• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Pokemon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody

The title of the chapter fits quite well, Reggie sure hits the bottom hard this time around. Though I must admit I didn't expect his Pokémon to disobey him, or to completely ignore Chigon. And last but by no means least, seeing Miko kissing Kevin/Incendio. Nothing really works for him at moment. Hope things go better now, at least it can't get much worse (I hope).

The title of the chapter fits quite well, Reggie sure hits the bottom hard this time around. Though I must admit I didn't expect his Pokémon to disobey him, or to completely ignore Chigon. And last but by no means least, seeing Miko kissing Kevin/Incendio. Nothing really works for him at moment. Hope things go better now, at least it can't get much worse (I hope).

Actually this Kevin is Kevin Samuels Incendio is called Kevin Blaze.

Ah, sorry about switching who they are. Goes to show it can be a bit confusing having two characters with the same name.

You know, if I was Reggie I would just give up at this point. He's been so totally screwed over I see no reason for him to go on worrying about everything. Now he's allowed to become a hardened badass, and/or a recluse like Darren. The battle in this chapter was okay, but excitement wasn't the point. Good job overall, I'm really liking where this story is going.

Btw, I'd just stick with calling him Incendio to avoid confusion. Or Kevin S can just be referred to by his last name or just Kev. Just throwing some ideas out there.

Damn Reggie, sucks to be you...

In all seriousness though, I'm really pleased with how the story is coming along. I feel like you have a good sense of where the story is going to working towards it. Not only that, but I'm really beginning to enjoy Reggie's character development; even though it's full of pain, agony and self-pity, in the end, when or if he becomes a hardened warrior, it'll be because he went through a whole lotta shit before he got there. That's a job well done.

Though I did notice a small mistake you made while writing. In a part, you wrote "depth" instead of "Deaf". Though we can probably blaim MS Word spellcheck for that, can't we? I do hope you liked my little "present" as small (and late) as it is. Anyways, have a good one.

Damn Reggie, sucks to be you...

In all seriousness though, I'm really pleased with how the story is coming along. I feel like you have a good sense of where the story is going to working towards it. Not only that, but I'm really beginning to enjoy Reggie's character development; even though it's full of pain, agony and self-pity, in the end, when or if he becomes a hardened warrior, it'll be because he went through a whole lotta shit before he got there. That's a job well done.

Though I did notice a small mistake you made while writing. In a part, you wrote "depth" instead of "Deaf". Though we can probably blaim MS Word spellcheck for that, can't we? I do hope you liked my little "present" as small (and late) as it is. Anyways, have a good one.

You people are so mean xD everyone's happy that Reggie's getting thrown deeper and deeper into the ground, though I do admit I'm having fun with it as well.

There isn't anything I can say that others haven't said already. I'm looking forward to seeing how Reggie gets out of this mess!

Good chapter! :)

Finally caught up!

I gotta admit, Reggie being tossed deeper and deeper into the poohole seems to be helping in getting him to reveal everything he hasn't revealed as of late. It also sucks when the ones who are supposed to have the closest bond with you decide your decisions suck. At least we know one thing, only through trial will he find the strength he needs, and with this much trial going on, he is likely to finally win a battle on his own......maybe.

Keep up the good work, and hopefully I don't let myself fall a couple chapters behind again XD

What can I say? Except I'm happy Reggie's hitting rock bottom, since I didn't find him too interesting outside of the typical "Moe Shounen" archetype. So, I'm glad he's going lower and lower since it will lead somewhere. :p I'm glad Monferno and Azumarill seemed to have gotten disrespectful to it.

@AetherX; @Instrutilus ; @Chaosj2; @Cosmos ; @BlueNostalgia ; @Lugion ; @Thabet; @Tsutarja; @Octy; @Gotpika;@Tophat Dragoneye; @Lady Lucifer ; @System Error;

And here's chapter 21 a new story arc starts from this chapter the Confession Arc, so enjoy.

Chapter 21: Gallant Reggie

The cold winter breeze brushed against his face, softly blowing through the sea and buildings that were starting to appear. Reggie stared down at the sea below him, he knew that even in a cruise ship he would still get seasick, but it was the only thing that could entertain him.

He raised his head to stare at the cloudy sky, a somber expression on his face as the wind blew his hair around. “Chi!” he turned around when he heard Chigon scream; only to see the small Pokemon rubbing its head after it had collided with a wall by accident. “Are you okay?”

“Chi!” Chigon cheered; though he didn’t get a lot of attention from his trainer after he had confirmed its wellbeing.

Reggie stared on at the city of Celadon, its beautiful mix between nature and suburban life; this was the city he had lived in back in his younger days. “You know Chigon, I’ve been wondering. Should we really go back?”

“Chi?”Chigon raised an eyebrow as it stared at Reggie, his eyes showing an air of shock.

“Miko’s already been dating Kevin for two weeks. The newspaper club hasn’t had much luck with news and the Enforcers have pretty much taken care of all the problems.” His eyes fell down on the wavering waters, his gaze never leaving the waves that rocked the ship over and over.

“It’s not like we’ll be missed. I mean, the only thing we have done for the others is cause trouble after all, and they’re all making their own paths in life.” Chigon whined sadly, its head now resting on the ship’s floor. “We’re not needed there anymore, and what use can I be, now that two of my Pokemon even refuse to listen to me.”

He didn’t know what to do anymore. Losing the girl he loved and now he was even losing the team of friends that he had made, a part of him felt sad for having to make that choice. However, there was another part of him that told him that it was the right thing to do. He had only been invited to the academy out of pity, not skill; he didn’t belong there no matter which way he looked at it.

Reggie’s eyes rested upon his house, it still hadn’t changed a bit from the last time he had seen it, a simple white colored two floored house. While not varied or exciting like other people’s houses it was always enough to satisfy him. “We’re finally back huh; I wonder how Carey will react.” Reggie beamed, the thought of his little sister and what she would do once she saw him actually managed to put a small smile on his face.

As he made his way through the front yard of the how and towards the front door he noticed something else. There was a motor cycle parked in the driveway, it was completely red and it looked like it had just been polished as it was glowing with the light of the sun. “There’s a guest?”

Reggie and Chigon paid no mind and opened the door. “I’m ho…”

“DODGE!” Reggie’s eyes opened wide as he jumped out of the way with chigon, causing him to realize the large fire ball that was now flying past them and out of the house. “Damn Chimney is still not good at holding back.” Reggie looked upwards, that voice, his own voice, but with a more cheerful and outgoing tone.

“Johann,” Reggie said, a small grin passing along his face as he turned to look at the young man standing in the hallway. He had spiky black colored hair, while it looked messy at first one could clearly noticed that it had actually been combed, as the place that the hairs pointed were aligned and seemed to have perfect symmetry. He had violet colored eyes that showed a gleam of excitement.

But the thing that attracted Reggie’s attention was his face. His nose, his facial features and ears, they were all similar to Reggie’s even the voice, which only differed from his in that it sounded more outgoing and fresh. “Long time no see Rei,”Johann said before giving Reggie a toothy grin.

“You’re here, when did you get here?” Reggie asked, his face looking surprised. “Wait, is Valerie here?”

“Sis got here this morning,” Johann said as he walked towards Reggie. Once he got closer Reggie was able to see the black figure hugging shirt that he was waiting, showing another thing that the two of them were different in. Johann had a stronger built than Reggie, one that came from multiple years of traveling and training himself. “She went out with Carey a few minutes ago and your parents aren’t back from work yet.”

“Wait…Valerie came here?” Reggie raised an eyebrow. He remembered that Valerie had left the academy a day earlier cause of a fever, but he didn’t think that she would go to Celadon. “Wasn’t she sick?”

“She faked it,” Johan grinned. “We wanted to come here and visit you since the two of us haven’t met in two years.” The two cousins stared at each other for a moment. Reggie smiled, no matter how many hardships he went through he would always throw them aside whenever he was around Johann, the boy was so confident in himself that it caused Reggie to believe in himself as well.

“Plus I really wanted to see my cuz; we have a lot of things to catch on.” Johann patted Reggie’s shoulder softly, causing the teenager to blush. “That blush better be of embarrassment or I’m gonna worry about you,” Johann deadpanned.

“Yes it’s embarrassment,” Reggie nodded his head, only to see Johann laughed before turning around and heading for the kitchen.

“Come on, I want something to drink, then we can go catch up to the girls.” Johann waved his hand so as to tell Reggie to follow him and kept walking.

Once Reggie walked into the living room he was instantly drowned in nostalgia. His eyes fell on every item of the familiar room, the couches and sofas where he used to spend his Saturdays, the small wooden table in the center of the room as well as the TV.

He felt relieved, a smile showing on his face as he let his worries aside. “So that’s Chigon, it looks less menacing than I thought.” Reggie came back to reality as he heard Johann’s voice, only to turn and see him carrying a…strangely bothered Chigon. “Does he not like me?”

“I guess he’s just surprised, Chigon can feel a person’s presence but because you look like me he must be confused cause he feels a different presence and is seeing a similar face.” Reggie explained; he was actually pretty shocked since he himself hadn’t thought that something of the sort could happen.

“That’s probably it,” Johann nodded his head. He moved aside and stood on the wall, letting a Medicham walk out of the kitchen. The Medicham turned to Reggie immediately as a large smile crossed her face.

“Medi!”Reggie beamed as he saw the Medicham run at him and embrace him instantly, though she was barely able to reach past his waist. “I missed you too.” Reggie laughed; not a lot of people had Pokemon as caretakers anymore, but Medi had always been there to take care of him and Alex back when the two were young.

“How sweet,” Johann teased.

“Shut up,” Reggie frowned in embarrassment and followed after Johann. He didn’t get a chance to stare and reminisce about his kitchen though; as Johann lightly threw a soda can at him as soon as he walked in, getting Reggie to jump around to catch the can.

“Well you’ve got some reflexes,” Johan grinned.

“Yeah.” Reggie stared at Johann once more, his eyes never leaving the teenager as he drank the soda. “I heard you’re attending Pendulum Academy, you seem to be doing pretty well.”

“Meh, the usual,” Johann shrugged. “A couple of pranks over here, a couple of battles over there, pretty boring actually.” He shook his head and proceeded to gulp more of the soda down. “Now you.” He turned towards Reggie, a small grin crossing his eyes. “Valerie has told me about your recent endeavors, how you saved your academy with Chigon’s help…up top!” Johann chuckled sheepishly and raised his hand in the air for Reggie.

“It was nothing.” Reggie looked down at the floor, completely ignoring Johann’s high five. Being reminded of the things he had done last year had caused the memories of the last few months to resurface as well, he knew that he couldn’t show such a weak side to Johann and as so turned away. “It was Chigon who did all that, I was just along for the ride.”

Johann shook his head in disapproval before putting the can on the counter. His eyes stared into Reggie’s almost as if he was pulling something out of them or looking through them. “It doesn’t matter how strong the Pokemon is or rare, in the end it’s the whole team that gets the victory, the trainer counts too.”

“I guess.” Reggie looked down at the floor once more, realizing that Chigon was speaking with Medicham at the moment. “So where are Carey and Valerie anyways?”

“There’s this Contest taking place in the Contest Hall today,” Johann said attentively as he put the can down onto the counter once more. “We should catch up actually,” he smiled.

Reggie marveled at the sight of the large dome like building that stood in front of him. Down in the center of Celadon was Celadon City’s Contest Hall, known for being one of the most famous contest halls in Kanto as well as one of the biggest. His mind wandered as he compared it to the Academy’s main battle field; though of course the battlefield had nothing on a stadium like that.

“There sure are a lot of people,” Johann groaned in annoyance as he and Reggie made their way through the crowd and into the building. “Contests have gotten just as popular as battles lately, Musicals too.” Johann nodded his head before frowning. “What happened to those days in which battling were the only thing, now it’s all kinds of weird things.”

“Well people need variety I guess.” Reggie looked around the inside of the building his eyes turning towards the hallway that led into the contest stage, he could hear the sound of thunderous cheering coming from the other side. “We should go and find them though.”

“Yeah that’s true,” Johann nodded his head and began walking behind Reggie. “I’m sure they’re probably having some girl fun or something.”

“Girl fun?” Reggie raised an eyebrow in confusion.

“I know I didn’t pick my words right,” Johan chuckled, his eyes turning towards the right as he saw three girls walk past them. “You know, we should go talk to them instead.”

“Um…no,” Reggie shook his head with uneasiness. “Maybe you’ll be okay but it’s not like they’ll even see me.” His eyes fell down onto the stage, the memories of Miko kissing Kevin coming back to him as he stared at the stage.

“Oh yeah, Valerie told me you were taking anti depressants or something,” Johann trailed off; his eyes staring at the stage as well. “She said you fainted.”

“They’re not anti depressants.” Reggie frowned with disdain. “The pills help regulate my blood flow and heal my blood cells, I fainted because my body still hadn’t recovered from all the regeneration surgery I went through last year.” He explained.

“Oh right, they use the same basis as healing machines right.” Johann smiled and patted his back. “It can heal wounds depending on the range, but because it deals with radiation and you’re still human you can’t have too much of it or you’ll suffer side effects.” The two went quiet after that, neither of them knowing how to continue their conversation.

The sound of the contest hall drowned out everything else; even Reggie’s thoughts. His eyes shifted toward Johann once more, who was now grinning widely. “What is it?”

“Nothing, I was just remembering something.” He said while holding back a laugh. “Remember back when we were eight and Alex was ten. When he first got his Nidorino.”

“Oh yeah.” Reggie smiled, the memory causing him to feel better as he thought back to the events of his past. “We were so jealous that Alex had gotten a Pokemon that we grabbed it while he was sleeping.” He nodded his head, his hair moving around to the side now as he looked at Johann. “But we couldn’t control it and ended up being chased around the city by Nidorino.”

“Yeah, and Alex and Medi had to come save our asses in the end,” Johann laughed loudly; enough to cause some of the people in the front row to glare at him. “Man. You saved my life back then, when that Nidorino tried to hit me with that Fury Attack I thought I was a goner.”

“Oh and remember when we tried to built that treehouse.”

“You mean the tree house you pushed me off of,” Reggie groaned in annoyance, his eyes narrowing at Johann.

“I didn’t push you! You fell!” Johann exclaimed, though he still turned away from his cousin in embarrassment. “We had just finished the house and you fell off.”

“You put your hand on my shoulder.” Reggie retorted.

“I was patting your back.” Johann groaned.

“You put force in it!” Reggie exclaimed this time; though he was actually trying to hold some laughter in rather than being mad.

“That’s what men do! We put force into everything we do. You’re the one that fell.” Johann smirked, his eyes and his cousins never faltering before they both began to laugh. “It was still funny though.”

“Yeah, you’re right,” Reggie nodded his head. “You know I really missed you Johann.”

“I missed you too Rei,” Johann smiled, his hand patting Reggie’s back softly. “If only that asshole Alex was here the trio would be back together.” He chuckled.

“Reggie?” Reggie and Johann raised their heads once they heard Reggie’s name being mentioned. Reggie’s smile vanished almost completely as he saw Miko standing a couple of meters away from the two of them, her eyes seemingly surprised. “I forgot you lived in Celadon.”

“Miko?” Reggie muttered, causing Johann to stared at him curiously before switching to Miko.

“I’m Johann, nice to meet you.” Johann greeted and waved his hand at her. He turned to Reggie once more; a small frown going through his face when he saw that Reggie had lost his smile.

“What are you doing here?” Reggie asked.

“Oh, Kevin was invited as one of the judges for the contest,” Miko said, urging for Reggie to turn to the judges table. Kevin Samuel was indeed sitting in one of the seats at the left corner of the table, his face seemed to be focus in the contest round taking place at the time. However, as if on cue, he turned his head around and waved at the group; a small grin crossing his face. “It’s so nice that I found you though.”

“Yeah, it sure is,” Reggie nodded his head shyly.

“I heard Celadon was going to turn the Celadon City Christmas Pine too, I always wanted to see it.” She giggled softly. Her words fell on deaf ears though as Reggie kept staring down at the stage while Johann in turn stared at Reggie.

“I see…” Johann muttered.

In the center of Celadon City stood Celadon’s Police Station, the station was usually quiet, something that matched with the city’s peaceful vibe. Unfortunately this wasn’t one of those days. Policemen and workers were running around the office in a hurry, each one of them with a different task that they had to complete.

“So how many agents do you think they sent?” Inside a small board room of the station sat Keith Gray along with Thomas Gray who was in turn sitting across from him, his hands and eyes looking down at a few criminal files that had been set up on the table.

“They wouldn’t send agents here so nonchalantly, the agents probably came here on their own accord,” Thomas explained as he closed the books. “Three agents I presume, they must be Grim ranked agents too.”

Keith leaned against his chair, his eyes staring at the roof for a moment before he closed them in thought. “So Memento Mori has come to Celadon. Whether it’s business or pleasure we should still be careful.”

“Aside from that there’s also another matter I want to deal with,” Thomas spoke, getting his cousin’s attention once more. “Chigon. It’s time that we keep it in check.”

End of Chapter 21
Next Time: A Broken Friendship

Last edited:
Ah, I like the name Johann for some reason. Wasn't Johann the original Japanese name of Jesse Anderson from GX? Hehe, not sure if it's on purpose but I found that amusing. Anyway, I can already imagine that Reggie's cousin will play a role in this arc as he seems like that type of character; a cool cousin jumps in to help out his weaker cousin to score with a chick, haha.

It's a bit convenient that the plot keeps progressing in the exact same city Reggie lives in, but I guess since Chigon is the target it makes sense. Also, please fix your tag list - I don't think most of these people there got their notifications (myself included).

Cool chapter, albeit a bit short.

Looking forward to more!

Johann seems like an interesting character, I'm keen to see more of his personality.

Quite a surprise to see Miko in Celadon City for Reggie. Unfortunately for him, Kevin is there as well. Going to be interesting how things turns out.

So Reggie hasn't fully recovered from his trials last year and that's the reason he fainted? I'm not really buying that, but if it is true, that leaves me somewhat worried, now that Memento Mori has been confirmed being sighted in Celadon City. Especially now that the police (or at least Keith and Thomas Gray) seemly is going to keep Chigon in check. But why are going to do that? Is it because Chigon is a unique Pokémon or do they see it as some sort of threat? Or does it have to do with the Memento Mori?

A short chapter, but it was good to read. Also, like Tsutarja, I didn't receive a mention. Think you can fix that?

Yeah I'll have to see what's wrong with the mentions, I think I might have to fix them.

Well I'm glad you both liked Johann, especially since I've been planning to introduce him for a long time now. And Tsutarja I actually hadn't remembered the Johann from GX now this has a whole new meaning for me xD though my Johann is pretty different from that.

As for what Tophat said. The reason Reggie fainted as because the healing waves used in regeneration for humans are still not completely safe, as thus when a person is subjected to too many of those waves their body weakens, there is another side effect that is much better but that's something that I'll get to later.

As for Thomas and Keith, well they want to take Chigon because, being an unknown Pokemon with a lot of power they can't just let a civilian own it like that especially since he could be of great help against Memento Mori.

Nice chapter, even with no real action, it just kept you reading because, well, I find Johann interesting. He seems like just the guy we need, if he helps Rei get happy again then yay, if he doesn't, then he becomes the new protagonist :D

The change of scenery was nice, I never read Dragon's Roar so I never understood the academy what it has to offer. I imagine it's something similar to Duel Academy from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, but I'm not sure. Them being in Celadon City for a while is pretty interesting.

Johann seems like a fun character I look forward to what more you have to offer, not only that but it seems Thomas Gray has other plans for Reggie's Chigon. Looking forward to it, all this confirms that Reggie's Chigon neglect is going somewhere. Interested in Keith as well. That reminds me that Reggie has 6 Pokemon, no? Fraxure, Azumarill, Monferno, Donphan, and Chigon? I forget the last one XD I wonder when Fraxure and Monferno will evolve, might be weird yet interesting to see Reggie with a Haxorus since it's such an intimidating Pokemon or something cool like an Infernape, but these things can't be rushed ^^

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom