, there really are a lot of students." muttered with a little nervousness in her voice. It was her first time teaching in such a large school and while she had obtained great marks whens he became a teacher she was still worried that it wouldn’t be enough for one of the best academies in the world.

“Don’t be nervous,” she turned to look at the man wearing the black shirt. “Frankly, I feel delighted with this turn of events.” he spoke calmly and slyly as he looked around. “With all these students it just means the more pupils we’ll get to teach. Just remember that it doesn’t matter what you teach but how you teach them,” he explained before noticing that a smile had now crossed Stacy’s face.

‘Thanks,” Stacy smiled. “What’s your name?” she asked causing the man to point over to Brendan.

“I’d like to introduce our three new teachers starting from this year,” Brendan extended his right arm so that the students could look at the three young teachers. “Stacy Lewis will be our new Biology Teacher and head of the Blastoise Aqua dorm!” he announced, making Stacy’s eyes widened at the thought of having to take care of a whole dorm.

“Am I lucky or what?” Fin chuckled form his seat. With Stacy as the guide of his dorm he pretty much had it made for the rest of the year. “I think I am.”

“Then we have Siegfreed Vairmourne who will be the new head of the Houndoom Dark dorm!” Brendan announced; signaling for Siegfreed to adjust the neck of his shirt.

“And the last teacher is Kevin Blaze and he will be our new Charizard Flame head!” Reggie and Miko both raised their heads at the sight of their new dorm head who began waving at the group of students.

“Looks like things really are going to be different this year huh?” Miko pointed out while looking at Reggie and Chigon.

“Yeah it really is,” Reggie nodded his head in agreement as the lights of the auditorium turned back on.

End of Prologue 2
Next time Chapter 1: There’s Always a First Day

So I hope you guys liked it and that you point anything you'd like now that you've gone through it. If you're a new reader then I'd like to welcome you and I hope to see you reading this story again soon.

Also special thanks to Miloticgirl McQueen for letting me borrow Stacy and to Sovereign for letting me use the basics of his character Lucien from the Treebloome Academy RP to create Freed I'm using Lucien's last name as an honor.

And I'll also like to thank Thundagere for beta reading and Instrutilus for the banner.

Last edited:
Well I've read both prologues and I did a few things, they're in bold.

The sun was shining down upon the Academy Archipelago as a flock of Wingull and Pelliper started flying around the surrounding areas.

The Academy Archipelago. An area known for holding one of the most prestigious academies in the world, also known as Elemental Academy, an academy for young Pokémon Trainers or Coordinators to polish their skills and become better. Also of the Top Three, a selected group of academies that are known for being the best in the world.

Various ships were approaching the archipelago, coming from all regions and filled with students as well as teachers that were now ready to start the new school year. Inside one of the ships was a tall, long blue haired woman around 28 years of age. She had a (not needed) slightly tanned skin along with a pair of blue colored eyes that matched the ocean water she had been entranced by. She certainly lived up to her age with her (bit clumsy to read, you can omit both words or used a word like graced after having) having long legs that matched perfectly with her alluring figure.

She moved back slowly and took a quick breath of the fresh island air. “Hmmm, a beautiful island paradise is something I’ve always enjoyed. And the fact I’m going to be working and living here just makes it better,” she said as a cheerful smile crossed her face.

“I did hear the academy just had a change in principal, no one knows what happened to the last one though,” she scratched her chin suspiciously before she heard some gurgling and coughing noises from a few meters from where she was standing. “What’s that?”

She deadpanned as she saw a teenager leaning against the rail and looking down at the sea. Of course this would’ve passed off as normal if it wasn’t due to all the vomiting that he was doing. The woman frowned before turning around and covering her eyes. “Would you stop doing that!” she exclaimed; causing the teenager to turn to look at her; thankfully he was clean when he did.

“Sorry about that.” The woman turned back around finally being able to detail the young man’s feature. He had long brown hair that went down to his neck and covered his right eye; giving him a calm yet shy look; this detracted people from his blue eyes, which matched the woman’s own. He was rather short for his age; were it not for the academy’s limit of age fifteen for first years she would’ve thought that he was fourteen years old or younger due to both his height and facial features.

Frankly speaking, as a teacher she could pretty much define the type of person the kid was already. Probably one of those shy guys that are in the corner; of course, that didn’t mean she couldn’t help. “Oh, I’m sorry if I yelled, it’s just that…” she winced before looking back at the teenager. “Anyway, are you feeling better?”

“Yeah. It’s just that I ate too much so it kind of came bac…I’ll stop talking now,” the teenager nodded his head, embarrassed, before shaking it. “Sorry, my name’s Reggie Damon. I’m pleased to meet you.” He held out his right hand towards Stacy

“My name’s Stacy Lewis, same here,” Stacy smiled as she shook his right hand before letting go. “Are you a returning student or are you just starting?” she asked curiously; mostly because she wanted to confirm how old he was.

“I’m a second year starting today. So by that I can tell that you’re a new teacher, right,” he pointed out with a smile on his face. Even if he gave off a weird vibe at first there was still something soothing and calm about him.

“Yeah, I just got hired a few months ago so I’m really nervous,” Stacy chuckled nervously as she tried to hide her nervousness. “I hope I’m liked.”

“Oh I’m sure you will Ms. Lewis…it is Ms. Right?” Reggie asked; not wanting to make the wrong assumption.

“Yeah. I’m too young to get married anyway,” Stacy pointed out while waving her hand around. “Well, so far you don’t seem like a bad type so I hope the rest of the academy acts like you.”

“Things can get hectic at times but they get solved pretty easily,” Reggie pointed out; though he had a more serious look on his face this time. Though (personally, it gets clumsy again when you read two thoughs) Stacy didn’t know and probably couldn’t even imagine it Reggie had been in the middle of the events that went on in the academy last year—their fight against their own principal that had caused the academy to turn to chaos. Of course, these had been kept secret from the general public and instead it was reported that some bad trainers had entered the academy and that the principal resigned after they were gone.

Charles Goodwin…that was the name of the man that had given and taken so much from Reggie all for his own selfish goals. “Hey, is there something you’re not telling me or that I need to know?” Reggie was brought back to the real world as he looked at Stacy’s questioning expression.

“Well I…”

“Chi!” Reggie turned to look at the door that led into the ship. Suddenly the doors burst open and a small white creature flew by. Having noticed the blur Stacy quickly moved away only for Reggie to get struck on the face by the white blur. “Hey, are you okay!?” Stacy jolted back up only to notice what was really going on.

“This is one of the things you should know about,” Reggie groaned. Licking his face was a small puppy-like dragon Pokémon. However, it was a completely different Pokémon from any Stacy had ever seen, it was covered in white fur and had a trianglular head along with a pair of blue eyes. It had a short tail and four legs as well as a blue diamond mark right beneath its eyes and a pair of wings.

“What the fuck is that?” Stacy demanded, without minding her language as Reggie got the puppy/dragon Pokémon to sit on his shoulder.

“This is Chigon,” Reggie replied while pointing at Chigon who just smiled back at Stacy. “And let’s just say he’s a special Pokémon of mine.” Reggie looked into his pocket before taking out a small rectangle device and holding it up. The device didn’t have any buttons aside from a small black button at the bottom; the rest was simply a screen along with a camera on the back. “This is the Academy Dex, by the way. It’s like a special version of a Pokédex and it’s the only thing that has any data on Chigon,” Reggie raised the device and pointed the camera at Chigon while letting Stacy see the screen.

The screen suddenly lit up as a picture of Chigon appeared along with various notes about its size, weight, habitat and attacks. One thing that popped out was the description paragraph that appeared. “This Pokemon has been labeled as the Sacred Dragon Pokemon and it is an extinct species that lived thousands of years ago in an ancient civilization known as the Dragonic Archipelago.” She muttered while reading the information. “I never heard about anything like that.”

“Well, it’s a long story actually,” Reggie chuckled nervously before looking up at Chigon and petting him. “Let’s just say this guy is special.”

“I’ll say,” Stacy nodded her head before smiling. “He’s really cute though.” She stuck her hand out and petted Chigon softly who in turn smile and purred at the softness of her hand. “Hey, I think it likes me.”

“If he didn’t then I’d have to worry about you,” Reggie chuckled; though Stacy didn’t exactly understand what he was referring to. She was still confused and suspicious but it was probably for the better if she didn’t meddle too much on the subject; though she would ask the principal about this matter as soon as she met him.

“So there you went. Don’t run off like that man.” Reggie and Stacy turned around to look at another teenager that was walking out to the deck. He seemed to be around 16 or 17 years of age and was as tall as Stacy; leaving Reggie behind by a couple of inches. He had messy crimson colored hair that covered part of his forehead but left his pale blue eyes visible to the world. He also had slightly tanned skin and at the time was wearing a black figure hugging t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans.

“Friend of yours?” Stacy asked as she turned back to Reggie.

“You were looking for me, Fin?” Reggie asked while raising an eyebrow.

“Of course I did, one minute you were eating next to me and the next you’re god knows where,” Fin replied before eying Stacy, Reggie just sighed; knowing what was gonna (it’s a fic so going to not gonna, unless somebody’s speaking and they speak like that but generally avoid gonna) happen next. “Oh. Sorry about that, I hadn’t seen you before,” Fin apologized while smiling at Stacy. “My name’s Fin Wave. It’s nice to meet you,” he said slyly while holding his right hand out.

“Your name’s Fa…” Before Reggie could finish the sentence Fin had already smacked him upside the head. “Just saying,” he groaned; noticing that Stacy was eying the two voice (voice, plural as it’s two so voices and can you eye voices? Maybe you meant boys instead of voice, don’t know) with a look of confusion now.

“Nice to meet you. My name’s Stacy Lewis and I will be teaching in this academy from this moment on,” Stacy replied with a soft giggle. Fin seemed to be a bit taken aback at first before a grin flashed on his face.

“Wow really? I mean by your looks I thought you’d be a student or something,” Fin pointed out; causing Stacy to giggle again.

“That’s really nice of you to say but there’s no way I could be a student at this point,” Stacy shook her head before looking over at the horizon. She gasped as she saw a large castle like building on the far edge of the island. The castle had two long hallways on each side that stretched over to the steps that connected the docks to the entrance of the school.

Along with the hall ways there were various quads set up inside the school grounds and two other buildings connected to the castle by a transparent bridge.

“Wow…” Fin muttered as he looked at the academy with amazed eyes. “They sure did a lot of remodeling over the summer, didn’t they.(Somebody needed to put a question mark)” Reggie nodded his head but didn’t so much as utter a word as he looked at the academy building. It was much bigger from last years and it definitely had a lot more space now compared to only occupying a small portion of the island the year before.

“I can’t believe I’m actually going to teach here,” Stacy gasped before noticing all of the other ships that were approaching the docks as well.

“Maybe Miko’s in one of them,” Fin pointed out; causing Reggie to frown and look at him. “What you know you’re happy to see her again,” he laughed as Reggie tried to hide the blush on his face.

“Shut up.” Reggie looked down at the water. Miko had been the girl he had first met at the academy and the first person to talk to him, period. Even though he liked her and the two had kissed once the year before he still didn’t want to address the issue and he knew that she didn’t want to either. “It’s best if we just act like that never happened.”

“Oh a juicy story,” Stacy muttered to herself before smiling. “Anyway I should worry about my own problems for the moment.”

“So it’s finally time to start our second year isn’t buddy,” Reggie petted Chigon’s head softly; causing the Pokemon to close its eyes and smile. “I wonder what the future will bring for us this time though.” He said as he looked at the academy building with determination reflecting in his eyes.

Reggie and Fin were being led through the flight of steps that ended in the school building’s gate. Reggie looked around as he tried to not collide with any other students. There was barely any space left and if one didn’t watch out they would trip and take down everyone below them. “Chi,” Reggie looked up to see Chigon flying above them; the small dragon never liked to be in a line so it was no surprise.

“The academy sure looks different, doesn’t it, (I’m sure you’ve guessed it by now)” Fin pointed out as he stood next to Reggie. He was right though, the academy was even bigger now and it took up a lot more space. Reggie looked over to the sides, noticing that there were long tubes connecting to the castle from all sides. As he followed the tubes he noticed that they led to the five corners of the island.

The dorms of the academy had been remodeled as well and just like the building they had a lot more space now. Reggie couldn’t help but gasp as he looked at the tall red one toward the left corner. The Charizard Flame dorm, the dorm that he belonged to and a place that he could consider a second home. “Will you have a roommate this year? I heard that Jordan isn’t coming back.” Reggie turned around to look at Fin.

Jordan was Reggie’s roommate the year before and while the two had some friction due to difference in personalities, he was still a good friend. Unfortunately, Jordan decided that he wouldn’t be coming back due to him wanting to become stronger. This was mostly due to the fact that he was an (a, the following word doesn’t begin with a vowel) spectator the year before when the others had to defend the academy.

“I don’t know, I’m still shocked. I mean, the only thing he sent me was an email saying that he was going to travel instead,” Reggie sighed before noticing that he and Fin had reached the entrance to the gate. Reggie stared at the tall golden gate; letting the other students pass him by. “Yeah, even the gate looks amazing, kind of wonder where Brendan got all this from.”

“The school has a lot of funds, and he was champion of Hoenn, but still,” Reggie gulped, feeling a little bit nervous. Now that he thought about it, why wouldn’t he be nervous? He was a second year, meaning people were expecting more of him now and he couldn’t let himself lose especially after everyone started seeing him as a hero from last year. “I don’t think I feel confident anymore.” Fin gasped as he saw Reggie sulking on a corner.

“Hey, cheer up, I’m sure everything will be fine,” Fin chuckled nervously while ruffling the back of his head. “You don’t have to be a the (I’m sure this is just a silly mistake) kind of guy that people expect to be good,” Fin replied while patting Reggie’s shoulder. “Just be you.”

“Oh, come on. Of course people are gonna look up to us! Or at least to you. I don’t want anyone to look up to me,” Reggie frowned as Chigon sat on top of his head.

“Wow. I could hear your whining a mile away.” Reggie’s head went up towards the direction of the voice, his eyes quickly turning into a look of nostalgia and relieve. A girl was walking over to them, her long brown hair waving around as she walked.

She had a pair of brown colored eyes and white skin, complimented by long slender legs and nice hips. She was wearing a short sleeved black shirt along with a jean styled mini skirt. “Miko,” Reggie muttered as he watched the first friend he ever made in the academy walk over.

“Why are you so surprise (surprise-d). Thought I wasn’t coming back?” Miko grinned as she waved at both Fin and Reggie. “I can’t do that. You’ll be getting depressed in a corner for life just like you’re doing now.” Fin tried hard not to laugh after that comment; of course this also got him a frown from Reggie.

“That’s not guaranteed,” Reggie ruffled the back of his head while blushing with embarrassment. “Anyway. I’m glad to see you Miko,” Reggie smiled as he and Miko looked at each other’s eyes; causing a powerful feeling of nervousness well up inside Reggie’s stomach.

“Awww. You look so cute together.” Reggie turned around only to have a pair of arms wrapped around his neck. He could feel a small metallic object against his chest before noticing that it was a digital camera. “You missed me cuz(question mark anyone),” the girl let go of Reggie before smiling. She had long black colored hair along with a pair of blue eyes that matched with Reggie’s. She was wearing a long sleeved black sweater along with a black mini skirt. When it came to height she was about the same size as Reggie; though if Reggie didn’t start growing he would probably be left behind.

“Valerie, I was wondering where you were coming from,” Reggie turned around to look at his cousin Valerie. Valerie, like Fin was a member of the Blastoise Aqua dorm as well as being a part of Reggie’s group. One of the things the bothered him though was her unusual ways to show her care towards him.

“That doesn’t matter. What matters is that I’m here,” Valerie beamed before hugging Reggie once more; causing him to blush slightly as he noticed Fin and Miko chuckling. “While I want to keep teasing you like this I think it would be better if we entered the building already,” Valerie pointed out; noticing that most of the students had already walked inside.

“Jack, Marie, and Darren must’ve passed by while we were distracted,” Fin turned to the gates and began to walk over. “The welcoming speech will be at the auditorium. And considering that we don’t know our way around the new building, I don’t think it’ll be wise to lose the group of students,” he explained before he started running inside.

Reggie looked up at the gates with expectation and nervousness in his face. Once he went through those gates, his second year would start, whether it’d turn out as chaotic as the last or if it’d be peaceful would all depend on how he made his choices once more. “Chi!” he looked down; only to see an impatient Chigon biting softly at his ankle as encouragement for him to enter.

“All right buddy I get it,” Reggie laughed softly before looking at both Miko and Valerie. He couldn’t think anymore; instead he only needed to walk straight forward and wait for what could happened.

Reggie looked around the auditorium in curiosity. Aside from the stage he couldn’t really see anything due to the sea of people that was covering his view. He looked at Miko who was sitting next to him. “You look nervous. How come?” she asked after noticing that Reggie had been staring at her.

“It’s just that. Well you know last year was such a disaster and I just want this year to be normal,” Reggie pointed out as he looked down at the floor. “Sure I did a lot last year with battling against Zivok and Charles but I'd rather have a normal second year.”

“I think we both agree on that, buddy,” Miko smiled before putting her foot in front of Reggie’s.

“Chi,” came the voice of an annoyed Chigon as it waited for them to let him out from under the seat.

“Sorry Chigon but Pokémon aren’t allowed in here,” Miko whispered softly; making the Pokémon pout before it retreated to its hiding place. Reggie rolled his eyes at Chigon’s actions. Sometimes he just couldn’t understand why the dragon Pokémon didn’t even want to be in a Pokéball.

“Guess he’s still giving you trouble isn’t he?” Reggie raised his head before turning his head half around to look at the person that had spoken to him. “Yo,” Reggie smiled as he saw a familiar violet hair wave around along with the pair of green colored eyes that met his directly.

“Marie it’s you,” Reggie smiled as Marie gave him a peace sign while smiling. Miko looked back at Marie before shifting to Reggie. For Reggie to react like that would mean that he was still caught up in his crush from last year. Miko frowned as she put her hands on the arms of the chair to try and calm down. She didn’t dislike Marie; at least not anymore; but she wasn’t too accustomed to the fact of Reggie still being hypnotized by her.

“Yeah. I was looking for you guys by the docks but there were so many people that I wasn’t even able to find my way here,” she heard Marie respond with a bit of a cutesy tone. “After I finally saw you guys you had already entered the auditorium. I had to throw some people aside too (not really needed, read better without) just to get this seat,” she laughed making Reggie chuckle slightly before the room was thrown into complete darkness; causing the students to look over at the stage once it became the only source of light in the room.

“Testing. Testing,” Reggie looked up at the man that was now standing atop the stage, his black colored hair that reached his neck and almost covered his ruby colored eyes waving around while he tested the microphone. “I think that’s good enough,” he smiled before realizing that everyone heard what he was saying now.

“For starters I’d like to welcome you all to Elemental Academy. For those of you that are returning then I’m glad that you came back and I hope you can help the new group. For those of you that came in this year then I’d just like to say welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay,” he spoke with a relaxed and unbothered tone; causing the atmosphere in the room to soften and for the students to pay full attention to him. “Oh. I just realized I didn’t tell you who I am. For those of you that don’t know.” He turned around before kneeling down and grabbing a suitcase next to the podium. After he opened the suitcase he took out a white colored beanie with a Pokéball mark in the front. “My name is Brendan Birch and I’ll be your principal starting this year,” Brendan smiled as he put the beanie on; causing the crowd to gasp.

Reggie looked around the room. It was easy to recognize those that were just starting due to their reaction. After all, no one would expect an ex-Hoenn champion to be teaching in an academy, especially someone as famous as Brendan. “Some of you may know me as the ex-champion of the Hoenn League a few years back, but from now on I’ll be your principal, meaning you have to treat me with respect. Of course, I’ll also be supportive if you feel like you want to talk then feel free to tell me anything you want. After all, my heart’s an open book and the door to my office will always be opened.” He replied calmly as he put his hands on the place where the heart was supposed to be.

“Now let’s leave all the depressing stuff aside and become a little bit more cheerful,” Brendan smiled before clicking his fingers; causing the lights to be turned on once more. “I’d just like to say that these years (this year) we have more than just first year students. We’ve also got a new set of three teachers to replace last year’s biology teacher, Mr. Fuse, as well as Mrs. Agatha Shadow who retired, and of course myself since I was promoted from Battling class teacher to principal late last year,” Brendan explained before turning to his left where all the teachers started walking in.

Reggie was able to recognize all of the teachers from last year that hadn’t left. Among these were (was as it’s only one person after) Mr. Grayson, a large muscular brown haired man who was his battling teacher the year before and was probably teaching him again now that Brendan was principal. Next to Grayson was a tall blond haired woman wearing a long sleeved purple jacket along with a purple skirt. She had a pair of round glasses and green colored eyes.

“I’d like to introduce Mr. Grayson and Ms. Rose to the new first years Mr. Grayson will be the battling teachers for those in first year while Ms. Rose will keep her spot as Coordination teacher,” Brendan explained. Reggie looked over towards Mr. Grayson who seemed to grumble at the fact that he was still stuck teaching the less knowledgeable first years.

“He looks mad,” Miko pointed out while scratching the back of her head. “It seems like the summer didn’t do a good job in calming him down.” She then turned back around so that she could see the two other teachers that were now walking into the stage.

The first one was a man wearing a long sleeved lab coat with a green turtle neck sweater under it. The man had a white almost pale colored skin along with a pair of round colored glasses. Reggie noticed that the man seemed to be a bit nervous about standing in front of a crowd.

The woman next to him had long colored red hair that went down to her waist; though by the way she frowned whenever the hair got onto her face could show that she didn’t like it being so long. She had a pair of hazel eyes and was wearing a white colored jacket with a pocket. The jacket itself only reached the top of her midriff allowing people to see her firm stomach; she was also wearing a pair of short shorts to show her legs.

Reggie and Miko looked around; noticing that a lot of the male students were already gawking at the sight of what the teacher was wearing. Reggie in turn couldn’t help but blush a little, with Rose, Stacy and now that other teacher second year might turn out to be really fun; of course he couldn’t actually say that out loud. “You like her too don’t you?” Miko asked with a deadpan causing Reggie to stutter in embarrassment.

“For those of you that have already been here Professor Leroy is already known. However considering your reactions I guess you’ve already noticed that the lovely woman standing next to him is new,” Brendan said while grabbing the MIC as if he was in some kind of game show. “I’d like to present you to Taisha Jenkins from this year on she’ll be the new PE teacher,” Brendan explained before making another signal.

“Wow, looks like things are going to heat up…literally,” Fin pointed out from his seat while grinning mischievously.

Finally, three more teachers walked into the stage. Fin and Reggie instantly raised their head as they recognized Stacy standing in the left corner with two other male teachers right next to her. “She looks pretty too,” Miko pointed out while Reggie tried to hide the fact that he agreed.

The man standing to Stacy’s right had regally paled skin along with long black curly hair that went down to his shoulders. He had a pair of crimson colored eyes that could be seen due to the two spirals he had formed from his hair. He was wearing a long sleeved black open-chested shirt with laces strung together across the chest. He also wore a pair of tight black pants that hid his tall black boots.

The other man had long red hair that went down to his neck. He was wearing a long sleeved red button jacket with golden buttons. He also wore a pair of tight white jean and black moccasins.

Reggie eyed the man with curiosity. For some reason it felt as if he had seen the red haired man before, though he couldn’t figure out where or when. “Well, at least we can get some eye candy too this year,” Miko and Marie both chuckled; making Reggie and Fin roll their eyes. “Oh, stop it with the double standard,” Miko frowned in annoyance.

“Wow, there really are a lot of students." muttered with a little nervousness in her voice (muttered who? Did you miss a word by accident). It was her first time teaching in such a large school and while she had obtained great marks whens he (silly mistake again I bet, most likely the s on the end of when was meant to be on the front of he) became a teacher she was still worried that it wouldn’t be enough for one of the best academies in the world.

“Don’t be nervous,” she turned to look at the man wearing the black shirt. “Frankly, I feel delighted with this turn of events.” he spoke calmly and slyly as he looked around. “With all these students it just means the more pupils we’ll get to teach. Just remember that it doesn’t matter what you teach but how you teach them,” he explained before noticing that a smile had now crossed Stacy’s face.

‘Thanks,” Stacy smiled. “What’s your name?” she asked causing the man to point over to Brendan.

“I’d like to introduce our three new teachers starting from this year,” Brendan extended his right arm so that the students could look at the three young teachers. “Stacy Lewis will be our new Biology Teacher and head of the Blastoise Aqua dorm!” he announced, making Stacy’s eyes widened at the thought of having to take care of a whole dorm.

“Am I lucky or what?” Fin chuckled form his seat. With Stacy as the guide of his dorm he pretty much had it made for the rest of the year. “I think I am.”

“Then we have Siegfreed Vairmourne who will be the new head of the Houndoom Dark dorm!” Brendan announced; signaling for Siegfreed to adjust the neck of his shirt.

“And the last teacher is Kevin Blaze and he will be our new Charizard Flame head!” Reggie and Miko both raised their heads at the sight of their new dorm head who began waving at the group of students.

“Looks like things really are going to be different this year huh?” Miko pointed out while looking at Reggie and Chigon.

“Yeah it really is,” Reggie nodded his head in agreement as the lights of the auditorium turned back on.

Right before you jump onto me about nitpicking the prologues, I’d like to say I didn’t as I didn’t do every flaw such as your commas. Most of your flaws I’m guessing are because you don’t read carefully enough after you’ve completed the chapter. Silly little things ruin the flow of the reader. I might not be taken seriously as my fic is a total farce and failure, but trust me, read everything properly, don’t skim just because you’ve finished.

Also, I think you can get a tad clumsy in some of your sentences. They do seem repetitive, though, though, though. Try rephrasing and reworking sentences to make it a little fresher.

And my biggest point to emphasize is about commas. I didn’t highlight any in your prologue as there’s a few, but you need to know how to use them correctly as it can really change your writing. The best way to know when to put a comma is just by reading it. Read it plain and simple, nice slow place and when you breathe and take a pause, stick the comma in there. Here’s my quick, self-made guide to use commas;

P-L-A-N-C-S
Pause, List, Adjective, Names, Clauses, Speech

Ok that’s basically not the negatives, but things you need to be wary about.

Onto your characters. I like them (especially Stacy, no biased decision there). Of course this is the prologue so we’re not really seeing your characters doing much so don’t worry. Now I don’t know if it’s me or anyone else see’s this, all your character’s will have the same actions as they all have similar action. If one of them nods, they all bloody nod. Scratching chin, exclaiming, pointed out, grin. Like, it’s not just in this prologue, it overall in your writing. Maybe you need to open up to different things because sooner or later, your characters seem to be having the same characteristics. That’s something I do really feel strong about as I quite enjoy literary fiction so characterization is something that I look into.

Erm, what else to say? Length is fine, you’re not trying too hard to add insanely large words to make the fic seem really good and you’ve got a good pace.

So yeah, overall good and I know this review looks bad and I might be like the new reviewer making faults of a fic that’s already survived fifty chapters, but I’d just really love if you focused on these tiny things. It’s these simplest things that can turn a goodish fic, into a solid, consistent fic.

Milo†icgirl McQüeen

Oh and thanks for the mention and tag me from now on please!

Honestly I'm thankful for your review. It doesn't matter if you're a new reader that has nothing to do with what your opinion about the chapter is.

Yeah commas have been one of my biggest problems as well as the reactions I basically resort to them when I can't think of anything better but I'm trying to get over that at the moment. The commas thing might take a while but I'm sure I can get the hang of it soon enough.

Anyhow I really liked your review and I'll be sure to tag you once the next chapter comes out.

And don't worry after spending a year RPing with you I know that you're not to be underestimated xD frankly I was sure that if your review was good it meant that I pretty much did great since I was mostly expecting this kind of review.

It's good and interesting, though I'm not fond of the whole Prologue 1 and 2 thing you're doing. I look forward to the character development of the new ones and how the old characters grow from here.

There.

I like it!

Your writing has improved significantly (although you're still having comma troubles!), and your characters are as well done as ever. I'm sad that Jordan's gone, it was refreshing to have the perspective of an outsider and fairly mediocre kid. Maybe he'll show up later, though. Can't tell where this is going yet (I'll have to go back and read the epilogues of DR), but I'm looking forward to its continuation.

I suppose it was a good decision, you've been having to balance a lot of characters.

And now that I'm back from my vacation it's time to continue now I'll post the awaited first chapter.

@AetherX; @Thundagere ; @Rob Anybody ; @Jinoga ; @Instrutilus ; @Lugion ; @BlueNostalgia ; @Gastly's Mama;

Oh and thanks for the mention and tag me from now on please!
Well I tried but for some reason the mention never gets it right so I had to resort to this.

Chapter 1: There’s Always a First Day

Reggie pulled the sheet of his bed past his pillow before turning to look down at the long sleeved red jacket. He looked around his room once more with a bit of nostalgia in his eyes. It was just like he remembered, simple and furnished such that only a person as simple as the room would enjoy. “I should get ready.” He turned around and walked over to the closet before pulling out a short sleeved black shirt.

After the new students had been sorted into their dorm the night before so that everyone was set to go to their own dorm for their welcoming dinner. While he wanted to get to know the new head of the Charizard Flame dorm he was too tired from the trip so he and Miko spent most of the night in the room with each other.

A smile crossed his face after he remembered the previous night. It had been a long time since he and Miko had had a chance to talk to each other like that, something that brought a lot of happiness to him.

“Chi!” Reggie turned towards the door as he saw Chigon walking in drowsily alongside Reggie’s Azumarill.

“Oh, hey guys. How did you sleep?” he asked after kneeling down to pet Chigon and trying to help Azumarill wake up. “Are the others still sleeping?”

“Azu,” the Azumarill replied with a slow nod from its head; though it almost toppled over due to its lethargy. Reggie stood up from the floor and turned to look at the red jacket and matching pants before grabbing the pants.

“All right, I gotta get to class so you guys remember to stay here,” Reggie instructed while he finished dressing. He turned around to make sure that his Pokémon understood, only for a look of shock to take over his face as he saw his Donphan and Fraxure pulling Chigon back by its tail. “Chigon, I’m sorry, but I can’t keep taking you with me, you have to learn to listen,” Reggie replied with a slight chuckle, feeling a little sorry for the dragon Pokémon.

“Anyway, I’ll see you guys later,” he gave them a quick wave before grabbing his books and walking out of the room; allowing his Donphan to close the door behind him.

“I've gotta get him a leash,” Reggie deadpanned as he walked out of the room. He looked at the surroundings of the dorm. No matter how many times he looked at it he could never find the differences between it and an apartment complex. The doors were arranged to provide maximum use of space, regularly occurring across a hallway.

He looked down to the ground floor where there was a small common room set up with a pair of red couches on each side and the elevator booth in the center. This caused it to divide the building in to separate halves. Most people didn’t use the common room either way since it was easier to simply hang out in the Pokémon Center or on the battle field outside.

His thoughts quickly wandered back towards the new teachers. Kevin seemed to be kind of cool, or at least that was the vibe he got from him. He knew that the guys would definitely love Stacy and Taisha; though how the girls would react to them getting a lot of attention was still indefinite. The opposite could be said for Siegfreed who seemed like the kind of teacher one would see in those teenage movies that are always getting girls to chase them.

“Our school is so predictable, it's scary,” Reggie mused.

Stacy smiled to herself as she finished setting up her classroom. She hadn’t slept a wink the night before just thinking about her first day of teaching and how she would fare out. She could at least tell that most of the students were likable and that it'd to depend on her whether they got along or not.

“I think this should be fine,” Stacy pointed out as she walked over to her desk and served herself a cup of fresh brew tea. She raised the cup and smiled. “I love a good cup of tea in the morning,” she giggled before sipping a little from it and lowering the cup.

The classroom had now been set up with various pictures of Pokémon whose body parts and features had been described and pointed out. In the corner, a large fish tank seemed to be empty at the moment. “I have to find something for that tank, but Milotic’s too big,” she wondered while scratching her chin.

She leaned back against her chair, thinking to the night before when she had to introduce herself to the dorm that she had been assigned. While the Blastoise Aqua dorm was pretty good it still felt kind of hard for her to take charge considering that she was new and all. “That guy’s Fin is awfully friendly though. I should watch out just in case,” she narrowed her eyes before taking another sip from her tea.

“You’re an early bird, aren’t you?” Stacy turned around to look at Siegfreed grinning. “Sorry. It’s just that I heard you talking so I wanted to check it out,” he replied before looking at Stacy with a look that wondered if he could walk in.

“Oh. Come in, I don’t mind,” she smiled before motioning for Siegfreed to enter.

“It’s such a beautiful morning, don’t you think. Kind of makes you want to just stare into the sun and the far off sea,” Siegfreed replied with a slight chuckle as he sat down in one of the two chairs that had been set up in front of Stacy’s desk. “So, are you nervous about teaching Biology?”

“Not at all, I’m used to it by now. I was teaching Biology in the last school I was in as well,” Stacy answered with a quick nod from her head before offering Siegfreed a cup of tea, though his gracefully declined before deciding to speak again.

“Where did you study before, Miss Lewis?” Siegfreed asked curiously, causing Stacy to snicker softly.

“Call me Stacy. As for where I studied, well, it wasn’t as big as this place but it was still pretty big, I was actually a teacher a Canalave City University,” she explained before putting the empty cup down and sighing. “It was good and I had a lot of fun there.”

“What happened then?” Siegfreed asked; noticing that Stacy’s smile seemed to have gone a little serious. “I don’t want to be rude,” he said hastily.

“No, it’s okay. Something happened that’s all,” Stacy chuckled softly before getting up from her seat. “Maybe you should go to your classroom; according to the clock, classes should start soon.”

“Again, you are right, my dear Stacy,” Siegfreed grinned as he got up from the desk and bowed. “I hope you have a nice day and good luck.” He then gave her a quick wave and proceeded to walk out of the classroom.

Reggie made his way through the halls of the castle while walking out of the tower that connected the castle with the Charizard Flame dorm. He felt different as he looked at the building. For one, it all felt as if he was a rat running around a labyrinth; he barely knew the way and had to look at the map that they had been handed out multiple times.

He looked out the window, allowing him to get a full view of the surroundings and of all the people that were beginning to make their way inside the castle. “You look out of it today, man.” Reggie’s eyes shifted from looking out the window to searching for the source of the voice.

Standing behind him was a teenager around seventeen years old with long curly black colored hair. He had a pair of amber colored eyes that matched with the Pikachu Thunder uniform he was wearing; which was pretty much like Reggie’s except yellow.

“Jack you scared me for a minute,” Reggie sighed in relief as he looked at his friend turned rival. Jack had been one of the people that teased Reggie the year before but after a few understandings the two managed to form a sort of friendship. “I didn’t see you yesterday. How was your summer?”

“Pretty good,” Jack simply nodded his head and began walking, leaving Reggie behind.

“What class do you have now?” Reggie began chasing after Jack; hoping that he would share the same class and as thus would let him follow. “I’m supposed to go to Biology right now.”

“Guess we’re in the same class,” Jack nodded his head as Reggie grinned in his mind. “And I think it’s right over there.”

“Good morning and welcome ,” Reggie smiled as he saw Stacy greeting the students that made their way into her class with a smile on her face. “Oh. You’re that kid from yesterday. Reggie isn’t it?” she asked curiously once Reggie and Jack stopped to look at her.

“Yeah, nice to see you again, Miss Lewis,” Reggie greeted with a respectful nod from his head before turning to look at Jack who just nodded in the same manner before walking in. “That’s Jack. He’s really quiet.”

“Oh, I wouldn’t worry about it. I’m sure that I can break through him in no time,” she chuckled softly before pointing at Reggie with her finger. “And I told you yesterday, didn’t I? Call me Stacy, Ms. Lewis makes me sound old,” she explained playfully.

Reggie nodded his head as he walked in and found a place to sit down. Stacy sighed before checking the halls one last time, after deciding that no one else was inside she closed the door to the classroom and made her way towards her desk. She could feel nervousness and anxiety fill her as she tried to remember everything that she had planned for the day. “Well, good morning class. My name’s Stacy Lewis, though you can call me Stacy and I’ll be your new Biology teacher starting today. I hope we get along and don’t worry, I’m not one of those grumpy teachers, you do have to pay attention. I might be nice but I’m not someone you can take advantage of,” she said with a quick wink before turning to the black board and grabbing a piece of chalk.

Jack and Reggie looked around the classroom. While people had already taken out their notebooks and pencils the boys in the class seemed to be a little…distracted as they looked at Stacy trying to write on the top of the board. “I guess everyone’s got an eye for her already,” Jack pointed out while taking notes. He looked over at Reggie who had a small blush on his face while looking down at his notebook. “You thought about it too, didn’t ya?”

“Sorry, it’s just…It’s hard not to,” Reggie whined quietly; not wanting everyone to hear what he and Jack were talking about.

“You’ve fallen really low man,” Jack groaned as he put his head on top of the palm of his hand. While he had to admit that Stacy was hot he wasn’t exactly fond of the fact that everyone acted like it was such a big deal; especially considering that she was their teacher after all.

“Well it isn’t easy to ignore,” Reggie replied with a slight groan. His attention was suddenly shifted towards the door though, after hearing it opening and then seeing a figure walk in; something that caused everyone to turn around.

“What?” said the spiky white haired teenager that was standing by the door. He had a pair of black eyes which matched with his long sleeved black jacket and pants. Reggie and Jack just looked at each other before sighing.

Darren Schifer, a member of the Houndoom Dark dorm and the person that could be considered the strongest trainer in the academy. While Darren was famous around the academy it was mostly because of his cold-heartedness and the fact that he always tried to shrug people off. Even though Darren tried to steal Chigon from Reggie countless times during the previous year Reggie had always tried to understand Darren; though the latter wasn't exactly someone who opened up to people.

“And who might you be?” Stacy asked after turning around to look at Darren. “I mean, you’re about five minutes late so you must have a good explanation,” she nodded her head while narrowing her eyes at him.

Darren just looked at Stacy before scanning the class with boredom. “I overslept,” he replied before walking over to one of the desks and sitting down. “Is that a good enough excuse for you?”

“No it’s not. Now, I’m not going to tell you that it was wrong and I’m actually going to trust you but you can at least be a little more respectful,” Stacy scolded as she walked over to the desk Darren was sitting on. “Now what’s your name?”

“Darren Schifer,” Darren replied as he looked at the board. “Personally I’d rather some model turned teacher stopped trying to act tough when she’s scared out of her wits on the inside.” The whole class gasped as he said this while Stacy just gave him a light frown.

“Well, I didn’t want to do this on the first day but I’m gonna have to give you detention. And not normal detention, you’ll be helping me clean the classroom after class, got it?” Stacy looked down at him with a slight glare. She didn’t want to come off as rude or mean but Darren wasn’t even trying to give her a chance.

“Do what you gotta do,” Darren shrugged before taking his notebook and pencil out; seemingly ignoring Stacy. Stacy just groaned in annoyance before walking back to the board.

“He’s a charming as ever,” Jack pointed out sarcastically after seeing the little show that Darren had put up. Reggie just sighed, he probably shouldn’t expect better from Darren but normally he would just shrug it off instead of replying.

“No…he has changed... he doesn’t want to acknowledge it, though,” Reggie shook his head in disagreement while staring at Darren.

Stacy sighed to herself as she cleaned the black board once more. The sun was beginning to set, causing the room to be lit in a clear orange color. “In the end he didn’t show up. I really need to talk to that kid,” she frowned while putting her hands on her temples. After Darren had failed to show up to help her she decided to clean up on her own but she moved slowly because of wanting to leave something for him in case he showed up.

“Looks like he isn’t dedicated enough,” Stacy shook her head as she began stacking the desks together. Even after the argument with Darren the rest of her first day went pretty uneventful and she had managed to make some friendship with a few of her students; something that made her feel a lot better since she thought that they’d be too distant from her due to age difference.

She suddenly turned around as she heard the door open; hope rising in her at thinking that Darren actually followed his word. Once she turned around she noticed it was someone else a male teenager around sixteen years old or so. He had long dirty blond hair that fell to his shoulders along with a pair of hazel colored eyes. He wore a blue colored long sleeved jacket along with a pair of pants to match, meaning that not only was he a Blastoise Aqua student but part of the dorm Stacy was in charge of.

“Oh, what is it? Did something happen at the dorm?” Stacy asked warmly as the student closed the door and walked deeper into the classroom.

“No. I was just passing by the halls since I forgot a notebook and I couldn’t help but notice that you were alone cleaning the classroom,” he replied with a smile before grabbing one of the chairs and beginning to stack them. “So I thought I could help you out.”

“Oh, thanks. Someone else was supposed to help me but he didn’t show up,” Stacy nodded her head gratefully while looking at the boy. She could notice a slight grin on his face though she decided not to pay too much attention to it. “What was your name again?”

“The name’s Chris and as you probably noticed I’m in your dorm as well,” Chris answered while raising his sleeves. “Personally I like you better than our old dorm head, he was really boring and barely even talked to us so having someone as pretty and friendly as you is a big step up,” he explained, making Stacy chuckle a little.

“Thanks. Though I still have a long way to go considering today was just my first day,” Stacy smiled as she finished stacking the desks before turning to look at Chris. “Well I’m done. Thanks for you…” before she could finish her sentence she was thrown against the steel locker that was in the back of the classroom; causing her to hit her head and slide down onto the ground. “What are you…” she groaned as she tried to sit upright on the floor.

“So you’re Stacy Lewis. I didn’t think my brother was lying but I thought you’ll be a little uglier from what he told me since he tends to overreact,” Chris chuckled to himself as he walked over to the knocked down Stacy. “Does the name Lawrence Sail remind you of anything?”

A look of shock and confusion went through Stacy’s face as she looked up at Chris who just chuckled to himself. “Of course you remember.” He walked over to her and proceeded to crouch down in front of her. “He is the reason that you were fired from Canalave university after all…having sex with a student is a really big foul after all.”

“That was a mistake and you have no right to do this,” Stacy began crawling away while trying to stand up only for Chris to grab her by the neck and raise her up instead. Even though she was slightly taller than him he had a lot more strength, clearly evident by the effortless way he dragged her up. “A student shouldn’t be acting like this, it’s just illogical.”

“Well, sadly for you this is an illogical school,” Chris replied with a sadistic grin on his face before throwing Stacy back down. “I guess me and my brother have that dominant and wild side in common, when we see something that we want we just have to get it.” He threw himself down and pinned Stacy to the floor before ripping the navy under shirt that she wore under her blue jacket, causing her pink colored bra to burst out along with her ample chest.

“Stop it!” Stacy yelled before bending her legs and kicking Chris’s stomach as hard as she could; causing him to be thrown onto his back. She decided to take this chance and began running towards her desk where her pokeballs were; she knew that she would be able to defend herself better if she had her Pokémon out.

“Like hell you will!” Chris began following after her as he unhooked a pokeball from his belt. However, before he got a chance to throw it a powerful jet of flames fired through the wall and across the room, causing Chris to step back as the flames divided him from Stacy. “What the fuck?” Chris turned around; only to let out a gasp as he saw Darren leaning against the melted concrete with his Houndoom growling at the blond teenager.

“You shouldn’t treat a lady like that, you know,” Darren pointed out with a cold look on his face as he clicked his fingers; signaling Houndoom to calm down and allow him to walk inside. “Especially since she’s the teacher.”

“Who cares? I can just say she’s the one that came onto me, she did fuck my older brother two years ago any…” before he could finish his sentence he received a punch to the jaw by Darren, causing him to topple over on the floor.

“I don’t think you’re that dense but I’m going to tell you this anyway,” Darren frowned as he stretched his knuckles. “Even if you do manage to get away with your original plan I am now a witness and trust me, two against one ain’t gonna work.”

“Like the principal is going to believe some guys that spent half of last year out of class,” Chris wiped some blood off his mouth after he got up before snickering at Darren. “I don’t think so.”

“Oh I know the principal. He’ll believe me, that I can assure you,” Daren walked over to Chris. He was ready this time though and before he could do anything Darren had already received a kick to his gut. Unfortunately for Chris he hadn’t planned things well; and as thus he couldn’t help but gasp as Darren pulled on his leg and threw him against the steel locker that Stacy had been thrown against not long ago. “Don’t try to beat me, this isn’t the type of thing you can beat me at.”

“Shut up!” Chris yelled as he got up and charged towards Darren; only for him to be thrown against the window after Darren grabbed his arm.

“You’re just a cannon fodder compared to all the people I’ve fought over the years. So get your head out of your ass and look at the difference,” Darren began walking over to Chris while raising his right fist; prepared to give him the final blow.

“Wait. Stop it!” he turned around to look at Stacy, who was holding her pokeball in front of her face, she was prepared to use it in case the fight got too rowdy. “If you keep hurting him then you’ll be the one that’ll get in trouble,” she pointed out as she looked at a now unconscious Chris. “He’s not even awake anymore.”

Darren sighed in annoyance before turning around and walking over to Stacy. She stepped back for a moment, especially when Darren put his hand on the back of her head. “What are you doing?” Stacy asked with a slight blush on her face as Darren stepped back.

She gasped at the sight of Darren’s right palm; which was now completely red after he retrieved it from the back of her head. “That must’ve been cause of the hit against the locker,” Stacy pointed out as she felt the warm red blood running down her blue hair.

“Yeah. Do you have any med kits here?” Darren asked as he turned to look at Stacy’s desk and began searching for something he could use to fix her wound.

“Second drawer to the left,” Stacy answered before sitting down on the floor and making pressure with her right hand.

After a few minutes Darren had been able to wash most of the blood up and stitch the wound before he started bandaging Stacy’s forehead. “That should do it,” Darren muttered as he cut the bandage and finished putting it on Stacy’s forehead.

“Thanks,” Stacy replied while feeling the bandages around her forehead and sighing with relief. Things would’ve turned bad if Darren hadn’t healed her wound, they would’ve been even worse if he hadn’t even gone to save her. “You’re really good with first aid.”

“I’ve been travelling and living on my own for seven years. You can say that it comes with that,” Darren replied bluntly while packaging the med kit once more.

“I just have one question. Why did you come?” Stacy asked with a raised eyebrow. “I waited on you for like an hour before I started cleaning on my own.”

“Well…I can’t miss my afternoon training, so when class let up I decided that I’ll be back to help you in an hour,” Darren explained; now putting the med kit back in the drawer and closing it. “I lost track of time though,” he sighed before getting up and dusting himself up. Stacy just smiled, her eyes shifted to the floor. Even if he was planning on being late anyway he was still going to go help her after she asked him to. “So what was all that. I mean that guys was pretty….straightforward.”

“It was a mistake I did back in Canalave University,” Stacy sighed as she got up from the floor and dusted herself up. “I was 26 back then and I had just retired from modeling…” at this Darren snickered; apparently not surprised that his guess was right. “Oh, can it,” Stacy frowned. “Anyway. I was still a new teacher and I just wanted for my students to like me, especially since the age difference wasn’t that huge.”

“While everyone got along with me and treated me like part of their group I started to…lose it in a way. One night I went out to party with one of my students and I ended up getting drunk and well….” She stopped for a moment, though Darren just signaled her to stop since he could figure out what happened next on his own.

“After we had sex he started blabbering to his friends and the staff eventually caught on and I got fired the next day,” Stacy chuckled to herself while scratching her chin. “I wanted to start over but now things just seem to have gone sour since my history caught on with me.”

“Don’t worry about it. Just tell the principal what really happened and he’ll be expelled, there are cameras in each classroom anyway,” Darren shrugged as he made his way towards the door. “Also…don’t let your past judge you.” Stacy raised her head so that she could look at his back. “If you really want to change then you have to leave your past behind, that’s something I had to learn the hard way,” Darren looked down at the floor for a second.

Maybe they did have something in common. Stacy thought that Darren was just the usual bad boy that wouldn’t listen to anyone, but for him to actually have a past that he wanted to forget just like she did was something that changed things completely. “See you tomorrow,” he waved at her one last time before walking out of the classroom and leaving Stacy to herself.

The next morning Stacy was still wearing the bandages from the night before, something that worked well as proof for the principal. Luckily enough Brendan decided that Stacy had the truth on her side and began to file for Chris to get expelled, and while Stacy had to give her students a fake story to justify for her wound she was at least able to start off with the right foot once and for all.

“She seems happier today doesn’t she,” Reggie pointed out as he looked at Stacy writing on the board. “Wonder what happened.”

“I don’t know, but I guess it was something good,” Jack nodded his head before catching a glimpse of Darren who was now writing down notes like never before. “He seems to have changed, too.”

Reggie just grinned as he looked at both Stacy and Darren. “Who knows. Maybe this year will be different from others,” he laughed softly as he looked out the window at the blazing sun.

End of Chapter 1
Next Time: Reggie and Matthew, the Under Achievers Unite!

Last edited:
I liked this chapter but I feel a bit bad for Stacy due her past. But it was really great from Darren to help her out like that, he seems to be improving as well. I'm aware he spent a lot of time hunting Reggie's Chigon in the previous series but I hope he's can redeem himself in this follow-up. Nothing much happened, there's no plot yet (or maybe it's hinted somewhere in the chapter? xD) so I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Anyway, keep it up!

Some good character development here. I'm assuming that most of the chapters are going to be episodic like this? With their own little mini-plots in each? A lot of people try to do stuff like that, but this is the best I've seen. so far, at least. Some more grammar mistakes, but I enjoyed it. Keep up the good work!

Here's chapter 2 as well as the start of the first mini-arc focusing on Reggie. I hope you enjoy it.

@AetherX ; @Thundagere ; @Rob Anybody ; @Jinoga ; @Instrutilus ; @Lugion ; @BlueNostalgia ; @Gastly's Mama ; @Tsutarja

Chapter 2: Reggie and Matthew, Under Achievers Unite!

While Elemental Academy was a Pokémon Academy, it still had plenty of spots for students to hang out with their friends. One such place was The Pizza Element, a pizza restaurant located near the right corner of the academy’s castle. Like one would expect, this spot was very famous for students to eat and hang out... though there were also some students that did something completely different.

“Hey waiter, serve me another soda!” Fin yelled, grabbing his empty cup of soda and waving it above his head.

“Fuck you.” Fin chuckled slightly at the look of Reggie’s expression after he walked over to the table. He was wearing a short sleeved white shirt with a heat that had a pizza symbol on it along with a pair of black jeans. “You know, you guys aren’t the only customers I’m tending to,” he frowned.

“Oh, come on, Reggie, let us enjoy this,” Miko laughed as she took a bite from her pizza along with Marie. “You look really funny like that, especially considering that you’re not coordinated.” Reggie just blushed at this, feeling irritated at the teasing.

“Oh, lighten up cuz…and say cheese!” Valerie exclaimed as she took a picture of Reggie; causing him to cover his face so as to avoid the light.

“Anyway, I thought you already paid off your scholarship last year,” Fin pointed out as he grabbed the remaining slice of pizza and took a large bite out of it. “Why are you still working?”

“I paid my scholarship for last year, I have to pay it off each year though,” Reggie replied with a sigh of exasperation. “It’s really tiring, to have to work all afternoon like this.”

“I don’t know. You kind of look cool working Reggie,” Marie giggled; causing Reggie to blush slight and ruffle the back of his head. “Beside,s we get free pizza so that’s an upside.”

“You guys just come here for the free pizzas, don’t you?” Reggie deadpanned, causing his friends to look at each other before nodding their heads in agreement.

“Well, that, and to see how you fare out,” Fin gave him a sly grin before raising his right thumb.

“Well I won’t fare well if you guys keep taking all my time,” Reggie pointed out.

“Just a quick question. How come Chigon’s actually listened to you recently and hasn’t thrown a tantrum or found a way to sneak out of your room and find you?” Valerie asked with a raised eyebrow; mostly because Chigon couldn’t afford spend two hours away from Reggie.

“I keep taking the pizzas and ingredients that aren’t used at the end of the day for him and the others to eat,” Reggie nodded his head before grabbing Fin’s soda; deciding that he might as well refill it. “It gets the job done.”

The group’s attention was suddenly turned as they heard a large crash coming from the other side of the restaurant; issuing Reggie to walk over, with his friends following close behind. Reggie just looked down at the soda on the floor as well as the lightly blond waiter that was kneeling down on the floor trying desperately to clean it up. “I’m so sorry. I just tripped. I’m really sorry!” the teenager apologized as he looked up at the table he was taking care of.

“Not again…” Reggie groaned as he looked at the teenager while he rinsed the towel off on a bucket that he had pulled along.

“Who’s that?” Marie asked with a confused look on her face; something that matched most of the people that were looking at the scene.

“That’s Matthew, he’s working here as well, unlike me though he’s doing it to earn a little money of his own,” Reggie replied with sigh as he looked at the group of students that had been on the table Matthew was serving. One of them stood up tall, his tanned and muscular face matching the smug grin on his face.

He had spiky brown hair that was combed towards the back of his head; allowing people to see his large forehead which emphasized the bones under his skin. He was wearing a black uniform with the sleeves torn off, coupled with a sleeveless hoodie under the jacket and a pair of black jeans.

“What the hell, man? You’re lucky that didn’t splash on me!” he gritted his teeth at Matthew before splashing what remained on the floor against his face, the only reason he hadn’t been able to actually stomp on Matthew’s hand was because he didn’t aim right. “You shouldn’t even be working here if you’re so slow and clumsy.”

“I’m so sorry…it’s just I…” Matthew didn’t reply and instead went back to cleaning the remaining soda after which he proceeded to get up.

“Oh, now I remember him. He’s a first year at my dorm though I heard he was pretty much a loner,” Marie pointed out from where she stood, causing everyone to look at her. For Matthew to be in the Roserade Leaf dorm was a bit of a mismatch, considering their reputation for handling themselves well.

“Hey, are you listening to me dumbass?!?” Their attention was brought back towards the Houndoom Dark student who had now raised Matthew by the neck of his shirt and had him against the wall.

“You guys call the manager,” Reggie turned to his friends before taking off his hat and walking over.

Fin looked at Reggie then at the Houndoom Dark Student. If Reggie was trying to act like a hero then he knew that it would just come bite him in the ass if he didn’t bail him out. He looked down at the slice of pizza in his hand then at Reggie. “Pizza or friend. Really tough cal…” before he could finish his sentence he was delivered various glares from Miko, Marie and Valerie all willing to spell it out for him. “Okay, okay, I’ll go,” Fin groaned as he threw the slice aside and followed Reggie.

“Hey stop that!” Reggie commanded, motioning for the Houndoom Dark student to turn around and raise an eyebrow at Reggie who had now become an annoyance in his eyes. “This isn’t the place nor the time, besides, it isn’t his fault that he tripped.”

“Who the hell are you, thinking you can give me orders?” the teenager let go of Matthew before fully turning around; making Reggie take a step back. “You’re just another wimpy waiter just like him.”

“I can still stop you though.” Inwardly, Reggie groaned to himself. He knew that he couldn’t really follow his word; he was really out of practice after spending three months without sparring with anyone.

“Really?” he smirked. “You and what army?” Reggie raised his head at that question and quickly looked behind. He sighed a sigh of relief as he saw Fin standing right behind him and padding his right shoulder.

“I’m not an army but I think I’m good enough for you,” Fin replied with a sly smile on his face, something that caused the Houndoom Dark student to step away in fear.

Reggie looked at Fin for a moment before regaining his confidence. He then looked at Matthew before glaring at the teenager. “What’s your name?”

“I should ask you that. But I guess it doesn’t matter. People call me Sax,” Sax pointed at himself with pride and confidence.

“Well Sax,” Reggie pointed out the last part with a more mocking tone, making Sax frown in return. “We’re in a Pokémon Academy so let’s do things how they’re supposed to. Instead of fighting like apes how about we settle this with a Pokémon battle.”

“Well I’ll be happy t…”

“Not now,” Reggie groaned. “Neither of us have any Pokémon on us including Matthew.”

“And why the hell would that guy need any Pokémon to begin with?” Sax snickered in response. “After all, you’re the one that’s picking the fight,” he chuckled to himself confident that he could win whether it was Reggie or Matthew that he had to battle.

“Because I challenge you to a Double Battle, me and Matthew against you and whoever you want your partner to be,” Reggie nodded his head proudly before walking next to Matthew and getting him to look up from the floor. “How about tomorrow after class? And just so that you can keep the audience you so want we’ll do it at the stadium so that everyone can see us kick your ass.”

Reggie looked towards Matthew; realizing that his coworker seemed to still be unsure about the idea. “Hey I’m nervous too. But this is for your own good,” Reggie smiled Matthew raised his head to look at him; a little shock on his face.

“Yeah, I guess,” Matthew muttered with a slow nod of his head.

Sax just grinned with confidence before turning around and pocketing his hands. “All right then. Tomorrow afternoon after class, you guys better make prepare yourself,” she snickered slightly before walking off, pushing some people aside so that he could make his way through.

After they were sure that Sax had left Miko and Fin turned to look at Reggie and grinned. “So how did it feel to take a stand for someone else?” they both asked before chuckling softly.

“I almost lost it” Reggie sighed making Matthew look at him with an amazed look, mostly because he thought Reggie actually was as confident as what he had let on. “I don’t know how you do it,” Reggie whined while ruffling the back of his head before looking at Matthew. “But don’t worry, I’m sure we can win. I mean, we just need some training before the battle,” he laughed innocently as he tried to make Matthew feel better.

“Are you crazy!?” Matthew yelled with a scared look on his face, causing Reggie to cover his ears for a moment. “You didn’t have to do that, I was the one that tripped, there was no reason for a challenge! Now what the hell will I do?”

“Hey,” Reggie frowned before putting his hand on Matthew’s shoulder. “Even so they shouldn’t have treated you like that and if we talked to the boss about it they would just get you once school lets out tomorrow. This way we’ll show them that they shouldn’t treat you so badly,” Reggie grinned slightly as he looked at Matthew; not able to help himself in pointing out the similarities between the two. “I know how you feel Matthew which is why I want to help you anyway I can.”

“Don’t you think you overreacted though?” Matthew narrowed his eyes at Reggie. Reggie just sighed, he had to admit that he acted without thinking, but he still couldn’t stand to see how Matthew got abused by Sax.

“Hey, don’t worry about it man,” Reggie raised his head after noticing that Fin had gotten in between him and Matthew. “The battle is tomorrow so there’s plenty of time to practice for the match,” he laughed confidently before grinning at the two of them. “And I’ll train you myself.”

“Excuse me Fin, but don’t you have a project to finish?” Valerie pointed out from where she stood, causing Fin to look over at her. “Remember that project for strategies that Siegfreed gave us? It’s due in two days and we’re only halfway done.” Reggie and Matthew both looked up at Fin whose confidence had decreased exponentially by now.

“Oh right….sorry Reg,” Fin chuckled innocently before patting Reggie’s shoulder.

“Well that sucks,” Reggie scratched the back of his head in frustration. Doubt began to course through his mind at that moment, if he wasn’t able to train Matthew then they had no chance; especially considering that Reggie didn’t have a lot of skill on his own.

“Actually there might be a chance,” Miko pointed out with a smile on her face. “Our dorm head Kevin, he’s the battle teacher remember and I heard he’s really good.” Reggie scratched his chin, he hadn’t exactly talked to Kevin outside of class and he didn’t know the guy well aside from that feeling of seeing him somewhere before that he always got. “You should give it a try.”

“Yeah I guess you’re right,” Reggie replied with a nod before walking over to Miko. “Me and Matthew are going to finish for the day and then we’ll go talk to Kevin,” he said before turning to Matthew once more. “Does that work for you?”

“Sure,” Matthew nodded in agreement before walking off.

Reggie and Matthew made their way towards the back of the Charizard Flame dorm where a two floored red house stood facing the entrance to the forest. “That’s the head’s cabin. I still don’t know why they put it so far away though,” Reggie pointed out before looking back at Matthew, who had gotten farther and farther from them as they walked. “What is it?”

“I’m still not sure about this,” Matthew replied nervously; though he wasn’t able to look at Reggie’s eyes. “I mean, are you sure that we can’t just go back on it? If we lose it’s going to end up pretty bad,” he pointed out; finally raising his head.

Reggie and Matthew kept exchanging glances for what seemed like hours; both of them trying to see if what they were doing was right. While Reggie had gotten better from the point he was in last year he was still not a good enough trainer without luck on his side. Now he had to defend Matthew’s pride as well as his own.

Suddenly the memories of him walking around in the rain after being defeated in a battle came into his mind He couldn't let Matthew become a mirror version of himself all those years ago.

Reggie walked over to the door of the cabin before ringing the doorbell, only for a loud screech noise to come out from the siren on the roof; startling them both. "What the hell was that?" asked Matthew.

“Sorry, I’m still trying to set up the cabin. Guess I mixed up the bell with the siren.” Reggie turned to the door, seeing Kevin Blaze walk out of the cabin and smiled at him, his long red haired waving a little as he walked out. “Sorry about that. Did you guys come to talk to me?”

“Mr. Blaze, my name is Reggie Damon. Me and my friend Matthew came here for training,” Reggie explained as he got up and bowed his head down so as to show respect to his headmaster. “If it wouldn’t be too much, do you think you could help us? We have a battle ahead of us and we need all the preparations necessary.”

“We would be grateful if you’d accept us,” Matthew requested; bowing his head as well. The two stood in that position for a while before raising their head, noticing the grin that had crossed Kevin’s face.

“You guys don’t have to bow like that you’re only embarrassing yourselves,” Kevin chuckled to himself before patting both Reggie’s and Matthew’s shoulder. “If you want me to help you out then just ask since Reggie is part of my dorm, and it seems like you two will be fighting together. I’ll be glad to help you out too,” he said, the last part being solely directed towards Matthew.

Matthew blushed slightly as he looked at Kevin before nodding his head. “Thanks, sir,” he said as he looked away; causing Reggie to raise an eyebrow but shrug afterwards.

“Anyhow, when’s your battle?” Kevin asked before leading the two inside of the cabin. Reggie didn’t respond, taking in his surroundings. The cabin was bigger than one might expect from the outside and even though it had only been a few weeks since classes started it was fully decorated.

There was a lounge sofa with a large flat screen TV looming over a small desk. In the corner of the living room one could see a small path that led towards the kitchen. “I’m still not done here. I’m planning on putting a library on the other side to keep my books and stuff,” Kevin explained before leading them to the living room. “So when’s this battle?”

Matthew and Reggie turned to look at each other before both their faces became hesitant to tell him that they only had a day to prepare. “Tomorrow afternoon,” they both replied with apologetic looks in their faces.

Kevin’s grinned disappeared almost completely before he started scratching the back of his head in thought. “That is indeed hard, we probably won’t get you ready in only a day,” he scratched his chin before smiling. “Unless we ask someone else, that is.”

“Someone else?” Reggie and Matthew both looked at each other before they turned back to Kevin.

About an hour later the two were sitting on a large sofa inside of the Houndoom Dark headmaster’s cabin. “I know Siegfreed’s our strategy teacher but I didn’t think he’ll be willing to help,” Reggie pointed out as he turned towards Matthew.

“I’m sorry for taking so long, but I wasn’t expecting guests,” came Siegfreed’s voice after he exited the kitchen carrying a tray with four cups of tea on top of it; Kevin walking right behind him. “So, Kevin tells me that you guys need some training?” he asked as he lowered the tray down allowing both Reggie and Matthew to grab a cup.

“Yes. Unfortunately we only have a day to train so we won’t mind if you say no,” Reggie said with an insecure tone in his voice; something that disappeared after he heard Siegfreed chuckle softly.

“You said your name was Reggie Damon. You’re a friend of Darren’s aren’t you?” he asked before taking a quick sip from his cup of tea. “I could never say no to a friend of one of the students I’m in charge of... or any student for that matter,” he spoke with an air of soothing calm and sophistication as he lowered his cup softly. “A teacher’s job is to help their students in anyway they can, isn’t it?”

“Really, you’d help?” Matthew smiled cheerfully before turning to Reggie; who was displaying a similar smile.

“Then in that case we’re indebted to the both of you. Please train us well,” Reggie bowed his head slightly.

“Oh we will,” Siegfreed and Kevin both grinned to each other; something that made Reggie and Matthew wonder what they had up their sleeve.

To be Continued…

End of Chapter 2
Next Time: What Makes a Tag Team

Last edited:
Hmm,
So, first up, I'd say that things are moving in an interesting direction. Reggie was clearly strong at the end of last book/fic/year, but it seems now he's doing worse.
I also have to wonder, why'd you make them sound so formal? It seems....kind of off. It doesn't flow as well as it could have, I think mild respect would have been a bit more effective.
At any rate, I'm interested in how things are going. Obviously the battles going to be exciting, lol, but I'm curious as to how Matthew's going to fit into the future. This was certainly a good chapter, but ease up on formality. Other than that, good job!

That's mostly because Reggie himself is too formal when it comes to teachers especially ones that he doesn't know well like Kevin who just got in that year. And Matthew is pretty much the same.

Also one of Reggie's weakness is that he isn't strong it's because of Chigon whose level of strength can increase in the heat of battle but without it Reggie is only a little bit stronger than the average student.

Also Matthew is basically a character for this arc sort of a character for Reggie to draw inspiration and help but if people receive him well then I might add him into the story.

Right, let's see here.

For the First Chapter, I found it a bit hard to believe about Stacy being allowed to teach again after sleeping with a student, but I presume that Brendan's met her and trusts her not to do it again. I'm also amused by the attempted rape resulting in the attempter getting brutally beat down =P I despise rapists (he's lucky A.D went home, otherwise he'd have a very angry Venusaur holding up and a Pikachu preparing for an attack :L).

Now in the second chapter, I'm liking Reggie's development: where he'd keep to himself before, he's automatically gone for help and is actively trying to prevent another character ending up depressed with themselves. I look forward to the next chapter and the subsequent battle.

You've got a good way of developing your characters here, I'm looking forward to the first organized battle. It'll be interesting to see how Reggie is now that he's out of practice. I wonder if he'll be using Chigon, who is after all his one ace. A couple more grammar errors in this one, but nothing too bad. Keep it up!

Sorry, forgot to post a review for the first one. I read it like twice and just slowly forgot to write a review.

So the first chapter, very interesting. Liked the storyline there...no surprise there.

Second chapter, I found it a lot more dull to be honest. I think it would have been better putting the battle and the chapter together. I'm not really interested in battles so sue me xD I just think you could have condensed a lot of pointless information. Like, I don't mind long pieces of text where not a lot happens, but when it's appealing I liek that. Your's just wasn't quite there.

Thundagere also stated your formality and characterizations. I agree with him. Few grammar mistakes again, but lets not dwell on all that as it's things you'll hopefully learn and pick up after writing so many fics.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom